Whitney Thompson Wins America's Next ...

Whitney Thompson Wins America's Next Top Model

There are 178 comments on the People,com story from May 15, 2008, titled Whitney Thompson Wins America's Next Top Model. In it, People,com reports that:

“I'm ready to knock down doors. I'm moving to New York. My bags are packed, I'm ready to go”

It's a first for America's Next Top Model - a full-figure winner. Whitney Thompson was named the the CW show's Cycle 10 champion Wednesday night, after competing in a final challenge - walking in a Versace ... via People,com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at People,com.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Nickstella

Elizabeth, NJ

#1 May 15, 2008
Cycle 10 was rigged! everyone knows Anya, Fatima, or Katargena shold have won. Tyra just wanted to prove shes not agenst plus sized people! Witney is fake and pretty ugly.
Critical Friend

Raleigh, NC

#2 May 15, 2008
Nickstella wrote:
Cycle 10 was rigged! everyone knows Anya, Fatima, or Katargena shold have won. Tyra just wanted to prove shes not agenst plus sized people! Witney is fake and pretty ugly.
Geez, get real. Most of the shows are rigged. Look at the number of Black girls that have won over the years and the large number of black girls in the top 12. She got her token hispankic a few years back, so it was now time to do something for "plus" size women. Who by the way, make up a majority of women in this country.

So when are we going to see more Asian and Indian women. Also, Fatima was not even American -- ship her sorry behind back to the refugee camp.

My biggest complaint about the show is the fact that Tyra & friends will not open up the final 4 to the phone lines like America Idol or Dance with the Stars. How come Tyra?

FYI - Melrose got the shaft by that skinny, stupid skaint from nebraska.
Nickstella

Elizabeth, NJ

#3 May 16, 2008
Critical Friend wrote:
<quoted text>
Geez, get real. Most of the shows are rigged. Look at the number of Black girls that have won over the years and the large number of black girls in the top 12. She got her token hispankic a few years back, so it was now time to do something for "plus" size women. Who by the way, make up a majority of women in this country.
So when are we going to see more Asian and Indian women. Also, Fatima was not even American -- ship her sorry behind back to the refugee camp.
My biggest complaint about the show is the fact that Tyra & friends will not open up the final 4 to the phone lines like America Idol or Dance with the Stars. How come Tyra?
FYI - Melrose got the shaft by that skinny, stupid skaint from nebraska.
the other shows werent rigged on other cycles they picked more blacks becuse they happened to be stronger models. They dident open the phonelines to america becuse the judges new best.
Ria

Aplaya, Philippines

#4 May 16, 2008
Open the phone lines? I do not think so. ANTM is as accurate as the true modeling world can be. The clients choose/judge the girls they believe is hot for their line. Modeling is not a beauty contest. It is a world that just does not have solid rules about what's hot or what's not. As Heidi Klum said in Project Runway..."One day you're in, the next day you're out." As simple as that.
Ria

Aplaya, Philippines

#5 May 16, 2008
Oh, and one more thing...there are just way too many people in the US that do not know heads or tails about what's fashionable. So, opening phone lines...nope. How can ANTM be rigged, that's fashion and that's the fashion industry. It's nothing personal, it's just fashion.
Ria

Aplaya, Philippines

#6 May 16, 2008
Nickstella wrote:
<quoted text>
the other shows werent rigged on other cycles they picked more blacks becuse they happened to be stronger models. They dident open the phonelines to america becuse the judges new best.
Totally agree with you...
Nickstella

Elizabeth, NJ

#7 May 16, 2008
Ria wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally agree with you...
Thank you!:)

“LIKE KRYPTONITE 2 SUPER STUPID”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#8 May 18, 2008
And the winner of Americas Next Top Model is... "Mooooooooooooo!" Whitney.
I think Tyra did this because of her "fat" pictures in the media in the recent past. "You want to say I'm fat? I'm Tyra and I have my own show! You want to call me fat? I'll show you! I'll make the next winner of Americas Next Top Model a fat girl!" That's my take on it. Whitney's an uncultured slob of a cow and that other finalist what’s her name, Anya was just plain U.G.L.Y. she ain't got no alibi she ugly!
I guess the winner of Americas Next Top Model couldn't be from Africa? Fatima Siad was definitely the most beautiful and high fashion model looks and body. The judges knocked her for confidence and other weak points but confidence can be gained quicker than Whitney can lose 30 pounds. Fatima has the complete package and most potential. Too bad Tyra perhaps may not want to see Fatima achieve that level of success. Fatima took better pictures than the two finalists and had the best commercial (French) of anyone. She didn’t do that well on the last commercial but neither did the Whitney or Anya.
The credibility of this show should take a serious blow due to the politicization of the body image topic. Sure Whitney’s got a little looks but a lot of dead weight. Fatima was the complete package. It’s Americas Next “Top” Model, not Americas Next “Full Figure” Model.
The Versace show was a joke and almost a disaster with Whitney about to fall over her gown and Anya looking like she was walking a runway for the first time ever, she can’t walk for nothing, she was ridiculously amateurish. Fatima walked way better than Whitney or Anya.
Fatima reminds me of a young Iman.
Nickstella

Elizabeth, NJ

#9 May 19, 2008
Real Voice of Reason wrote:
And the winner of Americas Next Top Model is... "Mooooooooooooo!" Whitney.
I think Tyra did this because of her "fat" pictures in the media in the recent past. "You want to say I'm fat? I'm Tyra and I have my own show! You want to call me fat? I'll show you! I'll make the next winner of Americas Next Top Model a fat girl!" That's my take on it. Whitney's an uncultured slob of a cow and that other finalist what’s her name, Anya was just plain U.G.L.Y. she ain't got no alibi she ugly!
I guess the winner of Americas Next Top Model couldn't be from Africa? Fatima Siad was definitely the most beautiful and high fashion model looks and body. The judges knocked her for confidence and other weak points but confidence can be gained quicker than Whitney can lose 30 pounds. Fatima has the complete package and most potential. Too bad Tyra perhaps may not want to see Fatima achieve that level of success. Fatima took better pictures than the two finalists and had the best commercial (French) of anyone. She didn’t do that well on the last commercial but neither did the Whitney or Anya.
The credibility of this show should take a serious blow due to the politicization of the body image topic. Sure Whitney’s got a little looks but a lot of dead weight. Fatima was the complete package. It’s Americas Next “Top” Model, not Americas Next “Full Figure” Model.
The Versace show was a joke and almost a disaster with Whitney about to fall over her gown and Anya looking like she was walking a runway for the first time ever, she can’t walk for nothing, she was ridiculously amateurish. Fatima walked way better than Whitney or Anya.
Fatima reminds me of a young Iman.
i kinda agree with you but whitneys not that fat and Anya was a great model. Fatima is cool. I know Whitney wasent a good model but I think Tyra just wanted a pluse sized model to win befor she left I know its a rip off but at least Fatima made it far.
alex

Scarborough, Canada

#10 May 23, 2008
tyra just wanted a plus size model to win! Anya is way pretier than witney. And witney looked real bad on that show whats with her attitude?
Nickstella

Elizabeth, NJ

#11 May 23, 2008
alex wrote:
tyra just wanted a plus size model to win! Anya is way pretier than witney. And witney looked real bad on that show whats with her attitude?
I agree.
Kay

Rosedale, MD

#12 May 27, 2008
Nickstella wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
Me too. Hey Nickstella!!! Your my BFF !!!
Amer

Saudi Arabia

#13 May 28, 2008
me too
Kay

Rosedale, MD

#14 May 28, 2008
Amer wrote:
me too
How did ya find nickstella and I here. If you wanna be our friends then okay. You can just talk 2 us instead of saying things 2 get our attention. K.
Kay

Rosedale, MD

#15 May 28, 2008
Amer u can b 1 of Nickstella's and my friend if u want 2.
Nickstella

Wayne, NJ

#16 May 28, 2008
Kay wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too. Hey Nickstella!!! Your my BFF !!!
:) thanx!
Amer

Saudi Arabia

#17 May 28, 2008
Kay wrote:
<quoted text>
How did ya find nickstella and I here. If you wanna be our friends then okay. You can just talk 2 us instead of saying things 2 get our attention. K.
ok and i have seen her many places where she comments
Amer

Saudi Arabia

#18 May 28, 2008
ok and i have made her my friend looooong waaaaaay before
Kay

Rosedale, MD

#19 May 28, 2008
Before who? Me?! You and Nickstella are like totaaally bein' mean ta me.
Kay

Rosedale, MD

#20 May 28, 2008
Nickstella wrote:
<quoted text>
:) thanx!
Nickstella you moved to a different city? I thought you used to live in Bedford, righ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atlantic Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know tyree? (May '16) Thu Maddog420 2
News On Your Side - Ken Amaro Answers Your Mail (Mar '08) Aug 16 Bud LaPoint 121
News Strange & Unusual - Eating Disorder Makes Girl ... (Nov '07) Aug 16 Spitsteal 31
Anybody remember the old bar on the westside na... (Jan '10) Aug 14 Betheny 28
Fred Cotton's BBQ Sauce Recipe??? (Dec '11) Aug 14 Betheny 12
lookin 4 jiggs Aug 14 Betheny 2
Boring site. Aug 14 Betheny 1

Atlantic Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Atlantic Beach Mortgages