2008 police shootings

Jul 30, 2008 | Posted by: thamanjimmy | Full story: www.jacksonville.com

This is a simple article by the Florida Times regarding police shootings for 2008 in the city of Jacksonville.

It seems that it is JSO's fault for shooting these 16 men and women. It is not as if these individuals are criminals. FYI...Most (if not all) of these cases dealt with either shoplifting or a drug deal that went wrong.

Once again, it seems that more police is the solution for this problem (provided by the Mayor and city leaders). Will there not just be more police shootings?

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4

“How Do You Avoid Apathy? ”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2008

"Some activists say Jacksonville police response to crime becoming an 'African-American' problem."

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories...

Duh!!!

Two important quotes from this article:

"The community has not gotten tired enough," he said. "They need to fight back. They need to start reporting these guys who are committing these crimes."

"We don't want to take a life," he said. "All we do is react." He said police could also use more officers on the street. "There is some frustration," he said. "We need that help."

More officers = less police shootings. We shall see about this one...
p rainwater

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2008

Judged:

the cops in suckersville will continue to murder people as long as rutherford covers their ass and makes excuses for the uniformed murders.
p rainwater

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2008

Judged:

p rainwater wrote:
the cops in suckersville will continue to murder people as long as rutherford covers their ass and makes excuses for the uniformed murders.
i apologize but i really do have a problem. i go by pee pee rainwater. i just typed four lines which contained the words "suckersville" and "ass" i guess ya'll can tell what's on my mind.
john

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2008

your an idiot, read the police reports these stupid motherf@#kers that are geting shot by the police are usually shooting at the police first or are some stupidass crack head dumbshits that have numerous arrests for violent crimes. the police are actually doing us a favor as tax payers so we dont have to pay for these dumbshits to sit in jail forever just to get aquited by some dumbass jury.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Atlantic Beach Discussions

Search the Atlantic Beach Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
FL 'Hiccup girl' charged with murder in Florida (Oct '10) 18 min Aaron 1,831
Over 35,000 White Women are Raped by Blacks ann... (Apr '13) 1 hr sprecks 119
Is Jacksonville a good place to live for a long... (May '06) 2 hr Maximus 224
15-year-old charged in Westside murder 4 hr noshellswill 3
America's First Home Goes Under (Jan '08) 14 hr Toaster 114
Bella Vita, Jacksonville 15 hr paulalert123 1
Headstone for slain mom's grave an answer to da... 16 hr Nellie 1
•••
•••