Tri-Township EMS Director Dan Albrech...
Disgusted

Mio, MI

#41 Dec 12, 2012
Damnit, we cant just look the other way when lives are at risk...especially the lives of those patients being hauled in the ambulances. Everyone needs to stop ignoring the wrongs people are doing just because of who that person might be or who they might know. Not wait til someone dies as a result. Thank GOD it hasn't come to that, but it did come to him putting a childs life FURTHER at risk. And apparently folks have watched him put lives at further risk for how long????
Dont be skeered

Mio, MI

#42 Dec 12, 2012
behind the bushes wrote:
<quoted text>
You think anyone one there could have stopped him? Apparently you do not know Dan. It would be a difficult task to try to prevent any supervisor from doing something stupid and even more so for anyone working for Dan, He would have fired any of his subordinates on the spot for challenging his authority to operate the ambulance. Also Dan normally does not take runs. He must have been on this call because all other personnel were already on other calls. This is part of the problem. While Dan has excellent business skills, his treatment of the EMS personnel is common knowledge, he's shouldn't have any contact with any employees because he treats them like dirt.
All the "great works" he's done? The large number of individuals on staff and there's not one who was available? I call BS.

If there's someone shitty in a position like his and folks haven't stood up to have him replaced, shame shame on all of you. Stop being scared of the people in this town and stand up for whats right. Especially the folks who work in EMS....stand up against those who aren't living up to the oath in which you all took.

Small town's have real issues with this type of corruption and unfortunately folks remain fearful to stand up against it and lives very easily could be lost as a result. Let's change the mentality of Atlanta's residence and stand up for whats right and weed out this corruption. Get on the phone and report crap like this. Its that simple.
Dont be skeered

Mio, MI

#43 Dec 12, 2012
residents* not residence---before the spelling police comes and gets me. No ones scared there.
behind the bushes

Harrison, MI

#44 Dec 12, 2012
Disgusted wrote:
The bartender very well could have stopped him with one simple phone call: Sheriff or State Police. And we all know the Staties are always close.
Did you stop to think if the bartender called the police, they could have been cited for having a person under the influence on premises or even worse, serving them? I feel sorry for bar owners they are damned if the do and damned if they don't. Don't you think there is a matter of a grown person choosing to make irresponsible choices? No the blame for this one falls only on one person's shoulders, Dan.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#45 Dec 12, 2012
I am beginning to feel some pity for Dan, Seems like the news media is playing this up way beyond the norm. I haven't seen this much coverage for a murder! I'm not defending his actions, but it seems like their (9&10 news) piling on him. Morning , noon and evening they've ran the same story for 3 straight days.
just me

Hillman, MI

#46 Dec 12, 2012
Anamnesis wrote:
I am beginning to feel some pity for Dan, Seems like the news media is playing this up way beyond the norm. I haven't seen this much coverage for a murder! I'm not defending his actions, but it seems like their (9&10 news) piling on him. Morning , noon and evening they've ran the same story for 3 straight days.
You would..Media playing this up are you for real? I don't care if this is on every hour, it was wrong. Dan is lucky but for the grace of God it didn't turn into murder!!! Pity the child and father that he had in his rig or the ppl on the road.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#47 Dec 12, 2012
just me wrote:
<quoted text> You would..Media playing this up are you for real? I don't care if this is on every hour, it was wrong. Dan is lucky but for the grace of God it didn't turn into murder!!! Pity the child and father that he had in his rig or the ppl on the road.
Believe me, I am in no way defending him. It just seems the news media is really going overboard on this. Dan screwed up and yes I do agree he will pay dearly for this. probably his medical and drivers license and maybe more. Hopefully you misunderstood my post. Every time this is played now people think that there are EMS people who are not sober when responding. Those EMS people are awesome and do a magnificent job everyday. Whether its on TV or not the justice system will handle Dan. Meanwhile everyone associated with Tri Township EMS is suffering P R damage through no fault of their own.
About time

United States

#48 Dec 12, 2012
Its about time Dan got what's coming to him! It's not the bar tenders fault, he/she was doing their job, Dan shouldn't have been drinking while he was on duty and that is what it boils down to. Those who are defending the golden boy must be shoved up Dan, Big Daddy Fred, or Scotts rear-end's. What it comes down to is Dan made the choice to go to the bar drink his Captain and Coke's while on duty, he then made the choice to get up from his sorrow pool at the bar and go drive a tax payer vehicle to the scene while intoxicated and proceed to transport two car accident victims, one who was a child none the less. What he got is what he had coming to him, he and only he made the choice to drive while drinking. So i say let him sit in that jail, have his license revoked, and lose his job and certifications because that is what he deserves.
Dont be skeered

Mio, MI

#49 Dec 12, 2012
No ones taking any of the blame off of Dan's shoulders. However, we all have a responsibility as citizens to stand up for whats right and if we observed it....we should have reported it. Plain and simple.

We all should be grateful it didn't result in a death. But if this has been ongoing, why did it take a citizen whose child was in the ambulance to call??? Why have calls not been made before he stepped anywhere near an ambulance?????????
just me

Hillman, MI

#50 Dec 12, 2012
Anamnesis wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe me, I am in no way defending him. It just seems the news media is really going overboard on this. Dan screwed up and yes I do agree he will pay dearly for this. probably his medical and drivers license and maybe more. Hopefully you misunderstood my post. Every time this is played now people think that there are EMS people who are not sober when responding. Those EMS people are awesome and do a magnificent job everyday. Whether its on TV or not the justice system will handle Dan. Meanwhile everyone associated with Tri Township EMS is suffering P R damage through no fault of their own.
Sorry if I took your post wrong,if they hadn't even used his name I would still be mad as hell. I am a EMT and this makes me so sick, it's not the fault of his crew but they will fell the black eye as we all will.
Dont be skeered

Mio, MI

#51 Dec 12, 2012
just me wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry if I took your post wrong,if they hadn't even used his name I would still be mad as hell. I am a EMT and this makes me so sick, it's not the fault of his crew but they will fell the black eye as we all will.
Agreed, Tri Townships going to feel the pain from this for a long time because of one mans screw up. Its not fair to the EMT's who've busted their butts and always done the right thing while performing their duties.
Example

Gaylord, MI

#52 Dec 12, 2012
Anamnesis wrote:
I think it should be run more! I think there are some people her that think ok it happened, it's been reported on let's drop it until something happens. Wrong! If this is not kept public every step of the way, everyday it will be too easy for some things to be swept under the rug. Keeping it in the media and in the public eye will put pressure on the state to take further action not just let the county charge him with drunk driving and child endangerment. The state should take further action! This is unacceptable! He should be made an example of for the sake of all EMS in Michigan.
Example

Gaylord, MI

#53 Dec 12, 2012
On another note... don't think people haven't been trying for a long time to remove him form his position. People who are saying well why didn't someone try to remove him from his position may want to take a look higher up.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#54 Dec 12, 2012
First I want to say, Good thing it was not my child being transported.

Second, it was reported that there was an EMT with him, why did that EMT allow him to get behind the wheel in the first place?

Third, he needs to be placed on leave (non-paid)
till this have been investigated.

There is NO excuse/reason for anyone to get behind the wheel of a vehicle of any kind if you have been drinking/or any other form of impairment.
Enraged Medic

Gaylord, MI

#55 Dec 12, 2012
Dont be skeered wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed, Tri Townships going to feel the pain from this for a long time because of one mans screw up. Its not fair to the EMT's who've busted their butts and always done the right thing while performing their duties.
Tri Township is not the only ones that are going to feel the pain from this. All of EMS in Michigan is going to suffer from this. EMS has worked so long and hard to be looked at as EMS professionals instead of just "ambulance drivers" then one bad seed makes a terrible decision and we all fall backwards again. It disgusts me to think that someone that has the same license as me could even think about getting into an ambulance after drinking but having a child in that rig also, is almost beyond my comprehension. As far as people talking about all the good things that Dan has done in the past, the good things don't matter anymore. He made the conscious decision to go on an ambulance run after he had been drinking, and then made another conscious decision to get into the driver’s seat of the ambulance and drive to the hospital. No one was holding a gun to his head or making him to do it, he did this under his own free will. And to make it worse he had a CHILD as a patient in that rig, along with the father of the child and his partner. He was endangering their lives as well as the lives of the people on the roadway. He was the one that is wrong for his actions not the bartenders or other people that may or may have not know something. He is responsible no one else, he is the one that made the decision to do this. Thank God he didn't but what if he would have killed someone in this incident would you have thought differently or what if it was your child in the back of that ambulance. Don't try to over shadow this with his "good" deeds or the fact that this is someone else fault for not reporting him. This is all on Dan this time and I hope that the prosecute him to the extent of the law and take his Paramedic license away from him because truly I don't want someone that makes decisions like this to ever happen to be around when I need an ambulance.
Example

Gaylord, MI

#56 Dec 12, 2012
Dont be skeered wrote:
<quoted text>
All the "great works" he's done? The large number of individuals on staff and there's not one who was available? I call BS.
If there's someone shitty in a position like his and folks haven't stood up to have him replaced, shame shame on all of you. Stop being scared of the people in this town and stand up for whats right. Especially the folks who work in EMS....stand up against those who aren't living up to the oath in which you all took.
Small town's have real issues with this type of corruption and unfortunately folks remain fearful to stand up against it and lives very easily could be lost as a result. Let's change the mentality of Atlanta's residence and stand up for whats right and weed out this corruption. Get on the phone and report crap like this. Its that simple.
All those people who are "on staff" are employed yes but the questions is are they on staff at the station? No, they aren't. Very few of all those employees live in the area.
Annoyed

Gaylord, MI

#57 Dec 12, 2012
So he is put on suspension? Looks like a window has been left open for him to return to work at Tri. Sorry but he should of been fired. No ifs and or buts about it!!
Dont be skeered

Mio, MI

#58 Dec 12, 2012
Example wrote:
<quoted text>
All those people who are "on staff" are employed yes but the questions is are they on staff at the station? No, they aren't. Very few of all those employees live in the area.
Thats besides the point, their all just a phone call away. Give me a break on that one.
Example

New York, NY

#59 Dec 12, 2012
Dont be skeered wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats besides the point, their all just a phone call away. Give me a break on that one.

Think about this for a moment.... if a call goes out and the truck that is staffed with a full crew takes it yes you can make a phone call to call someone in. So you call an employee that lives an hour away or more. Now it is going to take them an hour at least to get there. What happens in that hour or more waiting for someone to get there to cover? What I'm saying is don't think that all these people are actually on duty in the area or even available to be on duty in short notice. Maybe there should have been more than one crew there. His pride is what made this happen. He was too proud to pay an extra person to be there or call for another ambulance service for help.
Dont be skeered

Mio, MI

#60 Dec 12, 2012
so, forget that he's drunk....

"GET IN AND DRIVE EARL!"

Get er done anyway.

That's what your saying? Sure sounds about right.

YOU CALL SOMEONE WHOSE TO PAR TO PERFORM THE DUTY, NOT A DRUNK ASS JUST CUZ HE'S THERE.

Maybe that's what they did in Mayberry but not in this day and age. For one, ITS AGAINST THE LAW. Two, The liabilities that now fall on the Department as a whole because of one of their individuals failure to be at 100% when performing their duties.

Don't be surprised if the family chose to sue. They have every right to, and have a pretty solid case. Not only against the drunk driver, but also those who were in the rig with him, those who knew he was drunk on duty and didn't take the keys from his hand and contact the proper authorities.

Life or Death, you don't put peoples lives at further risk by jumping behind the wheel of an ambulance when your drunk....its bad enough you're responding to an accident to begin with. The last thing they need is another accident on top of the one that landed them in the ambulance in the first place.

Get a clue and grow a bit of a back bone and stand up to people you see that are doing the wrong thing. Geez, its called having integrity and holding people to that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atlanta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Do you think Garland Lodge and Resort is a rip ... (Feb '10) Jun 16 Concerned 79
Freedom in America Jun 14 Vputin 2
Freddies Family Market (Aug '14) Jun 1 Montmorency Visitor 4
Montmorency sheriffs dept & court system is A j... (Jan '15) May '16 taxpayer 14
nursing May '16 nurse to be 1
Chatter's Bar and Restaurant Mar '16 atlantapeeps 1
Own your failures Mar '16 You did it to you... 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Atlanta Mortgages