Tri-Township EMS Director Dan Albrech...

Tri-Township EMS Director Dan Albrecht arrested for OWI while driving ambulance

Posted in the Atlanta Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Concerned Citizen

Troy, MI

#1 Dec 10, 2012
Concerned Citizen

Troy, MI

#2 Dec 10, 2012
Police in Gaylord arrested an EMT at Otsego Memorial Hospital, after they suspected he had been driving drunk.

The Gaylord Police Department tells 9&10 News they arrested Dan Albrecht yesterday after he had taken a patient to the hospital.

We have file video of Albrecht, who is the operations manager for Tri-Township EMS, based in Atlanta.

9&10 News is still working to get more details at this time but Albrecht is expected to be arraigned in January.
AboutTime

Bay City, MI

#3 Dec 10, 2012
Hope he gets fired for this one. And has his license revoked! How STUPID do you have to be to go on an ambulance call when you've been drinking?

Maybe the family should look into a lawsuit for endangering family members.

Guess the lawyer will be earning his big paycheck again for Danny's antics.
ha ha the bastard

Mio, MI

#4 Dec 10, 2012
looks like daddy isnt going to be able to get him outta this one.
Atlanta transplant

Grand Rapids, MI

#5 Dec 10, 2012
Yee Haa!! It couldn't have happened to anyone more deserving.

At least this time he did it to himself rather then him putting the boots to someone else. Danny, can you spell "Carma"??
Wow

Lowell, MI

#6 Dec 10, 2012
When people call for an ambulance, it's because their health and well being is in danger. When Tri-Township picks you up, your health and well being is in double danger!

A drunk ambulance driver?!? He should be fired immediately!
No idea

Bay City, MI

#7 Dec 10, 2012
First off its spelled Karma not Carma you idiot. Next regardless of what you think of Dan Albrecht, Tri Township is not Dan Albrecht. He is an employee of the company and his actions should not take away from the good the other employees do. Don't be hateful ignorant idiots when you have no idea what you are spewing.
Mort

New York, NY

#8 Dec 10, 2012
I bet the Police Chief in Grayling has a grin on his face.
Atlanta transplant

Grand Rapids, MI

#9 Dec 10, 2012
Excuse me, Karma.

I have nothing against Tri Township or the other employees. I think they do a great job for all of us. I just couldn't understand how someone with a 2nd grade mentality could ever be appointed to head up the Tri Township. No offence intended for any one but Dan.
yeah right

Lewiston, MI

#10 Dec 10, 2012
nothing will happen to him!
behind the bushes

Harrison, MI

#11 Dec 11, 2012
Atlanta transplant wrote:
Yee Haa!! It couldn't have happened to anyone more deserving.
At least this time he did it to himself rather then him putting the boots to someone else. Danny, can you spell "Carma"??
LOL Yes Karma !!!!!!!! But you are so right about the rest!!!
Dont drink and save lives

Mio, MI

#12 Dec 11, 2012
While the Tri Township EMS might not be "Dan Albrecht", he is a direct reflection of the company. Therefore any act committed by him or any other member of the company can is a "picture" of what the company stands for.

Take no offense, that doesn't mean the Tri Township EMS is a bunch of drunks behind the wheel. What I mean is that everyone will remember this story and the charges against this paramedic when considering calling upon Tri Township EMS.

So, as a company, to preserve their good reputation they must immediately take action with a publicly disclosed suspension until this case is resolved. This will reassure the public that while there might have been one ambulance operator who screwed the pooch here, it doesn't mean they are all conducting themselves in the same manner.

We don't need our residents to feel that they cannot call upon EMS for ambulance services because of one dipstick.
EMS Employee

Gaylord, MI

#13 Dec 11, 2012
I know the rumor mill is flying by now, obviously, but please as you write these comments keep all of the Tri-Township employees in mind. They as a whole provide excellent service and care to all of their patients. While you bring one person down try to keep the rest up during this trying time. Remember EMS employees (most generally) get into this field to care for sick or injured patients, which may be yourself one day. They devote many hours, mostly family time, to care for the community and do this because they LOVE what they do.
No idea

Bay City, MI

#14 Dec 11, 2012
Lets break down some actual facts about the Devil terrible person that is Dan Albrecht.

Does he have some person issues and flaws in personality and judgement?? Well DUH not only yes but hell yes!! I bet I could pick apart any one of you including myself we all have flaws.

Tri Township employs about 50 people. Those are Northern Michigan jobs people we need them!! Dan s the one who made this possible.

Those 50 employees are in Atlanta all week long spending money in the community (YAY).

There is no other community nearly as small as Atlanta that has half the EMS presence that Atlanta has. 2 Staffed 911 ALS trucks with the latest equipment and highly trained paramedics. Plus several BLS trucks in and out of the area all day long. That has got to be comforting to the people of Atlanta.

Due to the foresight of Dan doing transfers and still maintaining 911 coverage there has been no need to increase operating millage. SAVES tax payers money!!! Still provides high level of service while nearly every other system is asking for more money Tri does not.

Just a few FACTS about the devil you are ranting about.

2nd grade mentality I THINK NOT!! I would like to see anyone of you do for Atlanta and a company what he has accomplished. You cant do those things if you are not business smart people. Enjoy the holidays spread the love not this worthless complete dribble about which you have NO IDEA!!

behind the bushes

Harrison, MI

#15 Dec 11, 2012
No idea wrote:
Lets break down some actual facts about the Devil terrible person that is Dan Albrecht.
Does he have some person issues and flaws in personality and judgement?? Well DUH not only yes but hell yes!! I bet I could pick apart any one of you including myself we all have flaws.
Tri Township employs about 50 people. Those are Northern Michigan jobs people we need them!! Dan s the one who made this possible.
Those 50 employees are in Atlanta all week long spending money in the community (YAY).
There is no other community nearly as small as Atlanta that has half the EMS presence that Atlanta has. 2 Staffed 911 ALS trucks with the latest equipment and highly trained paramedics. Plus several BLS trucks in and out of the area all day long. That has got to be comforting to the people of Atlanta.
Due to the foresight of Dan doing transfers and still maintaining 911 coverage there has been no need to increase operating millage. SAVES tax payers money!!! Still provides high level of service while nearly every other system is asking for more money Tri does not.
Just a few FACTS about the devil you are ranting about.
2nd grade mentality I THINK NOT!! I would like to see anyone of you do for Atlanta and a company what he has accomplished. You cant do those things if you are not business smart people. Enjoy the holidays spread the love not this worthless complete dribble about which you have NO IDEA!!
You do raise some excellent and valid points in your post. may I also comment that while I do agree with your post for the most part I would like to point out the following facts as well.
Because of Dan's self serving attitude he has cost the EMS serve a great deal of trouble and money in legal fees to get him out of the jams he put himself and the service in. Secondly while Dan has done an excellent job in building the EMS he has done it with the blood and sweat of many who backed him only to have him turn on them and fire them. Much of the turmoil and employee turn over could have been averted if Dan had used common sense and not let his love affair with himself control his actions both working and in private life. Do you actually think this was an isolated instance? How many times before has he responded on a 911 request under the influence? He has openly bragged about this in the local watering holes! While Mr Albrecht has done much to build the EMS he has also done much to harm it as well. If you talk with any of the former employees you can get some insight into Mr Albrecht's motives and attitude about the employees or the public as well. Mr Albrecht is narcissistic and is void of concern for others. Why in the world would he jeopardize the lives of citizens taking a call like this if he had any common sense as well?
Concerned

Watertown, WI

#16 Dec 11, 2012
Dan needs to be put on Administrative Leave until he has his day in court. Anything less will give the Tri Township EMS a black eye.
captain coke dan

Roseville, MI

#17 Dec 11, 2012
let me just say, I was a bartender in one of the bars in Atlanta,and Dan would sit there and drink his captain and coke like a fish, would fall asleep at the bar,I had to wake him and tell him to leave,he was on duty-while sitting in the bar getting hammered, this was not right and I other people also seen this, but know one in Atlanta said a thing about it? just put it under the rug just like every thing else in Atlanta.
Montmorency Voter

New York, NY

#18 Dec 11, 2012
This would be a tragedy no matter who it happened to. But even more so for Dan, who has been the driving force making TTEMS what it is today. Don't get me wrong, he made a terrible mistake in judgment and should pay the consequences. But don't take down the whole company for the misguided actions of one. I'm sure the Ambulance Board will take the appropriate actions and so will the courts. Good luck, Dan.
Montmorency Voter

New York, NY

#19 Dec 11, 2012
captain coke dan wrote:
let me just say, I was a bartender in one fo the bars in Atlanta,and Dan would sit there and drink his captain and coke like a fish, would fall asleep at the bar,I had to wake him and tell him to leave,he was on duty-while sitting in the bar getting hammered, this was not right and I other people also seen this, but know one in Atlanta said a thing about it? just put it under the rug just like every thing else in Atlanta.
Are you not part of the problem? Why didn't you say something, get him some help? Early intervention might have saved us from this tragic catastrophe. Atlanta citizens need to step up to the plate to try and make this a better town, not just sit idly by and watch.
behind the bushes

Harrison, MI

#20 Dec 11, 2012
Montmorency Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you not part of the problem? Why didn't you say something, get him some help? Early intervention might have saved us from this tragic catastrophe. Atlanta citizens need to step up to the plate to try and make this a better town, not just sit idly by and watch.
You also raise some valid points. Bartenders are trained to know when their clientele get overly "medicated". But as far as intervention, I strongly disagree. If you understand intervention, the subject has to be at the bottom and ready to get help and be helped. Do you think Mr. Albrecht was there yet? I don't, While I wish him and the service the best, Dan was not ready to seek or want any help, hopefully this alleged incident will be the thing that gets him pointed in the right direction and the much needed help he needs. Thank God no one was hurt during this incident.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atlanta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is he doing? Dec 5 Mhmm 2
Welcome to the jungle? Dec 3 Whatevs 3
Elk County animal shelter (May '10) Dec 2 Yep 72
Freddies Family Market (Aug '14) Nov '17 Lady with the Truth 6
Judge Mike Mack (Oct '09) Oct '17 Carol 13
Atlanta Mi Aug '17 No Joke 2
Freddies Market (Sep '16) Aug '17 Not Alumni 8

Atlanta Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance