Do you think Garland Lodge and Resort...

Do you think Garland Lodge and Resort is a rip off now?

Created by Yeah Right on Dec 3, 2009

481 votes

Click on an option to vote

No

No I love Garland!

Yes Garland will go down hill!

Yes why does anyone go there?

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Garland Resort

Grand Rapids, MI

#1 Feb 2, 2010
It was awesome place, everyone was great and the food was ok. It was worth the stay....
hey

United States

#2 Feb 2, 2010
hey, don't like the price? DON'T GO
TED

Detroit, MI

#3 Feb 2, 2010
$75.00 and up for a round of golf! You don't think that is a rip off? Thunder Bay is way better!
just me

United States

#4 Mar 11, 2010
I wonder how this summer will go? With no one there to get anything ready.... LMAO!!! Great Job Randy!! Let's keep getting rid of the people that know how to run everything you don't!! You are not just running Garland into the ground, you are also running Lewiston into the ground.
now really

Ambler, PA

#5 Mar 16, 2010
someone say Randy? you mean the old twp. maint. guy? yikes
Jan and Nick

Westland, MI

#6 Mar 17, 2010
Stunning, well run resort. The entire staff does a fantastic job. The newly remodeled Lodge is spectacular! From the grand stone fireplaces, massive chandeliers, beautiful furniture, redone guest rooms, totally refurbished dining room and bar area, tumbled marble floors, Starbuck's coffee shop to the newly polished pro shop, it's an exquisite blend of rustic sophistication. Kudos to the new owner and his multi million dollar investment to bring the largest log structure east of the Mississippi to a whole new level. Starting in the summer of 2009, the new ownership has already begun to reshape the golf courses themselves. Come see for yourself; Garland still sits nestled in one of the most beautiful, secluded areas of Michigan and now shines like a newly polished, magnificent gem. I think that it has reclaimed it's quote from it's glory days: Garland, the get away that you never quite get over.
Wheres the BEEF

Thermal, CA

#7 Jun 13, 2010
Its quite simple don't like it DON'T go
shelly

Fremont, CA

#8 Aug 28, 2010
loves it
hey

Kansas City, KS

#9 Mar 12, 2011
hey, i think golf is a rip off
June

Ortonville, MI

#10 May 9, 2011
Garland has been revitalized by new owners and new management. Millionsof $$$$ have been spent renovating it. We love it.

I'm sure the only ones who are complaining are the ones that the previous owner gave a sweet deal to at the expense of the rest of us. Which by the way, previous owner, Ron Otto, managed it into bankruptcy.

So quit complaining about new management and new actions. It's a business that needs to be run like a business to be successful. There's plenty of us who love it.
just so you know

Saginaw, MI

#11 Jun 4, 2011
just me wrote:
I wonder how this summer will go? With no one there to get anything ready.... LMAO!!! Great Job Randy!! Let's keep getting rid of the people that know how to run everything you don't!! You are not just running Garland into the ground, you are also running Lewiston into the ground.
There are still people here to get things ready or we wouldn't be up and running. Randy is not the one running everything. He doesn't tell everyone how their jobs should be done. Garland is doing very well now. Our employee are happier and treat the guest better because it is a better working environment. At least now the employee's here are starting to feel like they do make a difference. Everyday this company gets stronger thanks to its hardworking employees. Some of the people the company got rid of not Randy had bad attitudes and should have been gone a long time ago. I have worked here a long time and I thinks it gets better everyday.
never again

Sterling Heights, MI

#12 Jul 25, 2011
The worst golf trip experience possible. Nobody on staf seems to know what is going on, the communication between the various departments is non-existent. Golf courses are in terrble condition, the food is barely tolerable and the hospitality and service the worst I have ever had. Not to mention the embarrassing behavior by the same individual on the patio on 2 consecutive evenings. I later found out that the drunken person berating an employee and then loudly arguing with a customer was the General Manager. Very sad that is how the person in charge acts. No wonder no one acts like like they want to be there. I will not give them a second chance
Janet Makris

Salem, OR

#13 Jul 25, 2011
Can't imagine that you had such a terrible time but don't know your experience. We LOVE being at Garland, have been for 18 years and certainly think that it's a well run resort.
As far as the "drunken person berating an employee..." there's no way that was the General Manager. He is a total professional and has been in this business for decades. Not sure who behaved badly, or who told you that the person behaving badly was the GM, but I think you might have been misinformed.
Just wondering

Tekonsha, MI

#14 Sep 1, 2011
When are they going to finally finish the 5th golf course? I recently saw an article saying the plans to finish Sanctuary course were scrapped. What's the scoop?
Mort

Toledo, OH

#15 Sep 1, 2011
Words out they are building a bowling alley insted.
Janet

Salem, OR

#16 Sep 1, 2011
Mort wrote:
Words out they are building a bowling alley insted.
Haven't heard a word about a bowling alley, but sounds like fun. Where do you think they plan on putting a bowling alley?
Scott

Royal Oak, MI

#17 Sep 6, 2011
June wrote:
Garland has been revitalized by new owners and new management. Millionsof $$$$ have been spent renovating it. We love it.
I'm sure the only ones who are complaining are the ones that the previous owner gave a sweet deal to at the expense of the rest new actions. It's a business that needs to be run like a business to be successful. There's plenty of us who love it.
You need to teach your people how to deal with the public on the phone. Very rude. Lost our tee times and messed up our cabin reservations. Part of a large outing this year and they were not very accommodating I do not recommend this place. Won't be back
Mort

Davisburg, MI

#18 Sep 7, 2011
Scott wrote:
<quoted text> You need to teach your people how to deal with the public on the phone. Very rude. Lost our tee times and messed up our cabin reservations. Part of a large outing this year and they were not very accommodating I do not recommend this place. Won't be back
Wow, hope they run the bowling center then the golf.
waynecountyfag

Mio, MI

#19 Dec 7, 2011
Yes
contractor

Lewiston, MI

#20 Dec 29, 2011
Stayed at Cottages and had a/c problem when garland employee arrived to fix it, didn't have a clue what to do. I asked if he or any other employees were licensed he stated he didn't need to be as he was resort employee. News to me being a licensed contractor for over 25 years, makes me feel safe knowing my safety is in the hands of untrained employees, shame on management for endangering peoples lives. Guess money is more important than safety.....Don't believe me ask anyone in management to see a license....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atlanta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atlanta Mi Mon No Joke 2
Freddies Market (Sep '16) Aug 17 Not Alumni 8
Spay and neuter clinic Aug 14 Brandi 2
Drugs, Drugs, Drugs!!! (Jan '17) Aug 12 NotMeantToBeNice 5
park millage (Apr '15) Aug 7 Bruce Heil 4
Freddies Family Market (Aug '14) Aug 7 Bill O 5
Tri-Township EMS Director Dan Albrecht arrested... (Dec '12) Jul 26 Former EMS rider 148

Atlanta Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Atlanta Mortgages