Ready, set, sit . . . for about 43 hours

Ready, set, sit . . . for about 43 hours

There are 23 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Sep 18, 2007, titled Ready, set, sit . . . for about 43 hours. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

What would you do with an extra 43 hours a year? Morning rush hour: A new study tells these folks on I-465 what they already knew: Indy drivers waste time in traffic -- about 43 hours a year in 2005, more than ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mitch

Cincinnati, OH

#28 Sep 19, 2007
I want to build more roads that you can sit on and waste your time and gas while people in other states, cities, and countries are taking the bus/train to work from the suburbs and getting business done on their laptops at the same time. Ha ha ha. I'm taking your money and giving it right to the Saudis. Enjoy all the roads I'm building for you. www.majorgoofs.org

Since: Dec 06

Peru, Indiana

#29 Sep 19, 2007
getreal wrote:
That is only 10 minutes a day, 5 days a week, 50 weeks a year. What's the big deal? Is that really worth spending billions on instead of just adjusting our travel schedules?
Kudos! You were the only one that took the time to figure this out. I wonder if the Star new this and was using us as an experiment. ummmm
Bob

Duncan, OK

#30 Sep 21, 2007
Gary Moody -- Franklin wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, and we also need to raise the Fed and State gas taxes and plow the money into public transit. Which will save us ALL money in the long run. Versus what we're doing now, which is paying the "congestion tax" as Oberstarr points out.
Why not have transit riders pay the full cost of the system, instead of taxing someone else?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atlanta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) 4 min JustJoe 574
Weatherman Clifford Nicholson Sat Larry Johnson 1
Angie and Becky class of 92 what are their last... Mar '18 Who knows 1
Is Matt Quigley part of the Tipton Corruption (Nov '12) Mar '18 Jason Turner 4
Satan's Church Tipton IN. (Aug '17) Mar '18 Ocrober 22 2015 5
Tabitha Shuck-Raines Murder Update 2012 (Oct '12) Feb '18 James 6
Wife Saver Restaurants in Augusta: Lousy stale ... Jan '18 Asllyson Gray 2

Atlanta Jobs

Personal Finance

Atlanta Mortgages