Tornado pummels rural Hamilton Co.

Tornado pummels rural Hamilton Co.

There are 28 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Apr 12, 2007, titled Tornado pummels rural Hamilton Co.. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

A fast-moving storm that swept through Hamilton County from the west early Wednesday night spawned a tornado that caused no known injuries but damaged homes and barns in the Arcadia countryside, officials ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
southside

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Apr 12, 2007
At least no one was injured as far as I have heard. Homes can always be rebuilt, people cannot.
Steve

Virginia Beach, VA

#2 Apr 12, 2007
Where were the parents?
Sharon

Crawford, CO

#4 Apr 12, 2007
Thankgoodness nobody was killed in the storms path. Does anyone know if they have tornado sirens in the areas affected? If they do, did they go off before the touchdowns?
Connie Kauffman

Surprise, AZ

#5 Apr 12, 2007
My mother lives North of Tipton, Indiana on the farm of 70 years. She told me this am about the storm hitting in the Arcadia area."Thank goodness" no one was hurt in that area.
Comic Relief

United States

#6 Apr 12, 2007
I wish a tornado would flatten Carmel! Everytime a tornado hits Hamilton County it does about a million dollars worth of improvemnt!
Madison County Resident

Bridgeport, WV

#7 Apr 12, 2007
I live in Anderson and I know that ours didn't go off. I think the bad stuff was north of us though...
Rich from Indy

Kansas City, MO

#8 Apr 12, 2007
Did any of the kids get hurt that were in the Carmel portable classrooms? ;o)
lids

United States

#9 Apr 12, 2007
i live in arcadia. thank goodness no one got hurt it was crazy last night
Nice

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Apr 12, 2007
Always has to be some jealous dirtbag on here making comments like this.

Thankfully, no one was hurt in last evenings storms.
Comic Relief wrote:
I wish a tornado would flatten Carmel! Everytime a tornado hits Hamilton County it does about a million dollars worth of improvemnt!
Aimee

Jeffersonville, IN

#11 Apr 12, 2007
I know for a fact that they do. My parents live there. I also lived there for 22 years. There are multiple sirens. I was on the phone with my sister while the tornado was on the ground and I could hear the sirens.
Sharon wrote:
Thankgoodness nobody was killed in the storms path. Does anyone know if they have tornado sirens in the areas affected? If they do, did they go off before the touchdowns?
Curegal78

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Apr 12, 2007
Awww the majesty of Indiana weather. One day a tornado. The next day friggin snow. Got to love it! Glad no one was hurt.
Pete

North Attleboro, MA

#13 Apr 12, 2007
Comic Relief wrote:
Yuck yuck yuck...leave it up to a simpleton Hoosier to try and crack such a lame "joke".
my point is

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Apr 12, 2007
Steve wrote:
Where were the parents?
Whew! Good think for Daylight Savings, otherwise it would have been dark out and we wouldn't have seen those tornados coming! Thanks Mitch!
Doc in Kokomo-Westfield

Kokomo, IN

#15 Apr 12, 2007
I was at 236th and 31 last night at this time
It was brutal there my Minivan was feeling the wind and we couldnt see much due to the sheets of rain, it seemed to last 2-3 min, but is understandable that tornado touched down 5 miles away on 19.
SayWhat

Girard, OH

#16 Apr 12, 2007
Hmmm
Browning

Warrenville, IL

#17 Apr 12, 2007
We were in Greenwood, just leaving McDonalds when it started dumping. And a bolt of lightening struck the yard next to us. The kids screamed and jumped in the van. As my 8 year old son was buckling up he said, "Well at least we'll die with a full belly" Now that's postive thinking right there!:)
The Weatherman

Fishers, IN

#19 Apr 12, 2007
Clearly this was Bart Peterson's fault. Or is it Mitch? Maybe Julia.
Kayla

Amlin, OH

#23 Apr 12, 2007
I live in Zionsville, where the National Weather Service had a tornado warning in effect from about 6:45 until 7:15, and I heard the sirens go off here at least twice. Glad to hear no one was injured...
Madison Co resident

Greenfield, IN

#24 Apr 12, 2007
wild man Billie wrote:
Lizton Ind was hit too but I guess it was not news worthy do to the fact that it is not in HAMILTON county
Hey wild man Billie, can ya'll read there in Lizton? Perhaps you missed the story "Storm damages 6 Hendricks Co. homes". Duh
Comic Relief is Stupid

Carmel, IN

#25 Apr 12, 2007
Comic Relief wrote:
If that happens, I hope you and your mama are living there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atlanta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jane Crawford Aug 8 Jill 1
Tabitha Shuck-Raines Murder Case Update 2012 (Oct '12) Jul '15 Kris 9
Does anyone remember Oakes Mfg. Co. Inc, Tipton... (May '09) Jun '15 CuriousInPA 63
nichole hulet moore Jun '15 nichole hulet moore 1
nichole hulet moore Jun '15 nichole hulet moore 1
News Task force nets 2 suspects in crack cocaine sales (Mar '08) May '15 Chris w 48
Dakota Bunch May '15 Curious 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Atlanta Mortgages