4-town train will start runs this Sat...

4-town train will start runs this Saturday

There are 4 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jun 8, 2007, titled 4-town train will start runs this Saturday. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

The Hoosier Heartland, a weekend express train that will shuttle riders between four communities, will have its first run Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

john smith

Dayton, OH

#1 Jun 8, 2007
its' about time that the transportation museum got over it's infatuation with playing with trains. Having lived next to the rails this train runs on for over 25 years, I can remember when the "real" trains, with professional engineers used this system. There was alot less whistle blowing, and much less auto traffic congestion. These trains would regulary run and were hardly distrubing. Now, with fellows like this Ufkes running the train, its' all whistles and bells. Of course I suppose, when you have to look, "low and left", for a fella's "dog", he needs the reassurance of a loud whistle and bells to feel good about himself. Keep the trains in the yard at Forest Park.
1_MEAN_1

Lafayette, IN

#2 Jun 8, 2007
john smith wrote:
its' about time that the transportation museum got over it's infatuation with playing with trains. Having lived next to the rails this train runs on for over 25 years, I can remember when the "real" trains, with professional engineers used this system. There was alot less whistle blowing, and much less auto traffic congestion. These trains would regulary run and were hardly distrubing. Now, with fellows like this Ufkes running the train, its' all whistles and bells. Of course I suppose, when you have to look, "low and left", for a fella's "dog", he needs the reassurance of a loud whistle and bells to feel good about himself. Keep the trains in the yard at Forest Park.

WRONG WRONG!

Mr. Ufkes is not a train operator! He is just a volunteer, who enjoys seeing these relics...restored. The next time I see Mr. Ufkes, in person, I plan on thanking him for the hundreds of hours that he has volunteered and the multitude of money-out-of-his-pocket, that he has spent to help preserve historic railroad artifacts.

As far as the horn-blowing: this is a requirement and a locomotive engineer could be severly sentenced in a court of law, if the horn is not properly actived during a grade crossing.

Perhaps you should get your "facts" before you begin typing. This may help you look less...ignorant!
cicero resident

West Covina, CA

#3 Jun 8, 2007
ALLLLL ABOARD-- I want to ride this on Saturday. Meet me there for the early ride.
TOUCHE

Bradenton, FL

#4 Jun 17, 2007
cicero resident wrote:
ALLLLL ABOARD-- I want to ride this on Saturday. Meet me there for the early ride.
My husband & I can't wait, we're going to have so much fun!
Chooo Choooooo!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atlanta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tabitha Shuck-Raines Murder Update 2012 (Oct '12) 14 hr James 6
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) 20 hr psychosis abounds 180
Wife Saver Restaurants in Augusta: Lousy stale ... Jan '18 Asllyson Gray 2
Satan's Church Tipton IN. (Aug '17) Dec '17 Raaaaa 4
Richmond County Public Library: Racism and Hara... Dec '17 Dr Martin 2
Does anyone remember Oakes Mfg. Co. Inc, Tipton... (May '09) Dec '17 LamBambigello 72
Anyone know what happened to Mike Hoover (Sep '12) Dec '17 Brook 5

Atlanta Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Atlanta Mortgages