Jacobi, Rothrock won't seek re-election

Jacobi, Rothrock won't seek re-election

There are 11 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Feb 22, 2008, titled Jacobi, Rothrock won't seek re-election. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Heights School Board has 2 open seats Two seats are open on the Hamilton Heights School Board, and each has one candidate so far.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Hilary Clinton Sucks

Louisville, KY

#1 Feb 22, 2008
Chris Hamm?? Are you kidding me? This guy (Hamm) is working his way right to city hall just like Dumb Dumb Ditsler did. I WONT be voting for this clown.
HC Resident

Avon, IN

#2 Feb 22, 2008
I am very excited to see someone with great character and dignity is running for public office like Dori Newman. I think she will be an excellent candidate and board member. Noblesville needs to look to the future with young and energetic people like Mrs. Newman. She definitely has my vote and I hope others realize what a quality candidate she is as well.
HiRode

United States

#3 Feb 22, 2008
HC Resident wrote:
I am very excited to see someone with great character and dignity is running for public office like Dori Newman. I think she will be an excellent candidate and board member. Noblesville needs to look to the future with young and energetic people like Mrs. Newman. She definitely has my vote and I hope others realize what a quality candidate she is as well.
I truely hope she is as good as you expect her to be. It's time Noblesville's School Board got some fresh new faces. I'm definitely glad to see Rothrock go. Her time on staff has been running far too long. I am minorly disappointed with Jacobi's departure but it still comes down to the failures occuring on his watch. For that I want to issue special thanks to Kevin Brinegar for leaving that mess behind.
geofff

Newport, KY

#4 Feb 22, 2008
What about everyones favorite....Andy Corman!! HA HA HA HA HA. He is a complete moron

“Welcome to the Pound!”

Since: Dec 07

Yorktown

#5 Feb 22, 2008
I will be anxious to here more about each person and see that talk about the issues facing our school system. I was at the board meeting this week and after you subtract the folks that were there for awards and the kids that needed to attend to fullfill a class requirement there was not many of us there.
Check Your Facts

Louisville, KY

#6 Feb 22, 2008
Hilary Clinton Sucks wrote:
Chris Hamm?? Are you kidding me? This guy (Hamm) is working his way right to city hall just like Dumb Dumb Ditsler did. I WONT be voting for this clown.
WOW. I guess everyone has their opinion, but I for one think Chris Hamm would make an outstanding addition to the Noblesville School Board. He has my support and my vote. By the way, as you are a Fisher's resident, he has not lost your vote as you cannot vote for the NOBLESVILLE School Board. Check your facts next time.
YOU check your facts

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Feb 22, 2008
Check Your Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW. I guess everyone has their opinion, but I for one think Chris Hamm would make an outstanding addition to the Noblesville School Board. He has my support and my vote. By the way, as you are a Fisher's resident, he has not lost your vote as you cannot vote for the NOBLESVILLE School Board. Check your facts next time.
The person who posted this is not necessarily a Fishers resident, that is merely where their Internet Service Provider is based. I, for example, am a Noblesville resident, but below my name it will say Indianapolis. Check YOUR facts.

And oh, by the way, Chris Hamm is looking to start at the School Board, and ultimately make a run for Noblesville City Council. Look for him to be Ditslear's choice to run against Mary Sue Rowland in 2011.
Nobletucky Flooding

Louisville, KY

#8 Feb 22, 2008
Check Your Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
I do live in Nobletucky for your information, and I WONT be voting for Mr. "work my way to city hall Hamm"!! Have any of you walked through NHS lately? How about a dress code for pete sake!!
Noblesville Parent

Louisville, KY

#9 Feb 22, 2008
HC Resident wrote:
I couldn't agree more. I worked on a couple of legal cases in the past with Mrs. Newman and was very impressed with her professionalism and ability. I believe she is exactly what the educational system needs today: common sense, efficiency, and genuine compassion. I will absolutely be supporting Mrs. Newman and I wish her only the best in this campaign.
Strange Idea

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Feb 25, 2008
Does it really matter anyway who runs for these positions? They are pretty much a formality for the "people" to feel like they have a say in how the schools are ran. If the administration wants something, they will do it! No matter what the "board" says... there are ways around anything. These are just meager folk who want to feel like they are making a difference and have a voice. You could vote in Barney the dinosaur and it would not change a thing.
Tired of higher taxes

Noblesville, IN

#11 Oct 9, 2012
What I would like to know is if any of the candidates will say no to the requests for more money and actually push to cut the waste in our schools. All the money that was approved last time didn't a)get spent on what they said they would spend it on and b) didn't improve the education or test scores. NO NEW TAXES FOR NOBLESVILLE SCHOOLS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atlanta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tipton couple charged with boy found weighing j... Jun 17 Tweedle 1
Does anyone remember Oakes Mfg. Co. Inc, Tipton... (May '09) Jun 3 p morse 67
tipton co. gov. (May '13) Apr '17 Joe 138
News Chilly reception: Lawmakers upset about conveni... Mar '17 Butt out 2
News Task force nets 2 suspects in crack cocaine sales (Mar '08) Dec '16 My take 52
Jessica stout a witch? (Jul '14) Nov '16 Ron 7
Looking for a 4 bd 2 bth pet friendly home (Nov '16) Nov '16 aperk 1

Atlanta Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Atlanta Mortgages