River blend

Full story: Columbus Dispatch
The cannons of Point Park stake the territory atop Lookout Mountain. The Southern Belle riverboat offers cruises from its downtown dock. Full Story
tom the traveler

Harveysburg, OH

#1 Aug 9, 2009
I've been to Chattanogga twice and this article is really spot on except the "choo choo" is pretty barren. The article also under promotes the bluffview arts district which has the best view and best small restaurants in the city.

The author also fails to mention that old railroad bridge which still stands and has been turned into a pedestrian only bridge which you can walk across the river.

The downtown bars often have live country bands and are also pretty entertaining.

I personally liked the walk to Ruby Falls, but then I'm a guy who likes caves.

Lookout Mountain does tower above the downtown with a fabulous view. It is also the "Bexley" of Chattanoga with excellent housing stock. It is also suffering the real estate downturn with many many houses for sale.

Downtown near the museum, the real estate crunch has also hit with many upscale loft developements suffering, despite sporting great views of the river.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Downtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Patti Brantley Hospitalized After Foxhunting Fall Dec 17 Will Dockery 2
Cops: Midtown victim partied before fall (May '10) Dec 11 sisterly love 26
How a protester called out police brutality fro... Dec 1 Grob Hahn 1
Eyeworks of Atlanta Oct '14 jenjones 2
East Atlanta Residents Recognized as Influentia... Oct '14 Bob Rooney 1
Aisle 5 celebrates grand opening with DJ Vadim ... Oct '14 Dead Dale 1
Jason Carter Announces State Committee Sep '14 Robin Hood 3
Atlanta Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web