Atlanta vendors kicked to the curb

Apr 11, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Creative Loafing Atlanta

'WORK NOT WELFARE': President of Atlanta Vendor Association Larry Miller lead last Saturday's protest in the shadow of the Final Four festivities.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Apr 11, 2013

“Yet another average white man.”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

This is a shame. I realize they want to get rid of that 3rd world market look so many street vendors seem to want to cultivate, bt the timing here is just so obvious. They're tryig to send a message to the peole who can afford it least hat they are no longer welcome downtown. I know a lot of street vendors who are honorable and have even helped police catch crooks who try to snatch and run from downtown businesses. What's the deal Kasim?
Grobbbbbbbbb

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

General Growth Properties from Chicago getting the vending permits from Mayor Mohammad and selling the permit for $1500 each which used to cost the venders $250 each. Mayor Mohammed takes trips to DC almost weekly to visit his favorite Chicago buddy now occupying the WH. Does anyone smell a rat busy at extortion at the expense of these private entrepreneurs? Does it smell like another Jessie Jackson type of extortion plan to anyone? They voted for "change" now they must live with it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Downtown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Downtown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••