Two Shot Outside Downtown Atlanta Bank

Apr 25, 2008 Full story: WSB-TV 124

“After the man and woman were talking for awhile a verbal altercation took place and then a physical altercation took place”

Police are investigating a possible murder-suicide outside the Bank of America Plaza on Peachtree Street in downtown Atlanta. via WSB-TV

Full Story
Tai

Birmingham, AL

#22 Apr 28, 2008
Maly wrote:
<quoted text>
alright...u wanna sit there and ask us where were we when he needed help?.and tell us we were no where to be found???...Who do u think convinced him to move out here???..MY FAMILY... where do u think he was stayin when he moved out to ATL ???.with MY FAMILY...who do u think tried to help him out with life and get him away from all the shit in NY????...MY FAMILY....you want to sit there and label him as a weak escuse for a man when you dont even have enough balls to state your name proudly to credit yourself for your writing you seem to be so proud of??...For you to sit there and criticize us as failures in helping Jermaine out in his time of need, who the fuck do you think you are????.God???....Cuz only god can judge us....and if there was such thing as a damn god...how does he allow shit like this to happen...you answer that..since your such a great writer and you seem to know every damn thing....hes a grown as man!! we cant babysit him and walk him through every second of his life to make sure at that given moment we would have been there to take the gun from his hand!...Theres only so much people can do..WE're not psychics! we cant predict shit like that...Who knew he would ever be capable of something like that?...Jermaine was always so happy around us....So dont sit here and tell us just because hes dead we want to claim to love him...thats words coming from a damn coward...you know nothing about us...we loved jermaine with all our hearts...and hes always had a place to stay with us since day one that we met him...where ever we were...in the east coast or where we are now down south..he always had a home...so dont sit there and tell us we wasnt there!...you know shit about us!...you knew nothing about what happened but what the media has to display for you so fuck yourself...and then you also want to sit there and offer us condolences?...the fuck?..It didnt matter if he knew the bitch for a short amount of time...shit happens....at least he was man enough to step up to the plate and claim his responsibilities as a father to the child...but she took that away from him..all he wanted was his baby...Jermaine has never been violent toward any female...she deserved it..I've never wished death upon anyone in my life...but she took the life of her own child...so whos the sorry excuse for a human being?...tell me that!
HOW DARE YOU SAY MY SISTER DESERVES TO BE DEAD BECAUSE SHE DIDNT WANT AN 18 YEAR RELATIONSHIP WITH THAT PSYCHOTIC INDIVIDUAL. JUST FROM READING YOUR COMMENTS, YOU APPEAR TO BE A YOUNG SIMPLE MINDED INDIVIDUAL. BUT YOU GIVE ME A MINUTE BECAUSE I GOT A LOT TO SAY TO YOU.
maria

Orlando, FL

#23 Apr 28, 2008
yes he would styll b like an uncle to me.family is family.i may not have agreed wit his decision.what im tryna say is that he isnt the only one to blame.i KNOWWWW how much my uncle wanted dat child.hell sit by me n tell me that the day he have a child hed b sooo excited n that everytime he sees a family he getss sooooo excited.hes getten old n thats all he wanted was a family to go home to n a baby to kiss at night.he took your sisters life but she took the life of an innocent child.not to sound like a bytch but she should of thought of using a condom.dats what their made for.n like u said everyone has their own opinion.n my opinion is their both wrong in their own ways.im juz sayin people needa stop sayin dumb things bout him because its not that neccessary.he knew his mistake that y he took his own life.he told us all he wanted a child to DEATh.n i guess he really meant it.
maria

Orlando, FL

#24 Apr 28, 2008
Tai wrote:
<quoted text>
EVERYBODY HAS THEIR OWN OPINION ABOUT THIS SITUATION, THE BOTTOM LINE IS HE HAD NO RIGHT TO TAKE MY SISTER'S LIFE. SHE DID WHAT SHE THOUGHT WAS BEST FOR HER. YOU SAID HE WAS LIKE AN UNCLE TO YOU BUT HE WAS A NIGHTMARE TO ME AND MY FAMILY. YOU SAY HE WAS A GOOD PERSON, GOOD PEOPLE DON'T KILL THEMSELVES. IN MY HEART I KNOW I HAVE TO FORGIVE HIM BUT I WILL NEVER FORGET THE PAIN HE HAS CAUSED TO ME AND MY FAMILY. OBVIOUSLY HE HAD MENTAL ISSUES ANYWAY!!! SO REGARDLESS IF IT WAS MY SISTER OR NOT HE PROBABLY WOULD HAVE TAKEN SOMEBODY ELSE'S LIFE EVENTUALLY. I WILL LEAVE YOU WITH THIS THOUGHT MARIA, WHAT IF IT WAS YOUR SISTER HE HAD MURDERED, WOULD HE STILL BE LIKE AN UNCLE TO YOU? "PROBABLY NOT" !!!!!
yes he would styll b like an uncle to me.family is family.i may not have agreed wit his decision.what im tryna say is that he isnt the only one to blame.i KNOWWWW how much my uncle wanted dat child.hell sit by me n tell me that the day he have a child hed b sooo excited n that everytime he sees a family he getss sooooo excited.hes getten old n thats all he wanted was a family to go home to n a baby to kiss at night.he took your sisters life but she took the life of an innocent child.not to sound like a bytch but she should of thought of using a condom.dats what their made for.n like u said everyone has their own opinion.n my opinion is their both wrong in their own ways.im juz sayin people needa stop sayin dumb things bout him because its not that neccessary.he knew his mistake that y he took his own life.he told us all he wanted a child to DEATh.n i guess he really meant it.
Maly

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#25 Apr 28, 2008
Tai wrote:
<quoted text>
HOW DARE YOU SAY MY SISTER DESERVES TO BE DEAD BECAUSE SHE DIDNT WANT AN 18 YEAR RELATIONSHIP WITH THAT PSYCHOTIC INDIVIDUAL. JUST FROM READING YOUR COMMENTS, YOU APPEAR TO BE A YOUNG SIMPLE MINDED INDIVIDUAL. BUT YOU GIVE ME A MINUTE BECAUSE I GOT A LOT TO SAY TO YOU.
how dare i say that?..but how dare your cousin tell my uncle to rot in hell!!!!...Simple minded huh?....she was doing what was best for her huh??? If she was responsible enough to perform unprotected sex...she should be reponsible enough to deal with the consequences...but, she didnt...she mad a selfish decision...and i never said what he did was right...al im saying is dont get judgemental...cause if thats the case we can do that too..no one knew exactly what was goin on in either of their minds or what was said at the scene..and thats that...im tired of this..argueing online...i got better things to do..everyones entitled to their own opinion and no one has to agree...good luck to u and ur family in life...
maria

Orlando, FL

#26 Apr 28, 2008
Tory One wrote:
wow I musty be one of the few people not related to this psycho waste od air.
Seems the blame MUST fall with not only him but his fmily who did not have him committed sooner.
At least there will be no waste of money on a trial and extended wait till he went for his "flu" shots
dunt blame on our family.YOU DUNT KNOW OUR FAMILY TO JUDGE US.n no im not gunna sit here n try and write alll professional like u because i aint.juz cause you writye all fansy and spell correctly dont mean you any better then we are.you aint got no dawm right to say shit bout my family.you dont know the whole storry behind this so shut the hell up.n like i said about 5 times if you aint got nothing nice to say dont fucken say it.if for those who say my uncle should go to hell.you needa strap up cause you gonna meet him down their first classs.dont fucken judge people.im pretty shure you been thought that.
Bezerkrr

AOL

#27 Apr 28, 2008
That is the craziest thing I have ever heard in my life. There is no excuse for him taking her life. You feel sorry for him, he made the choice to die, that young lady had no choice. You are messed up in the head. May he rot in hell for his Mortal Sin. After reading your post, it seems the entire family has mental health issues.
Bezerkrr

AOL

#28 Apr 28, 2008
maria wrote:
<quoted text>
dunt blame on our family.YOU DUNT KNOW OUR FAMILY TO JUDGE US.n no im not gunna sit here n try and write alll professional like u because i aint.juz cause you writye all fansy and spell correctly dont mean you any better then we are.you aint got no dawm right to say shit bout my family.you dont know the whole storry behind this so shut the hell up.n like i said about 5 times if you aint got nothing nice to say dont fucken say it.if for those who say my uncle should go to hell.you needa strap up cause you gonna meet him down their first classs.dont fucken judge people.im pretty shure you been thought that.
Did you just make fun of someone for using proper English?
maria

Orlando, FL

#29 Apr 28, 2008
Bezerkrr wrote:
That is the craziest thing I have ever heard in my life. There is no excuse for him taking her life. You feel sorry for him, he made the choice to die, that young lady had no choice. You are messed up in the head. May he rot in hell for his Mortal Sin. After reading your post, it seems the entire family has mental health issues.
o shut the hell up.explain to me wat her reason was???..what choice didnt she have???..explain that to meeeee pleaseee!!!!!!..because my uncle was willing to support his child.he was a ma and he was willing to take responsibillity.he did it cuz of his child.we have mental issues??.no u do.u think we have mental issues for loven our family???..are u kidding me right now???..no matta wat he did we're gunna have to forgive him.ur not in the position we are in so you need to shut yah yap.dunt talk bout someones fmily that you dont know.ofcourse we feel bad for the girl.she didnt deserveto die nore did he or the baby.but stuff happens.i swear you guys are the one with issues.u guys made this into something soooo biggg.u blame us and we're ot the cause.n no matta wat anyone did.no one deserves to b tol that they should ot in hell.and in MY OPION since everyone wants to talk bout opinions.who ever says that is gunna rot in hell to.cause my family never said anything bout her rotten in hell.we wished the best for the ther family.but they didnt wanna take it.so wat eleis there to do??u guys act like my family isnt hurten.we are crushed juz like everyone else.so dunt judge people you dont know.
maria

Orlando, FL

#30 Apr 28, 2008
Bezerkrr wrote:
<quoted text>Did you just make fun of someone for using proper English?
yes i did.gotta problem??..if you do then tooo dawm bad.
Maly

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#31 Apr 28, 2008
dont ya'll feel special argueing with 16 and 17 year olds!!.....as far as Im concerned..I think we know alot more than other kids our age and at least we're willing to express our feelings and think out loud!..Yes we are young...But definitely not young minded...And yes I said it we're half your ages...Feel so intelligent now??
NaNa

Edgewater, FL

#32 Apr 28, 2008
damnn...can everyone just get along....we all just lost two people who are very dearly to all of us....no matter what the circumstances were....and all you guys can do is argue and bicker about whose fault it is...i know jermaine...he was like a uncle figure to me...nand i know YES...it was wrong for him to pull out a gun and pull the trigger...but he did it with anger...i guess he thought...if she could take the life of his kid why can't he take the life of hers..who knows whast he was thinking....but he sacrificed his life..and YES it was also wrong for the girl to have an abortion or whatever she had ..i know she had her reasons for doing what she did & she probably had a good head on her shoulders.....but shit...what can we do?...NOTHING but have grief in ourselves...all im saying is...just stop arguing...half of us dont even know one another..whats the use?...i'm just hoping everybody just pay soome respect for the people we lost....(please no one comment this because i don't want to deal with no ones nonsense...)
Bezerkrr

AOL

#33 Apr 28, 2008
Maly wrote:
dont ya'll feel special argueing with 16 and 17 year olds!!.....as far as Im concerned..I think we know alot more than other kids our age and at least we're willing to express our feelings and think out loud!..Yes we are young...But definitely not young minded...And yes I said it we're half your ages...Feel so intelligent now??
You speak very nicely, I can tell your not a relative.
Bezerkrr

AOL

#34 Apr 28, 2008
maria wrote:
<quoted text>
o shut the hell up.explain to me wat her reason was???..what choice didnt she have???..explain that to meeeee pleaseee!!!!!!..because my uncle was willing to support his child.he was a ma and he was willing to take responsibillity.he did it cuz of his child.we have mental issues??.no u do.u think we have mental issues for loven our family???..are u kidding me right now???..no matta wat he did we're gunna have to forgive him.ur not in the position we are in so you need to shut yah yap.dunt talk bout someones fmily that you dont know.ofcourse we feel bad for the girl.she didnt deserveto die nore did he or the baby.but stuff happens.i swear you guys are the one with issues.u guys made this into something soooo biggg.u blame us and we're ot the cause.n no matta wat anyone did.no one deserves to b tol that they should ot in hell.and in MY OPION since everyone wants to talk bout opinions.who ever says that is gunna rot in hell to.cause my family never said anything bout her rotten in hell.we wished the best for the ther family.but they didnt wanna take it.so wat eleis there to do??u guys act like my family isnt hurten.we are crushed juz like everyone else.so dunt judge people you dont know.
Get off the blog and go raise some money for a good cause or something. Buy a book and learn how to read and write.
Bezerkrr

AOL

#35 Apr 28, 2008
maria wrote:
<quoted text>
So sad.
Maly

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#36 Apr 28, 2008
Bezerkrr wrote:
<quoted text>Get off the blog and go raise some money for a good cause or something. Buy a book and learn how to read and write.
Thank you....But yes I am...
Maly

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#37 Apr 28, 2008
Bezerkrr wrote:
<quoted text>You speak very nicely, I can tell your not a relative.
Sorry wrong quote..

Thank you..But yes I am...So was that supposed to be a compliment or an insult?
Bezerkrr

AOL

#38 Apr 28, 2008
Maly wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry wrong quote..
Thank you..But yes I am...So was that supposed to be a compliment or an insult?
Definately a compliment.
maria

Orlando, FL

#39 Apr 28, 2008
Bezerkrr wrote:
<quoted text>Get off the blog and go raise some money for a good cause or something. Buy a book and learn how to read and write.
ahaha.thats was sooo funny..but no thank you i dont have to speak proper english to prove a point.n mayb i will raise money.for cold hearted bitches like yourself.and that was MY cousin you complimented.MY FAMILY...HIS FAMILY.so u need to check urself b4 someone else does.think b4 u speak.and dunt give me all this talk about sinn and stuff..cause the last tyme i checked having an abortion was a sinn..n im gunna continue to write like this because what you say dont have no kind of effect on me what so ever..u must feel stupid as hell tryna talk junk bout my family.then you turn around n compliment someone from our family.and you must be illiturate or something because if you read my cousins comments CAREFULLY it states that she is a part of the family.thank you very much.
C-los

Gardendale, AL

#40 Apr 29, 2008
My Sorrows goes out to the Burkley and Mcgoo family, as well as Jermaine's FAMILY. I knew Raven and her older brother. She was a bright, intelligent, sweet individual. Knowing this, I feel she had a feeling about her forecomings with this guy. She did what she had to do. The decision to bare a child lies within the woman. For whatever decision she made, she has to live with it---Her and her God. Jermaine got caught up with more than just losing a child. I feel he was infatuated with her, and would have tried to hurt her for reasons more than what the facts are based on. A woman that beautiful is hard to let go and some people get caught up in that physical attraction and can't cope with rejection. I do believe it had more to do with an abortion. He took that gun up there for a reason, it was premeditated. I hope to all who blog understand the realities of infatuations and realize if something seems to good to be true, it normally is! God Bless you all.
C-los

Gardendale, AL

#41 Apr 29, 2008
maria wrote:
<quoted text>
My Sorrows goes out to the Burkley and Mcgoo family, as well as Jermaine's FAMILY. I knew Raven and her older brother. She was a bright, intelligent, sweet individual. Knowing this, I feel she had a feeling about her forecomings with this guy. She did what she had to do. The decision to bare a child lies within the woman. For whatever decision she made, she has to live with it---Her and her God. Jermaine got caught up with more than just losing a child. I feel he was infatuated with her, and would have tried to hurt her for reasons more than what the facts are based on. A woman that beautiful is hard to let go and some people get caught up in that physical attraction and can't cope with rejection. I do believe it had more to do with an abortion. He took that gun up there for a reason, it was premeditated. I hope to all who blog understand the realities of infatuations and realize if something seems to good to be true, it normally is! God Bless you all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Downtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Patti Brantley Hospitalized After Foxhunting Fall Dec 17 Will Dockery 2
Cops: Midtown victim partied before fall (May '10) Dec 11 sisterly love 26
How a protester called out police brutality fro... Dec 1 Grob Hahn 1
Eyeworks of Atlanta Oct '14 jenjones 2
East Atlanta Residents Recognized as Influentia... Oct '14 Bob Rooney 1
Aisle 5 celebrates grand opening with DJ Vadim ... Oct '14 Dead Dale 1
Jason Carter Announces State Committee Sep '14 Robin Hood 3
Atlanta Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web