Central Ohio projects passed over for federal grants | The Columbus Dispatch

Central Ohio projects have been shut out of a federal grant program that officials say is aimed at innovative transportation ideas. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
awesome

Columbus, OH

#1 Oct 20, 2010
Another GREAT job by Gov. Stikeland and Mayor Aholeman
Sad

Columbus, OH

#2 Oct 20, 2010
Awesome, they had nothing to do with this...
Marvin Glep

Westerville, OH

#3 Oct 20, 2010
Another passel of boondoggles averted! Thank the heavens that we will not be now stuck with multiple tax increases to cover these costs when the "free money" dries up.
shep

Cincinnati, OH

#4 Oct 20, 2010
i wonder if you could directly track democratic leaning counties to transportation awards?

nah...never.

;)

Since: Sep 10

Columbus, OH

#5 Oct 20, 2010
At least they were smart enough not to get funding to build rail stations that nobody will use.

I'm actually surprised they didn't.
ProgressiveOhioa n

Columbus, OH

#6 Oct 20, 2010
Well, considering that most of the right-wingers on this site don't want any federal assistance, then this should be no problem for them. If we elect a Republican governor, then we should just say NO to any federal money helping our state.
Roddy M

Maineville, OH

#7 Oct 20, 2010
Why would they give Columbus money? Cleveland got money, Cincy got money for the street car among other projects. Too bad Cowtown.........

Columbus, OH

#8 Oct 20, 2010
Can you read ?

Cincy was denied the money for their boondoggle street cars ?
Roddy M wrote:
Why would they give Columbus money? Cleveland got money, Cincy got money for the street car among other projects. Too bad Cowtown.........
Do This

Westerville, OH

#9 Oct 20, 2010
ProgressiveOhioan wrote:
Well, considering that most of the right-wingers on this site don't want any federal assistance, then this should be no problem for them. If we elect a Republican governor, then we should just say NO to any federal money helping our state.
too many "right-wingers" on here huh? Do this Prog Boy: get some buses and round up some 18 y/o H.S.students and buy them ice cream and have them "man up" on the public-access computer banks around town and then you can run the Internet too. Your team failed ya. Turn the page/click the next stor and stay out of my wallet too. You prog folks blew it as greed usually does to all well intended peoples.
abc

Columbus, OH

#10 Oct 20, 2010
It's now official: Coleman is absolutely worthless.
milkshake

Logan, OH

#11 Oct 20, 2010
I work construction and was really hoping for that 70/71 split project to bring some work...dang it

Since: Jan 10

Cincinnati, OH

#12 Oct 20, 2010
So if the Federal Government gives money to Ohio - the Republican's complain and blame Strickland.

If the Federal Government doesn't give money to Ohio - the Democrats' complain and blame Kaisch.

It really doesn't matter who wins come November 2nd because it will be business as usual for Ohio - Lets Play the Blame Game.

Nobody in this state wants to 'FIX' anything, all everybody wants is someone to blame when NOTHING is FIXED.
jonwfh

Williamsburg, OH

#13 Oct 20, 2010
STOP THE 3C NOW wrote:
Can you read ?
Cincy was denied the money for their boondoggle street cars ?
<quoted text>
The article is misleading and Roddy is correct. Cincy got $25 million from the Feds to help fund its streetcar project in the earlier round announced in July. Construction is supposed to start in about a month.
Gunter Garbe

Columbus, OH

#14 Oct 20, 2010
Everything Columbus or the State of Ohio does is in favor of Big Oil.
Nothing is being done about Interstate Rail Transportion or pollution free
Innercity Wheelchair friendly Streetcars, like they are being used in Europe . These Projects would free up the roads, fight pollution and make it possible to travel without an Automobile

Columbus, OH

#15 Oct 20, 2010
I see that now. Good luck to Cincy, hope you have 4 times the original figure you are banking on.
jonwfh wrote:
<quoted text> The article is misleading and Roddy is correct. Cincy got $25 million from the Feds to help fund its streetcar project in the earlier round announced in July. Construction is supposed to start in about a month.

Columbus, OH

#16 Oct 20, 2010
Ride a bus.

In case you haven't noticed on the news, Europe is in chaos right now, as they are all broke and bankrupt after all these friendly things bankrupted them.

The rioters have to walk as the transit workers are on strike.
Gunter Garbe wrote:
Everything Columbus or the State of Ohio does is in favor of Big Oil.
Nothing is being done about Interstate Rail Transportion or pollution free
Innercity Wheelchair friendly Streetcars, like they are being used in Europe . These Projects would free up the roads, fight pollution and make it possible to travel without an Automobile
Loose Sphincter

Reynoldsburg, OH

#17 Oct 20, 2010
STOP THE 3C NOW wrote:
I see that now. Good luck to Cincy, hope you have 4 times the original figure you are banking on.
<quoted text>
Not to mention the fact that they are running the train along Vine St.(Over the Rhine).

I thought the point of the train was to get people who otherwise didn't want to ride with the kind of people that ride a bus!
Fed Up

Columbus, OH

#18 Oct 20, 2010
ProgressiveOhioan wrote:
Anyone regardless of where they live in this country should be looking at what is fiscally responsible spending of ALL taxpayers dollars. This so called free money isn't free pal. Get a clue here! Any money's from the coffers of hard workinng taxpayers monies has to have some ROI. Nobody is going to benefit from bridges to no where.
Jim

Columbus, OH

#19 Oct 20, 2010
Ohio Veteran wrote:
So if the Federal Government gives money to Ohio - the Republican's complain and blame Strickland.
If the Federal Government doesn't give money to Ohio - the Democrats' complain and blame Kaisch.
It really doesn't matter who wins come November 2nd because it will be business as usual for Ohio - Lets Play the Blame Game.
Nobody in this state wants to 'FIX' anything, all everybody wants is someone to blame when NOTHING is FIXED.
And if its fixed, they scream because it was and they'd use it anyway.
Guy Average

Reynoldsburg, OH

#20 Oct 20, 2010
They could have allocated some of the Stimulus money that went to nonexistent zip codes http://newmexico.watchdog.org/1031/federal-st...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Downtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Patti Brantley Hospitalized After Foxhunting Fall Dec 17 Will Dockery 2
Cops: Midtown victim partied before fall (May '10) Dec 11 sisterly love 26
How a protester called out police brutality fro... Dec 1 Grob Hahn 1
Eyeworks of Atlanta Oct '14 jenjones 2
East Atlanta Residents Recognized as Influentia... Oct '14 Bob Rooney 1
Aisle 5 celebrates grand opening with DJ Vadim ... Oct '14 Dead Dale 1
Jason Carter Announces State Committee Sep '14 Robin Hood 3
Atlanta Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web