Review: Downtown Atlanta, Ga. And the Sheraton Atlanta

Mar 23, 2010 Full story: Associated Content

I grew up in the Pocono Mountains region of Pennsylvania - a place where it isn't unusual to spot a deer grazing along the side of the road and a place where a thumb is never lifted to hail a taxi.

Full Story
CmoneyFat

Marietta, GA

#1 Mar 23, 2010
Funny how visitors vs locals may view the same city/same areas. I have always felt that Atlanta needs to do more work on the overall visitor experience and entertainment. The hotels, prices and transportation can be great as compared to other big cities. But we have major crime, homeless and local government issues that I believe create a monstrous stench that most local are fed up with. I work downtown right among these luxury hotel complexes and can say, it does have an in general good visitor feel to the area. But buyer beware! LOL!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#2 Mar 23, 2010
Funny she didn't see any homeless person living in his own filth. Thank God she or her handicapped boyfriend weren't mugged. Where is all that great night life she mentioned? Her review sounded as if she was comped a room and meals at the Shearton for her biased review.
Hershall

United States

#3 Mar 23, 2010
I live and work in atlanta.I wouldnt stay in a motel within 30 miles of atlanta if my life depended on it.THEY ARE DANGEROUS.

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#4 Mar 23, 2010
lighteredknot wrote:
Funny she didn't see any homeless person living in his own filth. Thank God she or her handicapped boyfriend weren't mugged. Where is all that great night life she mentioned? Her review sounded as if she was comped a room and meals at the Shearton for her biased review.
I thought the same thing, though I must admit, although that Sheraton is not in a good location, it is a great hotel.

“Up Front”

Since: Jul 08

Marietta, GA

#5 Mar 24, 2010
She wrote a story/review. She gets paid to lie like the rest of media. Anybody with the least bit of acknowledgment of Atlanta could tell this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Downtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 1 hr silverfox 56,803
Eyeworks of Atlanta 12 hr jrobinson 1
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) 15 hr tammy101 2,072
Jason Carter Announces State Committee Sep 21 Robin Hood 3
GA Who do you support for Attorney General in Geor... (Oct '10) Sep 5 faisha 186
Coheed and Cambria Announces "In Keeping Secret... Aug '14 then there is fla... 1
Factory Girls connects the fashion industry in ... Aug '14 young crusho 2

Downtown Jobs

Downtown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Downtown News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Downtown

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]