Travel: Atlanta beckons beyond its ho...

Travel: Atlanta beckons beyond its hotels

There are 2 comments on the Sacramento Bee Newspaper story from Dec 29, 2013, titled Travel: Atlanta beckons beyond its hotels. In it, Sacramento Bee Newspaper reports that:

Martin Luther King Jr. and Coretta Scott King along Auburn Avenue in Atlanta last year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sacramento Bee Newspaper.

Chas Chickenwing

Palau

#1 Dec 29, 2013
Huh? I was in Atlanta for a convention in 2000 and staying in the big Marriott (I think it was) on Peachtree St. I asked the concierge which bus should I take to see the Ebenezer Baptist Church where Dr. King preached. He advised me to take a taxi instead and have the driver wait for me while I visited the church because the neighborhood was very unsafe for visitors. I decided not to go. Incidentally, the concierge was black.
Zombie Corpse Rental

San Jose, CA

#4 Dec 30, 2013
Atlanta, downtown, in broad daylight is okay.

Just don't venture two blocks in the wrong direction.

The folk art museum is very good. Buckwheat - er, Buckhead - had a couple of nice bars and restaurants.

Otherwise, drive out to the country and stay safe. Way, way out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Downtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dustin adkins Feb 1 smoke true weed 1
free sex tonight! (Sep '13) Jan 15 zenda 7
Gays Jan 11 Elmer 1
News Two Types of Black Suburbanization Jan 7 Stanley 5
News There is not enough money in the world that wou... Dec '15 Grayson 2
News Poets, Artists, & Madmen Sep '15 Helmut 1
News Bernie Sanders comes to Atlanta Sep '15 discocrisco 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Downtown Mortgages