The Judge

Dallas, GA

#34181 Jan 13, 2014
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text> good post ! And does it really matter how much it helps the poor- it is just the fair and right thing to do.
How much is "fair"?
The Judge

Dallas, GA

#34182 Jan 13, 2014
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer my question to you. You KNOW the question I'm referring to. Waiting.....
Judging by what posts from chicknbutt I've read, you'll get no response to your question.
jeb stuart

Fitzgerald, GA

#34183 Jan 13, 2014
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>Some clue !!- the " Sons Of Liberty" were a patriotic organization at one time and did serve us well during the Revolutionary War", unfortunately, by the time of the civil war they had devolved into a bunch of thieving cutthroats bent on preserving slavery under the guise of "state rights", and including such infamous thugs as Jesse James and the Younger Bros. and going under their new moniker- the " Knights of the Golden Circle". And BTW, I think that they are the ones who looted the confederate gold !!
......but hey, that kinda sounds like the tea party, so I understand why you would like them !
new

Blairsville, GA

#34184 Jan 13, 2014
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Your last sentence makes you a democrat in the USA. Hope that helps.:)

I agree..........it's makes her a liberal anyway you wanna classify it. She'll fit right in with the "take care of me" crowd here on topix..........otherwise known as the "I want a nanny(gubmint) to care for me."

new

Blairsville, GA

#34185 Jan 13, 2014
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>Some clue !!- the " Sons Of Liberty" were a patriotic organization at one time and did serve us well during the Revolutionary War", unfortunately, by the time of the civil war they had devolved into a bunch of thieving cutthroats bent on preserving slavery under the guise of "state rights", and including such infamous thugs as Jesse James and the Younger Bros. and going under their new moniker- the " Knights of the Golden Circle". And BTW, I think that they are the ones who looted the confederate gold !!

Another dummy who dont know history very well..........

Google the sons of liberty dummy, and you'll see where the tea party got it's idea..........

Initially the Sons of Liberty were considered rabble-rousers but soon became vigilant citizens opposed to the oppression of England. Similar to the characterization of the tea party today, who see citizens being oppressed today by our very own gubmint, i.e. nsa spying, onerous taxes laid upon the people, a gubmint out of touch with the people, etc.etc

Sam Adams, while not a member, was the voice for it through his publications in the papers..........
John Adams, Sam’s cousin, resisted the organization for several years before becoming a participant, as did Franklin and others..........
John Adams got converted when England disposed of the legal system in the colony of America, guaranteed under the charter…………..Being a lawyer Adams saw how England would oppress American citizens further, therefore he started siding with the sons of liberty………………..

The groups of "sons of liberty" were formed sometime after 1765, and became the main source of resistance to the taxing methods of King George and England..........not only in Boston, but in other N.E. Sates as well..........

The groups were the ones who rebelled and brought about the union of the States under the constitution we live under today..........

The present day "Tea Party" is all over America with the same kinds of grievances........

Hence, this is why the crowd in Washington and the liberal media are so adamantly against the tea party..........
They are shaking in their boots and spilling forth the same vile as did King George and his cronies..........for the very same reasons.......fear of loss of their positions, loss of power over the people., and losing elective office..........

When the people get fed up, the leaders get scared..........when the people get fed up, there is change..........
And the sorry ones we have now is washington are running scared..........some even retiring, or not seeking re-election..........

As for the last part of your post, it sounds like you have the sons of liberty mixed up with the kkk group….no surprise there as your history is usually twisted by your bias……………….

new

Blairsville, GA

#34186 Jan 13, 2014
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
income inequality = buzzword

income inequality = buzzword = give me your money = I want nanny gubmint to take care of me = I miss my baby bottle..........and my diaper needs changing..........

new

Blairsville, GA

#34187 Jan 13, 2014
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text> good post ! And does it really matter how much it helps the poor- it is just the fair and right thing to do.

why you poor begging dummy..........donate your whole paycheck..........

new

Blairsville, GA

#34188 Jan 13, 2014
The Judge wrote:
<quoted text>
How much is "fair"?

fair to jeb is......you give your money, he gives none......he's a talker, not a doer.......

Also he has a secret love thang for obama..........nothing else explains his position.....

new

Blairsville, GA

#34189 Jan 13, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know until I looked at your response I didn't realize I had missed another bizarre statement by CB: "Yet they still offer no proof that lowering taxes on the 1% does anything for the rest of the country except make them poorer...."
Only a truly blinded ideologue can believe that lowering taxes on one group of people somehow makes another group poorer. Sad, so very very sad. That is the problem with so many on the Left, they think our economy is a zero-sum game.

"bizarre statements" by the big chicken might be an understatement, more correct would be "mindless statements by a perverted mind"..........which is not unusual with mind altering drugs..........which produce hallucinations in chickens..........

jeb stuart

Fitzgerald, GA

#34190 Jan 13, 2014
The Judge wrote:
<quoted text>
How much is "fair"?
Fair is giving so much that you no longer feel greed- fair enough?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#34191 Jan 13, 2014
new wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree..........it's makes her a liberal anyway you wanna classify it. She'll fit right in with the "take care of me" crowd here on topix..........otherwise known as the "I want a nanny(gubmint) to care for me."
Hey, y'all. There may be a misinterpretation/miscommunica tion going on here. Give Caz a chance to explain her own positions. She came on here as a relatively new resident looking for opinions on American politics from citizens. Let's play nice.

Location hidden

#34192 Jan 13, 2014
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice buzzword. Since there is a small kernel of truth to it, it's a good tool to use to confuse the gullible.
However, unfortunately for you, you can track the tax rate along with income inequality and unemployment rates on a nice neat little graph. There is a direct correlation. Lower taxes on the 1% equals the 1% doing better, everyone else doing worse.
If it wasn't for that awkward little thing called "truth", there might be some merit to your right-wing politics. Unfortunately, they just don't work.
Trickle-down indeed.
Kindly link the source of that "nice neat little graph." I would be very interested in seeing the data supporting it.

Location hidden

#34193 Jan 13, 2014
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
+1, VERY WELL stated.
Thank you, sir.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#34194 Jan 13, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, y'all. There may be a misinterpretation/miscommunica tion going on here. Give Caz a chance to explain her own positions. She came on here as a relatively new resident looking for opinions on American politics from citizens. Let's play nice.
I WAS playing nice. She might not have been aware of what I was referring to.
new

Blairsville, GA

#34196 Jan 14, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>

ok-.........but the known dummies get no relief from me..........

new

Blairsville, GA

#34198 Jan 14, 2014

China seems to have no fear of Obama--the weakest president ever.....well, maybe Carter has him beat..........

"China Set to Seize South China Sea Island by Force"

http://www.infowars.com/china-set-to-seize-so...

new

Blairsville, GA

#34199 Jan 14, 2014
political hit lists are nothing new....Chrisite aint the only one who has a list..........

"How Hillary's 'Hit List' Struck Fear in the Hearts of Democrats"

Obama keeps his list in his underwear so no one found it yet..........

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/...

ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#34200 Jan 14, 2014
new wrote:
<quoted text>
ok-.........but the known dummies get no relief from me..........
The only relief you're capable of giving anybody would be if your computer broke and you quit posting here.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#34201 Jan 14, 2014
Hi Aggie :) Great to see you. I never look in this thread, so didn't know you were here so often. But glad you are :)
Thanks for your explanation to me. I will look at both sides, with an open mind. Australia is Compulsory voting, so something I have done since 18.
Looking forward to voting here and Id like to make a wise choice, not based on emotion or what those around me tell me what to do. Hence my reason for poping into this thread.
However, I see the majority of people in here are no different to any other political board ive been too. Sad. Thought I might actually learn something.
MY comment about voting for whoever is going to look after me, must have been taken wrong lol. Im never likely to be apart of the 'give me' crowd. I certainly don't think America owes me anything and there's a lot I would give up before even toying with the idea of welfare.
Ive never been in a situation to need it and I sure as shit dont want it..
Im glad its there as a safety for those who need it, not live on it!
I meant whether Id vote for the party that's going to look after me, by ways of improving the economy, there for improving my life style. Also health care reform. I don't know enough about Obama care to have an opinion yet, but will look into it today. But wont come back in here to share my opinions on it.

Again, thanks aggie. I always find you easy to read and polite on this board. Hope I get to meet you one day. I will private mail you after the move and I settle in a bit. We start work a week after getting there, but have kinda flexible hours, so maybe can do a lunch some time.:)
new

Blairsville, GA

#34202 Jan 14, 2014
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
The only relief you're capable of giving anybody would be if your computer broke and you quit posting here.

here's your hero at work dummy..........

"New Iran agreement includes secret side deal, Tehran official says"

http://www.latimes.com/world/worldnow/la-fg-w...

And here's the Iranian viewpoint of what they got from the BIG Dummy..........

"Iran's Rouhani:'World Powers Surrendered to Iranian Nation's Will'"

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/irans-rou...

Tell us again of your love affair with Obama the dummy..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Downtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wells Fargo economist: Atlanta may add up to 10... Sat Doravillian 2
News High School Principal Shocks With Racist Outburst May 20 All colors are equal 14
Eyeworks of Atlanta (Sep '14) Apr 25 Katrina 3
Emory university Apr 24 Frommel Gunucker 1
Crime is bad in Cabbage town (Jan '08) Mar '15 Truth about the m... 4
free sex tonight! (Sep '13) Feb '15 Ggg 4
News Atlanta Fringe Festival to Celebrate 2015 Lineu... Feb '15 Francesco Sinibaldi 1
More from around the web

Downtown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]