Plenty of options nearby for New Year's Eve celebrations

Dec 29, 2012 Full story: Douglas County Sentinel

Torn between driving to downtown Atlanta to fight the crowd to watch a big peach drop or sitting at home and watching Ryan Seacrest try to carry on Dick Clark's legacy on New Year's Rocking Eve to ring in the 2013? There are other alternatives much closer to home.

Full Story

“Home In Georgia Now”

Since: Jul 07

The "City of Gold" in Georgia

#1 Dec 31, 2012
I think the "Nugget Drop" would be a hell of a lot better than the stupid "Possum Drop". Jeeze the folks in the South are already looked down on as stupid rednecks and then we have crap like the "Possum Drop" flung out there to further enhance that assumption.
White Collar

Hahira, GA

#2 Jan 19, 2013
Even though I do not agree John always with your beef with the city I do agree this sheds a stereotyped opinion of Tallapoosa as being a redneck town.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Downtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 3 hr Synergy 55,405
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Mon The WB 2,055
GA Who do you support for Attorney General in Geor... (Oct '10) Sep 5 faisha 186
Coheed and Cambria Announces "In Keeping Secret... Aug 20 then there is fla... 1
Factory Girls connects the fashion industry in ... Aug '14 young crusho 2
Should We Be Concerned About American Ebola Pat... Aug '14 What If 7
Federal carbon rule hearing in Atlanta attracts... Aug '14 Zebo 2
•••
•••
•••

Downtown Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Downtown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE