Tapestry Health closes 2 offices

Tapestry Health closes 2 offices

There are 23 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Apr 3, 2009, titled Tapestry Health closes 2 offices. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

The state-funded family planning agency, Tapestry Health Systems, has closed its North Adams and Great Barrington offices and is directing clients to its Pittsfield location.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Prove me wrong

Albany, NY

#1 Apr 3, 2009
Taxpayer funded healthcare at work. Enjoy kiddies.
party puper

Williamstown, MA

#2 Apr 3, 2009
i bet carver isnt glad to see them go. nce the social service orgs leave this town, thats it! nothin left
Chip

United States

#3 Apr 3, 2009
That's really too bad. I would be willing to be that alot of their clients have less access to transportation. It won't be so easy for a teenager from GB to get to Pittsfield for services he or she may need.

How unfortunate.
Beth

Holyoke, MA

#5 Apr 3, 2009
free clinic wrote:
<quoted text>
heres a thought...keep her legs closed till she can afford to open them.
sometimes we just need a little more common sense
Here's another thought....Ever think of rape or abuse?!
Geeze Louise

North Adams, MA

#6 Apr 3, 2009
free clinic wrote:
<quoted text>
Some answer. I agree to a point that the kids need to be more responsible but many of those kids probably have families that grab their 30 pack on the way home and couldn't care less about spending time with their kids.
Lauren

Holyoke, MA

#7 Apr 3, 2009
free clinic wrote:
<quoted text>
So, basically, you think that the only people who are allowed to have medical problems are people with money? In the current economy there are a lot of people who have recently lost jobs and insurance and now can't afford to see their regular doctor. Should these people "shut their legs" because they have fallen on hard times? Not everyone who visits Tapestry is sexually active either, sometimes they are just people who need afforable medical attention.

That comment was the most disrespectful and crude post I have seen in a long time.

“CARPE DIEM”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#8 Apr 3, 2009
this is bad news. Now lets watch as the teenage pregnacy rate increases!
michael connell

Clifton Park, NY

#9 Apr 3, 2009
CURLY1 wrote:
nice just sit back and watch.... great i love how you care about our country....i bet you will think it is funny when grocery stores close to....
your comment would be like this now let sit back watch the hungry people starve right...

“CARPE DIEM”

Location hidden

#10 Apr 3, 2009
michael connell wrote:
<quoted text>
nice just sit back and watch.... great i love how you care about our country....i bet you will think it is funny when grocery stores close to....
your comment would be like this now let sit back watch the hungry people starve right...
You are a complete moron!
The result of the offices closimg will be an increase in teen pregnacy. I never said that makes me happy, just the opposite. It horrifies me.
anon

Rensselaer, NY

#11 Apr 3, 2009
Prove me wrong wrote:
Taxpayer funded healthcare at work. Enjoy kiddies.
Yes, the free market will take of it. Oh wait. Nobody is lining up to pay for human services. Maybe they can go to the churches? Oh that's right, they're closing and the biggest thinks that condoms are murder.

Consider yourself proved wrong.
Prove me wrong

Schenectady, NY

#12 Apr 3, 2009
Healthcare is not a right. You earn it. It is a commodity you purchase...unless you are a professional welfare receipient. Then, everything is free.
anon

Rensselaer, NY

#13 Apr 3, 2009
Prove me wrong wrote:
Healthcare is not a right. You earn it. It is a commodity you purchase...unless you are a professional welfare receipient. Then, everything is free.
Yes!!! Only those who can pay should be able to see a doctor. If you work hard but only make enough to pay your rent and groceries, your sick child deserved to die because you were an unworthy parent.

That is positively Darwinian!

Survival of the fittest!!!

You are so smart you should run for office. Seriously. Tell all those money grubbing seniors seniors to kick the medicare habit.
pfister

Williamstown, MA

#14 Apr 3, 2009
if it wernt so easy to take care of the STD's maybe there would be less occurrance.

bet you never thought of it that way you nontaxpaying welfare slob.
so obvious

Williamstown, MA

#15 Apr 3, 2009
tapestry couldnt even convince these teenage preganant women to stop smoking. what was there real stated purposes? all they are is just enablers and coddlers. too afraid to criticize and tell kids that it was wrong what theyt did, instead they made them feel like it was ok to raise kids in these deplorable conditions.

heart was in the right place but went about it wrong. just like welfare and education and many other things where the gov and liberals took over.
Thank you

Berlin, MA

#16 Apr 3, 2009
Thank you to all the people who work at Tapestry to help improve people's lives and to help guide some of our young people in the right direction. It's difficult working in a job where you can't always see the difference you make in people's lives right away. But many of us know the difference you make. Thank you. I hope our community will be able to support your work under these difficult circumstances.
duhhh

Williamstown, MA

#18 Apr 4, 2009
i thoughthealth care was mandatory? then why will we need these types of places "for those without healthcare" isnt that a thing of the past?
anon

Rensselaer, NY

#19 Apr 4, 2009
duhhh wrote:
i thoughthealth care was mandatory? then why will we need these types of places "for those without healthcare" isnt that a thing of the past?
hahahaha. Health Insurance is not health care.

The great lie of Romney Care is that people can afford it.

Unless society is willing the spread the cost of healthcare across all segments, just like they do with defense spending and K-12 education, then there will always be those who cannot access the system due to cost.

“CARPE DIEM”

Location hidden

#20 Apr 4, 2009
Prove me wrong wrote:
you are a moron!
quality health care is a RIGHT that everyone person deserves regardless of their financial status!
The Public Offender

Springfield, MA

#21 Apr 4, 2009
CURLY1 wrote:
If dress codes were in place in middle and high schools the problem of teen pregnacy would go down.If parents or in most cases brainless "parent" singular cared enough to properly supervise their kid we wouldn't have as many teens getting pregnant. Let a teen run unsupervised and you get what you ask for.
Get It Right

North Hatfield, MA

#22 Apr 5, 2009
CURLY1 wrote:
<quoted text>
you are a moron!
quality health care is a RIGHT that everyone person deserves regardless of their financial status!
WRONG! You are talking about universal health care that countries such as Canada have. With a system like theirs, then everyone gets quality health care. In this country, The quality health care does and should belong to the hard working citizens that slave day in and day out and pay out their nose for it. As a taxpayer, I'm sick and tired of busting my butt and paying till it hurts so that all my taxpayer dollars can go and support these worthless lazy welfare spongers, immigrants, drunks, and teenage mothers who have kids by 4 different fathers. All the while, those of us who WORK for a living are paying tens of thousands of dollars a year for our medical insurance and that is before you factor in the outrageous co-pays, doctor office co-pays, and money spent for prescription drugs!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Athol Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Trayvon Martin - Royalston, MA (Apr '12) Apr '15 Anonymous 2
News Montachusett Public Health Network offers Narca... (Aug '14) Mar '15 The Inquirer 4
News Literacy fund gives kids head start Mar '15 nutcasefirsteve 2
News Fitchburg home values suffer big decline over l... Feb '15 Tammy 17
News Orange stores hold blackout protest of electric... Jan '15 anne r 2
News Fitchburg police: Gang member shot at man who d... (Jul '08) Nov '14 KingLight360 86
News Whipps-Lee defeats Andrews in 2nd Franklin Dist... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Norma Miarecki 1
More from around the web

Athol People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Athol Mortgages