California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 Full story: Chain Store Age 5,117

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Full Story
Karpet

Monrovia, CA

#4166 Feb 2, 2013
Is it true they still us baggie vacum cleaners in the UK?

Thats why those out of towners (suckers) keep posting here.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#4167 Feb 2, 2013
They should ban busybody officials and let stores run the way customers want. Down with big government; telling me I have to pay for bags.
Catocombs

Monrovia, CA

#4168 Feb 2, 2013
Maybe you should go outside and cough up that hairball you've been carrying around lately.
Rebel1

Middletown, OH

#4170 Feb 2, 2013
It's Bushes fault.
DJST

Monrovia, CA

#4171 Feb 2, 2013
Rush

Columbus, NE

#4172 Feb 2, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
FOOL! SO YOU WILLINGLY INSULT A GOOD FIRM BELIEVER WHO CAN HELP YOU?
Very wllingly. You dont believe in the good of things. You are only a believer of evil things. And a liar and a fraud.
Are we

Monrovia, CA

#4173 Feb 2, 2013
Are we talking about out of towners posters or what?

They have destroyed the iconic Buddhas of Bamiyan, smashed down the fabled “end of the world” gate in the ancient city of Timbuktu and even called for the destruction of Egypt’s ancient pyramids and the Sphinx.

Extreme Islamist movements across the world have developed a reputation for the destruction of historic artifacts, monuments and buildings.
Lance

Los Angeles, CA

#4175 Feb 2, 2013
I'm interested, Frankie. Big time!
Ends of Earth

Monrovia, CA

#4176 Feb 2, 2013
Extreme Islamist movements across the world have developed a reputation for the destruction of historic artifacts, monuments and buildings.

Mecca is next on their list.
Bill

Torrance, CA

#4177 Feb 3, 2013
Heimlich GiggleFukker wrote:
This is plain ignorance. The plastic bags ARE biodegradable! All the law does is to tell the retailers to charge a SEPARATE fee for bags; as if the costs aren't already factored into the items customers purchase. JUST A BUNCH OF JUVENILE LAWMAKERS TRYING TO GRAB HEADLINES FOR THEMSELVES!!!
Yeah the are biodegradable, and what is their halflfe? Like 20 years.
Carlos Masonic13

Sonoma, CA

#4178 Feb 3, 2013
I think naked shoppers, nuders, should be charged for the bags and old people should get the bags at 50% and children could get the bags and sell them to pay for college or dental work for std's, while folks who are armed must bring their own bag filled with CRV returns or park their weapons but not their bullets or swords or q-tips. People who stink could be charged extra too, but that makes it hard on the baggers to figure out what stinks constitute a chargeable stench or reek while other stinks are found as mere wafting odors or scents. There should be a panel of concerned citizens posted at the doors who will determine who passes in with, without, or as a bag, and of what stripe. This can become a new national industry that could well compete with war as our main money maker. That is all.
The Ref

Monrovia, CA

#4179 Feb 3, 2013

Mecca is next on their list since hey can't handle the truth.
Bore On

Monrovia, CA

#4181 Feb 3, 2013
Was the last poster a:

1.) Out of towner?

2.) A bore on?
mammy yoknuf00

Sonoma, CA

#4182 Feb 3, 2013
Carlos Masonic13 wrote:
I think naked shoppers, nuders, should be charged for the bags and old people should get the bags at 50% and children could get the bags and sell them to pay for college or dental work for std's, while folks who are armed must bring their own bag filled with CRV returns or park their weapons but not their bullets or swords or q-tips. People who stink could be charged extra too, but that makes it hard on the baggers to figure out what stinks constitute a chargeable stench or reek while other stinks are found as mere wafting odors or scents. There should be a panel of concerned citizens posted at the doors who will determine who passes in with, without, or as a bag, and of what stripe. This can become a new national industry that could well compete with war as our main money maker. That is all.
Hep me God, help me...But I think I get it. Lordy me..........
Fonzzie

Monrovia, CA

#4183 Feb 3, 2013
Stopped to read this one, what a waste of 5 seconds.
Fleura Fleuratta

Sonoma, CA

#4184 Feb 4, 2013
mammy yoknuf00 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hep me God, help me...But I think I get it. Lordy me..........
WELL< shut the door and slap me silly but I get it, too. They is some kinda meaning in this here but I dont know how I figured it out, but...oh, know.
Folded

Monrovia, CA

#4187 Feb 4, 2013
Whats the plan this time?
BackSlappers

Monrovia, CA

#4189 Feb 4, 2013
Has this has become another Republican dumping ground
Reasons why

Monrovia, CA

#4192 Feb 4, 2013
Are the islamic men so perverted that they have to put a veil on FEMALE CHILDREN So they don't rape them?

To protect baby girls from being sexually exploited, the Saudi cleric, Sheikh Abdullah Daoud, has called parents to make their female children wear the Islamic headscarf.
Rush

Columbus, NE

#4194 Feb 4, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Its called a burkha, child, we all know this!
Praise to the child from San Dimas, CA, who thinks he is somehow learning!
Silence baby boy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atherton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Daly City Officer Charged With Excessive Force (Aug '06) 13 hr The good China man 373
Ben smith Sat old friend 1
10000 acres real estate land for sale (May '09) Nov 21 Wally West 2
Ring flushed by kid returned to California family Nov 20 wichita-rick 5
Balance Nov 19 gest 8
Review: Alas Cargo (Feb '10) Nov 16 Tom 42
Protesters visit Meg Whitman's home (Apr '12) Feb '14 trudy golding 5

Atherton News Video

Atherton Dating
Find my Match

Atherton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Atherton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Atherton

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:11 pm PST

Bleacher Report 7:11PM
Grading San Francisco's Positional Units vs. WAS
Bleacher Report 8:24 PM
Grades for Redskins vs. 49ers
NBC Sports 8:35 PM
Will San Francisco make a run in NFC West?
Bleacher Report 8:48 PM
Will Offensive Woes Cost 49ers a Playoff Spot?
Bleacher Report10:14 PM
49ers Can't Afford Poor Offensive Play Versus Seahawks in Week 13