Student to 911: Teacher rattled table

There are 20 comments on the WISH-TV Indianapolis story from Mar 2, 2011, titled Student to 911: Teacher rattled table. In it, WISH-TV Indianapolis reports that:

A California school teacher was placed on paid administrative leave after he rattled a table to get the attention of his math students, startling an eighth-grade girl who used her cell phone to call police.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WISH-TV Indianapolis.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#1 Mar 2, 2011
Wow.

Good argument for no cell phones in class.
Dunnmovin

Orlando, FL

#2 Mar 2, 2011
Poor kid. Teacher wakes her up so she calls the police. The kid should be suspended.
Giulian Ass-and-gee

Mount Morris, MI

#3 Mar 2, 2011
Teacher: What do you call somebody who keeps on talking about something no one interested in?
Pupil: Teacher.

Since: Aug 09

Silver Spring, MD

#4 Mar 2, 2011
Dispatcher?

“Dum Di Dum”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#5 Mar 3, 2011
"He says other students in the class weren't bothered by the teacher's actions."....Indeed, they were sleeping...
Rusty

Austin, TX

#6 Mar 3, 2011
Poor little snowflake!!! I had teachers who would drop books, bang on the tables or throw nerf type footballs.
scotbear

United States

#7 Mar 3, 2011
Ladies and gentlemen: Please meet your new Lindsay Lohan!:-P
oldhippi

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Mar 3, 2011
OK now i had herd it all !(well not really) this is rediculas when i was in school at least one teacher that i can remember (there were many others)who would drop books next to you,or yell your name loud enough (that any Drill Sargent would be proud of ) if you were day dreaming in class and not paying attention i would be willing to bet what they are not telling you that the kid was texting one of her friend's when the teacher did this ! they should not allow cell phones to be used in school ! back in my day we didn't have cell's and we survived the hole day (wow imagine that) this teacher should get a raise for at least trying to teach these kids something, good for the teacher !

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#10 Mar 3, 2011
JustRightNow wrote:
"He says other students in the class weren't bothered by the teacher's actions."....Indeed, they were sleeping...
or being students in a class and getting an education ,
naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#11 Mar 3, 2011
Rusty wrote:
Poor little snowflake!!! I had teachers who would drop books, bang on the tables or throw nerf type footballs.
huuuuuuuum special-ed

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#12 Mar 3, 2011
oldhippi wrote:
OK now i had herd it all !(well not really) this is rediculas when i was in school at least one teacher that i can remember (there were many others)who would drop books next to you,or yell your name loud enough (that any Drill Sargent would be proud of ) if you were day dreaming in class and not paying attention i would be willing to bet what they are not telling you that the kid was texting one of her friend's when the teacher did this ! they should not allow cell phones to be used in school ! back in my day we didn't have cell's and we survived the hole day (wow imagine that) this teacher should get a raise for at least trying to teach these kids something, good for the teacher !
hate to read this if you didn't go to school

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#13 Mar 3, 2011
oldhippi wrote:
OK now i had herd it all !(well not really) this is rediculas when i was in school at least one teacher that i can remember (there were many others)who would drop books next to you,or yell your name loud enough (that any Drill Sargent would be proud of ) if you were day dreaming in class and not paying attention i would be willing to bet what they are not telling you that the kid was texting one of her friend's when the teacher did this ! they should not allow cell phones to be used in school ! back in my day we didn't have cell's and we survived the hole day (wow imagine that) this teacher should get a raise for at least trying to teach these kids something, good for the teacher !
By the looks of your text, you could have used a few more years there. Reely.
oldhippi

Brooklyn, NY

#14 Mar 3, 2011
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
By the looks of your text, you could have used a few more years there. Reely.
By the looks of your spelling you should have hung around a little longer too ! really ( not "reely" )
oldhippi

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Mar 3, 2011
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
hate to read this if you didn't go to school
Sorry i didn't know there was gonna be a test i was sleeping lol

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#16 Mar 3, 2011
oldhippi wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry i didn't know there was gonna be a test i was sleeping lol
yes you did , called the test of life , some people are in the gray with their fake grammar/spelling , while other are in the green of the main stream reely was being facetious as your attempts are
oldhippi

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Mar 3, 2011
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
yes you did , called the test of life , some people are in the gray with their fake grammar/spelling , while other are in the green of the main stream reely was being facetious as your attempts are
Ok Mr. perfect whatever you say (not)

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#18 Mar 3, 2011
oldhippi wrote:
<quoted text> By the looks of your spelling you should have hung around a little longer too ! really ( not "reely" )
That was sarcasm.(SAR - CAZ - UM)

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#19 Mar 3, 2011
oldhippi wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok Mr. perfect whatever you say (not)
seem to post ok now don't you ,
oldhippi

Brooklyn, NY

#20 Mar 3, 2011
Wow can't get anything past you guys ! but i have better things to do than sit here and read how you can prove your ignorance with every word you write and your attempts to seem inteligent but i have better things to do tallyho and all that !

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#21 Mar 3, 2011
oldhippi wrote:
Wow can't get anything past you guys ! but i have better things to do than sit here and read how you can prove your ignorance with every word you write and your attempts to seem inteligent but i have better things to do tallyho and all that !
your words and advisement, "By the looks of your spelling you should have hung around a little longer too ! really ( not "reely" )

try intelligent this way ....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atherton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
STOP THE INSANITY! LEGALIZE Cockfighting in AG... 6 hr RiccardoFire 8
News Surenos gang member gets new trial date (Aug '08) 12 hr keleni 283
You can win an awesome new GenZe Electric Scoot... (Sep '14) May 1 dfd 2
My Teen Verbally Abuses Me (Feb '09) Apr 27 Prosperity1 116
News Council approves tentative minimum-wage plan Apr 26 Hmm 2
Catalytic Converter Theft. Toyota Truck/SUV own... (May '07) Apr 26 Jinlonh 953
yellow cab 650---254----1230 24hr open (Jan '09) Apr 19 jie 22
More from around the web

Atherton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]