josh powell killed
seemore

United States

#1 Jul 25, 2010
anybody herd about josh powell going to be whith the lord. 7/27/10 shot in the head
Dale

Athens, TN

#2 Jul 26, 2010
how old was he?
IronDawg

Knoxville, TN

#3 Jul 26, 2010
considering that it's only 7/26/10 today, that's kind of... strange
George

Vonore, TN

#4 Jul 26, 2010
He was not shot in the head. He was shot right below the sternum. It happened Saturday night (7/24). He was 21.

“Buck Shot”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#5 Jul 26, 2010
Dear God! This is my husband's great-nephew. We had no idea. Do any of you have any more information?
oh my

Jackson, OH

#6 Jul 27, 2010
The one that shot him, is this the same fella who is running for office?
convince me

Chattanooga, TN

#7 Jul 27, 2010
oh my wrote:
The one that shot him, is this the same fella who is running for office?
No that was a different one
Nature Girl

United States

#9 Jul 27, 2010
Anymore details.... like why? who? Which news station is carrying the story?
George

Vonore, TN

#10 Jul 27, 2010
Channel 9 is carrying the story. Apparantly over a female from what I have heard.
Nature Girl

United States

#11 Jul 27, 2010
George wrote:
Channel 9 is carrying the story. Apparantly over a female from what I have heard.
Thank you.
A Family Member of Josh

Spartanburg, SC

#13 Jul 27, 2010
Nature Girl wrote:
Anymore details.... like why? who? Which news station is carrying the story?
He was shot above the navel by a man over a girl. He had no weapons in his possesion. He was murdered by a coward! And now that killer is out on bail and walking around free right now.
Nature Girl

United States

#14 Jul 27, 2010
A Family Member of Josh wrote:
<quoted text>
He was shot above the navel by a man over a girl. He had no weapons in his possesion. He was murdered by a coward! And now that killer is out on bail and walking around free right now.
I do believe I was his SRO. Regardless.....

Certainly you would change everything if you could just to have him back, I know. Words are never adequate during times of grief and tragedy but I hope you can find comfort in knowing that Josh is resting in the arms of the Lord Jesus Christ and the angels are rejoicing his presence even as you mourn your loss. I am so sorry for your pain. I cannot begin to imagine losing one of my children. I will keep your family in my prayers.
what_the

Athens, TN

#15 Jul 27, 2010
How did this guy get out on bond? Should a person charged with murder have a bond?
Nature Girl

United States

#16 Jul 27, 2010
what_the wrote:
How did this guy get out on bond? Should a person charged with murder have a bond?
Everyone arrested on a warrant is entitled to bond, unless they are a flight risk and such. A capias has no bond. The bond is rather low for a murder though, don't you think?
what_the

Athens, TN

#17 Jul 27, 2010
I would just assume that someone being arrested on a murder charge might be a flight risk.. however yes I agree w/ you the bond was far too low...
Nature Girl

United States

#18 Jul 28, 2010
what_the wrote:
I would just assume that someone being arrested on a murder charge might be a flight risk.. however yes I agree w/ you the bond was far too low...
I know I'd be headed out but I don't intend to get myself in a situation as such.

The judge looks at things like other residences, means, criminal history and such. Still, low bond for a murder. The news said he was charged with 2nd degree but..... low, low, low. I suppose if it was my son charged with such a crime, I wouldn't be disenchanted. But, it wasn't.
CenPaMom

Lebanon, PA

#19 Jul 29, 2010
Josh was my second cousin (his grandparents are my aunt and uncle). His funeral is tomorrow (Friday) 7/30. Viewing was this evening.

Still no word or updates on the actual case itself or when Carter will be headed for a preliminary hearing. Not sure how it works in Tennessee, but where I live in PA they will do the prelim and then it will go to trial. Or, defendant (in this case Carter) could waive the hearing and go right to trial..or since he already admitted guilt in the 911 call, the permanent road to prison for life may be shorter. I just feel for what this is doing to my aunt and uncle and my cousins and relatives. Praying for them because this is just the beginning of a long and winding (and painful) road through the criminal justice system.
George

Vonore, TN

#20 Jul 29, 2010
The bond was set at $100,000, but it was lowered to $25,000 for some reason.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Athens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Decatur Open your eyes! Stop being blind and co... 13 hr Concerned 3
Doyal Bower 22 hr anonymous 2
bullies of meigs Fri SHAME ON YOU 3
Brandi Myers .... What's up with her besides be... Apr 27 Just wondering 1
chad bogle harrassment (Nov '11) Apr 26 Life is too short... 14
"When she aint going home I can get whatever yo... Apr 26 Sorry 11
Stealing From Meigs Ministries (May '11) Apr 26 Be happy 19
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Athens Mortgages