What The Pope Recently Said About Chr...

What The Pope Recently Said About Christmas

Posted in the Athens Forum

Mr Magoo

Knoxville, TN

#1 Nov 30, 2012
For you free thinkers out there - funny how things come full circle, given enough time.

The Pope, in his new book, recently said this about Christmas:

A) Jesus was NOT born on Dec 25th...in fact they don't actually know when he was born, or what season or even what 'year'.

B) There wasn't any angels, music, animals, wise men, down town parades, pomp OR circumstance at the place his birth.(Damn, there goes all those Christmas carol's we are all forced to listen to for weeks every year absolutely blaring in the face of other beliefs)

C) The entire Christmas theme/idea was actually taken from a Pagan winter solstice ceremony (the tree adorned in light and baubles, etc).(wow, yeah the pope finally admitted that). Ouch. Those evil Pagans ;)

I think if I was Catholic, I would be asking for a refund.

And finally, the next time some fat-ass 'good christian' woman tries to run me over with her cart at Wal-Mart while she flippedly yaks on her IPhone and pushes everyone out of the way, I reckon I will simply remind her..."Peace on Earth...Good Will Towards Men)

Merry Christmas.

**Citation**
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/the-...
moto

Pasadena, CA

#2 Dec 4, 2012
to quote kinky freidman
"we Jews believe it was Santa Claus that killed your Jesus Christ"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Athens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Niota Hess (Sep '15) Mon Mo fan 4
New to Sweetwater -?- Church, New [email protected] ... Aug 18 Dad 3
Tyler Womack, drug dealer or not? (Jul '14) Aug 16 Jim Morrison 15
"When she aint going home I can get whatever yo... Aug 16 Wow 15
Sweetwater Police? Aug 13 Earl 1
Sweetwater City Street Dept. Aug 12 Roadman 3
Scotty Monday Aug 11 interested 1

Athens Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance