Athens redevelopment ??

Posted in the Athens Forum

silman

Haverstraw, NY

#1 Oct 22, 2009
I think I like Athens, it's small, no crime, safe and on the river. realestate is cheap and achtecturallyn great buildings. I am thinking of buying a cool fixerupper as a neat "getaway" or project . Anyone have any local advice? I noticed the old Athens opera house is in front of county devel. agency to build a MICRO brew house in the old opera house.Is this a good feasable use in a small town like athens? I assume it will be a brew pub and brewery. So is athens a good place to buy, live part time and enjoy the river proximity ? Or is it a depressed white trash go nowhere town? I have to wonder before i invest . Please advise I kinda love what I see ?read about Athens. sil

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Athens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DOB-HPD Employees And Brooklyn Property Manager... Feb 14 Robert Burns 1
'The Carbonaro Effect': Long Island magician Mi... (May '14) Jan 30 Sad viewer 2
Sheriff: Man arrested for armed robbery at gas ... (Nov '13) Jan '15 Brittany 2
Mountain lions in upstate NY (Jan '12) Jan '15 zzz 12
Store owner charged in sale of fake Gibson guit... (Sep '07) Jan '15 De Oppresso Liber 46
how to ma ke mon ey online (Sep '13) Sep '13 Lenny Koba 1
Athens man arrested for forcible touching (Jun '11) Jan '12 LTNs INTO TRADE 5
Athens Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Athens People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:20 pm PST