Autism Special Section - Frequently A...

Autism Special Section - Frequently Asked Questions

There are 3 comments on the WXIA Atlanta story from Aug 17, 2007, titled Autism Special Section - Frequently Asked Questions. In it, WXIA Atlanta reports that:

Shayla from Marietta asks: My autistic son is six years and would like to know if you have a list of schools in Georgia for autistic children.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA Atlanta.

K Bell

Boynton Beach, FL

#1 Sep 10, 2007
Where and how would I get an advocate for my 8year old autistic son? He is in the third grade and is having great difficulty adjusting this school year. I am getting the impression from his teacher, that she has lost her patience with him and does not understand how to communicate effectively with him. Please give me some advice.
D - PTC

Lawrenceville, GA

#2 Sep 12, 2007
K, it's all about the teachers... we are in the Fayette County school system, and I have to say, we are the luckiest people in the world. My son has Asperger's, which is on the autism spectrum and Fayette County actually has an autism expert on staff..... They are wonderful and work hand-in-hand with the teachers and parents to create a successful program. We started working with my son at 4 years old and we were in 3rd grade before we had the 'bag of tricks' in place. So keep your head up, the help is out there. I would start by going to your vice principle and requesting an IEP meeting.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#3 May 14, 2012
hm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Athens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SOUTHEAST AMBULANCE, Inc. Is a dishonest company! Wed Clifford E Tranz 1
News Deal in works for purchase of 19th-century Watk... May 2 NAncy Smith 1
unfair non unified government of athens clarke ... Apr 27 wjabbe 3
Debate: Marijuana - Athens, GA (Aug '10) Apr '16 jj 57
Gary Johnson Apr '16 Defektor 1
Relocating to Athens Mar '16 Oh Chyt 2
32 Henry Ford Hot Rod in Sierra Madre Mar '16 wjabbe 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Athens Mortgages