Some question purpose of dramatizing lynching

Jul 24, 2009 | Posted by: Maria Antonia | Full story: onlineathens.com

Hundreds of onlookers will gather in Walton County today to watch dozens of amateur actors recreate one of the most harrowing unsolved race crimes in North Georgia history.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Street crimes

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2009

When will they schedule the re-enactment of the Rodney King riots and those attacks and murders by black mobs?
happypioneer

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2009

Judged:

Street crimes wrote:
When will they schedule the re-enactment of the Rodney King riots and those attacks and murders by black mobs?
Most of us have been victims of unfar discrimination. How do you think God feels about prejudice? The Bible is clear--Acts 10:34,35:"At this peter opened his mouth and said:'For a certainty I perceive that God is not partial, but in every nation the man that fears him and works righteousness is acceptable to him" The Bible can help us to cope when we are victims of discrimination. It also helps us to root out any preudices that we may have. Do you think mankind can rid the earth of hatred without God's help?
John Doe

Stockbridge, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2009

Judged:

happypioneer wrote:
<quoted text>Most of us have been victims of unfar discrimination. How do you think God feels about prejudice? The Bible is clear--Acts 10:34,35:"At this peter opened his mouth and said:'For a certainty I perceive that God is not partial, but in every nation the man that fears him and works righteousness is acceptable to him" The Bible can help us to cope when we are victims of discrimination. It also helps us to root out any preudices that we may have. Do you think mankind can rid the earth of hatred without God's help?
You are right, even today people are discriminated against. Look at Sgt. Crowley from the Cambridge Police Department. He was discriminated against by both a Harvard professor and a president
happypioneer

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2009

John Doe wrote:
<quoted text> You are right, even today people are discriminated against. Look at Sgt. Crowley from the Cambridge Police Department. He was discriminated against by both a Harvard professor and a president
What do you think the answer to hatred is?
Maria Antonia Unplugged

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2009

happypioneer wrote:
<quoted text>...I perceive that God is not partial, but in every nation the man that fears him and works righteousness is acceptable to him... Do you think mankind can rid the earth of hatred without God's help?
Unfortunately Christian denominations can not even recognized one another with God's help let alone deal with other types of prejudices.
John Doe

Stockbridge, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2009

happypioneer wrote:
<quoted text>What do you think the answer to hatred is?
I did not say I had an answer, I was agreeing with you that most people in this country regardless of their background has been discriminated against by someone.
happypioneer

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2009

John Doe wrote:
<quoted text> I did not say I had an answer, I was agreeing with you that most people in this country regardless of their background has been discriminated against by someone.
My belief is that government by God is the only real solution to problems (including all the hatred) of mankind. Ecc.8:9 says:"Man has dominated man to his injury." and Gen. 8:21 states:"The inclination of the heart of man is bad from his youth up." So really without the Creator's help mankind is not capable of ridding the earth of discrimination. God purposes that all vestiges of hatred will soon be removed from the earth. This will take place under the rule of the heavenly government for which Jesus taught us to pray:“Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified. Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth.”(Matthew 6:9, 10).
When that prayer is fully answered, conditions that foster hatred will exist no more. Situations that exploit it will have been eliminated. Propaganda, ignorance, and prejudice will have been replaced by enlightenment, truth, and righteousness. Then, indeed, God ‘will have wiped out every tear, death will be no more, and neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore.’—Revelation 21:1-4.
There is irrefutable evidence that we are living in “the last days.” Thus, we can be confident that very soon we will see ungodly hatred vanish from this earth.(2 Timothy 3:1-5; Matthew 24:3-14) In God’s promised new world, a genuine spirit of brotherhood will exist because humankind will have been restored to perfection.—Luke 23:43; 2 Peter 3:13. Living on a planet that is so messed up right now, I find comfort in the fact the God won't allow these conditions much longer.
happypioneer

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2009

Maria Antonia Unplugged wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately Christian denominations can not even recognized one another with God's help let alone deal with other types of prejudices.
And unfortunately, religion promotes hatred my promoting support of wars. Luke 6:27, 28;"I[Jesus christ] say to you who are listenng, Continue to love your enemies, to do good to those hating you, to bless those cursing you, to pray for those who are insulting you." Nations and governments will always fight to defend their belief; however, the Creator instructed religion not to be involved in things supporting hatred. Religion is guilty of helping foster hatred just like you pointed out. It is sad because often times people begin to blame God for this mess when truly it is not his fault.
Rumors of wars

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2009

Maria Antonia Unplugged wrote:
<quoted text>
In our lifetime it hasn't been Christians going around beheading people!
Maria Antonia Unplugged

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2009

happypioneer wrote:
<quoted text>
And unfortunately, religion promotes hatred my promoting support of wars. Luke 6:27, 28;"I[Jesus christ] say to you who are listenng, Continue to love your enemies, to do good to those hating you, to bless those cursing you, to pray for those who are insulting you." Nations and governments will always fight to defend their belief; however, the Creator instructed religion not to be involved in things supporting hatred. Religion is guilty of helping foster hatred just like you pointed out. It is sad because often times people begin to blame God for this mess when truly it is not his fault.
War does not necessarily equal hatred.
Maria Antonia Unplugged

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2009

Rumors of wars wrote:
<quoted text>In our lifetime it hasn't been Christians going around beheading people!
In our lifetime......
Atticus Finch

Clay, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2009

Judged:

No Christians drop bombs from the sky. If some toddlers heads come off because of this we can always say we didn't mean to. Its an awesome "intellectual" dodge and boy do we love to use it. It makes us feel good about ourselves and the people who drop the bombs that cause the explosions that sever the heads. It works as long as you don't think too hard about it.
John Doe

Stockbridge, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2009

First off, it is not just Christians that use bombs or drob bombs from the sky. If you are refering to the U.S. Military, they are diverse and have many religions flying the planes and drobing bombs. You can't forget the Muslims that are using suicide bombers and IED's that kill innocent women and children because they believe in a different version of the Muslim faith. Of course they mean to kill innocent people instead of the innocent people being just collateral damage.
Atticus Finch

Clay, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2009

Judged:

It is just collateral damage! Not every last soldier is a Christian! That makes it totally different and totally acceptable! Morality is easy! USA! USA! USA!
National Defense

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2009

The Japanese have yet to acknowledge their war crimes against civilians including rapes and genocide against the Chinese. They even try to justify their attack against Pearl Harbor. Japanese tourists still visit Pearl Harbor to attend Japanese language rituals that honor the great victory on American warships.
John Doe

Stockbridge, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2009

Judged:

Atticus Finch wrote:
It is just collateral damage! Not every last soldier is a Christian! That makes it totally different and totally acceptable! Morality is easy! USA! USA! USA!
I did not say it was exceptable, I said Christians are not the only ones. That is why the US military is constantly developing new technology and tactics to minimize collateral damage. No soldier wants innocent people to die.
Atticus Finch

Clay, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2009

Judged:

John Doe wrote:
<quoted text>I did not say it was exceptable, I said Christians are not the only ones. That is why the US military is constantly developing new technology and tactics to minimize collateral damage. No soldier wants innocent people to die.
They do, too. That is why the USA has been bombing in Afghanistan and Iraq for 6 plus years now. Don't kid yerself.
Tamara

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2009

Judged:

John Doe wrote:
<quoted text> You are right, even today people are discriminated against. Look at Sgt. Crowley from the Cambridge Police Department. He was discriminated against by both a Harvard professor and a president
ditto
Next time that guy will have a home invasion and nobody will show up
John Doe

Stockbridge, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2009

Judged:

Atticus Finch wrote:
<quoted text>
They do, too. That is why the USA has been bombing in Afghanistan and Iraq for 6 plus years now. Don't kid yerself.
That is just not true, take a look at military technology over the last century, it has evolved to minimize the amount of damage done. The military takes a great deal of care to try and avoid civilian and innocent targets, even in some cases when insurgants use them as shields. Just because collateral damage happens does not mean the soldiers and commanders like it. The majority of them know that collateral damage is counter productive to their cause.
Atticus Finch

Clay, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2009

Judged:

With all these advances in tech, a country like the US can't conquer a country like Afghanistan in six years. The message is clear -- as long as the toddlers are decapitated by bombs, rather than axes, it is all okay.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Athens News Video

•••
•••

Athens Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Athens People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••