The Best Georgia Bluegrass Bands - Hi...

The Best Georgia Bluegrass Bands - Hire a Bluegrass Band in Georgia

There are 8 comments on the www.gigmasters.com story from Jul 28, 2013, titled The Best Georgia Bluegrass Bands - Hire a Bluegrass Band in Georgia. In it, www.gigmasters.com reports that:

The best 20 Bluegrass bands in the state of Georgia

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.gigmasters.com.

“Way down, in Columbus Georgia”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#1 Jul 28, 2013
Posted for Frog Land Music.
Hey, everyone loves a good bluegrass band!

“Columbus Music Info 4 U”

Since: Jun 13

Columbus, GA

#2 Jul 28, 2013
Thanks Jim, that was fast!
Ok folks,seeing just a little of the interest in Bluegrass music in Columbus, lets see what you think.
Listed are the 20 best Bluegrass Bands in the state of Georgia. Do you agree? Is someone there who should not be? Was someone left out?
I have had the pleasure of hearing severalof these performers and yes, they are that good.
So what do you think Columbus?
Anonymous

Columbus, GA

#3 Jul 28, 2013
Frogland Music wrote:
Thanks Jim, that was fast!
Ok folks,seeing just a little of the interest in Bluegrass music in Columbus, lets see what you think.
Listed are the 20 best Bluegrass Bands in the state of Georgia. Do you agree? Is someone there who should not be? Was someone left out?
I have had the pleasure of hearing severalof these performers and yes, they are that good.
So what do you think Columbus?
Whats your point in doing this?? Are you trying to slam Will at the cost of the other Columbus musicians who may not be or WANT TO BE in Will Dockery's little clique.
The way I see it, what you are doing is just as bad as what he's doing. Get it?
joshgreen

Columbus, GA

#4 Jul 28, 2013
Of the 2 bands I'm familiar with on that list, I don't think I'd call The Deadfields bluegrass.

Packway Handle Band most definitely is, though. I've got 3 PWB cds and 1 live recording and have seen them probably a half dozen times. I can say, for me, it doesn't get much better. Outside of the bluegrass album Steve Earle did with The Del McCoury Band, their CDs are the only bluegrass albums I listen to regularly.

BCR should definitely be on that list, though.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#5 Jul 29, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>

Whats your point in doing this?? Are you trying to slam Will at the cost of the other Columbus musicians who may not be or WANT TO BE in Will Dockery
Oh Lord... like we really need another anonymous pinhead troll with an obsession with "Will Dockery" here?

Heh...

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#6 Jul 29, 2013
Frogland Music wrote:
Thanks Jim, that was fast!
Ok folks,seeing just a little of the interest in Bluegrass music in Columbus, lets see what you think.
Listed are the 20 best Bluegrass Bands in the state of Georgia. Do you agree? Is someone there who should not be? Was someone left out?
I have had the pleasure of hearing severalof these performers and yes, they are that good.
So what do you think Columbus?
I'll have a look and give my report on the subject.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#7 Jul 29, 2013
Jim R Pickens wrote:
Posted for Frog Land Music.
Hey, everyone loves a good bluegrass band!
Thanks for posting this one, Jim, from all of us.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#8 Jul 29, 2013
joshgreen wrote:
Of the 2 bands I'm familiar with on that list, I don't think I'd call The Deadfields bluegrass.
Packway Handle Band most definitely is, though. I've got 3 PWB cds and 1 live recording and have seen them probably a half dozen times. I can say, for me, it doesn't get much better. Outside of the bluegrass album Steve Earle did with The Del McCoury Band, their CDs are the only bluegrass albums I listen to regularly.
BCR should definitely be on that list, though.
I agree the PHB is darn good, Josh.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Athens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Good Samaritan to Humanity Jun 25 wjabbe 4
how can i buy dip underage Jun 24 Recklessdipper16 2
News Ivey sentenced to confinement for theft of funds (Jan '08) Jun 20 Michelle blackwel 5
News Restaurant Scores: Chick-Fil-A, Zaxby's, Bojang... Jun 17 Shadow 1
Vote for us please Jun 7 Opa Robbys Market 1
pridetechdesign.com offers low-cost website des... Jun 6 pridetechdesign 1
News Classic City Records LLC is Proud to Announce T... May '15 Maniac CCR 1
More from around the web

Athens People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Athens Mortgages