- puppy mill' case

- puppy mill' case

There are 11 comments on the Jackson Herald story from Mar 20, 2008, titled - puppy mill' case. In it, Jackson Herald reports that:

“They had mud and feces all over them”

Hearing to be set in 'puppy mill' case Citizens air concerns at BOC meeting BY ANGELA GARY County officials say a forfeiture hearing must be held to determine if the 300 puppies taken from a Nicholson kennel ... via Jackson Herald

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Jackson Herald.

Kellee Green

Dahlonega, GA

#1 Mar 26, 2008
I interviewed for a job at this kennel a month ago. She wouldn't show me the kennel (I wonder why?) but did tell me she pays all her employees under the table. It these people can't be adequately punished for animal abuse, maybe the IRS wants to conduct an audit.
Bonnie Hatton

Toccoa, GA

#2 Apr 5, 2008
I am waiting to see what our County does on April 17th with the dogs taken from L&D Farms. Why these dogs are still in limbo is beyond me. Can SOMEONE explain why the DA needs to document the dogs healing before he decides to 1.Press charges, 2. Decide yes or no to give the poor things back to their abusers, 3. Decide what direction to take so that he won't look bad when this all unfolds( and it is, too many people digging). The DOA is doing damage control as well as Jackson County but I bet the ASPCA, PETA, AJC, Banner Herald, IRS, EPA etc.... have found out alot more than these Gov. offices would like them too. Our County is being put under a microscope and every germ will be seen. It is sad that these dogs lives have to be put at stake for the sake of $$$$, pride, public standing or political gain. I would like to see the results when the EPA & IRS get done with their digging. The land L&D Farms is on has sure had alot of death and disease over the years and it seeps in the ground into the water etc........ Did they ever bother to find out how many animals are buried or just strewn on the land? How many dogs did L&D sell just at the Flea Market every weekend that the $$$ wasn't reported.

If a child was found starved, sick and with broken unset bones would we wait until the child was made well and had the pictures to show the healing before we terminated the parents rights? Why is this any different. These were crimes against each and every dog on the farm as well as to the ones that had been sold only to have a life of health issues. Let the insanity stop and get these dogs in forever homes to live out their lives and heal. L&D is not the only mill here, seems our county is a well known area for puppy traffic due to our Good Old Boys turning a blind eye so to speak.
Chris

Canton, GA

#3 Apr 7, 2008
If anyone knows the details of where the hearing will be held on April 17th, and whether it will be open to the public, would you please post that information here? I would like to attend.
ThisIsBs

United States

#4 Apr 15, 2008
Chris wrote:
If anyone knows the details of where the hearing will be held on April 17th, and whether it will be open to the public, would you please post that information here? I would like to attend.
2 pm on April 17th at the Jackson Co Courthouse - please pass this info along to anyone you know that might attend.
SPARKS

Woodstock, GA

#5 Apr 29, 2008
I know of a family in my town that has taken in 7 of the pugs from this puppy mill. They have expressed the poor conditions these poor dogs were in as well as them being anti-social. It will take years of rehabilitation and loving patient families to get these dogs back to "normal".

God Bless all of these poor animals for what they have gone through. The Hughes' should have to suffer the same trauma these poor animals have. Better yet, let us, the public decide their punishment!
cyndi snellville ga

Buford, GA

#6 May 21, 2008
I have one of the Mom's and 2 of her babies. I have bathed her 3 times in less than 2 weeks. I have taken her to my vet who claims she is pretty healthy considering. She is the most loving dog who has fallenin love with grass! How sad that a simple thing like grass could make her happy. For the first week or so she only went to the potty on the concrete. Made me and my room mate so sad to think thisis all she knew. We have decided to keep her (the Mom) as she is not the 2 yr old once thought by the initial vet but 5 years old and worn out by litter after litter of pups. No more will she worry about a bed, food, medical or love. She has found a home in our hearts along with at least one of the 2 puppies. Pray people that these animals all find loving homes and that their kidnappers get what they so deserve-a concrete cell like they forced these animals to endure everyday!
Bonnie

Crandall, GA

#7 Aug 21, 2008
I adopted one of the momma dogs from this horrible puppy mill through one of the rescue places. I love her! She has learned what a toy is! She will never want for food, water, love etc. She goes everywhere with me. I'm so glad she is in my life. We're a team!
justanote

Gainesville, GA

#8 Sep 16, 2009
The two year anniversary of this crime will be coming up in Feb of 2010.

The alleged persons still have yet to be prosecuted.

I would be on my toes in Jackson Co that the officials are not simply waiting for any statute of limitations to run out - which are usually two years - and then the case can't be prosecuted.

food for thought - only 5 months away from the two year mark.
justanote

Atlanta, GA

#9 Mar 26, 2011
Here it is, now, March 26, 2011 - and this case has yet to be prosecuted.

I'm beginning to wonder..........
Whathappened

Toccoa, GA

#10 Mar 11, 2014
What ever happened to this case? Why hasn't the DA prosecuted it?
Ho bong

Dahlonega, GA

#11 Mar 14, 2014
Whathappened wrote:
What ever happened to this case? Why hasn't the DA prosecuted it?
because the china garden bought all of them and there is no evidence left yum yum

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Athens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
americans love to be fooled by their own govern... 6 hr wjabbe 11
where can i buy dip underage Jul 23 Dipping_Myself_Re... 2
Vote for us please Jul 15 Guess 2
News It's warming faster in cities - but there are c... Jul 11 Schooled 3
News Report provides insights into Athens-Clarke Cou... Jul 6 jo jo whites 5
war is a racket by marine general smedley butler Jul 4 wjabbe 2
A Good Samaritan to Humanity Jun '15 wjabbe 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Athens Mortgages