Autism Special Section - Frequently Asked Questions

Full story: WXIA Atlanta 6
Shayla from Marietta asks: My autistic son is six years and would like to know if you have a list of schools in Georgia for autistic children. Full Story
Jennifer O from Decatur

Atlanta, GA

#1 Jan 17, 2008
My 3 year old son was just diagnosed with PDD in the fall. He is receiving therapy through the school system which is great but the Dev. Ped. wants him to have additional therapy. My insurance company is saying they are not required to cover autism, for a multitude of reasons, but one is that it is a developmental delay and not a loss of function. They say recovery therapy should only take a short time not the continual therapy that an autistic child needs.
In doing research it seems that GA does have a law requiring some sort of coverage for autism. Where can I find the exact law to find out if they are obligated?
Gudny Jons

Decatur, GA

#2 Feb 12, 2008
I have a BA degree in Developmental Therapy and mostly worked with people with autism. I like that most and I just moved to Decatur, Georgia and I am looking for a job. If sombody can give me infrommation. This is my e mail: gudnyjons@gmail.com
Henry

Roswell, GA

#3 Feb 12, 2008
Gudny Jons wrote:
I have a BA degree in Developmental Therapy and mostly worked with people with autism. I like that most and I just moved to Decatur, Georgia and I am looking for a job. If sombody can give me infrommation. This is my e mail: gudnyjons@gmail.com
Try the Autism Center at Emory University!
Henry

Roswell, GA

#4 Feb 12, 2008
Jennifer O from Decatur wrote:
My 3 year old son was just diagnosed with PDD in the fall. He is receiving therapy through the school system which is great but the Dev. Ped. wants him to have additional therapy. My insurance company is saying they are not required to cover autism, for a multitude of reasons, but one is that it is a developmental delay and not a loss of function. They say recovery therapy should only take a short time not the continual therapy that an autistic child needs.
In doing research it seems that GA does have a law requiring some sort of coverage for autism. Where can I find the exact law to find out if they are obligated?
Try the Autism Center at Emory University. There are wonderful resources out there to help your child. You are not alone and don't get discouraged, keep praying!
Gudny Jons

Decatur, GA

#5 Feb 19, 2008
Thank you

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#6 May 14, 2012
Religious Quote of the Day
Doubt is part of all religion. All the religious thinkers were doubters.

Atheist Quote of the DAY
You keep believing, I'll keep evolving

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Athens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 12 min The WB 55,673
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) 5 hr JayPo 2,056
just say no to dangerous mammogram Sep 14 WJAbbe 2
Woman reports large group of youths surround he... Sep 12 Victim 2
Dial America commits espionage through wrongful... Sep 12 YOUR MOMMA 2
GA Who do you support for Attorney General in Geor... (Oct '10) Sep 5 faisha 186
London Wal-Mart permit pulled Aug 27 Top Mod 8 1
•••

Athens News Video

•••
Athens Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Athens Jobs

•••
•••
•••