UGA Animal Rights Group Snags PETA Youth Award

There are 10 comments on the Mar 9, 2009, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals story titled UGA Animal Rights Group Snags PETA Youth Award. In it, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals reports that:

'Speak Out for Species' Is Recognized for Giving Students Lessons in How to Help Animals, the Earth, and Themselves For Immediate Release: March 4, 2009 Contact: Ryan Huling 757-622-7382 Athens, Ga .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

“STOP animal abuse”

Since: Dec 07

United States

#1 Mar 9, 2009
This is truly wonderful.
Snow White

Poughkeepsie, NY

#2 Mar 9, 2009
Why don't you people get your story right! Yes, animals deserve to be treated with respect. But, just because you don't eat meat or wear leather doesn't mean a animal didn't die for you. Did you know that deer eat cotton seed. They pull the cotton off the plant and spit out the fiber eating the seed. Farmers get permits to kill the animal at night. They also get permits to kill animals at night over that salad you love to eat. If you don't believe me then ask your local DNR officer. So, yes a animal died for your cotton shirt or your salad. You just didn't pull the trigger. Sorry if I destroyed your self rightous idea of how your helping the animals. Use a little common sense. Why do you think you see all them fields of corn and nothing eating it.

“STOP animal abuse”

Atlanta, GA

#3 Mar 9, 2009
fornicate yourself
PETA equals hypocritcs

Mobile, AL

#4 Mar 30, 2009
Ralexa wrote:
This is truly wonderful.
Yea PETA is wonderful,
read this
http://www.consumerfreedom.com/pressRelease_d...

“STOP animal abuse”

United States

#5 Mar 30, 2009
FU
PETA equals hypocritcs

Mobile, AL

#6 Mar 30, 2009
Ralexa wrote:
FU
LOL...ROFLMAO... you PETA people are all nuts, pretending to protect animals and killing them right and left...jeeze what a bunch of hypocrites!!!
hummmmmm

Mobile, AL

#7 Apr 7, 2009
Ralexa wrote:
fornicate yourself
lol, didnt think that was physically possible..or have you tried and are recomending it?
Tabitha

Athens, GA

#8 Aug 24, 2009
Snow White wrote:
Why don't you people get your story right......Use a little common sense. Why do you think you see all them fields of corn and nothing eating it.
Just because you can't do everything does not mean you should do nothing. Vegans and vegetarians don't do this to be self righteous, they do it because they decided to educate themselves about the things they consume,(clothes, food, beauty products, whatever) and from that knowledge they picked the course of action that is best for themselves, other living beings including humans, and the ecosystem as a whole. Animal rights activists do not run around believing that they are perfect.

Silly Snow White! Remember, ignorance is the greatest evil! Research everything you consume! With your knowledge of cotton farms, perhaps you could help design a more efficient kind of agriculture. Every individual can make a difference. Let it start with you!
Snoop Dogg

Athens, GA

#9 Feb 25, 2014
Snow White wrote:
Why don't you people get your story right! Yes, animals deserve to be treated with respect. But, just because you don't eat meat or wear leather doesn't mean a animal didn't die for you. Did you know that deer eat cotton seed. They pull the cotton off the plant and spit out the fiber eating the seed. Farmers get permits to kill the animal at night. They also get permits to kill animals at night over that salad you love to eat. If you don't believe me then ask your local DNR officer. So, yes a animal died for your cotton shirt or your salad. You just didn't pull the trigger. Sorry if I destroyed your self rightous idea of how your helping the animals. Use a little common sense. Why do you think you see all them fields of corn and nothing eating it.
^You numb-nut, deer have an alternative- grass.

“Use renewable resources”

Since: Apr 11

Wear fur and save the earth

#11 Feb 27, 2014
Snoop Dogg wrote:
<quoted text>
^You numb-nut, deer have an alternative- grass.
Problem is that deer don't eat grass. ARA people don't know much about how animals behave.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Athens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Connor Byers - Music's Next Big Thing Apr 17 basketball232323 2
News Huge metal rooster found in forest following Ge... Apr 16 Christaliban 3
News 10-foot, 300-pound metal rooster goes missing i... Apr 1 wichita-rick 9
News Snowfall records in Athens Feb '15 From the frigid N... 1
Fire UGA Propagandist Tom Jackson Feb '15 Test 2
Andrew Clyde former Marine has guts to testify ... Feb '15 wjabbe 2
any people into kink sex here? (Oct '14) Feb '15 Babyblu00FL 4
More from around the web

Athens People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE