Baby dies after left in vehicle in Jackson County

Sep 3, 2008 Full story: Athens Banner-Herald 16

A 9-month-old girl died Tuesday when her foster mother took a nap and left the child in a closed minivan for more than two hours.

Full Story
THE123123

Glendale Springs, NC

#1 Sep 7, 2008
I am very sorry for the family that had to lose their baby,for no reason!I have children of my own and I cant imagine some one doing that to my child!God has her now and shes smilling down at you!
Jan Williams

Mount Airy, GA

#2 Sep 12, 2008
Being a foster parent myself I know how much love and caring goes into raising children who have no one else to live with. There is no way a mother (foster or otherwise) would knowingly put a child placed in her care in any kind of health danger!
We are all humans and make human mistakes...this one was a tragic one but none the less...a mistake! The guilt and remorse she must feel is punishment enough as a legal ruling will be temporary but the remorse will be permanant!
CONCERNED

Social Circle, GA

#3 Oct 9, 2008
I tINK That JESUS DID NOT WANT THAT CHILD BACK WITH THE PARENTS THAT IT WAS TAKEN AWAY FROM SO THINGS HAPPEN FOR A REASON JUST THINK ABOUT THAT I AGREE THAT IT WAS AN AWFUL THING TO HAPPEN BUT JUST THINK WHAT THAT CHILD COULD HAVE HAD TO GO THRU BEING BACK IN A PLACE WHERE THESE PEOPLE HAD NO BUSINESS HAVING CHILDREN IN THE FIRST PLACE.
athenian

Covington, GA

#4 Oct 9, 2008
Give me a break "concerned"! Jesus wanted this child to die the horrific death of being suffocated? I couldn't get past your first point because the all-caps and lack of punctuation hurt my eyes and brain, so forgive me if you covered this... but how can you say that? People overcome all sorts of obstacles despite the hand they're dealt by shitty parents. You're probably pro-life right? Couldn't then the same argument be held about abortion? Perhaps "Jesus" doesn't want the fetus to be born a child to bad parents? Don't just fire back - think about it.

And "Jan", you may be a great foster parent, but just because this person was also one, doesn't make her a good one. I would never even leave my dog in the hot car unattended. There are bigger issues here that have nothing to do with "mistakes". Sure she didn't "knowingly" do it, but what in THE hell could possibly cause a person to accidentally to this?
Tater

Albany, GA

#5 Mar 7, 2012
After all this Wendy ozbourne is now fostering kids again how on the he'll did she convince the state to let her have another child
Doc

El Paso, TX

#6 Mar 12, 2012
Tater wrote:
After all this Wendy ozbourne is now fostering kids again how on the he'll did she convince the state to let her have another child
How in the hell did she get more kids after she killed that little girl I see her in public talking to those kids like dogs telling them she will wear their ass out if they don't shut up maybe the state needs to get back involved
Dawg

Cornelia, GA

#7 Aug 29, 2012
Doc wrote:
<quoted text>How in the hell did she get more kids after she killed that little girl I see her in public talking to those kids like dogs telling them she will wear their ass out if they don't shut up maybe the state needs to get back involved
The whole family is mean as hell they treat the kids like shit they only foster so they can get a pay check and they don't spend a dime on the kids
Ray lend

Cornelia, GA

#8 Feb 8, 2013
athenian wrote:
Give me a break "concerned"! Jesus wanted this child to die the horrific death of being suffocated? I couldn't get past your first point because the all-caps and lack of punctuation hurt my eyes and brain, so forgive me if you covered this... but how can you say that? People overcome all sorts of obstacles despite the hand they're dealt by shitty parents. You're probably pro-life right? Couldn't then the same argument be held about abortion? Perhaps "Jesus" doesn't want the fetus to be born a child to bad parents? Don't just fire back - think about it.
And "Jan", you may be a great foster parent, but just because this person was also one, doesn't make her a good one. I would never even leave my dog in the hot car unattended. There are bigger issues here that have nothing to do with "mistakes". Sure she didn't "knowingly" do it, but what in THE hell could possibly cause a person to accidentally to this?
wendy is fostering kids again!
Rachel

Cleveland, GA

#9 Mar 24, 2013
I'm sorry but I don't care how much someone says "I didn't know I left a child in a car for hours" that is a bad parent!!!! I have 5 kids and 2 dogs and a bunch of children I tend to I have never forgot or left a child or dog in the truck!! She should have seen within a few minutes him no baby noise means trouble!!! And should have went looking!!!! And in no way shape or form should the state allow her to take another child in because she made it clear that she is not a good parent and children are in grave danger while in her care!!!! What a sad thing that should have never happen!!!
Riley

Pendergrass, GA

#10 Jun 6, 2013
Somebody needs to call the state on her. She has no remorse Almost treats it like it was no big deal accidents happen
no comment

United States

#11 Jun 13, 2013
Is this the one who had the in home day care
Riley

United States

#12 Jun 18, 2013
no comment wrote:
Is this the one who had the in home day care
that is the one
Brown Sugar

San Antonio, TX

#13 Aug 17, 2013
Riley wrote:
Somebody needs to call the state on her. She has no remorse Almost treats it like it was no big deal accidents happen
Murder! Nothing short of murder.....and should be treated accordingly.
Pissed

Duluth, GA

#14 Sep 14, 2013
Brown Sugar wrote:
<quoted text>
Murder! Nothing short of murder.....and should be treated accordingly.
she is running free and treating the kids she has now like crap she was in the dollar store a few weeks back and when her little blonde headed daughter? Wasn't walking fast enough out of the store she smacked her in the back of the head and said get to stepping next time ill leave you at home.
happy pioneer

Braselton, GA

#15 Sep 22, 2013
athenian wrote:
Give me a break "concerned"! Jesus wanted this child to die the horrific death of being suffocated?
And just by the way the Bible doesn't teach this RELIGION DOES AND WHO EVER SAID RELIGION HAS GODS APPROVAL. James 1:13 states: When under trial, let no ;one say: "I am being tried by God. For with evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone". It's no wonder people don't believe in God when they here what religion teaches. The Bible has a lot to say about religion too. For example: Matthew 15:7-9 says: "You hypocrites, Isaiah aptly prophesied about you, when he said,'This people honor me with their lips, yet their heart is far removed from me. It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach commands of men as doctrines.'"
Sam

Cornelia, GA

#16 Jan 2, 2014
athenian wrote:
Give me a break "concerned"! Jesus wanted this child to die the horrific death of being suffocated? I couldn't get past your first point because the all-caps and lack of punctuation hurt my eyes and brain, so forgive me if you covered this... but how can you say that? People overcome all sorts of obstacles despite the hand they're dealt by shitty parents. You're probably pro-life right? Couldn't then the same argument be held about abortion? Perhaps "Jesus" doesn't want the fetus to be born a child to bad parents? Don't just fire back - think about it.
And "Jan", you may be a great foster parent, but just because this person was also one, doesn't make her a good one. I would never even leave my dog in the hot car unattended. There are bigger issues here that have nothing to do with "mistakes". Sure she didn't "knowingly" do it, but what in THE hell could possibly cause a person to accidentally to this?
she has always abused pain pills just because it's a prescription doesn't allow you to take as many as she does , yes she passed the drug test but they should have checked the amount in her system Wendy is and always be a addict and a heartless bitch

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Athens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
belk bowl Dec 8 carrollton connec... 1
pendergrass or j&j. which is best to sell at Nov 28 right 2
American jailed over photo in Emirates back home Nov 20 USA Today 1
Review: Play Palace Daycare Nov '14 Misty419906 1
Athens Clarke County like 3rd World Country (May '14) Nov '14 Nottaphagg Patel 4
Precision Tune auto-Business from HELL!!! Nov '14 AngryConsumer 1
David Perdue wants to TRICK you into voting for... Nov '14 concerned taxpayer 1

Athens News Video

Athens Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Athens People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Athens News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Athens

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:53 am PST

NBC Sports 6:53AM
Julio Jones' availability hinges on pre-game workout, again
ESPN 9:39 AM
Setback-free Newton to start against Browns
Bleacher Report 9:45 AM
Complete Preview for Falcons vs. Saints
Bleacher Report10:16 AM
Complete Preview for Saints vs. Falcons
NFL11:45 AM
Panthers' Cam Newton named starter vs. Browns