Gov Deal Force Athens Clarke County t...

Gov Deal Force Athens Clarke County to obey laws

Posted in the Athens Forum

GACorruption

Watkinsville, GA

#1 Dec 4, 2013
O.C.G.A. 45-12-4 (2010) 45-12-4. Oath of office The Governor-elect shall, before he enters on the duties of his office, take the following oath in the presence of the General Assembly in joint session of the Senate and House of Representatives: "I do solemnly swear or affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Governor of the State of Georgia and will, to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution thereof and the Constitution of the United States." - See more at: http://statutes.laws.com/georgia/title-45/cha...
Sam Olens was sworn in as Georgia’s 53rd Attorney General on January 10, 2011.
As Attorney General, Olens is committed to serving Georgians by defending the U.S. and Georgia Constitutions and upholding the rule of law.

Special Prosecutions Unit – The Special Prosecutions Unit prosecutes fraud and corruption involving the State of Georgia’s departments and agencies, including those committing crimes against the state. The Unit also prosecutes identity fraud, residential mortgage fraud, and securities fraud.

Georgia Constitution, Article I, Section l, Paragraph 2:“….No person shall be denied the equal protection of the laws”.

The Unified Government of Athens Clarke County has been violating the above section of the Georgia Constitution, among others, for many years, by forcing all property owners to pay for part of the public bus system but deny all of them equal service. The Athens Clarke County Commissioners also took an oath to comply with the Georgia Constitution they clearly have been violating for years. They also have been routinely violating it in other ways i.e. failure to provide sewer service throughout the county.

How about it Governor Deal and State Attorney General Olens? How about taking actions according to those fancy words you recited upon taking office, and directing the Special Prosecutions Office to prosecute the Government of Athens Clarke County for the crime of fraud against its own citizens and the State, and the crime of violations of its oath of office for its clear violation of the Georgia Constitution of stealing money from one group to favor another group?

Why should lowly citizens be forced to spend their personal funds to seek to force government to comply with the very law it took a meaningless oath to comply with when you officials have the duty and power to force local government to comply with the very Constitution it routinely violates with impunity?

Why should citizens be forced to redress such grievences in local courts which receive their payment by the very government in violation of the law thereby creating a fundamental conflict of interest? Gov. Deal, and Attorney General Owens, you both have the power and the duty to prosecute the outlaws in Athens Clarke County for crimes against its own citizens. How about doing your "sworn" duties for a change?
Norulesgov

Watkinsville, GA

#2 Dec 4, 2013
"Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for the law."

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis

"When a judge departs from the letter of the law he becomes a lawbreaker".

Francis Bacon

'O what a goodly outside falsehood hath."

William Shakespeare
hoodwinked

Watkinsville, GA

#3 Dec 4, 2013
Quote from Merriam-Webster:
hy•poc•ri•sy
noun \hi-ˈpä-krə- sē also hī-\
: the behavior of people who do things that they tell other people not to do : behavior that does not agree with what someone claims to believe or feel
pluralhy•poc•ri•sies

Full Definition of HYPOCRISY
: a feigning to be what one is not or to believe what one does not; especially: the false assumption of an appearance of virtue or religion

If a private citizen steals money from one person to give to another, they would be placed in jail.

But if government in Athens Clarke County virtually steals money from one property owner to provide bus service to another likely non property owner, while not even providing service to the victims forced or extorted by government to pay these taxes, in patent violation of the Georgia Constitution, not even the highest officials of Georgia Government, who took virtually meaningless oaths of office, lift a finger to hold the local outlaw government accountable for its blatantly illegal acts! Isn’t all this a perfect example of the noun hypocrisy as stated above by Merriam Webster Online Dictionary?

Also observe the failure of the U.S. Attorney to also force corrupt local government in Georgia to comply with the very laws and Constitution they took a virtual meaningless oath to comply with.
Oath should be replaced with hot air because most of the time that is all it amounts to.

Are not politicians, lawyers and government the biggest hypocrites on planet earth? One set of rules or no rules for government, another set of draconian rules to keep lowly citizens and taxpayers in line. Is our local government in Georgia really in fact much different than the criminals in D.C.?

Shameful is far too polite an adjective to describe this government obscenity in America and the State of Georgia in the smallest county of Georgia Athens Clarke County.
well

Cornelia, GA

#4 Dec 4, 2013
You do remember that Deal once called himself a democrat don't you? When he saw the political field changing he got scared and changed parties. He's been in office nearly 4 years now and he hasn't earned my trust yet. I don't know if he's earned enough trust for me to vote for him next time or not, it all depends on whether or not somebody else can convince me to vote for them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Athens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Photos: Cyclists ride the proposed Firefly Trail Apr '17 Kanada 1
Nightmares Mar '17 Krae12203 1
UGA Law First Annual 5k Mar '17 IPleadThe5k 1
Amazon censoring books for Israel Mar '17 Jim Fetzer 2
Remove all health care subsidies for Congress ... Mar '17 wjabbe 3
Marc Lofton Mar '17 Concerned Traveller 6
Taya Leigh mills Feb '17 sally 1

Athens Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance