Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Who

Broken Arrow, OK

#18037 Jul 12, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
She is a piece of work isn't she?

A real dingbat without a lease.
Who

Broken Arrow, OK

#18038 Jul 12, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
I also see that Eric Cantor is now drafting something like the dream act for illegal aliens.
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/310591-hous...

Cantor is nothing more than a push pencil for
Boehner, the sorriest majority leader in years. Well, except for
Pe so li.


Oh my

Young Harris, GA

#18039 Jul 12, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah. I don't even read all your Blah anymore. You act as if you are a Lawyer in a courtroom trying to get the U.S. Constitution thrown out. Now I know why you use the name Oh My. Everyone that knows you walks from you away saying to themselves, oh my.
Translation:
Dang, it was just shown that Jerome Corsi is not a reliable source of information. Hey, maybe if I attack the poster it might divert attention from my error in judgment.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#18040 Jul 12, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>it wasn't an insult- it was an analogy. You said that I did not know what kind of president that Romney would make. I agreed, but offered the "battery acid thing" as an example.
It wasn't that one. You agreed with a very inflamatory post and then added to it directed at me personally. Oh, well. I know we don't agree politcally, but you're a good guy.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#18041 Jul 12, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah the same sh*t over and over again. Obamacare is the law. Get over it.
It's the law, but you better hope it gets repealed. Your cavalier attitude about it proves how little you know about it NOR do you want to know. As far as it being the same sh*t over and over, apparently it isn't sinking into your thick head. Perhaps you should get over YOURSELF and educate YOURSELF.
Who

Broken Arrow, OK

#18042 Jul 12, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a tax, one that is not equally applied.

Not only is it NOT equally applied, the 4 plans themselves will vary in cost according to the insurance carrier selected. Plus the deductible for each plan and the percentage amount they will pay. As in the Bronze plan, it only pays 60% of any health charge per visit.

"In the market place, it is expected that an insurer will charge progressively higher premiums among the plans with Bronze Plans having the lowest premiums and Platinum having the highest premiums. However, this considers plans only within a single insurance company. It is possible that one company’s Silver Plan could be cheaper than another company’s Bronze Plan. All plans, whether Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum, will have a shared maximum out-of-pocket amount that an enrolled individual can pay in a calendar year."

So a patient will pay a high monthly cost, a max out-of-pocket amount that no one knows yet what it will be.

Bronze Plan:

"Bronze Plans are designed so that insurance companies will pay 60% of covered healthcare expenses with the remaining 40% to be paid by consumers. The consumer’s expenses will be in the form of out-of-pocket fees over and above the cost of the plan’s monthly premium. Out-of-pocket expenses for individuals is expected to be capped at $6,350 annually starting in 2014.

So if a consumer has high health care needs, he will pay his monthly fee plus over $6k, which could come out to over $8k -$10k a year.

Silver Plan:
"Based on an average person’s expected use of healthcare services, Silver Plans have the insurance company pay 70% of covered healthcare expenses. The remaining 30% of expenses are paid by plan out of pocket. These out-of-pocket expenses include deductibles, copayments, and coinsurance. However, the plan’s monthly premium is not included as one of these out-of-pocket costs."

Consumer Out-of-Pocket Costs 30% of costs, no max.
With deductibles varying according to insurance plan selected.


Gold Plan::

"Based on an average person’s expected use of healthcare services, Gold Plans have the insurance company pay 80% of covered healthcare expenses. The remaining 20% of expenses are paid by plan out of pocket. These out-of-pocket expenses include deductibles, copayments, and coinsurance. However, the plan’s monthly premium is not included as one of these out-of-pocket costs.

The specifics of deductibles, copayments, and other out-of-pocket costs will vary by Gold Plan, we do know that for a standard population the Gold Plan should be expected to cover 80% of healthcare expenses."

No max listed.


Platinum Plan::

"The Platinum Plan is one of four new categories of health insurance plans created by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (also known as Obamacare). A Platinum Plan is designed to offer the lowest out-of-pocket expenses for enrollees. Platinum Plan enrollees pay approximately 10% of the out-of-pocket costs of healthcare services with the plan paying the remainder. In comparison, the Bronze Plan requires enrollees to pay 40% of covered medical expenses.

"Since the Platinum Plan has the most generous cost-sharing for enrollees, it is expected that these plans will typically have the highest premiums when compared to the Bronze, Silver, and Gold plans. However, this is a generalization. It will be important to compare premiums among different insurance companies offering Platinum Plans. Moreover, deductibles and copayments will also differ among Platinum Plans. This is perfectly acceptable as long as the Platinum Plan covers 90% of healthcare expenses for a standard population."

Bronze is the only plan listed with a max out-of-pocket.

Gold, Silver, and Platinum have no out-of-pocket listed.

http://www.healthpocket.com/affordable-care-a...







“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#18043 Jul 12, 2013
Who wrote:
And now we know why all Libs are bats**t crazy.
Crazy Nancy is at it again.
"Here's what Pelosi said during a press conference on Thursday:
"The point is, is that the mandate was not delayed. Certain reporting by businesses that could be perceived as onerous, that reporting requirement was delayed, and partially to review how it would work and how it could be better. It was not a delay of the mandate for the businesses.""
Do they just keep her around to make her happy? What a clueless wonder she is.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#18044 Jul 12, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a tax, one that is not equally applied.
He doesn't care. He admits he doesn't consider it very important. When it tears up his wallet, he might get a little interested. Ya think?

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#18045 Jul 12, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation:
Dang, it was just shown that Jerome Corsi is not a reliable source of information. Hey, maybe if I attack the poster it might divert attention from my error in judgment.
Nope. It means just more blah blah blah from the queen of cut and paste. Simple.
Who

Broken Arrow, OK

#18046 Jul 12, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Do they just keep her around to make her happy? What a clueless wonder she is.

They keep her around because the others are just as crazy and are glad she takes the spotlight off them.
New Blood

Saint Marys, GA

#18047 Jul 12, 2013
I say put Zimmerman in Washington. If he is acquitted he is going to need personal body guards. I suspect he would do a good job. Can't say he has seen where changes need to take place.

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Draketown, GA

#18048 Jul 13, 2013
The number of people who gave up looking for work because they believe no jobs were available increased by 206,000 from a year earlier to 1 million. The number of individuals who were working part time increased by 432,000, twice the number of jobs created. Full time jobs actually declined by 272,000.

The U6 unemployment rate is the widest measure of unemployment the government calculates. The U6 measure of unemployment significantly increased rising from 13.8% in May to 14.3% in June, clear evidence that the labor market is getting worse.

The recession’s unemployment rate peaked in October of 2009 at 10% when the labor participation rate was 65%. Had the participation rate continued at 65%, the “official” unemployment rate in June would have been 9.7% rather than 7.6%.

According to the BLS, in June there were 6,580,000 people out of work who “want a job now” but who BLS excluded from the ranks of the officially unemployed, including those who were too discouraged to look for a job in the past 30 days. Adding these people back into the labor force produces an unemployment rate of 11.3%, again well above the reported 7.6%.
Informed Opinion

Sunapee, NH

#18050 Jul 13, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>Translation:
Dang, it was just shown that Jerome Corsi is not a reliable source of information. Hey, maybe if I attack the poster it might divert attention from my error in judgment.
Great post.

That Right Wing motto;

Facts are our enemy -
practice your 4-Ds:
duck, divert, and distract.

It's fun to watch though.
Informed Opinion

Sunapee, NH

#18051 Jul 13, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>It's the law, but you better hope it gets repealed. Your cavalier attitude about it proves how little you know about it NOR do you want to know. As far as it being the same sh*t over and over, apparently it isn't sinking into your thick head. Perhaps you should get over YOURSELF and educate YOURSELF.
Translation:

"I'm either Medicare or Medicaid and I don't want to share",
or
"I am a freeloading deadbeat who makes others but me medical care and want to pretend I'm not."
Who

Broken Arrow, OK

#18052 Jul 13, 2013
Homeland Security without leadership.
And this is the department to protect America??
Another failure of Obama??


http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_HOM...

Who

Broken Arrow, OK

#18053 Jul 13, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post.
That Right Wing motto;
Facts are our enemy -
practice your 4-Ds:
duck, divert, and distract.
It's fun to watch though.
Typical lib, can't count.
Says 4-D's but lists only 3.
Informed Opinion

United States

#18054 Jul 13, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
The number of people who gave up looking for work because they believe no jobs were available increased by 206,000 from a year earlier to 1 million. The number of individuals who were working part time increased by 432,000, twice the number of jobs created. Full time jobs actually declined by 272,000.

The U6 unemployment rate is the widest measure of unemployment the government calculates. The U6 measure of unemployment significantly increased rising from 13.8% in May to 14.3% in June, clear evidence that the labor market is getting worse.

The recession’s unemployment rate peaked in October of 2009 at 10% when the labor participation rate was 65%. Had the participation rate continued at 65%, the “official” unemployment rate in June would have been 9.7% rather than 7.6%.

According to the BLS, in June there were 6,580,000 people out of work who “want a job now” but who BLS excluded from the ranks of the officially unemployed, including those who were too discouraged to look for a job in the past 30 days. Adding these people back into the labor force produces an unemployment rate of 11.3%, again well above the reported 7.6%.
Gotta give Right Wingers extra points for chutzpah.

They support every Right Wing Wacko plan to export jobs overseas;

They even support a presidential candidate whose claim to fame is bankrupting American companies and exporting American jobs overseas;

The they complain about not enough American jobs.

Here's a hint - when you burn down your own house - you just might become homeless.

Thanks Right Wingers for sending American jobs to:

Bahrain
Chile
Costa Rica
Dominican Republic
El Salvador
Guatemala
Honduras
Nicaragua
Jordan
Morocco
Mexico
Oman
Peru
Singapore

Hey ... Profits are at an all-time high - so what's the problem ?

What are you - a socialist ?

What next - those liberal socialist union thugs will be fighting to keep American jobs in America - those damn commies.
Who

Broken Arrow, OK

#18055 Jul 13, 2013
Just ramble right on along, special for IO, the rambling man who never says anything.


And the little old Ford, it rambled right
along,
And the little old Ford, it rambled right
along,
The gas burned out in the big machine.
But the darn little Ford don't need
gasoline.
the big limosine had to back down hill.
The blamed little Ford is going up still.
When she blows out a tire,
Just wrap it up with wire
And the little Ford will ramble right along.

And the little old Ford, it rambled right
along,
And the little old Ford, it rambled right
along,
Now cut that out, you naughty tease,
Tis a left hand driver and a right hand
squeeze.
Patch it up with a piece of string.
Spearmint gum or any old thing.
When the power gets sick, just hit it with a
brick
And the little Ford will ramble right along.
And the little Ford will ramble right along.
Who

Broken Arrow, OK

#18056 Jul 13, 2013
"Krauthammer: Napolitano's Record 'Was the Underwear Didn't Explode'"

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/krauthammer-n...
Informed Opinion

La Fayette, GA

#18057 Jul 13, 2013
Who wrote:
<quoted text>Typical lib, can't count.
Says 4-D's but lists only 3.
Congratulations.

You caught it.

The guys at breakfast said nobody would.

Good for you.

By, the way, you just cost me $20.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Athens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snapchat slutty uga girls 17 min Guest 2
House for sale! 450 Millstone Circle, Athens, ... Jun 20 artsatisfied 1
Michelle Hampton aka Michelle Veal aka Heather ... Jun 6 Roxrox 1
News Athens man nearly hit police car and fled Jun 2 DisgruntledAthens... 1
Precision Tune auto-Business from HELL!!! (Nov '14) May '16 greg 2
unfair non unified government of athens clarke ... May '16 wjabbe 5
Local News, Talk, and Entertainment Podcast for... May '16 athenspodcastprod... 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Athens Mortgages