Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia in 2010?

Posted in the Athens Forum

Comments (Page 827)

Showing posts 16,521 - 16,540 of47,579
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
James

Blue Ridge, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
And if that happens be prepared to wait months for doctor's appts, months for diagnostic scans, months for procedures and be prepared for bureaucrats to tell you that you are not a viable candidate for the procedure/surgery/medication that you need or "that you know what, maybe this isn’t going to help. Maybe you’re better off, uhh, not having the surgery, but, uhh, taking the painkiller" as Obama told one woman in regard to her elderly mother getting a pacemaker.

Scare tactics only work for people that refuse to do there home work and learn the facts for themselves. Thomas Edison spent years and large sums of money to discredit Nikolai tesla because he invented ac power and it solved every problem Edison's had trying to implement his DC power to run a a country on the brink of a industrial revolution. Just think what if these scare tactics would have delayed or stopped our country from its early development into a superpower. If we continue this path of failing at education for our kids and refusing to deal with our health care system we will continue to lose ground in our economic race with the rest of the world.
What

Commerce, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

"10 ObamaCare fumbles." Obamacare
If Obama was a NFL quarterback and fumbled in one game, he would be benched or traded.
If Obama was a National league baseball player, he would be benched or traded for striking out 10 times in one game.

http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/health-r...

What

Commerce, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

James wrote:
<quoted text>.
If we continue this path of failing at education for our kids and refusing to deal with our health care system we will continue to lose ground in our economic race with the rest of the world.

"Cracks in the Common Core of Education."

http://blog.heritage.org/2013/07/04/protectin...

Read my above post about Obamacare.

And Aggie is correct. I have friends in England who wait months on end to get medical procedures done. Also months for Doctor's appointments. The only quick medical service rendered there is an emergency.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

James wrote:
<quoted text>.
Scare tactics only work for people that refuse to do there home work and learn the facts for themselves. Thomas Edison spent years and large sums of money to discredit Nikolai tesla because he invented ac power and it solved every problem Edison's had trying to implement his DC power to run a a country on the brink of a industrial revolution. Just think what if these scare tactics would have delayed or stopped our country from its early development into a superpower. If we continue this path of failing at education for our kids and refusing to deal with our health care system we will continue to lose ground in our economic race with the rest of the world.
If you call being realistic based on past history "scare tactics".
I suggest you look at the National Health Service website referenced below. Most informative are the comments made by people impacted by the service and the wait times they have experienced.

From the official website:
"You have the legal right to start your NHS consultant-led treatment within a maximum of 18 weeks from referral, unless you choose to wait longer or it is clinically appropriate that you wait longer."

From the comments:

"But I have been waiting for 20 weeks now.
When called up they say it takes 26 weeks wait time"

"I would like to find out why the initial waiting times shown here bear not relationship to the time for my appointment and I would also like to say that after me paying 11% NI and my boss paying 12% NI all these years I seem to be on the broken side of a contract when you cannot even complain if you have to wait up to 18 weeks to see a consultant for an heart condition that could had killed me if I did not kick up."

"This article made me laugh. If I hadn't laughed I would have cried. I'm waiting for surgery to repair a fast growing aortic aneurysm due to having Marfan Syndrome. The 18 week waiting time is a joke. I waited 8 weeks to see surgeon which wasn't to bad. Was told that the wait would be 3+ months. I've now been waiting 32 weeks since seeing the surgeon. So that's 40 weeks since I was told I needed surgery and still no sign of operation soon."

And those comments are just from the first 3 posts, read them all and see our future if something isn't done.

http://www.nhs.uk/choiceintheNHS/Rightsandple...
What

Commerce, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

If anyone had any doubts about Obama's sorry foreign policy, the below gives a good example.

"On Tuesday, Secretary of State John Kerry reportedly called his counterpart in Egypt, Mohamed Kamel Amr. He had a question: was Amr still foreign minister? Kerry didn’t know the answer. According to a report from the Wall Street Journal, Amr “had tendered his resignation hours earlier but agreed to stay on.” Kerry wanted Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi to call new presidential elections, replace the prime minister, and bring others into his government. When Morsi said no, the coup was on.

The Journal notes,“The moment served to underscore the Obama administration's limited ability to steer events in a Middle East still being swept by political upheaval. A reconstruction of how the U.S. handled Egypt in recent months suggests that U.S. officials saw the standoff building but were unable to persuade Mr. Morsi to pull back.”

Now, the United States is viewed by the Muslim Brotherhood as the force behind Morsi’s ouster, and is viewed by the Egyptian military as an obstacle to that ouster.“We’ve managed now to alienate both sides in Egypt,” former State Department official Michele Dunne said."
you people

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

danger zone wrote:
<quoted text>
That says so much about the hate filled libs who post here. They pretend to care so much, we know better.
You people are truly full of shit. No wonder the Republican Party is going after the Hispanic vote, they have NO chance with you and your buddies.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

What wrote:
If anyone had any doubts about Obama's sorry foreign policy, the below gives a good example.
"On Tuesday, Secretary of State John Kerry reportedly called his counterpart in Egypt, Mohamed Kamel Amr. He had a question: was Amr still foreign minister? Kerry didn’t know the answer. According to a report from the Wall Street Journal, Amr “had tendered his resignation hours earlier but agreed to stay on.” Kerry wanted Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi to call new presidential elections, replace the prime minister, and bring others into his government. When Morsi said no, the coup was on.
The Journal notes,“The moment served to underscore the Obama administration's limited ability to steer events in a Middle East still being swept by political upheaval. A reconstruction of how the U.S. handled Egypt in recent months suggests that U.S. officials saw the standoff building but were unable to persuade Mr. Morsi to pull back.”
Now, the United States is viewed by the Muslim Brotherhood as the force behind Morsi’s ouster, and is viewed by the Egyptian military as an obstacle to that ouster.“We’ve managed now to alienate both sides in Egypt,” former State Department official Michele Dunne said."
Well, maybe Kerry was too busy thinking about his plans for the 4th. See links below.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23571...

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/07/05/state-d...

http://twitchy.com/2013/07/03/with-little-goi...
danger zone

Snellville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

you people wrote:
<quoted text>
You people are truly full of shit. No wonder the Republican Party is going after the Hispanic vote, they have NO chance with you and your buddies.
You are one brainless example of the Obama fanbase. This post proves just how distracted & uninformed you are.
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the great posts.
Watching your posts factually decimate our Right Wing friends' silliness is entertaining.
Watching them contradict themselves in intellectually painful contortions is even more amusing.
factually
Did you see Bushmaster come out of hidin to support the amnesty bill that is in the House? That should be proof all by itself that this bill is foul. I can't believe Bush is even riskin his neck comin into the spotlight. If I were him I'd keep a low profile. He's lucky he isn't in jail. I said I thought him and Obama were best friends. Mr. Obama probably promised Bush amnesty on the condition that he'd get his buddies to go along with the amnesty bill. Bush doesn't care if the Republican party will never win another presidential election if the bill were to pass. He's just probably tired of hidin. Ya know?
What

Commerce, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

"Obamacare called ‘The fiasco for the ages’"

"The best the Democrats can say about Obamacare is that it’s an approaching train wreck, in the memorable description of Sen. Max Baucus of Montana. Mr. Baucus was one of the authors of the legislation and now he’s hurrying home to Montana for good, anxious to avert his eyes from all the hair, teeth and eyeballs soon to be scattered along the railroad right-of-way."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jul/...
What

Commerce, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, maybe Kerry was too busy thinking about his plans for the 4th. See links below.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23571...
http://hotair.com/archives/2013/07/05/state-d...
http://twitchy.com/2013/07/03/with-little-goi...

And when has Kerry ever been known to tell the truth. He's in good company with Obama and friends.
What

Commerce, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Looks like Bush has turned into another rhino republican, or maybe he's been one all the time.

"George W. Bush to Speak on Immigration Reform."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...
Scott

Cleveland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I usually couldn't care less about whatever little moron loves to hit the clueless/nuts/disagree judgements rather than engage in discussion back and forth. However, to just be a knee jerk jackass about a story of a man who died after risking his life to successfully rescue a little girl truly hits a record low. You must be so proud.
Aggie, you just have to consider what kind of person would push those silly judgment icons as his/her only response to your post. This person saw first, your name and then your link, Fox News. This person may even be jealous of your ability to articulate your thoughts without cut and paste nor non-stop repetition. Then, there is Fox News, you know, the network that dares to question or criticize the Dear Leader, Obama.

The term "hero" is over-used in this country. The man who saved a little girl from drowning, then lost his life is a true American hero. But, there are those who believe Chris Collins, the NBA player who recently came out as gay was called a true American hero. Obama even called the guy on the phone and told him how much he admired Collin's courage and referred to him as a hero. Then there is Eric Snowden and Private Manning both of whom have been called heroes.

So, Aggie, the idiot who pushed those buttons was unwittingly paying you a compliment, a compliment which is richly deserved.
Oh my

Young Harris, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
I think its rather sad that you think it takes guts to admit to misunderstanding a sentence.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
I would say the miscommunication was my fault,
You're right it is very sad that this type of forum quickly digenerates to the level of a school yard playground, with taunts, insults, spelling and grammar corrections, and personal attacks taking the place of substantive discussion. In such an atmosphere it does take guts to admit even the smallest error because of the good chance it will be used against you, blown out of proportion, then rationalized as "Hey, it's just politics, if you can't take the heat..."
you people

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

danger zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You are one brainless example of the Obama fanbase. This post proves just how distracted & uninformed you are.
Maybe if you took the time to KNOW what the Republican Party leaders are doing you wouldn't sound so stupid. You get information from sources designed to make you happy so you will tune in. Or in the case of Mr. Broun and others telling you the fairytales you believe to get your vote. They are all feeding you a line of BS. Here is a "news" story on what the real Republican Party is thinking, don't know what they will actually do but they know they can't win on a national level dragging you and your friends along. A lot of middle of the road Republicans have bailed on the Party since the Tea Party fiasco, myself included.
What

Commerce, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right it is very sad that this type of forum quickly digenerates to the level of a school yard playground, with taunts, insults, spelling and grammar corrections, and personal attacks taking the place of substantive discussion. In such an atmosphere it does take guts to admit even the smallest error because of the good chance it will be used against you, blown out of proportion, then rationalized as "Hey, it's just politics, if you can't take the heat..."

Pot, Kettle, Black.

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
"Hey, it's just politics, if you can't take the heat..."
Well now, since you cannot, or will not, answer direct questions, it's time you take your own advice.
What

Commerce, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

you people wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if you took the time to KNOW what the Republican Party leaders are doing you wouldn't sound so stupid. You get information from sources designed to make you happy so you will tune in. Or in the case of Mr. Broun and others telling you the fairytales you believe to get your vote. They are all feeding you a line of BS. Here is a "news" story on what the real Republican Party is thinking, don't know what they will actually do but they know they can't win on a national level dragging you and your friends along. A lot of middle of the road Republicans have bailed on the Party since the Tea Party fiasco, myself included.

I've never seen anything posted from you to indicate you would be a republican(read conservative), but have seen you post many things to indicate you are a democrat(read liberal.)

What

Commerce, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
Well now, since you cannot, or will not, answer direct questions, it's time you take your own advice.

Hear, hear.
you people

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Did you see Bushmaster come out of hidin to support the amnesty bill that is in the House? That should be proof all by itself that this bill is foul. I can't believe Bush is even riskin his neck comin into the spotlight. If I were him I'd keep a low profile. He's lucky he isn't in jail. I said I thought him and Obama were best friends. Mr. Obama probably promised Bush amnesty on the condition that he'd get his buddies to go along with the amnesty bill. Bush doesn't care if the Republican party will never win another presidential election if the bill were to pass. He's just probably tired of hidin. Ya know?
Wrong, he is just using his common sense for a change, maybe trying to make up a little for ruining the economy. Its the RIGHT thing to do. You want to call it an amnesty bill when its not, that make you feel smart? Every letter you type points to the obvious conclusion as to why you dislike Mexicans. You know why and so does anyone with common sense. They go to work and work from sun up to sun down doing things Anglo's won't do anymore. They have built themselves into a community, they go to school, to church, raise their kids, pay taxes and even fight in the military for this country, and you just can't stand that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 16,521 - 16,540 of47,579
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Athens News Video

•••
•••

Athens Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Athens People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE