Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#16178 Jun 22, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>HaHa. Syn. You so dang funny.:)
HaHa Glad y'all think so.
alpha soda Mansell road

Alpharetta, GA

#16179 Jun 22, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I liked you better when you didn't post.
You think? Funny one. I never like or read your posts but I read most others. You're dumb as a crate of rocks and bully too much. Must be Napoleon complex.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#16180 Jun 22, 2013
alpha soda Mansell road wrote:
<quoted text>
You think? Funny one. I never like or read your posts but I read most others. You're dumb as a crate of rocks and bully too much. Must be Napoleon complex.
"Napoleon Complex" ain't that the one where shorter people feel inferior to taller ones- nother goodun!!(altho, being 6ft.5ins.- I kinda like it!
What

Toccoa, GA

#16181 Jun 22, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
If this topic is of any interest to anyone else, below is the first page of Cone's preface to "A Black Theology of LIberation", 1970 Edition
"The reader is entitled to know what to expect in this book. It is my contention that Christiantiy is essentially a religion of liberation.

I need go no further than the "religion of liberation."

This tells me Cone has religion and social justice mixed up in his head.
Nothing could be further from the truth, i.e. "Christianity is the redemption and salvation of souls."

jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#16182 Jun 22, 2013
What wrote:
<quoted text>
I need go no further than the "religion of liberation."
This tells me Cone has religion and social justice mixed up in his head.
Nothing could be further from the truth, i.e. "Christianity is the redemption and salvation of souls."
DO you do this kinda stuff for a living, or is it just a pastime????
What

Toccoa, GA

#16183 Jun 22, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>DO you do this kinda stuff for a living, or is it just a pastime????
Do you contribute in real life? Or is your life off topix lived in a daze?

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#16184 Jun 22, 2013
What has happened to this forum? It used to be interesting and a person could actually get information on what is going on. We had debates, pro and con, which could be spirited. We had ideas and different thoughts. It was thought provoking. It was fun.
Now it has become nothing but trash talk. No ideas, just which person can out trash talk another person. It isn't cute anymore and is juvenile.
I wonder which poster will be the first to inform me to just go away, with some new trash talk. Let me guess---hummm.
I always said if the shoe fits, wear it.

Douglasville, GA

#16185 Jun 22, 2013
Well here is an interesting article as well as a very well done news cast video.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...

The rich and powerful want these illegals in this county given amnesty. Cheap labor which drives wages down. The others want to squander the billions of dollars in money that will be allotted for border security.
Simple fix. Make sure employers do not hire illegals. If they do they will get a large fine for each illegal employee that is found working for them. A reward would be given to each person in the general public for each employer turned in and found guilty for such violations.
Employers would stop hiring them.
Also no illegals would be eligible for free medical care, food stamps, housing or any type of government benefits.
The illegal alien problem would then be solved as they would return to their own country where they belong. That doesn't mean that we don't defend our borders against people that wish to enter illegally. Drug smugglers and terrorist are also on that list.
This would immediately free up 8 million American jobs. These are figures given by the government. It would also help raise the pay of every American. It would also save the state, local, and federal governments billions of dollars that are being spent on these people at this time.
Temporary guest workers would be allowed in and people that wanted to come to this country could do so by normal lawful means.
If you guys have more or better ideas then post them.
What

Toccoa, GA

#16186 Jun 22, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
What has happened to this forum? It used to be interesting and a person could actually get information on what is going on. We had debates, pro and con, which could be spirited. We had ideas and different thoughts. It was thought provoking. It was fun.
Now it has become nothing but trash talk. No ideas, just which person can out trash talk another person. It isn't cute anymore and is juvenile.
I wonder which poster will be the first to inform me to just go away, with some new trash talk. Let me guess---hummm.

Has it really changed??

It took 2 years and 5 months for this
thread to reach 225 pages.

It's taken only 3 months to go from page 225 to
the present page of 774. That's one page short
of 550 pages in just 3 months.

A copy of a post from Dec 18,2012 for reference.

Dec 18, 2012

Chicknbutt wrote:
<quoted text>
In YOUR poorly formed opinion. But WHAT IF YOU"RE WRONG??? HUH?>?
WHAT THEN??? Oh NOES!!!!

Synergy responds,

You offered NOTHING of substance. Just insults. I rest my case.
(See how you dish it, but you don't want to take it.
This post is a PRIME example.)

You STILL never answered that question even though it was asked
of you several times. Typical.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#16187 Jun 22, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
Well here is an interesting article as well as a very well done news cast video.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...
The rich and powerful want these illegals in this county given amnesty. Cheap labor which drives wages down. The others want to squander the billions of dollars in money that will be allotted for border security.
Simple fix. Make sure employers do not hire illegals. If they do they will get a large fine for each illegal employee that is found working for them. A reward would be given to each person in the general public for each employer turned in and found guilty for such violations.
Employers would stop hiring them.
Also no illegals would be eligible for free medical care, food stamps, housing or any type of government benefits.
The illegal alien problem would then be solved as they would return to their own country where they belong. That doesn't mean that we don't defend our borders against people that wish to enter illegally. Drug smugglers and terrorist are also on that list.
This would immediately free up 8 million American jobs. These are figures given by the government. It would also help raise the pay of every American. It would also save the state, local, and federal governments billions of dollars that are being spent on these people at this time.
Temporary guest workers would be allowed in and people that wanted to come to this country could do so by normal lawful means.
If you guys have more or better ideas then post them.
My only thought on immigration is that any bill that does not first secure the border is nothing but smoke and mirrors to grant amnesty. I do not know if the Cornyn amendment was the answer - fully operational E-verify, quantifiable goals for the border, 90% apprehension rate, etc. But it at least demanded border security before any legalization began. That of course got killed.
The amendment your link referenced is worthless, as was noted.

If Republicans would simply demand true border security first before consideration of any immigration reform, then we would know they were serious. But as long as you have the likes of McCain and Graham with their wishy-washy RINO mentalities to lead the charge to caving in, we're sunk in the Senate. And at this time, Rubio has destroyed any credibility he had with me to be a true conservative.

As I referenced earlier, the CBO has reported that if the immigration bill passes as is, illegal immigration will be reduced at most 25%- how does that come any where near solving the problem - answer - it doesn't. Frankly, it isn't intended to IMHO.

Secure the border first - after all, that 700 mile double fence that was already passed and paid for currently stands at 36 miles completed - that is how committed to border security this administration is. And what about the Senate - an amendment that would have required that half that fence be completed before any legalization occurred was also killed in the Senate. I repeat, an amendment that would have merely required that half of a fence be completed before legalization -that has already been voted on, passed and had money allocated for - was DEFEATED in the Senate - with the help of our little Republicans - McCain, Graham, Rubio, Flake and Murkowski.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#16188 Jun 22, 2013
What wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you contribute in real life? Or is your life off topix lived in a daze?
are you trying to invite me to something? Sorry, but I am spoken for. Besides, do you contribute anywhere, to anything.

Douglasville, GA

#16189 Jun 22, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
My only thought on immigration is that any bill that does not first secure the border is nothing but smoke and mirrors to grant amnesty. I do not know if the Cornyn amendment was the answer - fully operational E-verify, quantifiable goals for the border, 90% apprehension rate, etc. But it at least demanded border security before any legalization began. That of course got killed.
The amendment your link referenced is worthless, as was noted.
If Republicans would simply demand true border security first before consideration of any immigration reform, then we would know they were serious. But as long as you have the likes of McCain and Graham with their wishy-washy RINO mentalities to lead the charge to caving in, we're sunk in the Senate. And at this time, Rubio has destroyed any credibility he had with me to be a true conservative.
As I referenced earlier, the CBO has reported that if the immigration bill passes as is, illegal immigration will be reduced at most 25%- how does that come any where near solving the problem - answer - it doesn't. Frankly, it isn't intended to IMHO.
Secure the border first - after all, that 700 mile double fence that was already passed and paid for currently stands at 36 miles completed - that is how committed to border security this administration is. And what about the Senate - an amendment that would have required that half that fence be completed before any legalization occurred was also killed in the Senate. I repeat, an amendment that would have merely required that half of a fence be completed before legalization -that has already been voted on, passed and had money allocated for - was DEFEATED in the Senate - with the help of our little Republicans - McCain, Graham, Rubio, Flake and Murkowski.
Your for a bill if the borders are secured. Our borders should already be secured regardless. Border security is just another talking point to confuse the American people and the whole immigration issue. Well that is never going to happen and you know it. The only way to defuse the whole thing is to force the government to obey the laws on the books now. We need to start all over and not allow Illegal aliens to take American jobs or American government benefits.
The illegals that are now here are criminals as they purposely entered this country illegally. It is said that they just wanted a better life and to have some wealth. Well so does a bank robber. They are both criminals. People will say that the illegals just want to feed their poor family. Well so do some bank robbers. Would it be less of a crime if the robber robbed a Seven Eleven convenience store instead of a bank? It is still a crime.
The government has been using the 11 million illegal alien numbers for the last 20 years. Anyone with common sense knows that these figures are not true. There have been many reports of late that say 30 to 40 million illegal aliens are now in this country.
All this immigration bill is for is to make 30 to 40 million illegal aliens legal. Why not be honest about it and just say that? If the politicians did,they know the public would not approve of it
I am against any immigration bill and want these illegal aliens to go back to their country and enter the United States legally and abide by the U.S. immigration laws. They are no better than any other person from any other country in the world that wishes to become a U.S. citizen. Many are Mexican and other Latin American countries but there are also people from many other countries here illegally. Makes no difference to me.
Politicians need to quit sugar coating the whole issue and stop acting like they are trying to help the poor down trodden. They are helping themselves and big business.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#16190 Jun 22, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
Dave, I do see your point, but again I take exception. This thread has been off-topic for the past 6-8 mos. But I think that if you go back and review the evidence, you will find that it is no 'nastier' now than it was then- check it out.

Douglasville, GA

#16191 Jun 22, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>Dave, I do see your point, but again I take exception. This thread has been off-topic for the past 6-8 mos. But I think that if you go back and review the evidence, you will find that it is no 'nastier' now than it was then- check it out.
It just had much more substance and thought put into the post.
It has been off the original post forever but it has been a interesting exchange of many ideas and topics by many different people.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#16192 Jun 22, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It just had much more substance and thought put into the post.
It has been off the original post forever but it has been a interesting exchange of many ideas and topics by many different people.
agree, somewhat.

Douglasville, GA

#16193 Jun 22, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>agree, somewhat.
Is that like kind of, sort of?
People were always smarta**es usually in jest and almost never had anyone kicked off Topix. I very seldom ever got mean with anyone unless they really provoked me. After all this is just a forum of words and ideas. Humor is welcome.
Just swapping insults back and forth with no topic gets boring really quick.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#16194 Jun 22, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that like kind of, sort of?
People were always smarta**es usually in jest and almost never had anyone kicked off Topix. I very seldom ever got mean with anyone unless they really provoked me. After all this is just a forum of words and ideas. Humor is welcome.
Just swapping insults back and forth with no topic gets boring really quick.
it was not meant as any sort of insult. Just meant to agree with you, in part.

Douglasville, GA

#16195 Jun 22, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>it was not meant as any sort of insult. Just meant to agree with you, in part.
I fully understood. I never thought that it was a insult. Quit worrying. I am probably cooler than you think.

Douglasville, GA

#16196 Jun 22, 2013
This is what happens to your privacy rights if you don't protect them. Australia should have a revolution to stop this abuse.
http://www.infowars.com/86240/
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#16197 Jun 22, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I fully understood. I never thought that it was a insult. Quit worrying. I am probably cooler than you think.
just one more example, I know a beautiful young lady that reads this forum daily(maybe even hourly) and yet has never posted(once or twice) even though she may the smartest person that I have ever met. She just tries to protect me. Imagine that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Athens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
belk bowl Dec 8 carrollton connec... 1
pendergrass or j&j. which is best to sell at Nov 28 right 2
American jailed over photo in Emirates back home Nov 20 USA Today 1
Review: Play Palace Daycare Nov '14 Misty419906 1
Athens Clarke County like 3rd World Country (May '14) Nov '14 Nottaphagg Patel 4
Precision Tune auto-Business from HELL!!! Nov '14 AngryConsumer 1
David Perdue wants to TRICK you into voting for... Nov '14 concerned taxpayer 1

Athens News Video

Athens Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Athens People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Athens News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Athens

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]