Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
rename

Dahlonega, GA

#52766 Aug 6, 2014
silverfox wrote:
<quoted text>He's all about the Koch brothers, he scrolled right by the Soros - Sierra Leone trade & investment video. Not surprised, he'd rather talk about squirrels & shacks.
You've got the dummy's number alright....he keeps looking everywhere, even my shack, for the Koch brothers....

Neither does the chicken little know we may be the brothers....

We can always reply,

BOO! Kocha again....

rename

Dahlonega, GA

#52767 Aug 6, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>"Even with the Beijing ban, coal use is expected to soar in China."

And now for the rest of the story:

"BEIJING, Jan 8 2014 (Reuters)- China approved the construction of more than 100 million tonnes of new coal production capacity in 2013 - six times more than a year earlier and equal to 10 percent of U.S. annual usage - flying in the face of plans to tackle choking air pollution."

"The scale of the increase, which only includes major mines, reflects Beijing's aim to put 860 million tonnes of new coal production capacity into operation over the five years to 2015, more than the entire annual output of India."

"According to data compiled by Reuters, the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC), China's top planning authority, approved the construction of 15 new large-scale coal mines with 101.3 million tonnes of annual capacity in 2013."

"While expanding output at such bases, China has shut more than 300 million tonnes of old capacity in the last decade, but critics say new mines are rapidly outpacing closures and the policy merely shifts China's environmental problems elsewhere."

"The 2011-2015 plan said around 860 million tonnes of new coal production capacity will be brought into operation, as well as 300 more gigawatts of coal-fired power, twice the total generation capacity of Germany."

"We estimate China's total coal production capacity will be 4.7 billion tonnes by 2015 - I think the government figure is a big underestimation."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/08/chin...

@ chickenButt.....

BOO!!! Kocha again ....

ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#52768 Aug 6, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Even with the Beijing ban, coal use is expected to soar in China."
And now for the rest of the story:
"BEIJING, Jan 8 2014 (Reuters)- China approved the construction of more than 100 million tonnes of new coal production capacity in 2013 - six times more than a year earlier and equal to 10 percent of U.S. annual usage - flying in the face of plans to tackle choking air pollution."
"The scale of the increase, which only includes major mines, reflects Beijing's aim to put 860 million tonnes of new coal production capacity into operation over the five years to 2015, more than the entire annual output of India."
"According to data compiled by Reuters, the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC), China's top planning authority, approved the construction of 15 new large-scale coal mines with 101.3 million tonnes of annual capacity in 2013."
"While expanding output at such bases, China has shut more than 300 million tonnes of old capacity in the last decade, but critics say new mines are rapidly outpacing closures and the policy merely shifts China's environmental problems elsewhere."
"The 2011-2015 plan said around 860 million tonnes of new coal production capacity will be brought into operation, as well as 300 more gigawatts of coal-fired power, twice the total generation capacity of Germany."
"We estimate China's total coal production capacity will be 4.7 billion tonnes by 2015 - I think the government figure is a big underestimation."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/08/chin...
What you posted is what China said in January. What I posted is what China said this week. It looks like they changed their minds, doesn't it?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#52769 Aug 6, 2014
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand the prebate just fine there, Azzholio.
You failed to pick up some nuances in the original post, and got such a bulge in your trousers when you thought you could go off about taxes that I was far too disgusted to bother correcting you.
Work on those social skills and your reading comprehension. Maybe you should leave those fairy-tales you keep reading on IJ Review behind and try something a bit more challenging that deals with reality.
"I understand the prebate just fine there..."

Bull$shit Pepsi-poo. You're entitled to your own (clueless and uneducated opinion), but not your own facts.

"You failed to pick up some nuances in the original post..."

Wrong again, Pepsi-poo. You made an incorrect statement and got corrected. You got caught (again) opining on stuff you know very little about. Perhaps you could learn from it, probably not, it would limit your posts in this thread and mess up your chance for interacting with people not restricted to porch.

"Work on those social skills and your reading comprehension."

Pot. Kettle. Black. BTW, work on posting regarding stuff you actually understand. You won't get embarrassed so often.

Location hidden

#52770 Aug 6, 2014
Jemima wrote:
<quoted text>
These conic complainers posting here are all on Medicare. I had Blue Cross and Blue Shield for 15 years. Started with a $500 deductible and $350 monthly premium. From the beginning it went up every year from 35% to a whopping 63% one year. Had a health issue in the 8th year with Blue Cross and couldn't change companies, then they really turned up the heat, last rate increase the premium was $1430, with a $10,000 deductible on the same lousy policy. Just Medicare my self, its dirt cheap thanks to the working people who keep it going. A drug with my $1430 a month premium with Blue Cross and Blue Shield cost me $85, now on the old folks drug program funded by todays workers that same drug just cost me $10. Blue Cross and Blue Shield sucks, but not as much as the morons who don't understand Obama's heath care plan. If I had not been so close to the age for old folks cheap insurance I would have signed up with Obama Care and got better insurance for $500 dollars a month LESS. One southern state, can't think of which one it was, not GA. for sure. They were in the news just a day or two ago. But they did what most states were supposed to do, open their on health care exchange. They being in the south decided not to call it Obama Care or the Affordable Care act or anything else that would make people think of Obama. It has been a huge success, proving we have more going on here in the south than politics.
WTF is a "conic complainer"? Someone that complains about certain types of math problems?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#52771 Aug 6, 2014
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
What you posted is what China said in January. What I posted is what China said this week. It looks like they changed their minds, doesn't it?
You're not serious, are you? The information I posted was from their long term plans, it mentioned the closing of some older facilities while opening up new ones. Your article was ONLY about closing some of the plants in the BEIJING area and even stated that "Even with the Beijing ban, coal use is expected to soar in China." You did read the whole thing, right?

Location hidden

#52772 Aug 6, 2014
Doo wrote:
<quoted text>
The way it think is that the President (Obama) was elected twice by the people fair and square. Others that didn't get their way because they were out voted should recognize the majority of Americans want Obama to rule the Nation. Thus your question should be answered by this very simple statement. Winners win and losers lose whether it be in Las Vegas or and election. Losers usually go home because they lost. Losers should realize they lost and act like an adult. Losers should change their agenda that made them lose the last time. If you don't change your agenda or in fact make even a worse agenda to try to sell the public with lies and distortions makes it even worse. Look closely at the next elections and see which way most Americans want the Country to go. If you didn't learn anything last election, then maybe this time you will.
What losers are you referring to? The 234 Republicans who WON their seats in the House of Representatives? The 45 Republicans who WON their Senatorial seats? The WINNERS who came to DC with a responsibility to their constituents who voted AGAINST Obama's agenda? Those WINNERS?

Location hidden

#52773 Aug 6, 2014
Jemima wrote:
<quoted text>
These conic complainers posting here are all on Medicare. I had Blue Cross and Blue Shield for 15 years. Started with a $500 deductible and $350 monthly premium. From the beginning it went up every year from 35% to a whopping 63% one year. Had a health issue in the 8th year with Blue Cross and couldn't change companies, then they really turned up the heat, last rate increase the premium was $1430, with a $10,000 deductible on the same lousy policy. Just Medicare my self, its dirt cheap thanks to the working people who keep it going. A drug with my $1430 a month premium with Blue Cross and Blue Shield cost me $85, now on the old folks drug program funded by todays workers that same drug just cost me $10. Blue Cross and Blue Shield sucks, but not as much as the morons who don't understand Obama's heath care plan. If I had not been so close to the age for old folks cheap insurance I would have signed up with Obama Care and got better insurance for $500 dollars a month LESS. One southern state, can't think of which one it was, not GA. for sure. They were in the news just a day or two ago. But they did what most states were supposed to do, open their on health care exchange. They being in the south decided not to call it Obama Care or the Affordable Care act or anything else that would make people think of Obama. It has been a huge success, proving we have more going on here in the south than politics.
"These conic complainers posting here are all on Medicare." That opening sentence is all one needs to read to know that there is no point reading the rest of the post - it is pure garbage.

Location hidden

#52774 Aug 6, 2014
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
This is he second time you've mentioned Ebola, just wondering, are you planning on exchanging bodily fluids with an infected host any time soon ?
So just how did those two Samaritan's Purse medical practitioners contract the virus? One would presume they are well versed in the protocols to prevent infection and yet they were infected. That should be a cause for concern for any rational person.

Location hidden

#52775 Aug 6, 2014
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Just following the links in that piece of Daily Kos crap...
http://web.archive.org/web/20110204112428/htt...
Several anti-environmentalists have claimed that public concern over the effects of DDT after the publication of Rachel Carson's Silent Spring led to a ban on the pesticide in some third world countries in the 1960s. This ban, it is claimed, led to a resurgence in malaria, resulting in thousands of deaths. But in accounts of the war on malaria, such as in Laurie Garrett's The Coming Plague, it is clear that the suspension of spraying programs was unrelated to any environmental concerns. In fact, DDT continued to be the insecticide of choice in the battle against malaria as recently as 1994, some 30 years after the alleged ban, in areas where it was still effective (Curtis).
...There were suspensions in the spraying programs, but they were not the result of any "environmental hysteria". To understand what actually happened, it is necessary to learn about the realities of pesticide use. One of the major problems with using pesticides is that insect populations soon develop resistance to the chemicals. Insects resistant to DDT began appearing one year after its first public health use (Garrett, page 50). As new insecticides were introduced, resistance to them also developed. Much of Silent Spring is a cataloging of reports of resistance to insecticides.
….(deleted for space)
…. As early as 1967 it was clear that the effort had failed, and in 1972 the official policy shifted from eradication to control of malaria1967 it was clear that the effort had failed, and in 1972 the official policy shifted from eradication to control of mala.
"Some anti-environmentalists" - hmmm, so questioning the wisdom in banning DDT amounts to anti-environmentalism - typical leftist hyperbole, so the author's credibility is already in question

"led to a resurgence resulting in thousands of deaths" - thousands?, try millions - as reported by the World Health Organization approx 1 million die from malaria a year. Another whack at the author's credibility.

If DDT use was already being scaled back due to "insect resistance", why was the Environmental Defense Fund founded in 1967 with the express purpose of banning DDT. I already noted the complete bias shown by the EPA director Ruskleshaus who himself was a member of the EDF - can anyone say "conflict of interest" when he overturned the judge who actually HEARD the testimony of experts and ruled the evidence was not there to support a ban of DDT. This same Ruskleshaus who solicited donations for the EDF.

Interesting that the author failed to mention another HUGE reason that DDT use was curtailed - donor organizations refused to contribute money for malaria prevention if DDT was used. So countries that were dependent upon donations and grants to PAY for malaria preventive measures had no choice but to use other, less effective means since they couldn't pay for DDT themselves.(i.e. USAID, UN Development Programme, NORAD, and SIDA - per Malaria World Internationale)

Finally, if environmentalists really had so little to do with the banning/scaling back of DDT, why do they consistently tout it as either a huge environmental victory or an ongoing struggle?(EDF, Sierra Club, WWF, and so on)
rename

Dahlonega, GA

#52777 Aug 7, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>So just how did those two Samaritan's Purse medical practitioners contract the virus? One would presume they are well versed in the protocols to prevent infection and yet they were infected. That should be a cause for concern for any rational person.
Oh my is not a rational person..... She's a dingbat.....

Dewy

Mountain View, CA

#52779 Aug 7, 2014
Micah 3:11-12 NKJV
Her heads judge for a bribe, Her priests teach for pay, And her prophets divine for money. Yet they lean on the LORD, and say, "Is not the LORD among us? No harm can come upon us." [12] Therefore because of you Zion shall be plowed like a field, Jerusalem shall become heaps of ruins, And the mountain of the temple Like the bare hills of the forest.
rename

Dahlonega, GA

#52780 Aug 7, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>"Some anti-environmentalists" - hmmm, so questioning the wisdom in banning DDT amounts to anti-environmentalism - typical leftist hyperbole, so the author's credibility is already in question

"led to a resurgence resulting in thousands of deaths" - thousands?, try millions - as reported by the World Health Organization approx 1 million die from malaria a year. Another whack at the author's credibility.

If DDT use was already being scaled back due to "insect resistance", why was the Environmental Defense Fund founded in 1967 with the express purpose of banning DDT. I already noted the complete bias shown by the EPA director Ruskleshaus who himself was a member of the EDF - can anyone say "conflict of interest" when he overturned the judge who actually HEARD the testimony of experts and ruled the evidence was not there to support a ban of DDT. This same Ruskleshaus who solicited donations for the EDF.

Interesting that the author failed to mention another HUGE reason that DDT use was curtailed - donor organizations refused to contribute money for malaria prevention if DDT was used. So countries that were dependent upon donations and grants to PAY for malaria preventive measures had no choice but to use other, less effective means since they couldn't pay for DDT themselves.(i.e. USAID, UN Development Programme, NORAD, and SIDA - per Malaria World Internationale)

Finally, if environmentalists really had so little to do with the banning/scaling back of DDT, why do they consistently tout it as either a huge environmental victory or an ongoing struggle?(EDF, Sierra Club, WWF, and so on)

Has anyone noticed the mosquito population has increased tenfold this year??? No DDT allowed....

I'm sure many folks will catch the disease known as libroiditis.......

Symptoms include foggy brains, dead brains, and leaking body fluids that eventually cause body death....

Back in the days of the "dark ages" it was known as the "effort to irradiate stupid", but failed due to idiots running around claiming they needed health care , which included bleeding, exorcism, and burning witches at the stake....something that might work today on Libroids.....

Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#52781 Aug 7, 2014
rename wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
A report of Libroids conspiring to put forth Libroids views on many news sources ....
1,000 is the number....
Holy Smokes,
people of like minds freely assembling,
it's the END OF AMERICA !!!!!!!!

Wingnuts Expose Leftist Google Group Before It Can Conquer America
by Gary Legum
Aug 06 9:42 am 2014
http://wonkette.com/556337/wingnuts-expose-le...

Pity the poor wingnuts. They worked so hard to bust ACORN into a million pieces and salt the earth so no part of it would ever grow back. Little did they know that the Progressive Menace was just using ACORN as a distraction while it rebuilt the most fearsome of all anti-American organizations dedicated to spreading leftist propaganda like the Ebola virus: JournoList, which has been reconstituted as a closed Google Group called Gamechanger Salon. And the conservative website Mediatrackers.org is ON IT.

...Congrats to Mediatrackers.org for this shocking discovery that reporters who cover the left wing of American politics might want to interact with activists of that wing in order to find out and report on what the left wing is actually doing. We look forward to the group’s next big scoopy scoop that the sun sets in the west.

Location hidden

#52782 Aug 7, 2014
for those with libroiditis that think the HOR isn't doing anything...

http://chicksontheright.com/posts/item/26259-...
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#52783 Aug 7, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
The WINNERS who came to DC with a responsibility to their constituents who voted AGAINST Obama's agenda?
Do you think those folks were voting for this...

More than likely just a vote for Go Team Go !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_fe...
S&P rationale for the downgrade
On August 5, 2011, representatives from S&P announced the company's decision to give its first-ever downgrade to U.S. sovereign debt, lowering the rating one notch to "AA+", with a negative outlook.

Governance and policy-making stability
S&P was direct in its criticism of the governance and policy-making process, which took the U.S. to the brink of default as part of the 2011 U.S. debt-ceiling crisis that same week:

"More broadly, the downgrade reflects our view that the effectiveness, stability, and predictability of American policymaking and political institutions have weakened at a time of ongoing fiscal and economic challenges to a degree more than we envisioned when we assigned a negative outlook to the rating on April 18, 2011. Since then, we have changed our view of the difficulties in bridging the gulf between the political parties over fiscal policy, which makes us pessimistic about the capacity of Congress and the Administration to be able to leverage their agreement this week into a broader fiscal consolidation plan that stabilizes the government's debt dynamics any time soon."

"The political brinksmanship of recent months highlights what we see as America's governance and policymaking becoming less stable, less effective, and less predictable than what we previously believed. The statutory debt ceiling and the threat of default have become political bargaining chips in the debate over fiscal policy. Despite this year's wide-ranging debate, in our view, the differences between political parties have proven to be extraordinarily difficult to bridge, and, as we see it, the resulting agreement fell well short of the comprehensive fiscal consolidation program that some proponents had envisaged until quite recently. Republicans and Democrats have only been able to agree to relatively modest savings on discretionary spending while delegating to the Select Committee decisions on more comprehensive measures. It appears that for now, new revenues have dropped down on the menu of policy options. In addition, the plan envisions only minor policy changes on Medicare and little change in other entitlements, the containment of which we and most other independent observers regard as key to long-term fiscal sustainability."
Jemima

Clarkesville, GA

#52784 Aug 7, 2014
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
"I understand the prebate just fine there..."
Bull$shit Pepsi-poo. You're entitled to your own (clueless and uneducated opinion), but not your own facts.
"You failed to pick up some nuances in the original post..."
Wrong again, Pepsi-poo. You made an incorrect statement and got corrected. You got caught (again) opining on stuff you know very little about. Perhaps you could learn from it, probably not, it would limit your posts in this thread and mess up your chance for interacting with people not restricted to porch.
"Work on those social skills and your reading comprehension."
Pot. Kettle. Black. BTW, work on posting regarding stuff you actually understand. You won't get embarrassed so often.
Off your meds again and drinking coffee like its the cool aid from FNC. The ramblings of a clueless moron getting weirder every day.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#52785 Aug 7, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
So just how did those two Samaritan's Purse medical practitioners contract the virus? One would presume they are well versed in the protocols to prevent infection and yet they were infected. That should be a cause for concern for any rational person.
Uhmmm, one would presume that the protocols broke down, perhaps if one looked at the environment that the protocols were being implemented under one would better understand that well versed does not translate into well implemented day after day, hour after hour, minute after minute. Perhaps a rational person might consider that those on the scene may have been overwhelmed while working under less than ideal conditions, while trying to maintain well versed protocols.

Or a fear monger might not consider any of this.
Jemima

Clarkesville, GA

#52786 Aug 7, 2014
Bill in Dville wrote:
for those with libroiditis that think the HOR isn't doing anything...
http://chicksontheright.com/posts/item/26259-...
At it again, scouring the bowels of the internet for the little pieces of poo that makes you smile! Try counting your toes he next time you feel the need for deep thought.
rename

Dahlonega, GA

#52787 Aug 7, 2014
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>Holy Smokes,
people of like minds freely assembling,
it's the END OF AMERICA !!!!!!!!

Wingnuts Expose Leftist Google Group Before It Can Conquer America
by Gary Legum
Aug 06 9:42 am 2014
http://wonkette.com/556337/wingnuts-expose-le...

Pity the poor wingnuts. They worked so hard to bust ACORN into a million pieces and salt the earth so no part of it would ever grow back. Little did they know that the Progressive Menace was just using ACORN as a distraction while it rebuilt the most fearsome of all anti-American organizations dedicated to spreading leftist propaganda like the Ebola virus: JournoList, which has been reconstituted as a closed Google Group called Gamechanger Salon. And the conservative website Mediatrackers.org is ON IT.

...Congrats to Mediatrackers.org for this shocking discovery that reporters who cover the left wing of American politics might want to interact with activists of that wing in order to find out and report on what the left wing is actually doing. We look forward to the group’s next big scoopy scoop that the sun sets in the west.

Yep....those idiots of like mind who persuade idiots like you with slanted leftist views, who then lay claim to being "know it all" dingbats....we conservatives know differently,,,we prove you wrong everytime with our brilliant posts.....

we conservatives know a dingbat is only a left wing nut for a left sided seesaw that sits on its arse, tilts the saw with a bunch of fat arses, and parasites off others....

Short term is blood suckers....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Athens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
class discrimination in athens clarke county ge... Aug 19 wjabbe 2
House for sale! 450 Millstone Circle, Athens, ... Jul '16 Guest 2
Michelle Hampton aka Michelle Veal aka Heather ... Jul '16 Roxgotnumber7 4
Snapchat slutty uga girls Jun '16 Pigcorkio 4
News Athens man nearly hit police car and fled Jun '16 DisgruntledAthens... 1
Precision Tune auto-Business from HELL!!! (Nov '14) May '16 greg 2
unfair non unified government of athens clarke ... May '16 wjabbe 5

Athens Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance