Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Cbutt

Douglasville, GA

#52185 Jul 31, 2014
The way Republicans roll...

When a very pregnant Felicia Allen applied for medical leave from her job at Hobby Lobby three years ago, one might think that the company best known for denying its employees insurance coverage of certain contraceptives—on the false grounds that they cause abortions—would show equal concern for helping one of its employees when she learned she was pregnant.

Instead, Allen says the self-professed evangelical Christian arts-and-crafts chain fired her and then tried to prevent her from accessing unemployment benefits.

“They didn’t even want me to come back after having my baby, to provide for it,” she says.

Her allegations—as well as those brought by other former Hobby Lobby employees—call into question the company’s public claims when it comes to protecting life and operating its business with Christian values. Additionally, they highlight a practice by which Hobby Lobby prevents its employees from seeking justice through the courts.

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#52186 Jul 31, 2014
Cbutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha.. You lost the election. And the next election. You're a sore lose who wishes America ill will. Just that simple.
No, I'm just a guy who believes we deserve better then what Obamadrama, brought to you by the LWLD's, is giving us.
jeb stuart

Fitzgerald, GA

#52187 Jul 31, 2014
silverfox wrote:
<quoted text>
We can be chugging along without jeb for weeks, the instant he creeps out, he's in hateful attack mode. ALWAYS! It's usually directed toward Bill, you, me, General, or ANYone who disagrees with him.
......I take that as a compliment, thanks! lol

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#52188 Jul 31, 2014
Cbutt wrote:
Republicans and logic just don't mix.
http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/...
Logic, the LWLD's worst enemy.
jeb stuart

Fitzgerald, GA

#52189 Jul 31, 2014
rename wrote:
<quoted text>
I resent you comparing your stupid self with me....I am a fine poster that brings many subjects to the forum with plenty of meat to satisfy the hungry for knowledge and to afflict the idiots with stomach cramps.....
....you must have misread the post! If I really thought that I was anything like you then I would blow my damn brains out!
Cbutt

Douglasville, GA

#52190 Jul 31, 2014
Alabama state officials: We won’t comply with the EPA because God gave us coal

Alabama state officials say that EPA carbon standards violate God's law. Seriously.

On Tuesday, Alabama state officials said they refused to comply with the EPA’s new carbon pollution measures because God gave them coal.

I mean… what?

Alabama.com reports:

At their news conference today Cavanaugh and PSC commissioner-elect Chip Beeker invoked the name of God in stating their opposition to the EPA proposal. Beeker, a Republican who is running unopposed for a PSC seat, said coal was created in Alabama by God, and the federal government should not enact policy that runs counter to God’s plan.

“Who has the right to take what God’s given a state?” he said.

The press conference was held in response the EPA’s June announcement regarding new measures that would reduce carbon emissions. The EPA mandate aims to decrease national emissions 30 percent by 2030, and would force Alabama alone to reduce its emissions by 27 percent from 2012 levels.

The state is heavily reliant on its coal industry: Alabama Power Co. has six coal-fired plants throughout the state and earned over $5.18 billion in revenue in 2013.

“We will not stand for what they are doing to our way of life in Alabama,” said the organization’s President Twinkle Andress Cavanaugh.“I hope all the citizens of Alabama will be in prayer that the right thing will be done.”
----------
If we’re splitting hairs, I don’t think God gave Alabama that coal supply. I actually think that a large patch of Earth had a bunch of organic material that was subsequently highly compressed and buried and eventually converted into peat, which then was covered in rock and sandstone, compressed and heated up at such extreme pressures and over such a long time (approximately 300 million years) that it became coal. By chance.
----------

Idiot Red-State politics. It's amazing how many dumbasses make it to positions of power and influence in this country.
jeb stuart

Fitzgerald, GA

#52191 Jul 31, 2014
rename wrote:
<quoted text>
I resent you comparing your stupid self with me....I am a fine poster that brings many subjects to the forum with plenty of meat to satisfy the hungry for knowledge and to afflict the idiots with stomach cramps.....
Who sez? Obviously, you have an exaggerated sense of your own importance, that is typical among narcissists !!

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#52192 Jul 31, 2014
Cbutt wrote:
The way Republicans roll...
When a very pregnant Felicia Allen applied for medical leave from her job at Hobby Lobby three years ago, one might think that the company best known for denying its employees insurance coverage of certain contraceptives—on the false grounds that they cause abortions—would show equal concern for helping one of its employees when she learned she was pregnant.
Instead, Allen says the self-professed evangelical Christian arts-and-crafts chain fired her and then tried to prevent her from accessing unemployment benefits.
“They didn’t even want me to come back after having my baby, to provide for it,” she says.
Her allegations—as well as those brought by other former Hobby Lobby employees—call into question the company’s public claims when it comes to protecting life and operating its business with Christian values. Additionally, they highlight a practice by which Hobby Lobby prevents its employees from seeking justice through the courts.
Were any laws broken here?

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#52193 Jul 31, 2014
John Christy is an Alabama State Climatologist and called the regulations “all cost and no benefit” to the state as well as the country. According to Christy, the regulations would cut back on carbon emissions by about 27 percent in Alabama. He believes that will have no impact on climate change and that Co2 emissions are not a threat.

“In terms of science, I don’t think they (the EPA) have it right,” Christy said.“The amount of danger the nation and the world will experience from Co2 emissions is relatively minor and even if you do cut the Co2, it won’t have any impact on the climate anyway.”

Alabama sells 45 percent of the electricity it produces to other states. If the proposed regulations are passed Alabama could lose that export, see higher electricity prices and be forced to lay of thousands of coal workers.

http://www.waff.com/story/26141843/governor-s...

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#52194 Jul 31, 2014
Cbutt wrote:
It's amazing how many dumbasses make it to positions of power and influence in this country.
Case in point; Obama.
jeb stuart

Fitzgerald, GA

#52195 Jul 31, 2014
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
Longstreet, Stuart, and Alexander. The three of them, all late and hesitant with their actions. Trimble and Pettigrew were no help either.
Y'know, this is one subject that I may actually enjoy discussing with you. You are correct about Longstreet and Stuart( although Stuart had no specific orders), but Alexander was not "late or hesitant", the reasons that the confederate artillery barrage was ineffective was no fault of his own. I agree with what Gen. Ewell said, years after the battle, "There were enough mistakes to go around, and God knows, I made my share".
rename

Clarkesville, GA

#52196 Jul 31, 2014
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>....you must have misread the post! If I really thought that I was anything like you then I would blow my damn brains out!
Your do stupid ,,, you would shoot your toe off....,


BTW...what brains,,,,

silverfox

Ocilla, GA

#52197 Jul 31, 2014
silverfox wrote:
<quoted text>
We can be chugging along without jeb for weeks, the instant he creeps out, he's in hateful attack mode. ALWAYS! It's usually directed toward Bill, you, me, General, or ANYone who disagrees with him.
Then, you're welcome.... I just wish we could all be somewhat civil. Dreams are good, I guess. Lol

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#52198 Jul 31, 2014
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>Y'know, this is one subject that I may actually enjoy discussing with you. You are correct about Longstreet and Stuart( although Stuart had no specific orders), but Alexander was not "late or hesitant", the reasons that the confederate artillery barrage was ineffective was no fault of his own. I agree with what Gen. Ewell said, years after the battle, "There were enough mistakes to go around, and God knows, I made my share".
Mistakes were committed by both the union and Confederate forces. Hell, in the first few days of the war, had the South had better scouting, they would have steamrolled right through the union forces at Bull Run and Manassas, continuing all the way to D.C. The war would have been over long before it ever really got started. Scouting, without Stuart when expected, hurt the CSA the most at Gettysburg. Stuart was considered the best at scouting and estimating position and number of enemy forces.
jeb stuart

Fitzgerald, GA

#52199 Jul 31, 2014
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>Y'know, this is one subject that I may actually enjoy discussing with you. You are correct about Longstreet and Stuart( although Stuart had no specific orders), but Alexander was not "late or hesitant", the reasons that the confederate artillery barrage was ineffective was no fault of his own. I agree with what Gen. Ewell said, years after the battle, "There were enough mistakes to go around, and God knows, I made my share".
One thing that most people don't understand about Gettysburg, it was a three-day battle and the confederates won the first two days. Lee's blood was up and he could sense victory. I believe that his confidence overpowered his better sense of judgment.
rename

Clarkesville, GA

#52200 Jul 31, 2014
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>Y'know, this is one subject that I may actually enjoy discussing with you. You are correct about Longstreet and Stuart( although Stuart had no specific orders), but Alexander was not "late or hesitant", the reasons that the confederate artillery barrage was ineffective was no fault of his own. I agree with what Gen. Ewell said, years after the battle, "There were enough mistakes to go around, and God knows, I made my share".

Wrong again dummy ....
Longstreet wanted Lee to court martial Stuart....
Stuart loggy gagged around in a beer hall pretending how great he was.... He was of the same character as his counterpart in the union army.... Known as the dead longhair at the battle of big horn....

Here's a gun,,,, blow out the air in your sorry head.....


jeb stuart

Fitzgerald, GA

#52201 Jul 31, 2014
rename wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again dummy ....
Longstreet wanted Lee to court martial Stuart....
Stuart loggy gagged around in a beer hall pretending how great he was.... He was of the same character as his counterpart in the union army.... Known as the dead longhair at the battle of big horn....
Here's a gun,,,, blow out the air in your sorry head.....
If you want to pooh- pooh Jeb Stuart, then you may want to read "Knights Cross", a biography of the great German field marshal Erwin Rommel in which he is favorably compared , not only to Rommel, but also to Charles II of Sweden- that is some pretty select company, huh gogglemeister?
jeb stuart

Fitzgerald, GA

#52202 Jul 31, 2014
rename wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again dummy ....
Longstreet wanted Lee to court martial Stuart....
Stuart loggy gagged around in a beer hall pretending how great he was.... He was of the same character as his counterpart in the union army.... Known as the dead longhair at the battle of big horn....
Here's a gun,,,, blow out the air in your sorry head.....
....and while I am no fan of Custer- I have to admit that he was a brave soldier!
jeb stuart

Fitzgerald, GA

#52203 Jul 31, 2014
rename wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again dummy ....
Longstreet wanted Lee to court martial Stuart....
Stuart loggy gagged around in a beer hall pretending how great he was.... He was of the same character as his counterpart in the union army.... Known as the dead longhair at the battle of big horn....
Here's a gun,,,, blow out the air in your sorry head.....
....makes me wonder, since you don't like Stuart(of the confederate army), or Custer(of the union army), just who do you favor? Geronimo? Pancho Villa?
rename

Clarkesville, GA

#52204 Jul 31, 2014
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>....and while I am no fan of Custer- I have to admit that he was a brave soldier!
Like you,,,, he was a prima Donna cut throat.....
A worthless soldier who killed many Native American women and children....


Also like you....he was an airhead.....


Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Athens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How to make simple money Nov 19 Yaboiishawn88 1
Offer me solutions Aug '17 Anonymous 1
Nightmares (Mar '17) Aug '17 Earthflower 2
Talk Aug '17 SRK_90194 1
Face riding Aug '17 Yup 1
Moving to Athens (Mar '06) Aug '17 Atillah 11
News Man flees from Oconee police during traffic stop (Jan '16) Aug '17 Atlanta Puppeteer 4

Athens Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Athens Mortgages