Comments
44,801 - 44,820 of 53,587 Comments Last updated 59 min ago

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#46662 Jun 11, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a grenade is a good guy with a grenade.
These "second amendment" fanatics are just that, fanatics. No one with any credibility has ever suggested that all guns be banned, ever. It's just made up bull sh*t by the fanatics. And the 2nd does NOT prohibit regulation. In fact that is what it is about.......regulation. There is a need for a multifaceted approach to the out of control slaughter and stricter gun regulation should absolutely be a part of that. It's what well over 3/4 of the population supports. It's obvious that the fanatics really don't care how many kids get slaughtered as long as they feel that they have defeated the "liberals".
It's kind of like the truck driver who smashed Tracy Morgans car. If it weren't for his celebrity the incident would be just another statistic and the WALMART's of the country would go right on pushing workers beyond their limits and fighting regulation (there's that evil word again) tooth and nail. But hey regulation hurts businesses, right (especially the gun industry). Workers shouldn't have any right to negotiate. They should all be damned glad that they have a job, no matter the conditions. As long as the company makes a profit what the living widgets think or feel is of no concern. They are expendable.
Oh, please explain to us how the 2nd Amendment is about regulation.

And another jump first, look later moron who as soon as he hears the truck driver worked for Walmart immediately ignores individual responsibility and just KNOWS (without any evidence) that it is really all Walmart's fault.
Well

Dallas, TX

#46663 Jun 11, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Workers shouldn't have any right to negotiate. They should all be damned glad that they have a job, no matter the conditions. As long as the company makes a profit what the living widgets think or feel is of no concern. They are expendable.
Workers do have the right to negotiate, all one has to do is ask. Workers also have the right to be represented collectively, if they so desire. Workers also have the right to elevate themselves and learn the skills necessary to move themselves to better opportunities.
Well

Dallas, TX

#46664 Jun 11, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a grenade is a good guy with a grenade.
These "second amendment" fanatics are just that, fanatics. No one with any credibility has ever suggested that all guns be banned, ever. It's just made up bull sh*t by the fanatics. And the 2nd does NOT prohibit regulation. In fact that is what it is about.......regulation. There is a need for a multifaceted approach to the out of control slaughter and stricter gun regulation should absolutely be a part of that. It's what well over 3/4 of the population supports. It's obvious that the fanatics really don't care how many kids get slaughtered as long as they feel that they have defeated the "liberals".
It's kind of like the truck driver who smashed Tracy Morgans car. If it weren't for his celebrity the incident would be just another statistic and the WALMART's of the country would go right on pushing workers beyond their limits and fighting regulation (there's that evil word again) tooth and nail. But hey regulation hurts businesses, right (especially the gun industry). Workers shouldn't have any right to negotiate. They should all be damned glad that they have a job, no matter the conditions. As long as the company makes a profit what the living widgets think or feel is of no concern. They are expendable.
The Hours of Service regulations for commercial drivers are in existence to prevent "rest deprived" operators on the roads. I'm quite sure that Wal Mart does not dispatch company drivers who are not in compliance with these regulations. Now, there are owner operators and sub contractors who may also haul loads for Wal Mart, however the responsibility falls on that owner operator/contractor to remain in compliance, not Wal Mart.
OMTE

Ashburn, GA

#46665 Jun 11, 2014
It is time to Impeach that muslim traitor, Obama...
Before he completely destroys the USA.
http://www.examiner.com/article/impeach-obama...
Impeach Obama Today!!!
WasBushStupid

United States

#46666 Jun 11, 2014
Walmart has a TV ad where they and the maker of ONE item are asking people to support American workers and American made items by shopping at Walmart. We can't be sure of how many items in their store are "Made in USA" but it sure is fun trying to find them. What is harder to find in a Walmart is "Union Made".
Walmart, where wages are lower than prices.

Pelham, TN

#46667 Jun 11, 2014
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
The Hours of Service regulations for commercial drivers are in existence to prevent "rest deprived" operators on the roads. I'm quite sure that Wal Mart does not dispatch company drivers who are not in compliance with these regulations. Now, there are owner operators and sub contractors who may also haul loads for Wal Mart, however the responsibility falls on that owner operator/contractor to remain in compliance, not Wal Mart.
Every news outlet that Iv'e seen calls hime a "WALMART driver". But whatever, I think the point is still valid that the federal regs are not stringent enough and companies like Walmart could easily afford to do the regulations one better for the safety of you know, the public. I'll let the courts decide legal culpability.

Pelham, TN

#46668 Jun 11, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, please explain to us how the 2nd Amendment is about regulation.
And another jump first, look later moron who as soon as he hears the truck driver worked for Walmart immediately ignores individual responsibility and just KNOWS (without any evidence) that it is really all Walmart's fault.
You ought to learn to read, both the second amendment and my post. I can't help you with reading comprehension.

Pelham, TN

#46669 Jun 11, 2014
Here I'm feeling generous this afternoon. And I didn't say the 2nd was only about regulation. Read the third section and then tell me I'm wrong. Then say thank you.

http://www.loc.gov/law/help/second-amendment....

"In its June 26 decision, a 5-4 majority of the Supreme Court ruled that the Second Amendment confers an individual right to keep and bear arms, and that the D.C. provisions banning handguns and requiring firearms in the home disassembled or locked violate this right.

In the majority opinion authored by Justice Antonin Scalia, the Court first conducted a textual analysis of the operative clause, "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." The Court found that this language guarantees an individual right to possess and carry weapons. The Court examined historical evidence that it found consistent with its textual analysis. The Court then considered the Second Amendmentís prefatory clause, "[a] well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State," and determined that while this clause announces a purpose for recognizing an individual right to keep and bear arms, it does not limit the operative clause. The Court found that analogous contemporaneous provisions in state constitutions, the Second Amendmentís drafting history, and post-ratification interpretations were consistent with its interpretation of the amendment. The Court asserted that its prior precedent was not inconsistent with its interpretation.

The Court stated that the right to keep and bear arms is subject to regulation, such as concealed weapons prohibitions, limits on the rights of felons and the mentally ill, laws forbidding the carrying of weapons in certain locations, laws imposing conditions on commercial sales, and prohibitions on the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons. It stated that this was not an exhaustive list of the regulatory measures that would be presumptively permissible under the Second Amendment.

The Court found that the D.C. ban on handgun possession violated the Second Amendment right because it prohibited an entire class of arms favored for the lawful purpose of self-defense in the home. It similarly found that the requirement that lawful firearms be disassembled or bound by a trigger lock made it impossible for citizens to effectively use arms for the core lawful purpose of self-defense, and therefore violated the Second Amendment right. The Court said it was unnecessary to address the constitutionality of the D.C. licensing requirement."
WasBushStupid

United States

#46670 Jun 11, 2014
Aggie23 sure is defending Walmart, not that there is anything wrong with that. Must be a low-level manager using a Walmart puter at work to post.
I knew shortly after the wreck hit the news that it was a Walmart truck but only more recently posted about that part or any part.
My main beef with Walmart is how it treats it's employees, push and more push.
Think Walmart will try to cheat a employee out of a minute of pay but won't push a truck driver?
Walmart workers work from day to day never knowing what day may be their last.
Walmart earnings are hurting. One reason why is families of employees who have been fired at Walmart have stopped shopping there. Almost every family has had relatives that have worked at Walmart. Boycott them until they get the message.
I shop at both Walmart and Sam's Club.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#46671 Jun 11, 2014
Oh noes!!!!!! Democrats appear to be wavering in their support of Obama's deal in regards to Bergdahl. By the time the midterm elections get here, the vulnerable democrats are going to be claiming they've never even HEARD of Barrack Obama. rotfl
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/w...

Location hidden

#46672 Jun 11, 2014
guest wrote:
Here I'm feeling generous this afternoon. And I didn't say the 2nd was only about regulation. Read the third section and then tell me I'm wrong. Then say thank you.
http://www.loc.gov/law/help/second-amendment....
"In its June 26 decision, a 5-4 majority of the Supreme Court ruled that the Second Amendment confers an individual right to keep and bear arms, and that the D.C. provisions banning handguns and requiring firearms in the home disassembled or locked violate this right.
In the majority opinion authored by Justice Antonin Scalia, the Court first conducted a textual analysis of the operative clause, "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." The Court found that this language guarantees an individual right to possess and carry weapons. The Court examined historical evidence that it found consistent with its textual analysis. The Court then considered the Second Amendmentís prefatory clause, "[a] well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State," and determined that while this clause announces a purpose for recognizing an individual right to keep and bear arms, it does not limit the operative clause. The Court found that analogous contemporaneous provisions in state constitutions, the Second Amendmentís drafting history, and post-ratification interpretations were consistent with its interpretation of the amendment. The Court asserted that its prior precedent was not inconsistent with its interpretation.
The Court stated that the right to keep and bear arms is subject to regulation, such as concealed weapons prohibitions, limits on the rights of felons and the mentally ill, laws forbidding the carrying of weapons in certain locations, laws imposing conditions on commercial sales, and prohibitions on the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons. It stated that this was not an exhaustive list of the regulatory measures that would be presumptively permissible under the Second Amendment.
The Court found that the D.C. ban on handgun possession violated the Second Amendment right because it prohibited an entire class of arms favored for the lawful purpose of self-defense in the home. It similarly found that the requirement that lawful firearms be disassembled or bound by a trigger lock made it impossible for citizens to effectively use arms for the core lawful purpose of self-defense, and therefore violated the Second Amendment right. The Court said it was unnecessary to address the constitutionality of the D.C. licensing requirement."
"And I didn't say the 2nd was only about regulation."

Here, let me refresh your memory on what you said:
"And the 2nd does NOT prohibit regulation. In fact that is what it is about.......regulation."
"IN FACT THAT IS WHAT IT IS ABOUTÖÖ.REGULATION." (emphasis mine- words yours)

I "read the third section" and yes, you are wrong. It states that regulation is "permissible" under the 2nd Amendment - NOT that "that is what it is about".

Location hidden

#46673 Jun 11, 2014
Uh-oh. Hillary's favorability is at its lowest since 2008. What is a lunatic lefty to do?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-poli...

Location hidden

#46674 Jun 11, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Every news outlet that Iv'e seen calls hime a "WALMART driver". But whatever, I think the point is still valid that the federal regs are not stringent enough and companies like Walmart could easily afford to do the regulations one better for the safety of you know, the public. I'll let the courts decide legal culpability.
They are identifying him as a driver that works for Walmart - so what? PLEASE do "let the courts decide legal culpability". And in keeping with that mindset, QUIT trying to make Walmart responsible for what, at this time, seems to be this man's irresponsibility.

Location hidden

#46675 Jun 11, 2014
Even though he supports the liar, Rahm Emmanuel called 'ole Hitlery out on her lie about her and Bill being "dead broke" when they left the WH. The funniest thing is that they had bought TWO houses EACH valued over 1 million dollars. Yeah....the Clintons REALLY relate to the middle class and below. Liberals are such phonies.

Location hidden

#46676 Jun 11, 2014

Location hidden

#46677 Jun 11, 2014
WasBushStupid wrote:
Aggie23 sure is defending Walmart, not that there is anything wrong with that. Must be a low-level manager using a Walmart puter at work to post.Must be a low-level manager using a Walmart puter at work to post.
I knew shortly after the wreck hit the news that it was a Walmart truck but only more recen
.tly posted about that part or any part.
Think Walmart will try to cheat a employee out of a minute of pay but won't push a truck driver?
Walmart earnings are hurting. One reason why is families of employees who have been fired at Walmart have stopped shopping there. Almost every family has had relatives that have worked at Walmart. Boycott them until they get the message.
Your attempts to change the subject are getting weaker and weaker. Reread the posts, I am not so much defending Walmart as calling out those who like to smear "enemies" with unsubstantiated attacks. You're just so sadly predictable.

So what do you mean by "Must be a low-level manager using a Walmart puter at work to post." - Is that supposed to be some sort of an insult - sounding pretty elitist there.
silverfox

Manorville, PA

#46678 Jun 11, 2014
WBS knew it was a Wal Mart truck because the news broke on Dailymail showing the FIRST photo of the wreckage with the Walmart logo in plain view. All so quick to ridicule the site they now frequent daily. Would never admit it in 2000 years-- friggin HILARIOUS. ...

Location hidden

#46679 Jun 11, 2014
Here we have a libroid stoned on marijuana shooting at the moon. MSNBC resports that the moon is ticked and demands that either the gun be taken away OR the libroid has to quit bogarting the joint.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/06/11/us-...
silverfox

Manorville, PA

#46680 Jun 11, 2014
WasBushStupid wrote:
Aggie23 sure is defending Walmart, not that there is anything wrong with that. Must be a low-level manager using a Walmart puter at work to post.
I knew shortly after the wreck hit the news that it was a Walmart truck but only more recently posted about that part or any part.
Bush wasn't stupid, but YOU surely are!!!!
Again, I was ridiculed by all of the L wingers for admitting a news source I frequented IS London Dailymail- oh, how many times did they tell me to keep on reading my "infotainment" site.... I've been reading dailymail for YEARS, I always like to see how long it is before American stories hit American media. The ONLY way she would've known it was a Wal Mart truck when it hit the news, IS the DM headline news story/photograph. Sorry, I just have to wallow in this a minute.
ROTFLOLOLOL. Glad I could help, WBS!!!!!!:)

Location hidden

#46681 Jun 11, 2014
Okay. So! A couple of weeks ago, one of the uniformed lunatic libroids on this forum was patting himself on the shoulder in regards to where he got his news. BBC News was one of his favs. I was reading BBC News today and I kept thinking to myself how left wing the articles were sounding. Well, surprise, surprise.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-25779...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Athens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the river 18 hr guest 4
GA Who do you support for Attorney General in Geor... (Oct '10) Aug 28 Pfffft 185
London Wal-Mart permit pulled Aug 27 Top Mod 8 1
Missing shiapoo puppy in athens . 7066124854 Aug 26 Mistyb83 3
Gang Rape of Academic Freedom at UC Santa Barba... Aug 17 uncle 1
Review: Wildwood Revival a welcome addition to ... Aug 15 Yall 1
Business owners love to pay education costs of ... Aug 12 taxpayer 1
•••

Athens News Video

•••
•••

Athens Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000