Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
rename

Cleveland, GA

#41753 Apr 26, 2014
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>Ohhhh, No! How about finishing up that investigation and PROVE that you are accusing me. Prove it. Refer to specific posts. Waiting.....
I wonder if " wonder boy jeb " has his p. I. License .......

Maybe we can get him to investigate the IRS.......... or ducks versus cat fights.....

rename

Cleveland, GA

#41754 Apr 26, 2014
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>That's all they have. Obama has made fools of them and they just grasp at anything they can think of. I pity them.
Me too Sync ....... They just get dumber with every passing day......

It has to be some kind of "creeping crud " of the grain cells......

Wait..... They have no brain cells....

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#41755 Apr 26, 2014
silverfox wrote:
A good article about" climate change." Liberal may not read it, they just need to know Brian Williams, Barbara Walters, David Letterman reference DM all the time.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-26140...
That whole global warming fallacy(aka climate change and probably some other moniker within the next couple of years) is nothing more than the government's attempt to gain even MORE control.

Location hidden

#41756 Apr 26, 2014
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>I won't address your other issues at this time but you know that Obama was legally elected POTUSA- There will be another election in a couple years, meantime I think that true conservatives should show some respect- if not for the man then at least for the office.
I DO respect the office, but have very little respect for its present occupant. He has brought disrespect on himself and this country as far as I am concerned.
When he went on that infamous apology tour right after he got in office, that did it for me. SURELY he did that due to lack of experience. I can't even imagine that he would do that now. Surely,not. I think that may be one of the reasons Putin has the attitude he seems to have toward Obama. He keeps blowing Obama off. I think he sees Obama as very weak. He has EVERY reason to think that.
I look forward to the day Obama is gone, however, if I visited another country and someone in that country started running him down, I would defend him. I know that shocks everyone, but it's a case where I can say it here, but someone in another country had better not.

Location hidden

#41757 Apr 26, 2014
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>Now that is just the kind of BS that I was referring to. This country has had presidents that were klansmen, crooks, thieves, whorehoppers, etc. etc. Whether you like his politics or not , he is a decent fellow and a good family man.
So is George Bush.
silverfox

Sycamore, GA

#41758 Apr 26, 2014
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all they have. Obama has made fools of them and they just grasp at anything they can think of. I pity them.
Sad, isn't it? Funny, too. Lol

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#41759 Apr 26, 2014
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Yes, you did.
<quoted text>
You said Obama should make the Russians tuck their tails in tight, that the Russians should be afraid of Obama.
So, YOU don't know what we should do, but WHATEVER Obama does, it's wrong and you're going to criticize him for it is what you're saying.
This is why we can't have a rational discussion.
----------
To begin with, you're wrong. Putin DOES fear Obama. Putin wants the Ukraine so bad he can taste it, and it's driving him crazy because it is ALMOST in his hands, but he just can't quite reach it. What's to stop him so far? His fear of NATO (which means US) retaliation. Those 45,000 thermonuclear warheads pointed at his crib ARE on his mind. What? You think Putin's worried about what Luxembourg or the Netherlands might do? LOL...not the problem.
(deleted in interest of space)
Tried to quickly skim the last few days worth and there is a LOT that has been discussed, but gonna jump in on this.

Sorry, CB - you cannot support any argument that Putin fears Obama. This situation -if no other- shows what happens when someone who is "not ready for prime time" is elected president. The following clip from NBC's Meet the Press puts it somewhat crudely, but it summarizes part of the problem. Obama has a perceived "manhood" problem when it comes to foreign relations. And these are Obama's buddies saying this.
http://legalinsurrection.com/2014/04/obamas-m...

And someone a few pages back kept trying to make the comparison to Bush's reaction when Russia was making aggressive actions in Georgia - sorry, the two situations cannot be compared. The "breakaway" region of Georgia has been in contention for decades and was already quietly autonomous. Whatever internal ethic back and forths may have been going on in Ukraine are nothing compared to the fact that Ukraine was PROMISED by treaty when Clinton was in office and Obama affirmed it - if Ukraine gave up what was the third largest stockpile of nuclear weapons and virtually disarmed itself - the West would come to their defense if Russia broke the treaty and invaded. I don't know the answer, but if Putin is allowed to ignore the sovereignty of other countries, do you really think he will stop with Ukraine? Sounds more like "peace in our time" wishful thinking.

And do not be under any illusions about sanctions. The EU is FAR more concerned with getting oil from Russia than it is in enforcing sanctions AGAINST Russia. Russia holds the winning cards in that poker game. Obama's "flexibility" he promised Putin by way of Medvedev looks a whole lot like just bending over.
jeb stuart

Fitzgerald, GA

#41760 Apr 26, 2014
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
I DO respect the office, but have very little respect for its present occupant. He has brought disrespect on himself and this country as far as I am concerned.
When he went on that infamous apology tour right after he got in office, that did it for me. SURELY he did that due to lack of experience. I can't even imagine that he would do that now. Surely,not. I think that may be one of the reasons Putin has the attitude he seems to have toward Obama. He keeps blowing Obama off. I think he sees Obama as very weak. He has EVERY reason to think that.
I look forward to the day Obama is gone, however, if I visited another country and someone in that country started running him down, I would defend him. I know that shocks everyone, but it's a case where I can say it here, but someone in another country had better not.
The only thing that I really disagree with is your assessments of Obama and Putin in the current Ukrainian situation. I believe that underrate the former and overrate the latter. And know that you don't like to hear Buch,jr. brought up but do you remember when he said that he "looked Putin in the eye and could see the trust" (or some such silly bs). Anyway, the way I see it, the problem is not with Obama or even with U.S. policy.We need to get our European allies to ante up. We also should try to wait until Ukraine holds national elections so we can get a feel for the pulse of the whole country.

Location hidden

#41761 Apr 26, 2014
rename wrote:
<quoted text>
Klansman???
I call bs on this.....
Actually jeb is right on this - along with all his other garbage Woodrow Wilson was at minimum a supporter of the Klan, but I'm pretty sure he was known to be a Klansman. He had "Birth of a Nation" screened in the White House and apparently thought it was wonderful. Goes right along with many of his other "progressive" ideas - he was a big believer in eugenics, too.

Location hidden

#41762 Apr 26, 2014
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>The only thing that I really disagree with is your assessments of Obama and Putin in the current Ukrainian situation. I believe that underrate the former and overrate the latter. And know that you don't like to hear Buch,jr. brought up but do you remember when he said that he "looked Putin in the eye and could see the trust" (or some such silly bs). Anyway, the way I see it, the problem is not with Obama or even with U.S. policy.We need to get our European allies to ante up. We also should try to wait until Ukraine holds national elections so we can get a feel for the pulse of the whole country.
Putin is not afraid of Obama. If he was, this would have been over weeks ago. He's simply not. I think that apology tour changed the world's opinion of us and not in a good way.
You'll have to be more specific/lengthy in your example regarding Bush. I'm not sure what you are referring to.
Was Bush saying that Putin trusted him? Refresh my memory.

Location hidden

#41763 Apr 26, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually jeb is right on this - along with all his other garbage Woodrow Wilson was at minimum a supporter of the Klan, but I'm pretty sure he was known to be a Klansman. He had "Birth of a Nation" screened in the White House and apparently thought it was wonderful. Goes right along with many of his other "progressive" ideas - he was a big believer in eugenics, too.
AND Woodrow was a Democrat!!!!!!
jeb stuart

Fitzgerald, GA

#41764 Apr 26, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Ag, you are right about Wilson, although I was actually referring to Calvin Coolidge. But in fairness to him, there is no evidence that he was a member while he served as president- it was much earlier in his political career.

Location hidden

#41765 Apr 26, 2014
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Ag, you are right about Wilson, although I was actually referring to Calvin Coolidge. But in fairness to him, there is no evidence that he was a member while he served as president- it was much earlier in his political career.
You're welcome, fair is fair, and I am pretty sure Harry Truman was a member early on. But he obviously broke ranks because it was he who took steps to begin full integration of the military and he took a lot of heat for it. And I think it is clear that LBJ was a HUGE racist - Civil Rights Act or not.
jeb stuart

Fitzgerald, GA

#41766 Apr 26, 2014
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
AND Woodrow was a Democrat!!!!!!
and Coolidge was a republican- so damn what!
chicknbutt

Douglasville, GA

#41767 Apr 26, 2014
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Putin is not afraid of Obama. If he was, this would have been over weeks ago.
If Putin WASN'T afraid of the US, this would have been over weeks ago.
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tried to quickly skim the last few days worth and there is a LOT that has been discussed, but gonna jump in on this.
Sorry, CB - you cannot support any argument that Putin fears Obama. This situation -if no other- shows what happens when someone who is "not ready for prime time" is elected president. The following clip from NBC's Meet the Press puts it somewhat crudely, but it summarizes part of the problem. Obama has a perceived "manhood" problem when it comes to foreign relations. And these are Obama's buddies saying this.
http://legalinsurrection.com/2014/04/obamas-m...
And someone a few pages back kept trying to make the comparison to Bush's reaction when Russia was making aggressive actions in Georgia - sorry, the two situations cannot be compared. The "breakaway" region of Georgia has been in contention for decades and was already quietly autonomous. Whatever internal ethic back and forths may have been going on in Ukraine are nothing compared to the fact that Ukraine was PROMISED by treaty when Clinton was in office and Obama affirmed it - if Ukraine gave up what was the third largest stockpile of nuclear weapons and virtually disarmed itself - the West would come to their defense if Russia broke the treaty and invaded. I don't know the answer, but if Putin is allowed to ignore the sovereignty of other countries, do you really think he will stop with Ukraine? Sounds more like "peace in our time" wishful thinking.
And do not be under any illusions about sanctions. The EU is FAR more concerned with getting oil from Russia than it is in enforcing sanctions AGAINST Russia. Russia holds the winning cards in that poker game. Obama's "flexibility" he promised Putin by way of Medvedev looks a whole lot like just bending over.
We're not disagreeing on much, except that of course you have to try to lay some criticism on Obama - and I understand you can't help yourself in that regard, Putin could do anything at this stage, and he is the driver right now - but he's got a cop in his rear-view mirror that's keeping his foot off the accelerator for the moment. He wants that territory, and he knows that most of the world is only so committed, but he also knows the cost will be very, very high.
I believe he's busy trying to create a situation where he can say he "had to go in to protect his people and interests". He'd love to waltz away with the Ukraine the way he did Crimea. Who knows what tomorrow will bring....
chicknbutt

Douglasville, GA

#41768 Apr 26, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
And I think it is clear that LBJ was a HUGE racist - Civil Rights Act or not.
LBJ was one very nasty Texan.
chicknbutt

Douglasville, GA

#41769 Apr 26, 2014
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
That whole global warming fallacy(aka climate change and probably some other moniker within the next couple of years) is nothing more than the government's attempt to gain even MORE control.
http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/the-curio...

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observati...

http://images.smh.com.au/2014/03/30/5308455/3...

http://climate.nasa.gov/system/content_pages/...

Location hidden

#41770 Apr 27, 2014
chicknbutt wrote:
<quoted text>
If Putin WASN'T afraid of the US, this would have been over weeks ago.
<quoted text>
We're not disagreeing on much, except that of course you have to try to lay some criticism on Obama - and I understand you can't help yourself in that regard, Putin could do anything at this stage, and he is the driver right now - but he's got a cop in his rear-view mirror that's keeping his foot off the accelerator for the moment. He wants that territory, and he knows that most of the world is only so committed, but he also knows the cost will be very, very high.
I believe he's busy trying to create a situation where he can say he "had to go in to protect his people and interests". He'd love to waltz away with the Ukraine the way he did Crimea. Who knows what tomorrow will bring....
You state that "of course you have to try to lay some criticism on Obama" as if MY criticism of him doesn't explain why I think this situation has continued. YOU simply cannot accept that I don't worship Obama as you and SOME others still do. Listen. I DO think when he went on that tour and embarrassed this country, it definitely has had an tremendous and long lasting effect in regard to how other countries NOW regard US. Now, you can deny it all you want, but the simple truth is, HE SHOULD NOT HAVE DONE THAT. He wanted EVERYONE to worship him and that has blown up in his face. He has had MANY doses of reality and I have to wonder if he doesn't regret that VERY poor decision. From that minute on, I've had absolutely no use for him and if he weren't a liberal democrat, you wouldn't either. Don't EVEN try to deny it.
As far as what he is doing with Russia, that's his call. I certainly don't want to get into some kind of military retaliation, but whatever he says he is going to do, he had better do it. And if you are insinuating that the cop in the rearview mirror is Obama, don't make me laugh. Putin is as big an ego maniac as Obama. It's the clash of the egomanical titans.

Location hidden

#41772 Apr 27, 2014
chicknbutt wrote:
THANK YOU for the links, however, it is STILL about control. You and I will have to agree to disagree. Here's the thing, CB. The scientists(that SUPPORT GW; not ALL do.) all have a dog in the hunt. If it weren't for grants and pork money, they'd be out of a job. Nothing like the possibility of unemployment to make some people get creative. Jes sayin.
LongStory

United States

#41773 Apr 27, 2014
Fyre wrote:
Why hasn't someone made a general discussion page for this? This has nothing to do with the old election. It isn't even the topic anymore.
It's a long story. It should have of course died back in 2010. Anyway, there's a insane idiot calling itself "rename" today (tomorrow it will probably start calling itself "today"). This nut keeps making posts to keep the topic bumped up. It went for 1000 pages, got that, then 2000, got that, and now is running at full speed for 3000. Look at it as "rename" ball of collected string, or gum wrappers, or tinfoil, or...
The authorities running the institution where "rename" is housed found this to be the best answer to not releasing the nut (today "rename") back into general population or, god forbid, back onto the streets.
The topic is linked to a wide range of area forums so people who see it bumped to the top get curious.
The best we can tell is that "rename" is now the base think-tank for the Republican Party. God help us all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Athens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man flees from Oconee police during traffic stop (Jan '16) Jun 28 Papa john 3
Dos any one know where kara mo (Nov '16) Jun 28 Papa john 2
News Photos: Cyclists ride the proposed Firefly Trail Apr '17 Kanada 1
Nightmares Mar '17 Krae12203 1
UGA Law First Annual 5k Mar '17 IPleadThe5k 1
Amazon censoring books for Israel Mar '17 Jim Fetzer 2
Remove all health care subsidies for Congress ... Mar '17 wjabbe 3

Athens Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Athens Mortgages