Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#34797 Jan 27, 2014
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Look in the mirror, can you say idiot.
Of course his company is fighting to pay less tax. Buffet personally and his corporations take every tax deduction and loophole his high priced accountants can find. Just like every other American does and will continue to to until the laws are changed. He wants the laws changed so EVERYONE including his secretary will be on the same playing field. Berkshire Hathaway is a business and no business is going to give the competition anything. Including working capital in the bank the accountants say is legal and the government disputes, happens every day, you are showing your ignorance.
Just because you or your parents get your income from government welfare in the form of Social Security and health insurance for free in the form of Medicare nobody expects you to not take SSI or insist on paying the government back what Medicare pays for you, even though you are dead against government health care and welfare for poor people. Kind of a double stander don't ya think. And don't say its money you paid in, surely you know better than that, its not money you paid in. Its money collected from current workers who will probably never get anything if conservatives get what they want.
And what they want is for everything to rotate around them.
It's fun watching you twist yourself in knots trying to justify Warren Buffet's action. Of course, if he were saying taxes were too high, you'd be one of the first with the pitchforks. But since he gave lip service to wanting to pay higher taxes, he gets a pass. Gee, you think that might be the explanation for his statements right there - duh! And you are still missing the point (I'm stunned), if he wants to pay more taxes there is his opportunity right there, don't argue with the IRS and "seek an agreed upon tax total", just pay what the IRS claims his company owes and be done with it - but that isn't what he is doing is it?

And you do like to make presumptions about people and attack them when you have NO CLUE what anyone's personal financial situation may be. Of course, that is a favored tactic when one is firing blanks otherwise. Create the straw man and claim hypocrisy. You are pathetic.
TheAllPowerful

Columbus, GA

#34798 Jan 27, 2014
Republicans: I'M RIGHT!
Democrats: I'M RIGHT!
Tea Party: I'M RIGHT!
Independents: I'M RIGHT!

In the long and dusty road y'all walk, you are all right. There will never be a happy medium, and the arguments for and against everything are the only solution. It has long since been that one agreement was made in this country unanimously, and that was the decision to break away from the tyranny and oppression of English rule, and unfair taxation of people who sought a better way of life. The division of countrymen has long been the way that the powers that be, make sure that they stay that way. If you continually divide yourself across lines of differences, you will soon find (as you already must know) that you will be once again held down and oppressed by the very people you vote in, while arguing their points for them amongst yourselves. you aren't fighting for a belief you came up with all on your own. You are fighting the points that your leaders have injected into the feeble minds of tape recorded idiots, while doing their bidding for them.

Divided parties? Blah! You know what I see here? I see people making certain valid points in what they believe in. i see people hurling insults to each other, calling each other names, and living the dream of only the elected officials. I wasn't alive back then (50's and 60's), but it was my understanding that when people had had enough of the status quo, they would rise up, as we have seen other countries do recently, and demand a change. It is truly a sad day when the division of a country rests on name calling and insults among lines of thinking that are firmly planted inside your heads.
Just sayin

Braselton, GA

#34799 Jan 27, 2014
The Washington Times reports that Moody's "downgraded its outlook for U.S. health care insurers from 'stable' to 'negative,' citing uncertainty stemming from ObamaCare.

Insurance company bailouts to come close to one trillion dollars to keep obamacare afloat.
This is a miserable failure.
new

Jefferson, GA

#34800 Jan 27, 2014
TheAllPowerful wrote:
Republicans: I'M RIGHT!
Democrats: I'M RIGHT!
Tea Party: I'M RIGHT!
Independents: I'M RIGHT!
In the long and dusty road y'all walk, you are all right. There will never be a happy medium, and the arguments for and against everything are the only solution. It has long since been that one agreement was made in this country unanimously, and that was the decision to break away from the tyranny and oppression of English rule, and unfair taxation of people who sought a better way of life. The division of countrymen has long been the way that the powers that be, make sure that they stay that way. If you continually divide yourself across lines of differences, you will soon find (as you already must know) that you will be once again held down and oppressed by the very people you vote in, while arguing their points for them amongst yourselves. you aren't fighting for a belief you came up with all on your own. You are fighting the points that your leaders have injected into the feeble minds of tape recorded idiots, while doing their bidding for them.
Divided parties? Blah! You know what I see here? I see people making certain valid points in what they believe in. i see people hurling insults to each other, calling each other names, and living the dream of only the elected officials. I wasn't alive back then (50's and 60's), but it was my understanding that when people had had enough of the status quo, they would rise up, as we have seen other countries do recently, and demand a change. It is truly a sad day when the division of a country rests on name calling and insults among lines of thinking that are firmly planted inside your heads.

how can anyone be so ignorant about so much..........

new

Jefferson, GA

#34801 Jan 27, 2014
Just sayin wrote:
The Washington Times reports that Moody's "downgraded its outlook for U.S. health care insurers from 'stable' to 'negative,' citing uncertainty stemming from ObamaCare.
Insurance company bailouts to come close to one trillion dollars to keep obamacare afloat.
This is a miserable failure.

I can say "at least the repubs are making an effort to block that part of obamacare."
but since the libroids are in power, I'm sure it will never happen.........

new

Jefferson, GA

#34802 Jan 27, 2014
How amnesty will hurt American workers..........

""What we have in the Senate is an incredible display of the power of corporate money on both the Democratic and Republican party, aimed at driving a massive increase in foreign workers during one of the worst unemployment periods in our history. They have done it by focusing on humanitarianism toward illegal aliens. Most of the debate has been about that. But this bill is really about doubling the amount of foreign workers that would be brought into this country.

Why do so many in the GOP support immigration reform that might lead to an influx of new Democratic voters?

Because the Republican corporate establishment is always enamored with loose labor markets. That's when you have a whole lot more workers than you have jobs. Therefore, every time an employer puts up a "help wanted" sign, they have a lot more people applying for work than they have jobs. It's better for employers, and it keeps wages down. The Senate bill will lower wages and increase unemployment."

OMTE

Fitzgerald, GA

#34803 Jan 27, 2014
new wrote:
How amnesty will hurt American workers..........
""What we have in the Senate is an incredible display of the power of corporate money on both the Democratic and Republican party, aimed at driving a massive increase in foreign workers during one of the worst unemployment periods in our history. They have done it by focusing on humanitarianism toward illegal aliens. Most of the debate has been about that. But this bill is really about doubling the amount of foreign workers that would be brought into this country.
Why do so many in the GOP support immigration reform that might lead to an influx of new Democratic voters?
Because the Republican corporate establishment is always enamored with loose labor markets. That's when you have a whole lot more workers than you have jobs. Therefore, every time an employer puts up a "help wanted" sign, they have a lot more people applying for work than they have jobs. It's better for employers, and it keeps wages down. The Senate bill will lower wages and increase unemployment."
Hear! Hear! Awesome post!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#34804 Jan 27, 2014
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
While not working at WalMart you seem to travel with the wealthy educated crowd. Since you are so much more intelligent and well educated than the rest of us and would not lower yourself to consider anything I say. Why don't you call your equal Warren Buffet and ask him. He is a proponent of the wealthy paying a fair share of income tax, its been on the national news off and on for a couple years. He is the one who said as a percentage of his income his secretary paid more than he did, and that's not fair. You probably are not able to watch TV with your nose stuck so far up your on as. Not sure how old or if you are male or female, but one thing for sure, you are full of "bull squeeze"
I wonder if this poster knows WHY Buffett (note the proper spelling, a polite thing to do, spell a man's name correctly) pays a lower effective tax rate than his secretary. I would guess likely not.

Location hidden

#34805 Jan 27, 2014
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Read it again, and think as you go. I said its the 1% with all the money that are pushing the market. That does include large funds managed by rich folks who use the average persons savings to make money for the firm. They are also the last ones to get out before the inevitable "market adjustment", code word for time to take profits.
The inequity in the tax code and all the built in loopholes for the rich is not news, unless you live in a dreamworld that FNC has created. As a percentage of income, the middle class pay more than the rich. Never have said or thought they paid more money, the rich pay less as a percentage on income than a middle class worker. Warren Buffet has been talking about this for a few years, Google it. This is hopeless, even the obvious is not visible to some who post here, the Tea Party has had its run, its over. Maybe then common sense government for the good of all will trump ideology.
Another clueless and uneducated posts about taxes...

"built in loopholes for the rich"

Oh, you mean those deductions/credits that are available to ALL taxpayers, but mostly utilized by those that pay the vast majority of taxes (the evil rich)? Yeah, that would be it...

"As a percentage of income, the middle class pay more than the rich."

Wrong.

1) Define income, if you can.
2) Explain how different types of income are taxed and at what rates (if you can).
3) Post a link or support for your statement.

(Almost) all taxpayers pay the same rate on capital gains.

The higher the non capital gains taxable income, the higher the tax rate on "non capital gains" income.

Location hidden

#34806 Jan 27, 2014
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>... Kind of a double stander don't ya think....
WTF is a double stander? Is it similar to a double bagger?

Location hidden

#34807 Jan 27, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
It really is amusing how Bill from D'ville gets under the skin of you Lefties. Trust me all your petty and sophomoric -- no, juvenile........no, still too mature a description, guess we'll have to go back to middle school -- insults just make him chuckle like the rest of us.(until someone gets really low and brings a family member up for insult)
And your bringing up Warren Buffet once again just proves your ignorance on our tax system. Would you PLEASE go look up the difference between income tax rates and capital gains tax rates. And by the way, based on the information Buffet himself supplied, his secretary probably earns between $200,000-$500,000 if she is in the 34.7% tax bracket he claimed. So you should be happy, she's in the top 1% paying her "fair share".
+1 very well stated. Thank you.

"insults just make him chuckle like the rest of us."

Yes, I'm real concerned about what a bunch of clueless and uneducated posters write on an anonymous message board.

I am, however, still waiting for any of the erudite posters to show where I've been factually wrong in any prior comment about taxes or our tax system. People can have different opinions (the rich don't pay their fair share, all income should be taxed equally, etc.) about things, but facts are facts. The clueless and uneducated don't comprehend that...

Location hidden

#34808 Jan 27, 2014
Doo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hispanics can not get a job until they pass e-verify and drug tests and have the proper paperwork.....
Not true.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#34809 Jan 27, 2014
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF is a double stander? Is it similar to a double bagger?
"double bagger"???

Come on Bill, don't get personal, please keep your wife out of the discussion.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#34810 Jan 27, 2014
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
Another clueless and uneducated posts about taxes...
"built in loopholes for the rich"
Oh, you mean those deductions/credits that are available to ALL taxpayers, but mostly utilized by those that pay the vast majority of taxes (the evil rich)? Yeah, that would be it...
"As a percentage of income, the middle class pay more than the rich."
Wrong.
1) Define income, if you can.
2) Explain how different types of income are taxed and at what rates (if you can).
3) Post a link or support for your statement.
(Almost) all taxpayers pay the same rate on capital gains.
The higher the non capital gains taxable income, the higher the tax rate on "non capital gains" income.
Boring and nerdy as usual. Please discuss your thoughts as to why capital gains are taxed differently than income from running the fry vat at McDonald's (like you do, when you're not lusting over tax tables.)
OMTE

Fitzgerald, GA

#34811 Jan 27, 2014
Scarlett Johansson for President 2016! ;)
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-m...
Hell, just make her Queen. LoL!

Location hidden

#34812 Jan 27, 2014
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#34813 Jan 27, 2014
Bill in Dville wrote:
Straight Republican.

You've got an anonymous caller into a radio show. Nothing but a troll. You'd have to be REALLY gullible not to realize that.
Devils Advocate

Douglas, GA

#34814 Jan 27, 2014
Warren Buffett--A hypocrit from hell. He had nothing to say for many years, while ripping off the people and the Goverment for his Billions. He wants to pay more taxes, well write the check. The sheep that believe all this rhetoric about the Prez and these liars he runs with, are pathetic. You all need to get some brain cells repaired {if that is at all possible} If you believe the Liberatoid idiots then you become your on religion. Nuff said.It's just inconceivable for me, a fairly balanceed man, to believe that there are people in this country that are that ignorant. Or is it a good case of brainwashing.
Devils Advocate

Douglas, GA

#34815 Jan 27, 2014
By the way, some of us don't flip hamburgers or work at Wal-Mart. Even those are, in my mind, very admirable jobs. At least they are working instead of screaming, give me more free stuff. The reason Obammy was elected because he promised you retards everything on earth. Well has he delivered yet? Are you better off today than you were 5 years ago? Not hardly. If you are, then you are one of the millions that got the check started.

Liberials= people who want something for nothing
Liberials= people that believe in anything
Liberials= people that have very little mind and can be easy led
Liberials= people that have no and I mean NO morals, period
Liberials= people -- well I use that word very lightly
lumpkincountyres idnet

Dawsonville, GA

#34816 Jan 27, 2014
jeanie wrote:
we need all Republicans no more Demorcratic
Too bad johhny boy Issacson let us down, i too voted for him, I wont again, he should have stood his ground and same goes with SHambliss

they both voted to keep obama care during the shutdown, they are both traders! We need somone with the guts to force the other party to change this crap they have forced us working americans to carry

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Athens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Affordable housing in athens Jan '18 Samantha 1
absolutely free dating sites (Sep '13) Jan '18 rene 3
News Angry Woman Allegedly Hits Two With Car (Aug '06) Jan '18 brooke 11
Marc Lofton (Jan '17) Nov '17 RICHARD 7
How to make simple money Nov '17 Yaboiishawn88 1
Offer me solutions Aug '17 Anonymous 1
Nightmares (Mar '17) Aug '17 Earthflower 2

Athens Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance