Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia in 2010?

Posted in the Athens Forum

Comments (Page 1,589)

Showing posts 31,761 - 31,780 of47,604
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Question

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2013

Judged:

Wonder Woman wrote:
First of all - what is the point of lying? It is easy enough to check it out you Moron! In the state of Georgia - Medicaid is only available to children, blind adults and pregnant adults.
Are you 100% sure about that?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2013

Judged:

Wonder Woman wrote:
First of all - what is the point of lying? It is easy enough to check it out you Moron! In the state of Georgia - Medicaid is only available to children, blind adults and pregnant adults.
You forgot a few: pregnant, age 65 or older, disabled, under 18, legally blind, need nursing home care and there are other exceptions.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2013

Judged:

Wonder Woman wrote:
"It is easy enough to check it out you Moron!"

Obviously this poster didn't.

"In the state of Georgia - Medicaid is only available to children, blind adults and pregnant adults."

Wrong again.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2013

Judged:

Wonder Woman wrote:
...at least get your facts straight rather than making things up as you go along!
And the irony continues...
Joemarv

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Judged:

youtube.com/watch...
Wheres the Beef?

Vote Putin
the truth

Winter Haven, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Judged:

General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
Then quit bitching about what you have no solution for, it means nothing.
Fairtax.org
I gave you a solution, you just don;'t agree. You prefer to keep pushing a so called "fair tax" that has not chance of every happening or for that matter working.

Just another copout so you can ignore the real solvable problems we have. the same tactic the tea party has used time and time again, ignorance if bliss.
the truth

Winter Haven, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
I can give you their answer. Take AWAY from those who "have" and give it to those who "deserve" it.(Know what I mean?) The less successful liberals want those who earn to PAY for being successful. How dare ANYONE be more successful than a libroid. Not one of those clowns has stated how much money equals "their fair share".
To be nice you are a purebred idiot. Nobody wants to take from the rich in tax one percentage point more than the middle class pays. Your fear of equality is based on a typical conservative mind set. Tea Party types have their place, its not at the top of the heap, more toward the bottom. Tea party types are always scared of something, giving them this desire to always have an elite class to tell them what to think. They want to blame the poor for our economic problems, when if fact its their fault. Tea Party types think they are the rulers of the world, so spending many times more than any other nation and over 50% of the national budget on defense if the thing to do. Fighting wars we don't have the stomach to win over oil is the thing to do. Another huge waste of money, not to mention the people killed or maimed. They sit in their recliner in front of the TV watching FNC 18 hours a day safe and worlds away from the real action.They claim the constitution is the driving force behind the willingness to have thousands of children killed so they can carry a weapon to protect themselves from all the bad people around them. When in fact that desire to always be armed ends in more death than having an ignorant armed population saves. The numbers don't lie, you can make up stuff all you want, but you are now and you always will be WRONG. But that's your right, and you exercise that right that right regularly, I just wish you would also exercise your brain independent of what others want you to think!!! Just keep in lock step with your masters and they will rule you and the rest of the world one day in the not to distant future. Your grandchildren's children will recall the days when in Americans believed in greatness, then their was the Tea Party.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Judged:

the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
... Nobody wants to take from the rich in tax one percentage point more than the middle class pays....
LMAO, you can't make this stuff up.

Obviously, this poster doesn't comprehend the tax tables which document (no opinion, it's a fact) that the higher a person's taxable income goes, the higher their federal tax rate (the actual tax as a percentage of the taxable income, for those mathematically challenged) goes.

Any wonder why the phrase, clueless and uneducated comes to mind?

----------
“If a Republican doesn’t like guns, he doesn’t buy one.

If a Democrat doesn’t like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a Republican doesn’t like a talk show host, he switches the channel.

Democrats demand that those they don’t like be shut down.”

Jeff Foxworthy

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Judged:

the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave you a solution, you just don;'t agree. You prefer to keep pushing a so called "fair tax" that has not chance of every happening or for that matter working.
Just another copout so you can ignore the real solvable problems we have. the same tactic the tea party has used time and time again, ignorance if bliss.
Please, what post is your solution in? Also, why do you think the Fairtax will not work?

“Marble Man”

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Judged:

Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, this poster doesn't comprehend the tax tables which document (no opinion, it's a fact) that the higher a person's taxable income goes, the higher their federal tax rate (the actual tax as a percentage of the taxable income, for those mathematically challenged) goes.
----------
Jeff Foxworthy
He, they, whatever, don't care about tax tables. All they care about is obtaining the means to tell everyone what to do, when to do it, and how much they'll be paid to do it.

“I Offer You Truth!”

Since: Jul 07

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Judged:

If Republican doesn't like your religion he demands that you embrace Christianity.

If a Republican doesn't like the way you vote he tries to make it more difficult for you to do so.

If a Republican doesn't like someone's sexual orientation he tries to force that person to undergo "re-orientation" therapy.

If a Republican doesn't like a LAWFUL health plan he shuts down the government, stops paying military personnel and damages the economy to try to end that LAWFUL health plan.

If a Republican doesn't like the outcome of an election he resorts to claiming the winner of the election is not lawfully qualified to hold the office they were elected to.

If a Republican doesn't like the way the elections polling results are trending he spends millions of dollars in an effort to "buy" the election.

If a Republican tires of factual news reporting he buys/starts a network to shape the news to fit his point of view.

Oh, the list goes on and on and on and on....
Laughing at U

Murphy, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Judged:

Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
Jeff Foxworthy
The real question is whether the rich actually end up paying a higher percentage. Not saying they do, not saying they don't. It's just an argument that's bantered around on here quite a bit. It would be nice to see some real, true documentation on what percentage all ranges of income earners (on average) actually pay.

“Marble Man”

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Judged:

Rich people do pay a lot more taxes than poor people, both in absolute terms and as a percentage of income.

Here's a chart showing the distribution of the tax burden when you add all the taxes together. Earners in the top 1 percent pay about 43 percent of their incomes in tax. People in the middle quintile pay 25 percent. The poorest fifth pays 13 percent.

http://t.money.msn.com/tax-tips/no-the-rich-d...
Question

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Rich people do pay a lot more taxes than poor people, both in absolute terms and as a percentage of income.
Here's a chart showing the distribution of the tax burden when you add all the taxes together. Earners in the top 1 percent pay about 43 percent of their incomes in tax. People in the middle quintile pay 25 percent. The poorest fifth pays 13 percent.
Good post.
Theworldwelivein

Mcdonough, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Judged:

Political fiqures are full of wind and really only look out for their own wallets, for the most part are liars and thieves...bordering on being socialpathic. Polical parties are are a joke, no matter who's has control the middle class gets the screw.
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Okay this is off the subject but I have a question to ask. Not long ago I went to a Target store in Roswell. I bought $170 worth of stuff. As I was being rung up this women just walked in off the street. As she passed the women that was checking me out, she said "You don't need to use that card". Low and behold my card wouldn't work. This was a Visa card from my bank in a small north town. As I watched the teller, everytime my card said it would go thru, she would hit a button on the register. Anyway I got out my Debit card to my local bank in Roswell and low and behold it worked. I got worried so I went over to my bank and ask if they would cash a check for me on my bank up north. They looked at my Roswell account and never ever checked to see if I had enough money in the one up north. Even offered me a free Black Visa Card with no fees for the first year. I got my money thanked them for offering me the Black Visa Card but explained I do not use credit cards. Anyway, this has happened to me about three times at one store or another. Strange thing is when I call and ask the Manager about it I never see that person working in the store again. My question is, is there a way the teller can cancel a purchase before your card goes thru. I'm not rich but I know when I have money in my account. Any ideas. The reason I ask is I plan on calling Target tomorrow and speaking to their Manager and would like to sound like I know what I talking about. I just hope the young woman doesn't lose her job. She was a very attrative oriental girl that I had never seen there before.
Laughing at U

Murphy, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

One would expect rich people to pay more taxes than poor people, they have more money. The link you provided is interesting and I appreciate it. But I still would like to see more information to shed light on what percentage the average rich person pays and what the average percentage a poor person does. Of course, that depends on your definition of rich and poor.

“Marble Man”

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Judged:

Laughing at U wrote:
<quoted text>
One would expect rich people to pay more taxes than poor people, they have more money. The link you provided is interesting and I appreciate it. But I still would like to see more information to shed light on what percentage the average rich person pays and what the average percentage a poor person does. Of course, that depends on your definition of rich and poor.
Try a search, post what you come up with.

“Marble Man”

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Ga Girl 56 wrote:
Okay this is off the subject but I have a question to ask. Not long ago I went to a Target store in Roswell. I bought $170 worth of stuff. As I was being rung up this women just walked in off the street. As she passed the women that was checking me out, she said "You don't need to use that card". Low and behold my card wouldn't work. This was a Visa card from my bank in a small north town. As I watched the teller, everytime my card said it would go thru, she would hit a button on the register. Anyway I got out my Debit card to my local bank in Roswell and low and behold it worked. I got worried so I went over to my bank and ask if they would cash a check for me on my bank up north. They looked at my Roswell account and never ever checked to see if I had enough money in the one up north. Even offered me a free Black Visa Card with no fees for the first year. I got my money thanked them for offering me the Black Visa Card but explained I do not use credit cards. Anyway, this has happened to me about three times at one store or another. Strange thing is when I call and ask the Manager about it I never see that person working in the store again. My question is, is there a way the teller can cancel a purchase before your card goes thru. I'm not rich but I know when I have money in my account. Any ideas. The reason I ask is I plan on calling Target tomorrow and speaking to their Manager and would like to sound like I know what I talking about. I just hope the young woman doesn't lose her job. She was a very attrative oriental girl that I had never seen there before.
Either you have a complaint, or you don't, which is it?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Try a search, post what you come up with.
Good response. That type of info has been posted in this thread previously.

Poster could find it him/herself, rather than "playing" you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 31,761 - 31,780 of47,604
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Athens News Video

•••
•••

Athens Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Athens People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE