Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#28235 Oct 22, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Rather than jump to an ideological conclusion this rollout mess has a number of fingers in the pie, perhaps the contractor bears some fault, perhaps HHS was slow to write rules and provide specs, perhaps the hardware under estimated load demand, perhaps much depended on the outcome of an election less than a year ago, perhaps states should have had an earlier deadline to opt out.
"For those of us who care about good governance, this situation is untenable. The site will be fixed, the law will ultimately be fine. But if Democrats stand for good, effective governance, there must be accountability for this mess—both against the contractors who screwed things up, and with the bureaucrats and administration officials that let the situation get to this point."
The contractor warned months ago there was a problem with the website and the coup de grace came when the Obama administration told the contractor to remove the ability for visitors to investigate the site and get an idea of the cost BEFORE they registered and gave vast amounts of personal data. Now why would the administration want people to register before they find out that the premiums are higher than expected and the deductibles are higher than expected?

“Healthcare.gov was initially going to include an option to browse before registering,” report Christopher Weaver and Louise Radnofsky in the Wall Street Journal.“But that tool was delayed, people familiar with the situation said.” Why was it delayed?“An HHS spokeswoman said the agency wanted to ensure that users were aware of their eligibility for subsidies that could help pay for coverage, BEFORE THEY STARTED SEEING THE PRICES OF POLICIES.”(Emphasis added.)

As for the states, they warned the administration months ago there were problems. If this administration were mature and responsible they would have come out and said "This is far more complex than we anticipated. Common sense dictates that we delay ANY implementation of Obamacare, not just those provisions we have already delayed in order to have a product ready for consumer consumption. If this is as important to us as we claim, we must ensure it is done right." .....don't we wish that kind of responsibility had held sway.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/201... +(Business+on+The+Huffington+P ost)
Idiots Abound

Blairsville, GA

#28236 Oct 22, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, what really helps is raising the debt ceiling so this country can keep over spending our tax dollars. That is using the old bean isn't it? Pure nonsense that only makes sense to liberals such as yourself.
Well, did I suggest we should raise the debt ceiling? Was I cheerleader for that? No, never said a word about it. But you really don't have reading comprehension anyways (more like reading apprehension.)

We all know the problem is that instead of Congress working on reducing spending and finding ways to solve financial issues, they were tied up by a few Teapublicans closing the government down. Counterproductive to say the least.

Last I heard, by the way, is that Congress is made up of REPUBLICANS and DEMOCRATS, so both parties at fault for the financial fiasco we're in. And we all know that they've been at fault for years, spending more money than we have coming in. A couple of useless wars certainly didn't help in keeping our national budget to a workable level.
Idiots Abound

Blairsville, GA

#28237 Oct 22, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all Muslims are terrorist but all terrorist are Muslims.
Well... except for those guys who blew up the Oklahoma Federal building... they were Christians, right. They don't count.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#28238 Oct 22, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is defending any terrorists, I'm simply asking if you can identify the religion of these terrorists. You seem to know a lot about terrorists, who they are, how they can be spotted, what religion they are, so it should be an easy matter for you to answer this question.
Course if you continue to DUCK and DODGE the question, then it will be apparent that you're nothing more than an ignorant bigot, but hey, no surprises there.
Riddle me this...
What religion were these terrorists?
2 Charged in 1963 Church Blast That Killed 4 Birmingham Girls
By KEVIN SACK
Published: May 18, 2000
http://www.nytimes.com/2000/05/18/us/2-charge...
Nearly 37 years after a bombing that horrified the nation, the authorities here charged two longtime suspects with murder today in the deaths of four black girls in the explosion at Birmingham's 16th Street Baptist Church.
Thomas E. Blanton Jr. and Bobby Frank Cherry, both of whom were affiliated with the Ku Klux Klan and have been considered suspects for decades in the 1963 bombing, turned themselves in this morning after being indicted by a state grand jury on Tuesday. They are being held in the Jefferson County jail here without bond.
...The Birmingham bombing holds a special place in civil rights history because of the randomness of its violence, the sacredness of its target and the innocence of its victims. The four girls -- Denise McNair, 11, and Addie Mae Collins, Carole Robertson and Cynthia Wesley, all 14 -- died in a dressing room in the church basement when the bomb detonated at 10:19 a.m. on Sunday, Sept. 15, 1963. About 20 other people were injured. The bomb, apparently hidden under the church steps the night before, blew the face of Jesus out of a stained glass window. The bodies of the girls, who were dressed in white for an annual youth service, were found beneath the rubble.
Apples and oranges Muslim lover. Change the subject and talk about something else. You make me want to puke.
You are just trying to cover for all the wars across the world that are caused by Islamist. You are covering for all the bombings and killings done by Muslims in the name of Islam. You are trying to make us forget the attacks by Muslims int this country on Americans.
All I want to know is if your were born a Muslim, or were you converted to a Muslim?

Location hidden

#28239 Oct 22, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, the purpose of the federal government is whatever We the People decide it is.
If We the People decide that a Social Security system is in our own best interest then we will implement it thru our elected officials.
If We the People decide that a tax supported medical care system for the old, the infirmed, and the needy s in our own best interest then we will implement it thru our elected officials.
If We the People decide that a tax supported nutritional program is for the less fortunate is in our own best interest then we will implement it thru our elected officials.
If We the People decide that private health insurance should spend 80% of every premium dollar on medical expense, or that a health plan should offer a standard set of features, or that no one can be turned down due to pre-existng conditions, then We the People can implement this through our elected officials.
That's what elections are about, and if this drives the profit taker out of the health insurance business so much the better, Medicare for all can't come soon enough.
If "We the People" had been listened to, this would have been repealed already. Prior to 1 Oct, the American people had been growing less and less enchanted as more and more information was forthcoming on the actual impact Obamacare was going to have.

As "We the People" get more and more dominated by those who look at the government as their savior, the country gets further and further from the vision our Founders had of a country with a federal government that limited itself to those functions best performed by a central government while recognizing that local government was better able to serve the needs of its citizens with day to day issues.

But your last sentence is the kicker - the ignorance you display when saying it will be a good thing to have a Medicare equivalent forced on everyone is mind boggling. If not for the fact that we would all be suffering as well, it would be worth it to see those of you on the Left who think this is so wonderful actually have to deal with Obamacare with no other options available.

Douglasville, GA

#28240 Oct 22, 2013
Complete Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
In order of appearance that was: Bill in Dullville, Sqyntergy, and the poster known as "Who, What, Where and How." OMTE and Fat Dave also can be interchanged with the later.
You are indeed a complete idiot, as all you and most other liberals can do is call people names. You sound like a 2nd grader trying to taunt one of his little classmates. LMAO.

Location hidden

#28241 Oct 22, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing huh ?
The terrorists who bombed the Federal Building in Oklahoma City and killed all those government employees and children, and bombed the Atlanta Olympics, the pride of America; and flew a plane into the IRS Center in Austin,
were Right Wing Wacko Christians.
And you want to celebrate Christmas.
Amazingly false you mean. Timothy McVeigh was a self identified agnostic filled with rage at the government over Ruby Ridge and the Branch Davidian debacle where Janet Reno had the blood of over 40 children on her hands.(and do not try to imply I am sympathizing with McVeigh who was a murderous coward.) The pilot of the plane in Texas left a note expressing his rage at the IRS - no religious motivation there either. Eric Rudolph apparently grew up in some anti-Semitic quasi Christian cult. Ooooooo, you're one for three with your smear attempt.

Location hidden

#28242 Oct 22, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Geez, I wonder why you're avoiding the question,
is it because the answer would show you to be an ignorant bigot.
Let's try this again.
Riddle me this...
What religion were these terrorists?
2 Charged in 1963 Church Blast That Killed 4 Birmingham Girls
By KEVIN SACK
Published: May 18, 2000
http://www.nytimes.com/2000/05/18/us/2-charge...
Nearly 37 years after a bombing that horrified the nation, the authorities here charged two longtime suspects with murder today in the deaths of four black girls in the explosion at Birmingham's 16th Street Baptist Church.
Thomas E. Blanton Jr. and Bobby Frank Cherry, both of whom were affiliated with the Ku Klux Klan and have been considered suspects for decades in the 1963 bombing, turned themselves in this morning after being indicted by a state grand jury on Tuesday. They are being held in the Jefferson County jail here without bond.
...The Birmingham bombing holds a special place in civil rights history because of the randomness of its violence, the sacredness of its target and the innocence of its victims. The four girls -- Denise McNair, 11, and Addie Mae Collins, Carole Robertson and Cynthia Wesley, all 14 -- died in a dressing room in the church basement when the bomb detonated at 10:19 a.m. on Sunday, Sept. 15, 1963. About 20 other people were injured. The bomb, apparently hidden under the church steps the night before, blew the face of Jesus out of a stained glass window. The bodies of the girls, who were dressed in white for an annual youth service, were found beneath the rubble.
They may or may not have claimed to be Christian, but is there any doubt they were Democrats?

Douglasville, GA

#28243 Oct 22, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
ClimateDepot.com is the website of Committee for a Constructive Tomorrow employee Marc Morano, a conservative global warming denier who previously served as environmental communications director for a vocal political denier of climate change, Republican Sen. James Inhofe.
Donors Trust and Donors Capital Fund, based out of the DC suburb of Alexandria, VA, have sent $118 million to the ‘climate denial machine‘ from 2002-2010, according to a Greenpeace analysis featured in the Guardian. The graph above, from the article, illustrates the significance of this money as compared to giants like Koch and Exxon.
Of course, the Koch brothers are part of the Donors Trust network, using the DONORS groups to hide their own giving to a variety of corporate front groups. Because of the obscurity provided by DONORS, we don’t know exactly who is getting exactly how much of the Koch payments to Donors Trust and Donors Capital Fund.
An accompanying article by the Guardian shows how the DONORS groups provide large portions of organizations’ entire budgets, such as the Committee For A Constructive Tomorrow, which even among climate deniers is notably anti-scientific.
The support helped the Committee for a Constructive Tomorrow (Cfact), expand from $600,000 to $3m annual operation. In 2010, Cfact received nearly half of its budget from those anonymous donors, the records show.
----------
You've been victimized by propaganda. The Koch Brothers, who have massive coal interests, who want no regulations regarding their pollution-related activities paid for that information to be written, and for you to see it.
You're a pawn, being misled intentionally by propaganda. Through your ignorance you're helping make America a worse place. Republicans LOVE stupid people - they're the only ones who fall for their crap. You sir, and one of the idiots making America a worse place by consuming their misleading information like a cow eating grass.
True story.
AND - just for those who can't keep all those words together long enough to comprehend what I wrote:
Koch Brothers ---> Coal Plants ----> BIG PROFITS--->>>BIG POLLUTION-->--Koch Brothers---> Big $$$$$-----> DONORS TRUST NETWORK--> BIG $$$$----->COMMITTEE FOR A CONSTRUCTIVE TOMORROW---->>>> > PROPAGANDA ARTICLE ---->>> UNINFORMED RIGHT-WING WACKO PROPAGANDA SLURPER-----> VOTING BOOTH----->>> A worse America.
I hope I am around to take a picture of you sitting at your computer trying to type another one of your B.S. post when the power goes off. How are you going to use your computer? Lets see just how well you and this country can run on only a small amount of electricity due to all the coal fired electric generating plants being shut down.
Coal is probably one if not the most abundant energy source this country has. This country was made powerful and well off by the use of coal over it's history.
Americans electric bills are going to rise drastically due to the coal fired generating plant shutdowns and the fines that Obama's EPA will issue against the remaining ones that are allowed to stay open.
Cheap plentiful energy made this country into the greatest in the world and people such as yourself wish to see our country decline and fail by government rules and restrictions against coal.
I think you are in the wrong country. You need to go to China and tell them what to do as they are the one's that have a pollution problem. We don't. Well head on over there. Scared? Afraid they will shoot you?
ChicknButt

Norcross, GA

#28244 Oct 22, 2013
BS IS Called wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why didn't you just post the "readers digest" version in the first place?
Sometimes people aren't into the whole brevity thing, man.

Douglasville, GA

#28245 Oct 22, 2013
Idiots Abound wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, did I suggest we should raise the debt ceiling? Was I cheerleader for that? No, never said a word about it. But you really don't have reading comprehension anyways (more like reading apprehension.)
We all know the problem is that instead of Congress working on reducing spending and finding ways to solve financial issues, they were tied up by a few Teapublicans closing the government down. Counterproductive to say the least.
Last I heard, by the way, is that Congress is made up of REPUBLICANS and DEMOCRATS, so both parties at fault for the financial fiasco we're in. And we all know that they've been at fault for years, spending more money than we have coming in. A couple of useless wars certainly didn't help in keeping our national budget to a workable level.
The only way anybody in this government does anything is either to try to buy some votes or by force. The Tea Party brought the Spending Cap and the huge cost of Obama care to the peoples attention. If the Obama Administration would have negotiated and actually cut spending and tried to lower the spending cap, the government would not have been partially shut down. So blaming it on the Tea Party is ridiculous. They only lit the fuse. Obama could have cut the fuse if he had wanted to.
silver foxx

Nashville, GA

#28246 Oct 22, 2013
Idiots Abound wrote:
<quoted text>
Well... except for those guys who blew up the Oklahoma Federal building... they were Christians, right. They don't count.
Nope, they were anti government & anti America.
They blasted a FEDERAL building and all those innocent babies to bits. They may as well have been Muslim.

I'm sure that bombing makes the list of things that both terrorists AND muslims like to do.

So what's your point?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Douglasville, GA

#28247 Oct 22, 2013
Idiots Abound wrote:
<quoted text>
Get real, is that the best you can do? I posted a web site months ago to end this stupid argument and I see OMTE used one a few pages back. I will look in my library and give you the sites again. After you review these sites you will know just how stupid you and others trying to argue this point look.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/ameri...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Douglasville, GA

#28248 Oct 22, 2013
silver foxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, they were anti government & anti America.
They blasted a FEDERAL building and all those innocent babies to bits. They may as well have been Muslim.
I'm sure that bombing makes the list of things that both terrorists AND muslims like to do.
So what's your point?
He has no point. Just more apples and oranges trying to disguise that he has no point.
ChicknButt

Norcross, GA

#28249 Oct 22, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope I am around to take a picture of you sitting at your computer trying to type another one of your B.S. post when the power goes off. How are you going to use your computer? Lets see just how well you and this country can run on only a small amount of electricity due to all the coal fired electric generating plants being shut down.
Coal is probably one if not the most abundant energy source this country has. This country was made powerful and well off by the use of coal over it's history.
Americans electric bills are going to rise drastically due to the coal fired generating plant shutdowns and the fines that Obama's EPA will issue against the remaining ones that are allowed to stay open.
Cheap plentiful energy made this country into the greatest in the world and people such as yourself wish to see our country decline and fail by government rules and restrictions against coal.
I think you are in the wrong country. You need to go to China and tell them what to do as they are the one's that have a pollution problem. We don't. Well head on over there. Scared? Afraid they will shoot you?
While what you're talking about is on the fringes of being related - it's really a complete change of subject.

My post was about the motivation and money behind the false propaganda, and how idiots suck that propaganda up like it came from a juice-box of yoohoo.

Your post is about the benefits of cheap energy and how to get it.

I'd much rather talk about the blatant multi-hundreds of millions dollar propaganda assault being waged on the idiots and rednecks of America - and how gullible right-wingers just can't get enough of that bad information - because it's what they WANT to hear.

Some other great civilizations besides ours have been built on cheap energy. At one time cheap energy meant lot's of humans doing hard manual labor. The Roman civilization required many slaves to function, and there were slave markets in every major Roman city. Romans brout in hundreds of thousands of slaves from EACH of their wars, from as early on as 177BC to the end of Romes influence in the world.

Cheap labor- required to maintain the Roman way of life. So it made slavery "OK".

Cheap energy - required to maintain the American way of life. So it makes pollution and worldwide environmental destruction "ok".

You're not making a very compelling argument.
ChicknButt

Norcross, GA

#28251 Oct 22, 2013
Big-Dave -

Here are some of the problems with some of our energy sources.

Petroleum Coke energy byproducts. What's interesting is that Petroleum coke can't be used in teh US, so they ship it across the world and they burn it over there. Wouldn't the US be so much nicer if we just burned that over here? It sure would make more profits for the guys who own that poison.

http://rt.com/usa/koch-tar-waste-piles-chicag...

Below are some excerpts - but please read the whole article for the full story.

The uncertainty is spreading throughout the region as more cities facilitate the Alberta-based tar sands industry. Each barrel of oil shipped from Canada produces between 60 and 130 lbs of pet-coke. That is then sent overseas and incinerated in electricity generators because the Environmental Protection Agency has stopped issuing permits for the burning of pet-coke inside the US.

“This is dirtier than the dirtiest fuel,” Gay Peters, a Michigan politician who represents the lot where the pet-coke pile was stored, told the Guardian.“We need to know more about this material and the impact on communities. I don’t think enough is known.”

Douglasville, GA

#28252 Oct 22, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
The contractor warned months ago there was a problem with the website and the coup de grace came when the Obama administration told the contractor to remove the ability for visitors to investigate the site and get an idea of the cost BEFORE they registered and gave vast amounts of personal data. Now why would the administration want people to register before they find out that the premiums are higher than expected and the deductibles are higher than expected?
“Healthcare.gov was initially going to include an option to browse before registering,” report Christopher Weaver and Louise Radnofsky in the Wall Street Journal.“But that tool was delayed, people familiar with the situation said.” Why was it delayed?“An HHS spokeswoman said the agency wanted to ensure that users were aware of their eligibility for subsidies that could help pay for coverage, BEFORE THEY STARTED SEEING THE PRICES OF POLICIES.”(Emphasis added.)
As for the states, they warned the administration months ago there were problems. If this administration were mature and responsible they would have come out and said "This is far more complex than we anticipated. Common sense dictates that we delay ANY implementation of Obamacare, not just those provisions we have already delayed in order to have a product ready for consumer consumption. If this is as important to us as we claim, we must ensure it is done right." .....don't we wish that kind of responsibility had held sway.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/201... +(Business+on+The+Huffington+P ost)
Your right Aggie. Just who in their right mind goes to a web site and gives them all their personal information and credit card number before even seeing what they are buying? That makes no sense.
Being the curious soul that I am, is making me wonder why the only news in this country is the Obamacare web site problems. It is now on 24 hours a day 7 days a week on all the news media. It isn't because all the media hates Obama or Obamacare either.
Why does the government want everyone talking and thinking about that instead of--- What?
What is so bad that we are being spoon feed this Obamacare website crap? Must be something pretty big as Obama would rather talk about his crashing pet project and get slammed for it than move on to something else. Could it be one of the other scandals that he wants us to forget about? Could the economy be really turning worse? Is this a cover to try and push through some very unpopular legislation? Something is up but I don't know what it is.
Anyone with some insight?

Douglasville, GA

#28253 Oct 22, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
While what you're talking about is on the fringes of being related - it's really a complete change of subject.
My post was about the motivation and money behind the false propaganda, and how idiots suck that propaganda up like it came from a juice-box of yoohoo.
Your post is about the benefits of cheap energy and how to get it.
I'd much rather talk about the blatant multi-hundreds of millions dollar propaganda assault being waged on the idiots and rednecks of America - and how gullible right-wingers just can't get enough of that bad information - because it's what they WANT to hear.
Some other great civilizations besides ours have been built on cheap energy. At one time cheap energy meant lot's of humans doing hard manual labor. The Roman civilization required many slaves to function, and there were slave markets in every major Roman city. Romans brout in hundreds of thousands of slaves from EACH of their wars, from as early on as 177BC to the end of Romes influence in the world.
Cheap labor- required to maintain the Roman way of life. So it made slavery "OK".
Cheap energy - required to maintain the American way of life. So it makes pollution and worldwide environmental destruction "ok".
You're not making a very compelling argument.
You are the one not making a compelling argument. Frankly we are all breathing fine as of now as the air in our country has been pretty well cleaned up with modern technology. Stopping the rest of the world from polluting has nothing to do with the use of coal in this country. A great deal of our pollution comes from Asia and environmentalist want to blame us and lower our standard of living for what the rest of the world is doing.
If someone is producing energy and that includes coal, than they should be paid for it. They are selling a product which this country needs and I see no harm in that. I don't care if their name is Koch or Soros.
Would you just shut the country down and ruin our lives just to please a handful of nutty environmentalist?
ChicknButt

Norcross, GA

#28254 Oct 22, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one not making a compelling argument. Frankly we are all breathing fine as of now as the air in our country has been pretty well cleaned up with modern technology. Stopping the rest of the world from polluting has nothing to do with the use of coal in this country. A great deal of our pollution comes from Asia and environmentalist want to blame us and lower our standard of living for what the rest of the world is doing.
If someone is producing energy and that includes coal, than they should be paid for it. They are selling a product which this country needs and I see no harm in that. I don't care if their name is Koch or Soros.
Would you just shut the country down and ruin our lives just to please a handful of nutty environmentalist?
Damnnn dude. Just read what you wrote. Then take a few moments of silence and THINK about what you're saying.

Douglasville, GA

#28255 Oct 22, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
Big-Dave -
Here are some of the problems with some of our energy sources.
Petroleum Coke energy byproducts. What's interesting is that Petroleum coke can't be used in teh US, so they ship it across the world and they burn it over there. Wouldn't the US be so much nicer if we just burned that over here? It sure would make more profits for the guys who own that poison.
http://rt.com/usa/koch-tar-waste-piles-chicag...
Below are some excerpts - but please read the whole article for the full story.
The uncertainty is spreading throughout the region as more cities facilitate the Alberta-based tar sands industry. Each barrel of oil shipped from Canada produces between 60 and 130 lbs of pet-coke. That is then sent overseas and incinerated in electricity generators because the Environmental Protection Agency has stopped issuing permits for the burning of pet-coke inside the US.
“This is dirtier than the dirtiest fuel,” Gay Peters, a Michigan politician who represents the lot where the pet-coke pile was stored, told the Guardian.“We need to know more about this material and the impact on communities. I don’t think enough is known.”
You are aware that the article you wanted me to read is in the Russian Times. I don't think they are ever going to print anything nice about this country and much of it will also be Communist propaganda. There seemed that parts of the article were missing and it was incomplete. It looked and read as if parts had been deleted to slant the article.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Athens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Interracial sex in Athens (Nov '10) 1 hr McBeetus 7
Add.ys.xana.x bl.ack,rox.y bL.ues.etc Apr 7 Legit plug 1
Marc Lofton (Jan '17) Mar '18 Kelly C 10
absolutely free dating sites (Sep '13) Mar '18 zan 4
Moving to Athens (Mar '06) Mar '18 Freddy 12
Affordable housing in athens Jan '18 Samantha 1
News Angry Woman Allegedly Hits Two With Car (Aug '06) Jan '18 brooke 11

Athens Jobs

Personal Finance

Athens Mortgages