whom

Toccoa, GA

#28136 Oct 21, 2013
OMTE wrote:
Sorry chicos..... Looks like no amnesty for ya'll.......:( Go Home!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...
Impeach Obama today before Schumer, Soros, and their hoards of mexican thieves destroy America!

I agree, why should and repub believe Obama the Liar....

then again, there are those rinos......

gored moniker thingy

Cordele, GA

#28137 Oct 21, 2013
together wrote:
<quoted text>
Taken a ride down an Interstate Hwy lately? Flown on an airplane with take off and landing going as it should. Mailed a letter by the U.S. Mail to a person living on a hiking trail in Alaska,and they got it. Gone to a National Park and marveled at what you saw. Gone to the Smithsonian and done the same. Wondered how the state you live in meets its spending requirement, then find out a lot of it comes from the Federal government! Marveled at the pictures as a U.S. satellite passes by Mars. Got and cashed your Social Security check every month? Left the hospital owing almost nothing but your monthly Medicare payment? Watched our military taking care of business while we all sit around and bitch about just about everything?
Ever wonder why the U.S. with the highest cost of medical treatment in the world doesn't even make the best of the top 20 developed countries in the world? Ever pay your $1000.00 health insurance premium and stand in line at the emergency room as people with NO insurance are treated before you and wonder how can this be, they NEVER have to pay? Ever wonder why the local restaurant the first couple of weeks seems to be lost, serving mediocre food with bad service. Like ObamaCare its going to take a while to work out the kinks in a truly huge undertaking. That's what this country does well, huge undertakings. If they don't you will not have a problem getting the votes to kill it in Congress. A lot of people seem to have forgotten that's the place things like that are done. But the saddest thing is they have forgotten what this country can accomplish when we All work together.
nother good post- I admit not knowing how well Obamacare will work in the long run or understanding all of the underlying nuts and bolts of exactly how it is suppose to work. Personally, I thought the whole rotten healthcare system should have been nationalized. But, for the life of me, strictly from a political perspective, I can not understand conservative/republicans obsession with getting it repealed before it is even tried. I mean, if it is a disaster, doomed for failure, etc.- wouldn't this be a political windfall for republicans in upcoming elections? They would then be able to just scrap it and go back to the old rotten system we had. I suspect that there argument that it have cost too much money by then. Right, the few trillion that broke the camels' back
Idiots Abound

Blairsville, GA

#28138 Oct 21, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
How Teapublicans love welfare
- if it's corporate welfare.
McDonald's Billion-Dollar Profit Is Awkwardly Close To The Amount It Costs Taxpayers Every Year
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/21/mcdo...
But... but... but..

They have to bow down to the god of capitalism.

And don't you know, if those workers had taken the many opportunities available life, they would all be millionaires. They want to be poor...
whom

Toccoa, GA

#28139 Oct 21, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
And the first paragraph is completely irrelevant and a strawman the Left loves to trot out. No one on the Right argues that the government has certain functions it alone can do best (and we have no problem paying taxes for those functions)- interstate highways to facilitate interstate commerce, a military for national defense, national postal service (though it has issues), providing for the TRULY needy among the obvious.
Your statement about the top 20 countries in terms of medical care is a red herring - one of their top criteria is nationalized healthcare so of course the US doesn't make it and rarely have I been in a new restaurant that didn't know it was critical to be on top of their game from the get go - and therefore was. The point is that Obamacare is both a highly predictable debacle and one that never need have happened. There were many far less drastic options that could have been implemented to solve the problem of the uninsured without attempting to implement a system whose whole purpose is to achieve the goal Obama stated in 2003 when addressing the AFL-CIO - that of a single payer health system. Those options have been discussed here many times.

And Obamacare is just a prelude to a single payer system, possibly created on purpose to wear down the opposition to where
everyone "cries" Uncle, Obama....

I mean, if you are gonna have the intent to have medical coverage for all, then make sure all pay through a payroll tax, as in medicare, medicaid, s.s., and every other penny the gubmint can squeeze outta you....

Gubmint is gonna get your money, and you'll never get a fair share return from it...how else are those crooks in D.C. gonna pay for their Ferrari and diamond necklaces they give to their mistresses.

And gold watches to the men, from the women crooks...

OMTE

Ford City, PA

#28140 Oct 21, 2013
whom wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, why should and repub believe Obama the Liar....
then again, there are those rinos......
Speakin of RINOs.... I thought that it was interestin that Sen. Chambliss has spent $100,000 of the people's money playin golf, in the last TWO years. What the hell is it with old dudes and golf?
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/21/th...
Get rid of all Democrats and RINOs in 2014 and 16!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
whom

Toccoa, GA

#28141 Oct 21, 2013

A CBS director, also a left wing network, says...

"Dickerson: Obama Headed Toward "Credibility Death Spiral" On Obamacare."

"Credibility Death spiral", sounds good to me..........since he's never had no credibility with conservatives anyway, only rinos...

whom

Toccoa, GA

#28142 Oct 21, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Speakin of RINOs.... I thought that it was interestin that Sen. Chambliss has spent $100,000 of the people's money playin golf, in the last TWO years. What the hell is it with old dudes and golf?
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/21/th...
Get rid of all Democrats and RINOs in 2014 and 16!

I understand when their plumbing quits working, they take up golf....
more expensive than a mistress.......

Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

#28143 Oct 21, 2013
gored moniker thingy wrote:
<quoted text>nother good post- I admit not knowing how well Obamacare will work in the long run or understanding all of the underlying nuts and bolts of exactly how it is suppose to work. Personally, I thought the whole rotten healthcare system should have been nationalized. But, for the life of me, strictly from a political perspective, I can not understand conservative/republicans obsession with getting it repealed before it is even tried. I mean, if it is a disaster, doomed for failure, etc.- wouldn't this be a political windfall for republicans in upcoming elections? They would then be able to just scrap it and go back to the old rotten system we had. I suspect that there argument that it have cost too much money by then. Right, the few trillion that broke the camels' back
TeaPublicans, especially "Crazy Cuz"
have admitted that ObamaCare will work, and that they have to kill it before Americans learn the value of reasonable access to general medical care for themselves and their children.

That's the irony - Teapubublicans admit they are trying to stop a democratically enacted law of the land precisely because it's what Americans will love.

whom

Toccoa, GA

#28144 Oct 21, 2013

"Consumer Reports:‘Stay Away From HealthCare.gov ’"

whom

Toccoa, GA

#28145 Oct 21, 2013

Ron Fournier is worried abut Obama.....
and well he should....

"Why Obama Should Be Freaked Out Over Obamacare"

http://www.nationaljournal.com/white-house/wh...

Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

#28146 Oct 21, 2013
Idiots Abound wrote:
<quoted text>But... but... but..

They have to bow down to the god of capitalism.

And don't you know, if those workers had taken the many opportunities available life, they would all be millionaires. They want to be poor...
How ironic that PBS just did a story of how the Chinese people are demanding their "Communist" government regulate industrial and vehicle created air quality, to attain safe breathing air in that country;
while Teapublicans in America are demanding our government stop regulating air quality so that we have polluted air here as bad as the Chinese have there.

If you were to look up "clueless" in the dictionary you should see a picture of the mindless "Capitalism" worshipping at the feet of Fox Noise,'Ol Rushbo, Hannity, and the Teapublican buffoons, completely unaware they are actually supporting a welfare state - for corporations.
whom

Toccoa, GA

#28147 Oct 21, 2013

"Hannity Dials Obamacare Call Center, Operator Says No One Likes It"

HANNITY: They're really telling you to tell us to check back in on the website in off-hours. Does that mean that I should go on at like three in the morning?

OPERATOR: It was saying early in the morning and late at night, but some people say they do that and still can't get in.

HANNITY: So people are reporting to you the real deal?

OPERATOR: Yes sir, they are.

HANNITY: Have you ever got anybody that really likes it yet?

OPERATOR: Umm, no, not really.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
OMTE

Ford City, PA

#28148 Oct 21, 2013
I thought this was funny video.:)
http://personalliberty.com/2013/10/18/friday-...
Impeach Obama Today!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gored moniker thingy

Cordele, GA

#28149 Oct 21, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
TeaPublicans, especially "Crazy Cuz"
have admitted that ObamaCare will work, and that they have to kill it before Americans learn the value of reasonable access to general medical care for themselves and their children.
That's the irony - Teapubublicans admit they are trying to stop a democratically enacted law of the land precisely because it's what Americans will love.
good point, I think that the teapublicans should start their own party and run some candidates in upcoming elections. They would be sure to gain a lot of support from people who usually vote democratic- hee, hee, hee'
Idiots Abound

Blairsville, GA

#28150 Oct 21, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
How ironic that PBS just did a story of how the Chinese people are demanding their "Communist" government regulate industrial and vehicle created air quality, to attain safe breathing air in that country;
while Teapublicans in America are demanding our government stop regulating air quality so that we have polluted air here as bad as the Chinese have there.
If you were to look up "clueless" in the dictionary you should see a picture of the mindless "Capitalism" worshipping at the feet of Fox Noise,'Ol Rushbo, Hannity, and the Teapublican buffoons, completely unaware they are actually supporting a welfare state - for corporations.
I did what you suggested and looked up "clueless" in the dictionary and there was picture of Bill from Dingbatville, Squinergy, and Who, What, When and Where... along with a few others who post on here.
whom

Toccoa, GA

#28151 Oct 21, 2013
OMTE wrote:
I thought this was funny video.:)
http://personalliberty.com/2013/10/18/friday-...
Impeach Obama Today!

Now that is funny as hell, because it is so correct....

Just sayin

Dahlonega, GA

#28152 Oct 21, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
How Teapublicans love welfare
- if it's corporate welfare.
McDonald's Billion-Dollar Profit Is Awkwardly Close To The Amount It Costs Taxpayers Every Year
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/21/mcdo...
How much of the profit is paid in taxes?
100% of public employees salaries and benefits are on the tax payers dime. A different kind of welfare.
gored moniker thingy

Cordele, GA

#28153 Oct 21, 2013
Idiots Abound wrote:
<quoted text>
I did what you suggested and looked up "clueless" in the dictionary and there was picture of Bill from Dingbatville, Squinergy, and Who, What, When and Where... along with a few others who post on here.
Now that is funny but you had better be careful there- if the 'North Georgia Illuminati' is offended then they may deem you unworthy and render you persona non grata, or worse yet- a non entity. You would really be in deep dung then!
Just sayin

Dahlonega, GA

#28154 Oct 21, 2013
Idiots Abound wrote:
<quoted text>
This astounding display of the virtues of tolerance, love and humility from a graduate of the Alinsky school of charm. Thanks so much.
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

#28155 Oct 21, 2013
Interesting read:

"It felt as if the ocean itself was dead": One sailor's heartbreaking voyage

October 21, 2013 05:38 PM | LINDSAY ABRAMS
View full article at Salon.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Athens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Mon The WB 2,055
just say no to dangerous mammogram Sep 14 WJAbbe 2
Woman reports large group of youths surround he... Sep 12 Victim 2
Dial America commits espionage through wrongful... Sep 12 YOUR MOMMA 2
GA Who do you support for Attorney General in Geor... (Oct '10) Sep 5 faisha 186
London Wal-Mart permit pulled Aug 27 Top Mod 8 1
Missing shiapoo puppy in athens . 7066124854 Aug 26 Mistyb83 3
•••

Athens News Video

•••
•••

Athens Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••