Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Just sayin

Hiawassee, GA

#28152 Oct 21, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
How Teapublicans love welfare
- if it's corporate welfare.
McDonald's Billion-Dollar Profit Is Awkwardly Close To The Amount It Costs Taxpayers Every Year
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/21/mcdo...
How much of the profit is paid in taxes?
100% of public employees salaries and benefits are on the tax payers dime. A different kind of welfare.
gored moniker thingy

Cordele, GA

#28153 Oct 21, 2013
Idiots Abound wrote:
<quoted text>
I did what you suggested and looked up "clueless" in the dictionary and there was picture of Bill from Dingbatville, Squinergy, and Who, What, When and Where... along with a few others who post on here.
Now that is funny but you had better be careful there- if the 'North Georgia Illuminati' is offended then they may deem you unworthy and render you persona non grata, or worse yet- a non entity. You would really be in deep dung then!
Just sayin

Hiawassee, GA

#28154 Oct 21, 2013
Idiots Abound wrote:
<quoted text>
I did what you suggested and looked up "clueless" in the dictionary and there was picture of Bill from Dingbatville, Squinergy, and Who, What, When and Where... along with a few others who post on here.
This astounding display of the virtues of tolerance, love and humility from a graduate of the Alinsky school of charm. Thanks so much.
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

#28155 Oct 21, 2013
Interesting read:

"It felt as if the ocean itself was dead": One sailor's heartbreaking voyage

October 21, 2013 05:38 PM | LINDSAY ABRAMS
View full article at Salon.com

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#28156 Oct 21, 2013
whom wrote:
<quoted text>
I really dont care what you have posted in the past. Every post I've read of yours, you are usually wrong, as you are with this post. First off, you dont know squat about the tea party movement.
Second off, the Tea party is not a southern thing only, or even mostly. There are groups in northern states, western states, all up and down both the eastern seaboard and western seaboard. There are groups in nearly every State where there are patriots against federal gubmint oppression of the rights of citizens, high taxes, unfair taxes, and high national debt...
You only speak the words of all democraps, so we really dont expect any sense out of you.
In all the rest of your post you skip the part about the feds spending $30 billion LESS than they normally do....you also forget to mention the feds spend over $10 billion each day, whether or not there is a shutdown....
And FYI, National debt INCLUDES Obamacare, as does all spending by the feds. So Obamacare is on the same table as all the other budget. To say otherwise is an ignorant statement...
The good of the shutdown; puts into perspective those who support ruining America with huge exploding national debt each year, every year, for many years. The EXPOSURE of them points to the good ole boys made up of libroids and rinos...which many will be lucky to remain in office after 2014.
There are some blue dog demos who support fiscal responsibility but are beat over the head by Reid and Pelosi with clubs....some of those blue dogs are supported by the tea party fyi...
2014 elections will be the real telling of the tape, as the Tea Party has just begun, only 3 years old....while the old demo and repub parties are worn out. The public hates them to the tune of a 5% good rating for Congress....
Amusing at the outrage of the clueless and uneducated liberals in regard to the cost of the shutdown but the debt that Obama has gleefully added is just fine. Love the double standard. The liberals are the dumbest bunch of neanderthals. Waaaaaay down the foodchain.

Location hidden

#28157 Oct 21, 2013
together wrote:
<quoted text>
Taken a ride down an Interstate Hwy lately? Flown on an airplane with take off and landing going as it should. Mailed a letter by the U.S. Mail to a person living on a hiking trail in Alaska,and they got it. Gone to a National Park and marveled at what you saw. Gone to the Smithsonian and done the same. Wondered how the state you live in meets its spending requirement, then find out a lot of it comes from the Federal government! Marveled at the pictures as a U.S. satellite passes by Mars. Got and cashed your Social Security check every month? Left the hospital owing almost nothing but your monthly Medicare payment? Watched our military taking care of business while we all sit around and bitch about just about everything?
Ever wonder why the U.S. with the highest cost of medical treatment in the world doesn't even make the best of the top 20 developed countries in the world? Ever pay your $1000.00 health insurance premium and stand in line at the emergency room as people with NO insurance are treated before you and wonder how can this be, they NEVER have to pay? Ever wonder why the local restaurant the first couple of weeks seems to be lost, serving mediocre food with bad service. Like ObamaCare its going to take a while to work out the kinks in a truly huge undertaking. That's what this country does well, huge undertakings. If they don't you will not have a problem getting the votes to kill it in Congress. A lot of people seem to have forgotten that's the place things like that are done. But the saddest thing is they have forgotten what this country can accomplish when we All work together.
Congratulations. Obamacare is the law and YOU are going to have the privilege of experiencing it. You should be feeling giddy all over. Have you signed up, yet? Oh! Wait! Never mind. Your excuse for people not being able to sign up is so typical of your lousy excuses for the lousy bum who is responsible for this debacle of a law. How can you people be so incredibly stupid?. Amazon handles MILLIONS of hits everyday. All Obama had to do was postpone this long enough for the glitches to get worked out. That's all. HE DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU NOR ANYONE ELSE. Why don't you GET that???????? I am hoping you are exactly right. If we can ever get a TRUE American in office and get rid of the freedom destroying liberals, this law will be killed and something logical and workable will be put in place. You liberals have to some way be stopped.

Location hidden

#28158 Oct 21, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
I am LMAO at this article about the New York City school system. Political Pandering and political correctness will soon have the schools empty with students on holiday. I am just sitting back and watching to see how many more cities are going to follow this example.
Just another example of dumb Americans dumbing down America.
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/10/20/muslim...
Amazing, huh? The terriorists on 9/11 were Muslim and now the NYC school system shuts down to acknowledge their beliefs. Liberals gone wild.

Location hidden

#28159 Oct 21, 2013
it should wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing you got correct was the rating for Congress, its at an all time low, due to the failure of the Tea Party to do ANYTHING but stonewall government.
The national debt is for money already spent that this country owes. ObamaCare is just getting started.
The 30 billion less is money that will still be spent, the money I posted is gone forever.
I have seen what the Tea Party has accomplished on a national level, the list is long, never mind its really NOTHING.
You didn't bother to answer the ONLY question that matters, what did the 16 day government shutdown engineered by the Tea Party accomplish. You didn't answer because you don't know, the answer is more harm to this country and nothing good was accomplished,
that's the history of the Tea Party results, nothing good!
The really sad thing is you don't know what you are talking about, on any level. Almost everything you say is pure bull!
One thing that you have improved on is the number of times you called me names is down. I think that's a trade off considering only one at best two comments in your post is correct, don't you.
One thing that I really believe would help our citizens have a better run government, it an IQ test at the voting booth. You wouldn't like it, but our country would function as it should.
I can give you an accomplishment of the 16 day shutdown. It gave Obama another excuse. Yeah. He is saying that the shutdown is the reason for our economic problems. That fool KNOWS that you Obamabots will walk lock step behind him and agree that the shutdown is the reason that our economy has had problems for the last five years. So, there ya go. There's your accomplishment. You're welcome.

Location hidden

#28160 Oct 21, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
And the first paragraph is completely irrelevant and a strawman the Left loves to trot out. No one on the Right argues that the government has certain functions it alone can do best (and we have no problem paying taxes for those functions)- interstate highways to facilitate interstate commerce, a military for national defense, national postal service (though it has issues), providing for the TRULY needy among the obvious.
Your statement about the top 20 countries in terms of medical care is a red herring - one of their top criteria is nationalized healthcare so of course the US doesn't make it and rarely have I been in a new restaurant that didn't know it was critical to be on top of their game from the get go - and therefore was. The point is that Obamacare is both a highly predictable debacle and one that never need have happened. There were many far less drastic options that could have been implemented to solve the problem of the uninsured without attempting to implement a system whose whole purpose is to achieve the goal Obama stated in 2003 when addressing the AFL-CIO - that of a single payer health system. Those options have been discussed here many times.
+1 Excellent post.
gored moniker thingy

Cordele, GA

#28161 Oct 21, 2013
Just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>This astounding display of the virtues of tolerance, love and humility from a graduate of the Alinsky school of charm. Thanks so much.
...and that is not even the worst of it! Just think- everyone that he named is a conservative/republican! Of course, you would have been equally outraged if they had been liberal/democrats, right. Not to worry, hypocrites are welcome on this thread, too.

Location hidden

#28162 Oct 21, 2013
Idiots Abound wrote:
<quoted text>
Geeeee. You're thso thsmart.

(Glad to see we have gotten under your skin. Makes my day.)
Idiots Abound

Blairsville, GA

#28163 Oct 21, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing, huh? The terriorists on 9/11 were Muslim and now the NYC school system shuts down to acknowledge their beliefs. Liberals gone wild.
A lot different from the schools closing down for Christmas or Easter, right? I mean everyone is Christian... well, except for the Jews, Hindus, Muslims, etc.

Was I mistaken or do we pride ourselves in the good ol' U.S. of A. of having religious freedom (you know, why a good many people immigrated here).
Idiots Abound

Blairsville, GA

#28164 Oct 21, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
I can give you an accomplishment of the 16 day shutdown. It gave Obama another excuse. Yeah. He is saying that the shutdown is the reason for our economic problems. That fool KNOWS that you Obamabots will walk lock step behind him and agree that the shutdown is the reason that our economy has had problems for the last five years. So, there ya go. There's your accomplishment. You're welcome.
Old Bill in dudville is a jerk off, but he does have the perfect reply for your comments in this particular instance: "clueless and uneducated."
Idiots Abound

Blairsville, GA

#28165 Oct 21, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
You, under my skin?? No not really, actually the only feeling I have for you is pity.

Location hidden

#28166 Oct 21, 2013
Idiots Abound wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot different from the schools closing down for Christmas or Easter, right? I mean everyone is Christian... well, except for the Jews, Hindus, Muslims, etc.
Was I mistaken or do we pride ourselves in the good ol' U.S. of A. of having religious freedom (you know, why a good many people immigrated here).
Go ahead and defend the terriorists who killed so many of our citizens. I'm not the least bit surprised. They were muslim. No, I don't support observing their holiday(s). NEVER will. YOU should be ashamed of yourself, but obviously you have no shame.
gored moniker thingy

Cordele, GA

#28167 Oct 21, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
hey cuz syn, are you going to speak to me tonite....

Location hidden

#28168 Oct 21, 2013
Idiots Abound wrote:
<quoted text>
Old Bill in dudville is a jerk off, but he does have the perfect reply for your comments in this particular instance: "clueless and uneducated."
lol YOU idiots are already agreeing with Obama and blaming our woes on the shutdown. Everything I posted was true. You are too funny. You are terribly confused.

Location hidden

#28169 Oct 21, 2013
Idiots Abound wrote:
<quoted text>
You, under my skin?? No not really, actually the only feeling I have for you is pity.
The feeling is mutual. Count on it. Now we find out that you support the muslim scum of 9/11. Your opinion of me is of no value whatsoever. You aren't fit to lick the bottom of a cesspool.
gored moniker thingy

Cordele, GA

#28170 Oct 21, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
The feeling is mutual. Count on it. Now we find out that you support the muslim scum of 9/11. Your opinion of me is of no value whatsoever. You aren't fit to lick the bottom of a cesspool.
et tu, Brute....*cracking up*

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#28171 Oct 21, 2013
Idiots Abound wrote:
<quoted text>
But where does it stop, if you add the Muslim holy days, then shouldn't you add the Jewish holy days (that unlike New York City , most school districts don't recognize) and, as the article mentioned, what about Diwali or the Chinese New Year and on and on. Like it or not, the majority of the nation is Christian so the continued recognition of those holidays that are already a part of the school year is logical. There is no question of "religious freedom" here, those families all have the freedom to practice their religion and celebrate their cultures. And I am quite confident any school would make allowances for any parent that says their child will not be in school for religious reasons without creating school wide holidays for the majority of the parents for whom it will just mean another day to try to arrange childcare and will necessitate extending the school year to account for the increase in holidays. Common sense must be taken into account as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Athens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Offer me solutions Aug 28 Anonymous 1
Nightmares (Mar '17) Aug '17 Earthflower 2
Talk Aug '17 SRK_90194 1
Face riding Aug '17 Yup 1
Moving to Athens (Mar '06) Aug '17 Atillah 11
News Man flees from Oconee police during traffic stop (Jan '16) Aug '17 Atlanta Puppeteer 4
Dos any one know where kara mo (Nov '16) Jun '17 Papa john 2

Athens Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Athens Mortgages