mororic mutt

Cordele, GA

#27306 Oct 15, 2013
whom wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that is funny, and I will rate it as such, also brilliant.
...maybe, but not nearly as funny as a supposedly grown man referring to the male sex organ as a "thingy"- that is not just funny- it is downright ODD!!

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#27307 Oct 15, 2013
mororic mutt wrote:
<quoted text>great post, and I agree with nearly everything that you said. My (main) point is that FNC is hugely popular- and ,by definition, that makes it part of the MSM. My other point is that I believe conservatives sometimes see themselves as 'us against the world', while at other times would like for everyone to think that they speak for the majority of Americans- tough to have it both ways. Thanks for an honest, non-insulting answer.
Okay. I'M not trying to be argumentative here, but your comment about the conservatives viewpoint of "it's us against the world" is pretty patronizing, don't 'cha think? The very same thing can be said about the left's superiority complex. I DO believe YOU have been guilty of claiming that YOU speak for the majority of Americans, have you not? I KNOW that Dahlonega has done so. What IS IT with you liberals living by a double standard??????

Location hidden

#27308 Oct 15, 2013
whom wrote:
<quoted text>
We were hoping you were gone for good, but I see we have no such good luck. go break another leg for a few weeks...
He must enjoy wasting his time posting rants that no one reads? He's a half-witted lunatic who swan dives into his Makers Mark every night. rotfl
mororic mutt

Cordele, GA

#27309 Oct 15, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay. I'M not trying to be argumentative here, but your comment about the conservatives viewpoint of "it's us against the world" is pretty patronizing, don't 'cha think? The very same thing can be said about the left's superiority complex. I DO believe YOU have been guilty of claiming that YOU speak for the majority of Americans, have you not? I KNOW that Dahlonega has done so. What IS IT with you liberals living by a double standard??????
sorry, but I don't recall ever having claimed to have spoken for anyone except myself. I'm sure that I have made statements in reference to how I THOUGHT most Americans, Democrats, or whatever may have felt- but it was just my opinion. You know exactly what I am talking about- how many times have you (and others) lashed out about the MSM. Of course, you don't hesitate to use it when it suits your purpose- that's all I was sayin' and I am mostly in agreement with what "just saying" said. Patronizing? No, I was just being critical.
Laughable

Blairsville, GA

#27310 Oct 15, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
He must enjoy wasting his time posting rants that no one reads? He's a half-witted lunatic who swan dives into his Makers Mark every night. rotfl
Have you ever had an original, intelligent thought? Just curious.
just sayin

Dawsonville, GA

#27311 Oct 15, 2013
A thought.
Let's say you are calling the shots for the NFL. You're in the entertainment business, right?
Now what would you rather have, two teams that never play each other or a "classic rivalry"?
Easy, the rivalry, because more people will engage and spend their money to cheer for their team and by extension enrich the league.
Any chance there's a couple of red phones between the left and right media just to keep the rivalry going?
It may not be this level of collusion, but both sides play against the middle, precisely where most of us live.
Hearst was mistakenly credited with stating, "you supply the pitures and I'll supply the war", a lie that was until very recently taught as fact in many schools and was designed to do what exactly?
Destroy the integrity of journalists or produce the military industrial complex myth? Both?
We are lied to by media, the business community, educators and government. These lies help form our belief system and when we are fully indoctrinated, the real wars begin.

Why do you believe that what you believe is really real?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
mororic mutt

Cordele, GA

#27312 Oct 15, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
If I may jump into this, I thought "just saying"'s answer was excellent. And a network news station that was truly unbiased would be wonderful, but I don't see it happening. I would presume you would not deny that, besides Fox, every news network and other news show (ABC, CBS, NBC) has a leftward slant.
That is what makes them MSM, not their popularity - or lack of same. With the advent of the internet and the proliferation of cable news, the public has access to far more information than ever before. People can research issues on their own, but when every other station colors their reporting to disparage one side of the political debate, is it any wonder that conservatives have an "us against the world" mentality, though in reality it is simply an "us against the Left leaning politicians and the news media that agrees with them and supports them".
The link at the end of the post cites prior polling and surveys over decades that show the liberal leaning of national journalists and the DC journalists, depending on the poll/survey. It also shows how the media as a whole is far more left leaning than the American public at large. One example, in 1992, Clinton won the election with only 43% of the electorate, but 91% of the nation's "top journalists" voted for him. A look at the section comparing how the White House Press Corps voted compared to the general public is also illuminating.
My point is that that Leftward slant comes through in their reporting and for a member of the public who does not look for other information for themselves, either through the internet or through a right leaning news source will not come away with the big picture. Does anyone REALLY believe that Republicans hate children and old people and minorities? But when NEWSWEEK comes out with a magazine cover "The Gingrich who stole Christmas" after the 1994 election - is it any surprise that people looked on Gingrich as a threat? The Tet offensive was a victory for the United States military but ask most anyone old enough to understand the question and most will answer that it was a defeat. Why - because that is how Walter Cronkite portrayed it. That is the power of the media - fortunately that power is no longer so centralized.
http://archive.mrc.org/biasbasics/biasbasics3...
I don't want to get into a long drawn-out argument with you, Ag(hell, I might lose:). But who determines whether CBS, NBC, etc. leans left or right? I bet that a liberal would see it much differently from a conservative. It does not bother me in the least that conservatives have FNC as their 'stalwart of truth'. Right wingers always accuse others of watching MSNBC, etc. I can honestly say that I spent more time typing this reply than I ever have watched it. In fact, I probably watch FNC more than any other news network- but not necessarily out of choice, most of my family, friends, etc. watch it religiously, so I can't help but to. I am sorry but I do think that too many right wingers do have some sort of 'persecution complex' and I think that this has led to their unwillingness to compromise. The democrats are not without blame either. I know people feel that we have "two parties disguised as one", but in my opinion, I have never the two parties more polarized. I just think this is bad and could have disastrous effects for all of us.
mororic mutt

Cordele, GA

#27313 Oct 15, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
It IS considered part of the mainstream media. The poll that I read was actually trying to determine the most moderate. ABC was considered, at that time, the closest to the middle although I don't think it would be considered moderate now. FOX was considered to be right. NBC VERY left; the most left. The others were varying degrees of left. FOX was the ONLY station considered right.
who did the poll? which way did the pollsters lean? see what I mean?
mororic mutt

Cordele, GA

#27314 Oct 15, 2013
just sayin wrote:
A thought.
Let's say you are calling the shots for the NFL. You're in the entertainment business, right?
Now what would you rather have, two teams that never play each other or a "classic rivalry"?
Easy, the rivalry, because more people will engage and spend their money to cheer for their team and by extension enrich the league.
Any chance there's a couple of red phones between the left and right media just to keep the rivalry going?
It may not be this level of collusion, but both sides play against the middle, precisely where most of us live.
Hearst was mistakenly credited with stating, "you supply the pitures and I'll supply the war", a lie that was until very recently taught as fact in many schools and was designed to do what exactly?
Destroy the integrity of journalists or produce the military industrial complex myth? Both?
We are lied to by media, the business community, educators and government. These lies help form our belief system and when we are fully indoctrinated, the real wars begin.
good post- another thought, the current congressional standoff kinda reminds me of old cold war days- USA vs. USSR, you know, there were a lot of people who actually thought that an all-out nuclear war was "winnable".

Location hidden

#27315 Oct 15, 2013
mororic mutt wrote:
<quoted text>sorry, but I don't recall ever having claimed to have spoken for anyone except myself. I'm sure that I have made statements in reference to how I THOUGHT most Americans, Democrats, or whatever may have felt- but it was just my opinion. You know exactly what I am talking about- how many times have you (and others) lashed out about the MSM. Of course, you don't hesitate to use it when it suits your purpose- that's all I was sayin' and I am mostly in agreement with what "just saying" said. Patronizing? No, I was just being critical.
When people speak for America, that IS their opinion. How could it not be? THat is what I mean by the liberal double standard. YOU are stating your opinion, but those on the Right aren't. There is NO DIFFERENCE regardless of what you liberals tell yourselves. The MSM IS left wing with the exception of FOX. Remember when I stated that the FOX program called The Five had ONE liberal on the panel and you stated that having ONE liberal and FOUR conservatives wasn't FAIR???? Remember that? Why is it if the RIGHT states that the MSM is liberal....we are suiting our purpose? So! One liberal to four conservatives on a panel is NOT fair? But NUMEROUS left leaning stations compared to ONE right leaning station IS fair. This explanation is rather convoluted, but you'll understand it if you TRULY want to.

Location hidden

#27316 Oct 15, 2013
Laughable wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever had an original, intelligent thought? Just curious.
Why do you care?

Location hidden

#27317 Oct 15, 2013
mororic mutt wrote:
<quoted text>who did the poll? which way did the pollsters lean? see what I mean?
Are you denying that the MSM is left wing? Seriously? lol Come ON, MM. Okay. If you are going to suggest that the MSM is NOT left wing, then I am going to suggest that FOX is NOT right wing. How about that?
It's been quite some time ago, but I think it was a Pew Research poll. I can't swear to it, but I think it was. It "could" have been Reuters. Just not sure.
If you've ever listened to Brian Williams on NBC, you wouldn't even be asking.

Location hidden

#27318 Oct 15, 2013
just sayin wrote:
A thought.
Your last sentence nails it. No. I'm not sure that what I'm hearing or what everyone else is hearing is real. The Truman Show? Who knows?
mororic mutt

Cordele, GA

#27319 Oct 15, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
If I may jump into this, I thought "just saying"'s answer was excellent. And a network news station that was truly unbiased would be wonderful, but I don't see it happening. I would presume you would not deny that, besides Fox, every news network and other news show (ABC, CBS, NBC) has a leftward slant.
That is what makes them MSM, not their popularity - or lack of same. With the advent of the internet and the proliferation of cable news, the public has access to far more information than ever before. People can research issues on their own, but when every other station colors their reporting to disparage one side of the political debate, is it any wonder that conservatives have an "us against the world" mentality, though in reality it is simply an "us against the Left leaning politicians and the news media that agrees with them and supports them".
The link at the end of the post cites prior polling and surveys over decades that show the liberal leaning of national journalists and the DC journalists, depending on the poll/survey. It also shows how the media as a whole is far more left leaning than the American public at large. One example, in 1992, Clinton won the election with only 43% of the electorate, but 91% of the nation's "top journalists" voted for him. A look at the section comparing how the White House Press Corps voted compared to the general public is also illuminating.
My point is that that Leftward slant comes through in their reporting and for a member of the public who does not look for other information for themselves, either through the internet or through a right leaning news source will not come away with the big picture. Does anyone REALLY believe that Republicans hate children and old people and minorities? But when NEWSWEEK comes out with a magazine cover "The Gingrich who stole Christmas" after the 1994 election - is it any surprise that people looked on Gingrich as a threat? The Tet offensive was a victory for the United States military but ask most anyone old enough to understand the question and most will answer that it was a defeat. Why - because that is how Walter Cronkite portrayed it. That is the power of the media - fortunately that power is no longer so centralized.
http://archive.mrc.org/biasbasics/biasbasics3...
I know that I said I wasn't going to do this but I can't resist asking. If their left wing bias is what designates them as MSM, then what do you call a right wing network/program? How about S&M- kiddin!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#27320 Oct 15, 2013
mororic mutt wrote:
<quoted text>I don't want to get into a long drawn-out argument with you, Ag(hell, I might lose:). But who determines whether CBS, NBC, etc. leans left or right? I bet that a liberal would see it much differently from a conservative. It does not bother me in the least that conservatives have FNC as their 'stalwart of truth'. Right wingers always accuse others of watching MSNBC, etc. I can honestly say that I spent more time typing this reply than I ever have watched it. In fact, I probably watch FNC more than any other news network- but not necessarily out of choice, most of my family, friends, etc. watch it religiously, so I can't help but to. I am sorry but I do think that too many right wingers do have some sort of 'persecution complex' and I think that this has led to their unwillingness to compromise. The democrats are not without blame either. I know people feel that we have "two parties disguised as one", but in my opinion, I have never the two parties more polarized. I just think this is bad and could have disastrous effects for all of us.
I agree that one's own political viewpoint greatly colors how one sees the news and of course we typically watch those who support our positions, it is only human nature. I would just like to see people be honest about it. I think I am safe in saying that we on the right bring up MSNBC because it is by far the most egregious of the Left leaning media. They picked the bottom of the barrel to come up with the hosts of those shows. Which also probably explains its dismal ratings. But do you really think you can argue that ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and all their various cable outlets slant left? And against all those networks favorable to the Dems there stands ONE little station, FOX news - and the Left can't stand that it exists at all, they want their monopoly back. And to add insult to injury, FOX blows them out of the water in prime time.

And wouldn't you have a persecution complex too if you were called a racist just because you happen to disagree with the Democrat position of encouraging dependence on the government or because you disagree with the Democrat president who just happens to be black. It doesn't matter how much evidence a conservative gives to support their position, the default position is that they're racist - I think you will agree that the Libs on this forum have proven that is the "weapon" of choice time and time again.

And just who is unwilling to compromise here? Reid and Obama stated over and over that "we will not negotiate until Obamacare is funded and the govt shutdown is ended." And if the Republicans cave (which I still fear based on McConnell and Boehner being the leaders) then they have just lost any leverage with which to negotiate so by default Dems win. That's the true extortion, the Republicans offered to fund EVERYTHING but Obamacare, and to then negotiate on that. It was the Dems who chose to make this as painful as possible for as many people as possible.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#27321 Oct 15, 2013
mororic mutt wrote:
<quoted text>I know that I said I wasn't going to do this but I can't resist asking. If their left wing bias is what designates them as MSM, then what do you call a right wing network/program? How about S&M- kiddin!
sigh..........
mororic mutt

Cordele, GA

#27322 Oct 15, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you denying that the MSM is left wing? Seriously? lol Come ON, MM. Okay. If you are going to suggest that the MSM is NOT left wing, then I am going to suggest that FOX is NOT right wing. How about that?
It's been quite some time ago, but I think it was a Pew Research poll. I can't swear to it, but I think it was. It "could" have been Reuters. Just not sure.
If you've ever listened to Brian Williams on NBC, you wouldn't even be asking.
Doesn't MSM= main stream media? If so, then I would say that part of it most certainly does have a 'left bias', like MSNBC, for example. But another part(ie.FNC) is right wing and I think some others are more or less neutral. You are perfect example of the 'woe is us','they are all out to get us' paranoia that I was talking about.

Location hidden

#27323 Oct 16, 2013
mororic mutt wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn't MSM= main stream media? If so, then I would say that part of it most certainly does have a 'left bias', like MSNBC, for example. But another part(ie.FNC) is right wing and I think some others are more or less neutral. You are perfect example of the 'woe is us','they are all out to get us' paranoia that I was talking about.
How about naming those "neutral" networks.
Interesting. I took the time to explain to you about a poll that I read months ago because YOU made an inflamatory statement about conservatives and now all of a sudden, I am the PERFECT example of what you were referring to. I'm not the least bit paranoid about the media. The proof is there. You just happen to support the same side it does, so it's easy for you to feign surprise at statements in regard to biasness. I had the audacity to call to mind a reversal of thinking that you had in a previous post and THAT is what has ticked you off. Let me understand the rules of how we are to play the game. YOU toss out the insults and I ( and the rest of us) agree with you. Is that what I ( and the rest of us) need to remember? Now, I am going to tell you what YOU are a perfect example of. You are a perfect example of someone with a hair trigger temper.
just sayin

Dawsonville, GA

#27324 Oct 16, 2013
mororic mutt wrote:
<quoted text>good post- another thought, the current congressional standoff kinda reminds me of old cold war days- USA vs. USSR, you know, there were a lot of people who actually thought that an all-out nuclear war was "winnable".
You may be on to something there. The idea of mutually assured destruction is the real deterrent.
How do we here in our little north Georgia community
slow down the speeding train of mutually assured destruction in the form of political disagreement?
I don't trust the politicians to do it, they would lose their power.
We could start this by simply stopping the hurling of insults.
We could quit regurgitating the political lines fed to us and by asking genuine questions.
I'm going to give it a try because oviously the alternative is not working.
gored moniker thingy

Cordele, GA

#27325 Oct 16, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
How about naming those "neutral" networks.
Interesting. I took the time to explain to you about a poll that I read months ago because YOU made an inflamatory statement about conservatives and now all of a sudden, I am the PERFECT example of what you were referring to. I'm not the least bit paranoid about the media. The proof is there. You just happen to support the same side it does, so it's easy for you to feign surprise at statements in regard to biasness. I had the audacity to call to mind a reversal of thinking that you had in a previous post and THAT is what has ticked you off. Let me understand the rules of how we are to play the game. YOU toss out the insults and I ( and the rest of us) agree with you. Is that what I ( and the rest of us) need to remember? Now, I am going to tell you what YOU are a perfect example of. You are a perfect example of someone with a hair trigger temper.
I really don't watch the networks(CBS,NBC,ABC) news enough to make an objective analysis, but I think that it is just a 30 minute broadcast, right. Okay, at least ten minutes of that is commercials, that leaves about 20 for news, of which most is about current events like floods, earthquakes, murders, etc., now you are trying to tell me that Brian Williams(or WHOMEVER) can somehow use the minute or two left to preach the virtues of the far left, socialism, the welfare state, etc.? C'mon now, and this the threat you perceive. OMG! boogymen everywhere.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Athens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
how can i buy dip underage May 12 dipper_king99 1
how can i dip in class and not get caught May 7 dipper_king99 1
where do i go to get dip an not get carded May 6 redneck life 1
where can i buy dip underage May 6 redneck life 1
Another UGA Student found DEAD...... May 4 News Dawg 1
News Connor Byers - Music's Next Big Thing Apr '15 basketball232323 2
News Huge metal rooster found in forest following Ge... Apr '15 Christaliban 3
More from around the web

Athens People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE