Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Now

Dahlonega, GA

#26096 Oct 3, 2013

"With a federal government shutdown looming tonight at midnight, House Republicans are proposing a short-term budget that would delay the individual mandate a year, but Senate Democrats are unlikely to agree. In surveying earlier this month, 56% of voters agreed a shutdown would be bad for the economy, but 51% were willing to risk a shutdown until Democrats and Republicans agree on what spending for the health care law to cut. Rasmussen Reports will release new numbers on the shutdown at 10:30 am Eastern today."

51% is a majority, mostly tea party patroits.......which will show up in elections in 2014....
Those people vote when no one else will..

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#26097 Oct 3, 2013
just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama gets to decide what stays open and what does not. Another poor decision by der leader.
He is a petulant child and VERY vindictive. To think that ANYONE would challenge HIM!!!!!
Take a look at what he has chosen to close. He is holding the people of this country hostage because he has been challenged. He REFUSES to negotiate. This is ON HIM.
Now

Dahlonega, GA

#26098 Oct 3, 2013
trust the Dear Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
For once,zero follower chickinass is right!

Good confirmation of a post........

Location hidden

#26099 Oct 3, 2013
just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>What do you get when you cross a hog with pelosi?
Nothing. Some things even a hog won't do.
Okay. This is GOOD. I burst out laughing. Awesome.

Location hidden

#26100 Oct 3, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
There's nothing to negotiate. Either they choose to pay our bills or they don't. No conditions - nothing tied in - pay our bills or don't.
The Republicans appear to choose not to. There couldn't be a more simple issue.
Well, one thing is for sure. You certainly didn't grow a brain while you were "supposedly" away.
You don't even believe what you posted. At least I hope you don't.
plus
The Democrats are the ones who don't want to pay the bills. This is on them. It's on Obama's watch. He is incredibly ineffective. Horrible so called "leader". Can't believe you voted for him. You got what you voted for. He won't negotiate, so he's not going to get ANYTHING. Yep! Simple.

Location hidden

#26101 Oct 3, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
The dems continuing resolution says "let's pay our bills". Period. Nothing attached.
What's unacceptable about paying or bills?
They lie. They refused to negotiate brfore, so....... NADA. Obama is showing how pathetic he is. It will be on Obama's watch. Let's see if he throws one of his stomping childish fits.
(Still can't believe you voted for him TWICE. Daaaaaaang.)

Location hidden

#26102 Oct 3, 2013
just sayin wrote:
http://www.realclearpolitics.c om/epolls/other/president_obam a_job_approval-1044.html
It dropped another point since yesterday! Surprise. Surprise.

Location hidden

#26103 Oct 3, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have come to the conclusion that they are Fascist not Marxist.
Neal Boortz has said that all along.

Location hidden

#26104 Oct 3, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have come to the conclusion that they are Fascist not Marxist.
MY problem with that is I don't consider them extreme right wingers.

Location hidden

#26105 Oct 3, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
The following is absolutely accurate:
"There are enough Republicans and Democrats in the House of Representatives today that if the speaker of the House, John Boehner, simply let the bill get on the floor for an up or down vote, every congressman could vote their conscience, the shutdown would end today," Obama said in a speech in Rockville, Maryland.
"The only thing that is keeping the government shut down, the only thing preventing people from going back to work, and basic research starting back up, and farmers and small business owners, getting their loans -- the only thing that's preventing all that from happening right now today, in the next five minutes, is that Speaker John Boehner won't even let the bill get a yes or no vote because he doesn't want to anger the extremists in his party."
~President of the Unites States of America Barack Obama
It sums up exactly what is happening.
Ummmmm.....yeah. Obama said it, so it MUST be true. ROTFL He is the biggest liar EVER. Are you EVER going to stop believing that renegade's LIES??????????
Obama = BLAME GAME Always has and always will.
just sayin

Cleveland, GA

#26106 Oct 3, 2013
Informed Opinion

Jefferson, GA

#26107 Oct 3, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
The following is absolutely accurate:

"There are enough Republicans and Democrats in the House of Representatives today that if the speaker of the House, John Boehner, simply let the bill get on the floor for an up or down vote, every congressman could vote their conscience, the shutdown would end today," Obama said in a speech in Rockville, Maryland.

"The only thing that is keeping the government shut down, the only thing preventing people from going back to work, and basic research starting back up, and farmers and small business owners, getting their loans -- the only thing that's preventing all that from happening right now today, in the next five minutes, is that Speaker John Boehner won't even let the bill get a yes or no vote because he doesn't want to anger the extremists in his party."

~President of the Unites States of America Barack Obama

It sums up exactly what is happening.
Great post.

Ok children, a lesson in civics. Y

We had elections.

The people voted.

They elected Senators, Representatives, and a President.

The Senators and Representatives passed ObamaCare as a bill.

The President signed the bill into law.

Right Wingers challenged the law in the Right Wing Supreme Court.

The Supreme Court held the law was Constitutional.

Then, having lost the elections,
lost in the Congress,
lost the Presidency, and
lost in the Courts,
the Right Wingers have resorted to terrorism to stop democracy from working.

Is there any doubt that Right Wingers hate democracy ?
Informed Opinion

Jefferson, GA

#26108 Oct 3, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>He is a petulant child and VERY vindictive. To think that ANYONE would challenge HIM!!!!!
Take a look at what he has chosen to close. He is holding the people of this country hostage because he has been challenged. He REFUSES to negotiate. This is ON HIM.
Don't worry, he's still sending you that government check, so Right Wing Terrorists can continue to eat while they attack America's economy.

Informed Opinion

Jefferson, GA

#26109 Oct 3, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>They lie. They refused to negotiate brfore, so....... NADA. Obama is showing how pathetic he is. It will be on Obama's watch. Let's see if he throws one of his stomping childish fits.
(Still can't believe you voted for him TWICE. Daaaaaaang.)
Yep...

Right Wingers lost the elections and lost in Court, now they want to "negotiate" after the game is over.

Typical Right Wong Whiny Losers - still whining even after the game is over.

Let us know if New England is negotiating with Atlanta about who won last Sunday's game.

Oh wait... The Falcon's players aren't wing losers, they don't demand negotiations after they lose.
Doo

Dalton, GA

#26110 Oct 3, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmmm.....yeah. Obama said it, so it MUST be true. ROTFL He is the biggest liar EVER. Are you EVER going to stop believing that renegade's LIES??????????
Obama = BLAME GAME Always has and always will.
If I had the choice to believe Obama or a right winger windbag like you I would go with Obama every time. You have absolutely no credibility. Why rant on. You know the 40 Tea Part Poops are the ones calling the shots holding the whole Nation hostage for the super rich they represent. Even Boehner is scared of them or of losing his good job as speaker. People are dying because of these 40 people. Need to send them the funeral bills.
Doo

Dalton, GA

#26111 Oct 3, 2013
It is in Obama's favor to let the shut down continue. Stop food stamps on the hungry, stop cancer treatments on children and mothers and let the die I guess. Beohner is the only one that can stand like a man and let it go to a vote...the way is it suppose to be in America. Not blackmailing! One of the Republicans worst habbits is they think they can lie out of anything. Not here baby!
just sayin

Cleveland, GA

#26112 Oct 3, 2013
just sayin

Cleveland, GA

#26113 Oct 3, 2013
Panic has set in among the progressives that high jacked the democrat party.
They're running around screaming lies about how they aren't to blame for the partial slow down of the federal government. Then they project their fears onto everyone else. After this they begin with one stupid statement after another, explaining to America's enemies how to attack us, trying to convince the financial markets that certain gloom and doom is imminent; using measures to punish average Americans by spending more to carry out the punishment than leaving things alone would,name calling, refusal to negotiate on anything whatsoever. I could go on.
What is that? This is what they are always doing? OK, never mind. My bad.
Maybe they can sign up for the unfunded obamacare insurance and get group therapy. No, they won't. They would never pay for something out of their own well lined pockets.
Informed Opinion

Jefferson, GA

#26114 Oct 3, 2013
just sayin wrote:
Panic has set in among the progressives that high jacked the democrat party.
They're running around screaming lies about how they aren't to blame for the partial slow down of the federal government. Then they project their fears onto everyone else. After this they begin with one stupid statement after another, explaining to America's enemies how to attack us, trying to convince the financial markets that certain gloom and doom is imminent; using measures to punish average Americans by spending more to carry out the punishment than leaving things alone would,name calling, refusal to negotiate on anything whatsoever. I could go on.
What is that? This is what they are always doing? OK, never mind. My bad.
Maybe they can sign up for the unfunded obamacare insurance and get group therapy. No, they won't. They would never pay for something out of their own well lined pockets.
NEWS FLASH. NEWS FLASH. NEWS FL

Co-President ?

Right Wing Republicans announced today that they are not only holding America's economy hostage over Law known as ObamaCare, but that they now refuse to fund any government programs until Obama agrees to negotiate the results of the 2012 Presidential Election and make "Crazy Cruz" America's first Co-President."

Sen. "Crazy as Hell" Cruz announced that Right Wing Wackos will not fund the government until Obama agrees to negotiate whether he should be allowed to remain President or not.

"Crazy Cruz" stated " As we have proven in regards to OabamaCare, it doesn't matter if it's the law, what matters is if we Right Wing Wackos like it. ObamaCare is the law, but we don't like it- so we'll destroy America until we get out way.

Obama is the democratically elected President, but we don't like it - and we'll destroy America unless he agrees to make me Co-President. The fact he refuses to negotiate is proof he's at fault when we shut down the government until I am made Co-President.

Location hidden

#26115 Oct 3, 2013
Doo wrote:
<quoted text>
If I had the choice to believe Obama or a right winger windbag like you I would go with Obama every time. You have absolutely no credibility. Why rant on. You know the 40 Tea Part Poops are the ones calling the shots holding the whole Nation hostage for the super rich they represent. Even Boehner is scared of them or of losing his good job as speaker. People are dying because of these 40 people. Need to send them the funeral bills.
Well, obviously you DID believe the liar Obama and look where it has gotten us. THANKS. The fact that you STILL believe him speaks VOLUMES about your mentality. This is on Obama's watch. He is responsible. YOU are responsible. When are you liberals going to grow up and accept responsibility? Apparently....NEVER. Rave on and keep believing the LIES. Pa-the-TIC.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Athens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Photos: Cyclists ride the proposed Firefly Trail Apr '17 Kanada 1
Nightmares Mar '17 Krae12203 1
UGA Law First Annual 5k Mar '17 IPleadThe5k 1
Amazon censoring books for Israel Mar '17 Jim Fetzer 2
Remove all health care subsidies for Congress ... Mar '17 wjabbe 3
Marc Lofton Mar '17 Concerned Traveller 6
Taya Leigh mills Feb '17 sally 1

Athens Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance