Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#25398 Sep 24, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure I get it, but do you...
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/08/...
...So Grassley’s amendment created a situation for government workers that Republicans claimed, falsely, the law would create for everybody else: forcing them off their employer insurance and on to the exchanges. Grassley’s amendment didn’t even attempt to design a coherent way of changing health-care worker benefits, because, again, it wasn’t an attempt to reform health care for Congress and its staff — it was an attempt to furnish a talking point for Rush Limbaugh and Fox News. It yanked away the subsidized health insurance Congress and its staff get, essentially imposing a massive pay cut on those workers.
http://blogs.rollcall.com/218/some-gop-member...
House Republicans still don’t like Obamacare — or Obama, for that matter. But at least some of them conceded Friday the president did the right thing in making sure they and their staff wouldn’t lose their health care subsidies under the law.
“There’s no question it was the right thing to do,” said freshmen Rep. Chris Stewart, R-Utah.“Not just for me, but for my staff. Heavens, I have staff who don’t make much money. This would be a really big bite for them.”
Another Republican congressman described the White House’s intervention as a “relief,” as one aide in his office made around just $30,000 a year and had a child with many health issues. The member wanted to remain anonymous in sensitivity to his staffer’s privacy.
...There had been considerable anxiety that the provision of the law forcing members and staff into the exchanges did not provide for the government to continue subsidizing their insurance — potentially costing each of them thousands of dollars out of pocket a year at a time when paychecks in many House members’ offices have been frozen or cut in the past three and a half years because of budget cuts.
Members of both parties had been privately clamoring for the White House to resolve the situation — and passing a legislative fix would have been a dicey proposition given the partisan dispute over the law.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...
...The Obama administration's compromise is to permit the federal government to contribute toward employee insurance on the exchanges, but to render those employees ineligible for any tax credits or subsidies.
"Members of Congress and their staff must go into the exchange," said an administration official. "No ands, ifs, or buts. They will not be eligible in any way for subsidies or tax credits. But they don't lose their current employer contribution."
And, once again, absolutely none of this addresses the fact that Congress and their staffers are receiving a benefit no other American does. All Americans on the exchanges must pay their insurance premiums. ONLY those who fall under 400% of the Federal Poverty Level are eligible for any tax credits/subsidies. The MAXIMUM income eligible for ANY form of subsidy is $45,960 for an individual or $94,200 for a family of four.
Now along comes Congress and their staff, they do not have to worry about the tax credit/subsidy or whether or not they make too much money to be eligible. Thanks to the exemption they will get their old subsidies (adjusted for inflation of course) NO MATTER WHAT their income. Get it - they don't have to qualify for a subsidy, they get it automatically. Whether or not they are the lowly staffer that makes $30,000 or the Chief of Staff who (in 2009) made $120,000.

No matter how many posts you cut and paste (repeatedly)- it will not change the fact that they are getting a benefit no other American can get - unless of course they go to work for Congress.

Unless you have something new, please don't bother.
silver foxx

Rebecca, GA

#25399 Sep 24, 2013
Synergy wrote:
Pelosi strikes AGAIN. This woman is so out of touch with reality, she should join the Topix liberals in the looney bin. I cannot BELIEVE this idiot.
http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/09/23/pelosi...
Wow! Can you actually believe Obama's administration allows her to speak at all??? In public?? Dear me, they need to lock her away & throw away the key. Says so much about the party who elected her.

Location hidden

#25400 Sep 24, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure I get it, but do you...
(DELETED FOR IRRELEVANCY)
And, once again, absolutely none of this addresses the fact that Congress and their staffers are receiving a benefit no other American does. All Americans on the exchanges must pay their insurance premiums. ONLY those who fall under 400% of the Federal Poverty Level are eligible for any tax credits/subsidies. The MAXIMUM income eligible for ANY form of subsidy is $45,960 for an individual or $94,200 for a family of four.
Now along comes Congress and their staff, they do not have to worry about the tax credit/subsidy or whether or not they make too much money to be eligible. Thanks to the exemption they will get their old subsidies (adjusted for inflation of course) NO MATTER WHAT their income. Get it - they don't have to qualify for a subsidy, nor are they limited to the amount of the subsidy as authorized by the ACA formula, they get it automatically. Whether or not they are the lowly staffer that makes $30,000 or the Chiefs of Staff who (in 2009) made $120,000.

No matter how many posts you cut and paste (repeatedly)- it will not change the fact that they are getting a benefit no other American can get - unless of course they go to work for Congress.

Location hidden

#25401 Sep 24, 2013
Synergy wrote:
Pelosi strikes AGAIN. This woman is so out of touch with reality, she should join the Topix liberals in the looney bin. I cannot BELIEVE this idiot.
http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/09/23/pelosi...
That was stunning. Could all that botox have frozen her brain?

Pelosi highlights:

"We have to pass the bill to find out what's in it.

"Every week we don't pass a stimulus package, 500 million Americans lose their jobs."
Wow, and here I thought the total US population was only around 315 million.

"Unemployment benefits are creating jobs faster than practically any other program."
Uhhhhh, say that again, please?

Location hidden

#25402 Sep 24, 2013
Sorry, for the duplicate post #25,400- thought it didn't post.
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

#25403 Sep 24, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>Right Wing Whackos debunked again,
read it and weep....

Right-Wing Media's Latest Zombie Myth: Congress Is "Exempt" From Obamacare
Research September 17, 2013
http://mediamatters.org/research/2013/09/17/r...
Damn those pesky facts.

We are Right Wingers and we lie with impunity - we don't care what stinkin facts prove we're lying.

Congress is not exempt" from ObamaCare, and there is no "Special Subsidy" for Congressional staffers, but by God, it sounds good, so we'll just keep lying.

Besides, anybody stupid enough to believe us Right Wing Wackos deserves to be deceived.
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

#25404 Sep 24, 2013
Now wrote:
Oh my thinks it's ok for staffers and elected jerks to get 2 subsidies while the rest of America only gets one.
Typical libroid, ever hopeful of being elected Bean Counter.
Waaaaahhhhh !

Wasaaahhhhh !

I'm a Right Wing Wacko Terrorist.

Those damn Democrats won the election and now they want us freeloading deadbeats to pay our own medical bills. We Right Wing Wacko Terrorists never pay our own way - we have always been freeloading deadbeats and we'll stay that wAy forever.

If'n this damn democratically elected government won't back down and give us minority deadbeats our way - we gonna blow up America's economy and destroy our children's future.

Thanks Al Queda - we Right Wing Wacko Terrorists are happy as hell you showed us how to terrorize the people to get our way.
OMTE

Byron, GA

#25405 Sep 24, 2013
Go Ted Cruz and Mike Lee!!!!!
http://personalliberty.com/2013/09/24/breakin...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#25406 Sep 24, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now along comes Congress and their staff, they do not have to worry about the tax credit/subsidy or whether or not they make too much money to be eligible. Thanks to the exemption they will get their old subsidies (adjusted for inflation of course) NO MATTER WHAT their income. Get it - they don't have to qualify for a subsidy, nor are they limited to the amount of the subsidy as authorized by the ACA formula, they get it automatically. Whether or not they are the lowly staffer that makes $30,000 or the Chiefs of Staff who (in 2009) made $120,000.
Tol ja.:)))

Location hidden

#25407 Sep 24, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pelosi highlights:
"Every week we don't pass a stimulus package, 500 million Americans lose their jobs."
"Unemployment benefits are creating jobs faster than practically any other program."
She should take her show on the road.
WHY does this administration continue to let her out of her cage? I suppose it's because she is fawning over a president who thinks we have 57 states with a couple more to boot.
silver foxx

Rebecca, GA

#25408 Sep 24, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pelosi highlights:
Yeah, let's cut the lover of designer clothes & air force taxis a break, we'll blame the "botox." Hilarious!!!

Location hidden

#25409 Sep 24, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Tol ja.:)))
When you're right, you're right. ;)

To deny that Congress and their staffers are getting a subsidy not available to the rest of America is to not just drink the kool aid, but to chug that whole pitcher.

Location hidden

#25410 Sep 24, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
To deny that Congress and their staffers are getting a subsidy not available to the rest of America is to not just drink the kool aid, but to chug that whole pitcher.
Yep!*laughing*
(I bet she is tearing UP the internet looking for some left wing drivel to support her agenda.)

Location hidden

#25411 Sep 24, 2013
silver foxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, let's cut the lover of designer clothes & air force taxis a break, we'll blame the "botox." Hilarious!!!
Do you think we should cut her a break for being a flagrant hypocrite in terms of her non-union friendly restaurants and hotels? And then there is her $1,000,000 investment in a golf club that promised it would be both accessible to the public and environmentally friendly in order to receive the permits allowing it to be built. But somehow those promises were forgotten once the golf course was approved.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2013/03/n...
http://www.conservapedia.com/Nancy_Pelosi
Now

Toccoa, GA

#25412 Sep 24, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Waaaaahhhhh !
Wasaaahhhhh !
I'm a Right Wing Wacko Terrorist.
Those damn Democrats won the election and now they want us freeloading deadbeats to pay our own medical bills. We Right Wing Wacko Terrorists never pay our own way - we have always been freeloading deadbeats and we'll stay that wAy forever.
If'n this damn democratically elected government won't back down and give us minority deadbeats our way - we gonna blow up America's economy and destroy our children's future.
Thanks Al Queda - we Right Wing Wacko Terrorists are happy as hell you showed us how to terrorize the people to get our way.

go play with yourself pervert.
Now

Toccoa, GA

#25413 Sep 24, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>

The chug-a-lugs.
I like it.

Now

Toccoa, GA

#25414 Sep 24, 2013
Looks like secession is going on in calif.

I have heard that all new things start in calif.

http://www.redding.com/news/2013/sep/24/modoc...

Now

Toccoa, GA

#25415 Sep 24, 2013
First Syria, now Iran...

"Rouhani declines to meet Obama at United Nations General Assembly"

Obama is groveling and no one cares... Kinda reminds me of Carter and Iran.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/09/obama-h...

Now

Toccoa, GA

#25416 Sep 24, 2013
Future of America under Obamacare.......

"Spain healthcare suffering 'devastating' cuts "

http://www.france24.com/en/20130924-spain-hea...
Now

Toccoa, GA

#25417 Sep 24, 2013
Looks like Obamacare is just another Mediciad product.

Most Doctors do not accept Medicaid.

"NYT: Americans Will Have Very Limited Doctor Choices on Obamacare Exchanges "

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Athens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nicholson woman arrested following undercover p... Feb 5 DeForest 1
easy women Feb 3 ready 1
News UGA takes lead on celebrations of Black History... Feb 1 powertomypeople 4
unfair non unified government of athens clarke ... Jan 30 Necrinomocan 8
Another UGA Student found DEAD...... (May '15) Jan 30 Necrinomocan 2
and you thought government cared what you think Jan 30 Necrinomocan 3
ort is the wrong party in court Jan 30 Necrinomocan 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Athens Mortgages