Now

Baldwin, GA

#24724 Sep 17, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>Now that is real cool- trying to politicize a national tragedy before the victims are even buried. I wondered who would be the first to do it- I should have known!

Nothing political about it, it's just gun control dummy, and as your friends the libroids with hemorrhoids would say, "never let a good killing go to waste."

BTW --An average 115 people die each day in America in auto accidents, where'e your bleeding heart on this statistic?

Now

Baldwin, GA

#24725 Sep 17, 2013
Well, this is NOT going to work for Libroids.....whether they be bioethicists, climate cultists, or Obama worshippers!!

"Seen At 11: Getting Personal – Your Pulse Could Be Your New Password."

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/09/16/seen-a...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#24726 Sep 17, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately not everyone has the well-ordered life that you do, for some there are more important matters that need attention. Not everyone lives in a small town where dealing with a government agency doesn't involve parking hassles, long lines, and hours out of a day. So what if it takes a few extra minutes to verfiy and change information at the polling place, if this activity contributes to longer lines, then simply extend early voting. Besides, local government is setting up and maintaining multiple elections offices in an election year to make it easy for folks.
"If you have already registered to vote in Florida, but need to change your name, address or party affiliation, update your signature, or apply for a replacement card:
Fill in the Voter Registration Application online. If you wish, you can print the application and write your information in with a black ballpoint pen.
You may make the change in person, by phone or other electronic means or by other signed, written notice (e.g., Florida Voter Registration Application). "
====
So just how "disordered" a life must one lead to not be able to either go on-line, go to the public library and use their computer, use the phone, use a neighbor's phone or even go in person to make the changes?
Your response is so illustrative of the Left, no one is responsible for even the least little bit of effort. The government is expected to spoon feed everything - pathetic.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#24727 Sep 17, 2013
Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing political about it, it's just gun control dummy, and as your friends the libroids with hemorrhoids would say, "never let a good killing go to waste."
BTW --An average 115 people die each day in America in auto accidents, where'e your bleeding heart on this statistic?
saying that he was a liberal that supported Obama IS POLITICAL- DUMBASS!!!
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#24728 Sep 17, 2013
Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, and I hear that the guy drove a Chevy Pick-up, too. Maybe we should all blame General Motors- that makes about as much damn sense, My God- you're stupid!
small business

Dahlonega, GA

#24729 Sep 17, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
You do understand you defeat your own argument ?
You start out explaining how wrong those of us are who point out that generalized, vague, imprecise terms are an anathema to logical discourse;
then you devote 90% of your post to describing how difficult is is to assure all parties share a common definition.
Thanks for the humor.
I am a "Pop", if my business grosses over $3 Million a year in revenue is my business is a "Mom and Pop" business?
No you're an unpleasant and ill informed person. You pretend to know something about which you have no clue. It is the uncertainty, the changing of the rules continually and without any reason other than to justify the existence of another government employee or program that creates problems for those who actually do something productive.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#24730 Sep 17, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
From wonkette.com ...
If there’s anyone we can trust for her expertise on health care policy, it’s Betsy McCaughey, the genius who decided that if Medicare pays for seniors to meet with a doctor to discuss living wills, that’s a DEATH PANEL. That’s a he** of a lie, and really, there’s no way she could hope to top it. But there’s still plenty of stuff to lie about, so how about this? In Sunday’s New York Post, McCaughey warns that as soon as Obamacare goes into effect, The Government will require every doctor you visit to ask intrusive questions about whom and how you are sexing:
...We know that this will happen, because … well, she can’t actually identify where the ACA says that, but it’s scary, isn’t it? Are you scared yet? Obama is going to probe your sex life, and it sure is a relief to know that Republicans don’t want to intrude on your privates.
Somehow, McCaughey has turned the ACA’s requirement that medical records be standardized and accessible by computer into a mandate that your dermatologist must ask you how often you have sex in the butt. And she found a doctor who agrees!
...Yes, we see, an interrogation! Like when the nurse asks what your symptoms are and what meds you’re on, or what you’ve been eating, that’s an interrogation, too! Now, what exactly are those “new requirements,” and where was HIPAA confidentiality overturned? And where can we look this up, anyway? You’ll tell us, won’t you?
...Aha, so the NYCLU warned that Obamacare would require all doctors to ask you about your sex life! Except for the part where they said nothing of the sort. Why, a fool might even think that they were making recommendations to improve the privacy of electronic medical records, instead of saying that they should never be used…
Typical liberal response. YOUR LIBERAL source is correct and all other sources aren't. rotfl You'll learn. You'll take the rest of us down with you and I hate that, but there is no stopping your innate ignorance. Why are you so dense that you refuse to accept that the government is intrusive? Why don't YOU tell us how YOU think Obamacare is going to play out? Enlighten us, will you? I'm sure you think YOU know how it's REALLY going to be.

Location hidden

#24731 Sep 17, 2013
Oh my wrote:
In which I debunk GOP lies re: health ins. rates skyrocketing under Obama with actual facts and math
TUE SEP 17, 2013
by Eclectablog
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/09/17/1239...
...During President Bush's eight years in office, annual premiums for a family increased from $7,061 to $13,375, an increase of $6,314 or, on average $789.25 per year. Adjusted for inflation, costs went from $9,313.50 to $14,653.21 or $667.46 per year.
When President Obama took office in 2009, annual premiums for a family were $13,375 and four years later have risen to $16,351 for an average of $744 per year. Adjusting for inflation, costs started at $14,653.21 for an average increase of only $424.45 per year.
No matter how you look at it, the rate of health care cost increases has reversed under President Obama.
It's worth noting a couple of other things, as well. First of all, the Affordable Care Act wasn't even passed until 2010, a quarter of the way through his first term. Also, many of the cost-saving elements of the Affordable Care Act, including the health care exchanges, haven't even started yet! The state health care exchanges that have already released costs are showing considerably lower premiums than were anticipated.
But there's actually more to the story of what has happened to health insurance costs since President Obama took office. According to a recently released report from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, consumers have already saved $1.7 billion in 2012 alone, thanks to the Affordable Care Act:
...the fact that insurance companies now have to justify double digit percentage increases in their premiums and the HHS is not having it in many cases. Additionally, they must spend no less than 80% of the premiums they receive (85% on for large group insurers) on actual medical care or they must refund the difference to their customers. This has resulted in significant numbers of Americans actually getting checks from their health insurance company...
Just wait until the health insurance exchanges start up next month. Suddenly, insurance companies will have to compete on a much more level playing field. When you can compare rates easily on a Travelocity-style website, the overly expensive companies are going to lose out to those offering their customers a good value.
An anecdote:
Was in line at a local deli last week and the counter person (young female in her 20s) was explaining to another customer that she needs health insurance. I could tell by the conversation that she didn't know anything about the ACA. My turn in line so I asked her if she could wait until 10/1 to purchase insurance. "Yes, why?"
Explained the health exchange to be set up, options available to her, subsidy available to her, no pre-existing condition worry, etc. She was incredulous! Later, I returned with a print out explaining more about the exchanges.
The navigators will be busy.
ROTFL
Really

Dahlonega, GA

#24732 Sep 17, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>...yeah, and the only side effects are a strong urge to kill, bomb, and maim blacks, Mexicans, muslims and gays- oh well, I guess that just comes with the territory, huh.
To kill off those deemed less desirable? Sounds rather Darwinian don't you think?

Location hidden

#24733 Sep 17, 2013
Now wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the guy who now has stem cells in his body. The same guy who draws SSI, ran or runs a business, sold all he had and borrowed over $700k for a new business. The guy is amazing with the books he reads.
This guy is Ugly Eve.
lol Yeah. He was at the Red Sea when it was dyed and the Dead Sea when it died. He has also been a butcher, baker and candlestick maker.

Location hidden

#24734 Sep 17, 2013
Oh my wrote:
Post away,
How Now Brown Cow,
When, Where, What, and Why.
Not one bit of your nonsense matters,
Everyone knows you're a Liar.
http://www.skepticalscience.com/global-warmin...

A follow-up study by the Skeptical Science team of over 12,000 peer-reviewed abstracts on the subjects of 'global warming' and 'global climate change' published between 1991 and 2011 found that of the papers taking a position on the cause of global warming, over 97% agreed that humans are causing it (Cook 2013). The scientific authors of the papers were also contacted and asked to rate their own papers, and again over 97% whose papers took a position on the cause said humans are causing global warming.
Seems there's a problem with that "Skeptical Science" study:

"The Cook et al numbers are somewhat replicable, only if search is limited to the Science Citation Index and Social Sciences Citation Index databases in Web of Science. Presumably, this made the job of classification easier. Contrary to claims however, this makes their literature search incomplete. It is neither 'comprehensive' nor produces the "largest" possible data set. The finding of incomplete search has further implications as it affects all conclusions drawn in the paper."

http://www.bishop-hill.net/blog/2013/5/27/lan...

And authors of studies cited in the study say their work has been misrepresented:
Is this an accurate representation of your paper?

“Certainly not correct and certainly misleading. The paper is strongly against AGW, and documents its absence in the sea level observational facts. Also, it invalidates the mode of sea level handling by the IPCC.”– Dr. Morner

“I am sure that this rating of no position on AGW by CO2 is nowhere accurate nor correct. Rating our serious auditing paper from just a reading of the abstract or words contained in the title of the paper is surely a bad mistake.”– Dr. Soon

“No, if Cook et al’s paper classifies my paper,‘A Multidisciplinary, Science-Based Approach to the Economics of Climate Change’ as “explicitly endorses AGW but does not quantify or minimize,” nothing could be further from either my intent or the contents of my paper.”– Dr. Carlin
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/05/27/the-97-...

==========
Reminds me of a similarly oft quoted statistic that 98% of scientists agree that global warming is man made. That little darling comes from a 2009 American Geophysics Union Survey comprised of two questions that was sent out to 10,257 earth scientists. Approximately 3,000 responded. Of those, only 77 responses were used to come up with the statistic. The authors like the 77 because they had been "recently published" in peer reviewed climate science journals. So that "98% of scientists concur" statistic is not based on a survey of over 10,000 as in usually claimed, it is based on 75 yeses out of 77 replies that were counted. And what were the two questions.

1. "When compared with pre-1800 levels, do you think that mean global temperatures have generally risen, fallen, or remained relatively consistent?"

Well it is hardly surprising that most would say temps have risen, since the world was coming out of the Little Ice Age that lasted from around 1550-1850. So yeah, duh, temps have risen.

2. "Do you think human activity is a significant contributing factor in changing mean global temperatures?"
-Wow, there's a clear and concise question - what constitutes a "significant contributing factor"?
Define significant, "changing" how - cooling, warming, what?

So just remember when you hear that 98% of scientists surveyed agree with the "consensus" that man made global warming exists - it is based on 75 replies out of 77 counted out of 3,000 received out of 10,257 surveys sent out. Doesn't look so impressive anymore, does it?
Really

Dahlonega, GA

#24735 Sep 17, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I have to be precise.
Every watch all those "Family Farms" where Dad drives a beat up pick-up truck to that pretty red barn where the son stands staring into the distant sky - waiting to pull a meager living from that unyielding land.
Yep.. They deserve government subsidies to protect the family farm and a break in inheritance taxes so the family farm can be passed down to future generations.
In reality, that's ADM making billions a year in profits, millionaires subsidized by working men, the continued accumulation of wealth in the hands of the very few as a result of estate tax exemption of over $5,250,000.00
Sounds like government redistribution of wealth to me.

Location hidden

#24736 Sep 17, 2013
Now wrote:
We have some members of the Warmism cults posting on topix....
This is one of their theories.....
"The most bizarre prediction of global warming doom ever."
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2013/04/t...
How about this dazzle of brilliance from the one, the only AL GORE in his acceptance speech for his Nobel Peace Prize? Yeah. He nailed that one, huh? The libs are the dumbest bunch of ingrates. Cracks me up.

http://blog.nj.com/njv_paul_mulshine/2013/09/...

Location hidden

#24737 Sep 17, 2013
small business wrote:
<quoted text>And for the right amount of grant money the "scientific community" will come up with whatever the grantor would like to see.
Follow the money.

"The only problem is -- Newsweek knew better. Reporter Eve Conant,... was given all the latest data proving conclusively that it is the proponents of man-made global warming fears that enjoy a monumental funding advantage over the skeptics.(A whopping $50 BILLION to a paltry $19 MILLION and some change for skeptics – Yes, that is BILLION to MILLION - see below )"

http://www.epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm...

Location hidden

#24738 Sep 17, 2013
Now wrote:
" Navy Yard Shooter Was ‘Hearing Voices,’ Had Mental Illness."
This is the only thing conservatives have to fear from libroids, voices from all those mental ill libroids.
And where a worn down President finally faces information he is NOT really up to being a good President, only a also ran, like dead last.
" President Barack Obama on Monday wearily lamented “yet another mass shooting,”
http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/09/17/car...
He was a Muslim who voted for Obama. If he had been a Christain who didn't vote for Obama, the media would be going insane. There would be 24 hour coverage on all stations.

Location hidden

#24739 Sep 17, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
To kill off those deemed less desirable? Sounds rather Darwinian don't you think?
Sounds even more like Margaret Sanger, the "beloved" founder of Planned Parenthood.

Location hidden

#24740 Sep 17, 2013
Now wrote:
Top Democractic spokesman Hank Johnson of Georgia weights in on the issue of climate change. He didn't say anything about an Island tipping over.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142412788...
Okay. This is funny.
You DO realize that Hank Johnson is the liberal brain trust, right?:)))))) He is going to be awarded the Nobel Brain Prize.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#24741 Sep 17, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe, but just who gets to do the "deeming"?

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#24742 Sep 17, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>My only real point is that if you are 6'4" and 240 lbs. and some little unarmed punk starts threatening you- it would be wise to access the real danger before you overact.
My point is that you may be 6'4" and weigh 240 lbs. You very well might get a very nasty surprise from some little punk that has a little .22 caliber pistol stuck in his back pocket. It will kill you. He doesn't need a rocket propelled grenade to do harm to you. A small country with just one nuclear bomb, a big ship, and a missile will destroy this country.
It is best to listen carefully and take appropriate steps when someone threatens you. Otherwise you might find yourself in everlasting death, misery, and in a country that no longer exists.

Location hidden

#24743 Sep 17, 2013
Now wrote:
"Congresswoman: Global Warming 'Will Destroy' Maryland"
Where do these people come from???
And why do they have so much influence over dummy voters??
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/congresswoman...
Well, remember that Obama was a failure in his first term and the dumb electorate re-elected HIM!!!!
I am telling you, the brainless libs are gullible to the extreme. It is rather amazing really.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Athens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Free Film on Cover-Up of Laetrile by Memorial S... 15 hr WJAbbe 1
Volunteer opportunities in Athens area Wed Cathe Ethims 1
Leave snapchat nudes Oct 16 Treblotm69 1
Comment on Ebola Article in Flagpole Oct 10 WJAbbe 1
any people into kink sex here? Oct 7 badboy4uenjoy 1
A different point of view Oct 5 guest 1
just say no to dangerous mammogram Sep '14 WJAbbe 2

Athens News Video

Athens Dating
Find my Match