Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#24278 Sep 10, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
BTW, I wonder how many right wingers are still so proud of George Zimmerman now that he has been exposed as a criminal thug?
I don't know what leftist paper you get your news from but you made me curious. Your wrong again, and so is your leftist newspaper.
I see nothing about in this new article him being a criminal-thug. He was released by the police and no charges were filed. Get your facts straight.
Now that is done, and I still do not care.
ww.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/09/09/...
Informed Opinion

Fort Myers, FL

#24279 Sep 10, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>OBVIOUSLY you've not read ANY of OI's posts. You would be puking yourself to death. There would not be ENOUGH ourside spaces to hold all of your puke.
Waaaaahhhhhh!

Waaaaahhhhhh!

Please Mr. Obama,

I'm a Right Winger so afeared of those mean nasty terrorists.

They're everywhere and they want hurt me.

Please Mr. Obama, only you cam protect us Right Winger trembling in fear from the mean terrorist boogeyman that lives under our beds and is gonna hurt me.

I know that I have a greater chance of winning the lottery - twice - than being injured by a terrorist,

- but I'll still help you agree the Constitution and use it for toilet paper if your just promise that mean Terrorist Boogeyman won't hurt me.

Please... Mr. Obama - we Right Wingers hate freedom if it means we might be exposed to even the smallest possible danger.

Freedom is sooooooo scary Mr. Obama - we Right Wingers are so afraid.

Help us Mr. Obama - Help us.
Informed Opinion

Fort Myers, FL

#24280 Sep 10, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>So, you are able to find some racist comments from some obscure politicians, then , out comes the "broad brush" to make your case that all Republicans are racists. Weren't you the one who, yesterday was accusing others of doing the same thing? Hypocritical much? Maybe that was some other "Oh my".
Yea .. It was so hard.

I spent at least 30 seconds locating a few dozen examples of Right Wing racism.

What a challenge.
OMTE

Lakeland, GA

#24281 Sep 10, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Waaaaahhhhhh!
Waaaaahhhhhh!
Please Mr. Obama,
Please Mr. Obama, only you cam protect us Right Winger trembling in fear from the mean terrorist boogeyman that lives under our beds and is gonna hurt me.
I know that I have a greater chance of winning the lottery - twice - than being injured by a terrorist,
- but I'll still help you agree the Constitution and use it for toilet paper if your just promise that mean Terrorist Boogeyman won't hurt me.
Please... Mr. Obama - we Right Wingers hate freedom if it means we might be exposed to even the smallest possible danger.
Cookoo! Cookoo! LoL. You're pathetic moron.:)
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#24283 Sep 10, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what leftist paper you get your news from but you made me curious. Your wrong again, and so is your leftist newspaper.
I see nothing about in this new article him being a criminal-thug. He was released by the police and no charges were filed. Get your facts straight.
Maybe you are right- there may not be anything criminal about threating your wife or mother-in-law with a gun!
The wb

Dahlonega, GA

#24284 Sep 10, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Waaaaahhhhhh!
Waaaaahhhhhh!
Please Mr. Obama,
Just remember cup cake, it's those right wingers that have protected your sorry ass for years.
The wb

Dahlonega, GA

#24285 Sep 10, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea .. It was so hard.
I spent at least 30 seconds locating a few dozen examples of Right Wing racism.
What a challenge.
Really? What did you find? Why do I ask? Fact is, you couldn't find your ass with both hands.
The wb

Dahlonega, GA

#24286 Sep 10, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
They judge others as if they were judging themselves.
Correct. They project the worst in themselves on anyone that doesn't walk in lock step with them and their perverse ideas.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#24287 Sep 10, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Dave, no "leftist paper"- just CBS, NBC, and ABC, If you are waiting to see it in the "world nut daily", then you may be disappointed!
The wb

Dahlonega, GA

#24288 Sep 10, 2013
So now Mr. Obama and Mr. Kerry are in step, they agree that Syria will offer to surrender their weapons because of the threat of use of force by the US. They finally got it right; Peace through strength. See even liberals can learn from others. They should give credit to Ronald Reagan for this policy that they have suddenly embraced.

Douglasville, GA

#24289 Sep 10, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you are right- there may not be anything criminal about threating your wife or mother-in-law with a gun!
The police didn't arrest him because his wife said that she didn't see a gun and the police found no gun.
Admit it you are wrong. No sin in that.
Informed Opinion

Fort Myers, FL

#24290 Sep 10, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>I just love it when you tell this story, but like the previous 4 or 5 times you always stop short of discussing the bloc of Southern Democrats that were at the heart of representing segregationist interests. And like all the times before, you fail to mention that these southern Democrats were to be absorbed into the Republican Party with Nixon's Southern Strategy, and have remained in the Republican Party ever since.
It's always entertaining when:

Right Wingers demand we forget about their last reign of terror and disaster known as the Bush Debacle - "because it's ancient history - all of 5 years ago;
then
Right Wingers want to take credit that the man they tried to defeat during the Civil War, Abraham Lincoln, was a Republican, and 50 years ago Lester Maddox, the man they elected governor of Georgia, was a Democrat.

They are just so darn cute.
Informed Opinion

Fort Myers, FL

#24291 Sep 10, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>Please forgive them, they are just unwilling to admit that their party(Republicans) was once a bastion for liberals(like Abe Lincoln), but has since devolved into a bunch of degenerate racist, bigoted and greedy hatemongers.
Do you think they remember how much the folks living in the South hated Lincoln.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#24292 Sep 10, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The police didn't arrest him because his wife said that she didn't see a gun and the police found no gun.
Admit it you are wrong. No sin in that.
He WAS arrested- but released on bond- now, admit you are wrong!

Douglasville, GA

#24293 Sep 10, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry Dave, no "leftist paper"- just CBS, NBC, and ABC, If you are waiting to see it in the "world nut daily", then you may be disappointed!
I just gave you the latest story from U.S.A.Today. Your leftist news media is distorting the news again.
Again, I don't really care.
The wb

Dahlonega, GA

#24294 Sep 10, 2013
Mr. Obama has asked that Americans consider those children in Syria that died on a cold floor and rightly so. My question is where was his compassion when he voted against the born alive act that gives protection to abortion survivors?
Wasn't politically expedient then I guess.
The wb

Dahlonega, GA

#24295 Sep 10, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Right Wingers demand we forget about their last reign of terror and disaster known as the Bush Debacle - "because it's ancient history - all of 5 years ago;
then
Right Wingers want to take credit that the man they tried to defeat during the Civil War, Abraham Lincoln, was a Republican, and 50 years ago Lester Maddox, the man they elected governor of Georgia, was a Democrat.
Lay off the MD 20-20.
Informed Opinion

Fort Myers, FL

#24296 Sep 10, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, when you step in it, you just dive right in, don't you? That is just one more myth the Democrats love to trot out to substantiate their unfounded and untrue claims of institutionalized racism in the Republican party. Let's look at the facts, shall we?

Where did all of the Dixiecrats go?

Democrats argue that Southern Dixiecrat racists fled from the Democratic Party to the Republican Party after the Civil Rights Act in 1964. That would of course be an odd thing to do, given that Republicans, who had a 100-year history of support for civil rights, voted for Civil Rights with much larger majorities than Democrats, who have a 150-year history of support for slavery, segregation, and the Ku Klux Klan.

The 150-year civil rights struggle can be summed quite accurately: it was a struggle of Republicans supporting civil rights against Democrats opposing it. By the mid-20th century, some Democrats had come around to the Republican view that blacks had civil rights.

The opponents of civil rights have always been Democrats.

But let's take a look at how many Dixiecrat segregationalists remained Democrats, and how many switched parties:

Dixiecrats who remained Democrats after 1964:

Orval Fabus
Benjamin Travis Laney
John Stennis
James Eastland
Allen Ellender
Russell Long
John Sparkman
John McClellan
Richard Russell
Herman Talmadge
George Wallace
Lester Maddox
John Rarick
Robert Byrd
Al Gore, Sr.
Bull Connor

Dixiecrats who became Republicans after 1964:
Strom Thurmond
Miles Godwin

http://egnorance.blogspot.com/2012/10/where-d...
Trying to pretend that Nixon and the Right Wing Republican gang didn't co-opt the South by trading in racism ?

Good luck with that.

Even the Right Wingers who did it, admit it.

RNC Chief says it was "Wrong" to Exploit Racial Conflict for Votes

By Mike Allen
Thursday, July 14, 2005

It was called "the southern strategy," started under Richard M. Nixon in 1968, and described Republican efforts to use race as a wedge issue -- on matters such as desegregation and busing -- to appeal to white southern voters.

Ken Mehlman, the Republican National Committee chairman, this morning will tell the NAACP national convention in Milwaukee that it was "wrong."

"By the '70s and into the '80s and '90s, the Democratic Party solidified its gains in the African American community, and we Republicans did not effectively reach out," Mehlman says in his prepared text.
" Some Republicans gave up on winning the African American vote, looking the other way or trying to benefit politically from racial polarization. I am here today as the Republican chairman to tell you we were wrong."
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#24297 Sep 10, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
then
Like you say- history is off- limits, be it 150 years or 150 days!

Douglasville, GA

#24298 Sep 10, 2013
Gee America, look what the Elite Unions are trying to pull now. They want us to subsidize their healthcare plans. That will cost $178 billion dollars over the next 10 years.
http://washingtonexaminer.com/report-claims-o...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Athens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Walmart Neighborhood Market coming to Atlanta H... Aug 5 toyotaman 1
americans love to be fooled by their own govern... Jul 30 wjabbe 13
one of the last great performances of elvis Jul 29 wjabbe 2
where can i buy dip underage Jul '15 Dipping_Myself_Re... 2
Vote for us please Jul '15 Guess 2
News It's warming faster in cities - but there are c... Jul '15 Schooled 3
News Report provides insights into Athens-Clarke Cou... Jul '15 jo jo whites 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Athens Mortgages