Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Where

Clarkesville, GA

#23473 Aug 28, 2013
hrodgers769 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ditto that! Democratic all the way!!!!

Youre quoting post # 2 of this thread, from 0ct 2010???
Typical democrat, nearly 3 years behind in getting news.
Where

Clarkesville, GA

#23474 Aug 28, 2013
Perhaps we have some liberals with bright bulbs who can explain what the details mean in the following link. Perhaps the poor and uneducated can understand it.
For the life of me, I can't understand.
Examples are given at the end of the article.

Just remember one thing, the Bronze plan only covers 60% of medical care, patient out of pocket cost covers the other 40%. The silver plan covers 80% of medical care with patient out of pocket cost covering the other 20%. Also remember the actual cost of the plan to those who choose obamacare are in ADDITION to the out of pocket cost.

Here's one example::
Monthly national average bronze plan premium
. Monthly national average bronze plan premium
means, for a month for which a shared responsibility payment is
imposed, 1/12 of the annual national average premium for qualified health plans that
have a bronze level of cover
age, would provide coverage for the taxpayers shared responsibility family members who do not
have minimum essential coverage for the
month, and are offered through Exchanges for plan years beginning in the calendar
year with or within which the taxable year ends.
(d) Examples
. The following examples illustrate the provisions of this section. In each example the taxpayers taxable year is a calendar year and all members of the taxpayers shared responsibility
family are ineligible for any of the exemptions described in 1.5000A-3 for a month.
Example 1
. Unmarried taxpayer without minimum essential coverage
.(i) In
2016, Taxpayer G is an unmarried individual with no dependents. G does not have
minimum essential coverage for any month in 2016. Gs household income is
$120,000. Gs applicable filing threshold
is $12,000. The annual national average
bronze plan premium for G is $5,000.
(ii) For each month in 2016, under paragraph (b)(2)(ii)of this section, Gs
applicable dollar amount is $695.
Under paragraph (b)(2) of this section, Gs flat dollar amount is $695 (the lesser of $695 and $2,085 ($695 x 3)). Under paragraph (b)(3) of
this section, Gs excess income amount is $2,700 (($120,000 -$12,000) x 0.025).
Therefore, under paragraph (b)(1)of this section, the monthly penalty amount is $225
(the greater of $58 ($695/12) or $225 ($2,700/12)).
(iii) The sum of the monthly penalty amounts is $2,700 ($225 x 12). The sum of
the monthly national average bronze plan
premiums is $5,000 ($5,000/12 x 12).
Therefore, under paragraph (a)of this section, the shared responsibility payment
imposed on G for 2016 is $2,700 (the lesser of $2,700 or $5,000).

http://www.ofr.gov/OFRUpload/OFRData/2013-211...
Where

Clarkesville, GA

#23475 Aug 28, 2013
Since G did not choose Obamacare, he is penalized $2,700 for year 2016.
The only way the gubmint can collect that amount is if G has withheld an excess of federal taxes from his payroll check.
If G refuses to withhold an excess in taxes, and instead plan ahead and owe the IRS a small amount when his 1040 is filed, then the IRS has no recourse to collect the $2,700.
In my opinion G will most likely refuse obamacare until his health fails to the point where he would reconsider and most likely sign up for obamacare.

Where

Clarkesville, GA

#23476 Aug 28, 2013
And here is an example of someone who chooses theobamacare Bronze plan, from the same link...

Example 1
. Unmarried employee with no dependents
.(i) Taxpayer G is an
unmarried individual with no dependents. G is
ineligible to enroll in any minimum
essential coverage other than coverage in the individual market for all months in 2016.
The annual premium for the lowest cost bronze
self-only plan in Gs rating area (Gs
applicable plan) is $5,000. The adjusted annual premium for the second lowest cost
silver self-only plan in Gs rating area (Gs applicable benchmark plan within the
meaning of 1.36B-3(f)) is $5,500. In 2016 Gs
household income is $40,000, which is
358% of the Federal poverty line for Gs
family size for the taxable year.
(ii) Under paragraph (e)(4)(ii)(C) of this section, the credit allowable under section
36B is determined pursuant to section 36B.
With household income at 358% of the
Federal poverty line, Gs applicable percentage
is 9.5. Because each month in 2016 is
a coverage month (within the meaning of 1.36B-3(c)), Gs maximum credit allowable
under section 36B is the excess of Gs premium for the applicable benchmark plan over
the product of Gs household income and Gs applicable percentage ($1,700).
Therefore, under paragraph (e)(4)(ii)(A) of this section, Gs required contribution is
$3,300. Under paragraph (e)(1) of this section, G lacks affordable coverage for 2016
because Gs required contribution ($3,300) exceeds 8% of Gs household income($3,200).
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

#23477 Aug 28, 2013
Where wrote:
Perhaps we have some liberals with bright bulbs who can explain what the details mean in the following link. Perhaps the poor and uneducated can understand it.
For the life of me, I can't understand.
Examples are given at the end of the article.

Just remember one thing, the Bronze plan only covers 60% of medical care, patient out of pocket cost covers the other 40%. The silver plan covers 80% of medical care with patient out of pocket cost covering the other 20%. Also remember the actual cost of the plan to those who choose obamacare are in ADDITION to the out of pocket cost.

Here's one example::
Monthly national average bronze plan premium
. Monthly national average bronze plan premium
means, for a month for which a shared responsibility payment is
imposed, 1/12 of the annual national average premium for qualified health plans that
have a bronze level of cover
age, would provide coverage for the taxpayer’s shared responsibility family members who do not
have minimum essential coverage for the
month, and are offered through Exchanges for plan years beginning in the calendar
year with or within which the taxable year ends.
(d) Examples
. The following examples illustrate the provisions of this section. In each example the taxpayer’s taxable year is a calendar year and all members of the taxpayer’s shared responsibility
family are ineligible for any of the exemptions described in §1.5000A-3 for a month.
Example 1
. Unmarried taxpayer without minimum essential coverage
.(i) In
2016, Taxpayer G is an unmarried individual with no dependents. G does not have
minimum essential coverage for any month in 2016. G’s household income is
$120,000. G’s applicable filing threshold
is $12,000. The annual national average
bronze plan premium for G is $5,000.
(ii) For each month in 2016, under paragraph (b)(2)(ii)of this section, G’s
applicable dollar amount is $695.
Under paragraph (b)(2) of this section, G’s flat dollar amount is $695 (the lesser of $695 and $2,085 ($695 x 3)). Under paragraph (b)(3) of
this section, G’s excess income amount is $2,700 (($120,000 -$12,000) x 0.025).
Therefore, under paragraph (b)(1)of this section, the monthly penalty amount is $225
(the greater of $58 ($695/12) or $225 ($2,700/12)).
(iii) The sum of the monthly penalty amounts is $2,700 ($225 x 12). The sum of
the monthly national average bronze plan
premiums is $5,000 ($5,000/12 x 12).
Therefore, under paragraph (a)of this section, the shared responsibility payment
imposed on G for 2016 is $2,700 (the lesser of $2,700 or $5,000).

http://www.ofr.gov/OFRUpload/OFRData/2013-211...
Waaaaaahhhh !

Waaaaaahhhh !

I'm a typical Right Wing Wacko Hypocrite.

I don't want to buy insurance to pay my medical bills.
I want the taxpayers and responsible grown-ups to pay for me and my family.
I love the government teat.
I won't be responsible for myself.
Romney was right- we Right Wingers do need the government to take care of us.

I won't - Won't - Won't - Take care of myself.

And you meanies can't make me pay my own way.

Waaaaaaahhhh !
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#23478 Aug 28, 2013
correction wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
<quoted text>
Matthew 7:12
New International Version (NIV)
12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.
Not sure what your point is since Jesus is restating what is already present in the Old Testament. Also, if you take the time to look at the link below you will see that this concept of reciprocity predates even the Old Testatment and can found distributed throughout the world. I would even venture to guess that it has its roots in our hunter-gather past, it is such a simple and elegant concept.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Rule
...As a concept of "the ethic of reciprocity," it has its roots in a wide range of world cultures, and is a standard way that different cultures use to resolve conflicts.[1][5] It has a long history, and a great number of prominent religious figures and philosophers have restated its reciprocal, "two-way" nature in various ways (not limited to the above forms).[1]

Rushworth Kidder discusses the early contributions of Confucianism (551479 BC). Kidder notes that this concept's framework appears prominently in many religions, including "Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, Zoroastrianism, and the rest of the world's major religions".

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#23479 Aug 28, 2013
@Where

Surprised? Me, neither.
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

#23480 Aug 28, 2013
I forget .... Was it "Who", "What", "When", "Where" "How", or "Sometimes Y", who was explaining to us how equal protection laws under Title 42 of the USC no longer existed ?

Last Updated: 7:11 AM ET
Merrill Lynch, one of the biggest brokerage firms on Wall Street, has agreed to pay $160 million to settle a racial bias lawsuit that wound through the federal courts for eight years, including two appeals to the United States Supreme Court.

The payout in the suit, which was filed on behalf of 700 black brokers who worked for Merrill, would be the largest sum ever distributed to plaintiffs in a racial discrimination suit against an American employer.

.. The pool of money, available to all black brokers and trainees at the firm since May 2001, is larger than those offered by other corporations sued by employees for racial bias, including Texaco and Coca-Cola.

... It also dwarfs recent payouts by other Wall Street firms, including $16 million that Morgan Stanley agreed to pay in 2008 to settle a suit brought by black and Hispanic brokers.

.“This is a somewhat heroic story because these plaintiffs just kept fighting and fighting,” said John C. Coffee Jr., a professor at Columbia Law School.“This is like a triple-overtime win.”

. Among the many twists in the case was the admission in a deposition by Merrill’s first black chief executive, E. Stanley O’Neal, that black brokers might have a harder time because most of the firm’s prospective clients were white and might not trust their wealth to brokers who were not.

... When the suit was first filed in 2005, only about one of every 75 brokers at Merrill was black and most of them were considered poor producers. The lead plaintiff, George McReynolds, contended that black brokers received little help from their managers early on and were often ostracized by co-workers. The unequal treatment compounded their disadvantages year after year, he contended.

For several years, his quest appeared quixotic. He hired Ms. Friedman, whose firm had pressed a class-action lawsuit against Merrill on behalf of brokers who were women who accused it of sex discrimination. Merrill resolved each of those women’s claims individually.

Ms. Friedman said that as many as 1,200 current and former Merrill employees could share in the racial discrimination payout.(As much as one-fifth of the money could go to the lawyers.)
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#23481 Aug 28, 2013
How wrote:
<quoted text>

Your own link makes you a Liar of the first order, an ignoramus of the second order, and a dufus of the third order.

And here is the rest of that link you PURPOSELY FAILED TO POST, which makes you an ignorant subverter.

In his commentary to the Torah verse (Hebrew: ca.1300 BC):
You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against your kinsfolk. Love your neighbor as yourself: I am the LORD.
Leviticus 19:18[10], the "Great Commandment"

First noted in the Bible 1300B.C., noted in Confucianism500 B.C., noted in Zoroastrianism in the 700 BC, Taoism in 604 B.C.

You are wrong, and I am right. Live with it!
How can you say that I failed to post when I provided a link to the entire article. Anyone who can recognize a hyperlink can click on the link and be magically transported to the entire article. If you had taken the time to examine the entire article you would have found the following:

The Code of Hammurabi,(1780 BC),[12] dealt with the reciprocity of the Lex talionis, in ways, such by limiting retribution, as they did concepts of retribution (literally "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth").

An early example of the Golden Rule that reflects the Ancient Egyptian concept of Maat appears in the story of The Eloquent Peasant, which dates to the Middle Kingdom (c. 20401650 BC): "Now this is the command: Do to the doer to cause that he do thus to you."

Each of which predates the mention in Leviticus and shows you to be someone who lies out of ignorance and prejudice, some might even see you as a perverse perverter of history.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#23482 Aug 28, 2013
How wrote:
<quoted text>
You dumb bunny, you dont know squat.
And only a pervert subverter would believe "I am of a sect by myself, as far as I know.", is a religion;
and leave out something like this, in the words of mile Durkheim, "religion differs from private belief in that it is "something eminently social.""
Also The facts you presented show Jefferson paid high tribute to the teachings and morals of Jesus. For you to deny that Jefferson
did not use those teachings and morals when compiling his thoughts on the constitution is the same as to say "he held his breath and did not breathe until the Constitution was completed."
And this statement "the First Amendment also does not require the practice of any Religion..."
No one ever said it did you dumb pervert subverter.
BTW, I used the word pervert first in a post. For you to emulate me is a form of flattery. I dont like your flattery, so find your own word if you have any original thoughts at all. But then you haven't shown any original thoughts at all in any of your posts. All you do is copy and paste, and even subvert the copying and pasteing to your twisted subverted logic.
And you fail to understand that a person can be deeply religous without belonging to any established religion. In the text supplied it clearly states that Jefferson was not an orthodox christian, in fact he was so unorthodox that he stripped the gospels of their supernatural trappings and wrote his own gospel about Jesus.

No where have I stated that the Founders were not influenced by their culture, I simply disagree with the level of religous influence seen by others, namely those who insist on referring to America as a Christian Nation, as if this bestows some preferential status to Christianity over other religions.
==========
"BTW, I used the word pervert first in a post. For you to emulate me is a form of flattery. I dont like your flattery, "

Here's a clue,
you don't like my flattery,
because it isn't flattery at all,
it's mockery.
And you make it so easy.
Where

Clarkesville, GA

#23483 Aug 28, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Waaaaaahhhh !
Waaaaaahhhh !
I'm a typical Right Wing Wacko Hypocrite.
I don't want to buy insurance to pay my medical bills.
I want the taxpayers and responsible grown-ups to pay for me and my family.
I love the government teat.
I won't be responsible for myself.
Romney was right- we Right Wingers do need the government to take care of us.
I won't - Won't - Won't - Take care of myself.
And you meanies can't make me pay my own way.
Waaaaaaahhhh !

I feel like Rodney Dangerfield.
I ask for a Bright watt bulb and I get a 5W dimwit.
Where

Clarkesville, GA

#23484 Aug 28, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you say that I failed to post when I provided a link to the entire article. Anyone who can recognize a hyperlink can click on the link and be magically transported to the entire article. If you had taken the time to examine the entire article you would have found the following:
The Code of Hammurabi,(1780 BC),[12] dealt with the reciprocity of the Lex talionis, in ways, such by limiting retribution, as they did concepts of retribution (literally "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth").
An early example of the Golden Rule that reflects the Ancient Egyptian concept of Maat appears in the story of The Eloquent Peasant, which dates to the Middle Kingdom (c. 20401650 BC): "Now this is the command: Do to the doer to cause that he do thus to you."
Each of which predates the mention in Leviticus and shows you to be someone who lies out of ignorance and prejudice, some might even see you as a perverse perverter of history.

Again, your post belies intent......

An eye for an eye is not the meaning of Leviticus as quoted and stated.

Will you ever stop subverting?? most likely not!
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#23485 Aug 28, 2013
How wrote:
<quoted text>
And this is the crux of our argument dummy.
And you finally give in with agreement.
Yes, I agree that the US Constitution established a secular government, and that Jefferson and Madison had to fight for the inclusion of the First amendment over the objections of those delegates who wanted to protect the established churches of some states.

Both Jefferson and Madison were well aware of the pitfalls of state religions since they both lived in VA and had front row seats to the restrictions imposed on minority beliefs.

This struggle continued into Jefferson's Presidency as evidenced in the exchange of correspondence with the Danbury Baptists.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#23486 Aug 28, 2013
How wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI: you're posting to an atheist..
You are a liar.

Your sick perversions run deep into your very soul and reveal themselves in your ever post.
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

#23487 Aug 28, 2013
Where wrote:
<quoted text>I feel like Rodney Dangerfield.
I ask for a Bright watt bulb and I get a 5W dimwit.
Oh please don't make us Right Wingers pay our own way !

We constantly whine about making freeloading deadbeats be personally responsible but, we don't mean us.

Waaaaaaahhhh !

(This is just too easy).
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

#23488 Aug 28, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>You are a liar.

Your sick perversions run deep into your very soul and reveal themselves in your ever post.
Please don't distract him/her/it.

I want to be the "perverted submarine commander).
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#23489 Aug 28, 2013
Where wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, your post belies intent......
An eye for an eye is not the meaning of Leviticus as quoted and stated.
Will you ever stop subverting?? most likely not!
The perverted liar changes his name in the hopes of disguising his perversion.

It is obvious that you fail to understand the meaning of the word reciprocal, as the concept of reciprocity can be expressed in many forms.

And of course because you are a known liar who, through the perversion that infests your very soul, must subvert the very words that are posted by others when you purposefully ignore the second example provided. An example that clearly reveals your ignorance and prejudice.

OMTE

Kittanning, PA

#23490 Aug 28, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please don't make us Right Wingers pay our own way !
We constantly whine about making freeloading deadbeats be personally responsible but, we don't mean us.
Waaaaaaahhhh !
(This is just too easy).
Translation: You can't explain it either. SMH. You've become increasingly pathetic here recently. What's up with ya dude? Maybe you and your dog need to lay off the stuff. Just saying. ;)
http://www.lolbrary.com/lolpics/35/crackhead-...
Where

Clarkesville, GA

#23491 Aug 28, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>

No where have I stated that the Founders were not influenced by their culture, I simply disagree with the level of religous influence seen by others, namely those who insist on referring to America as a Christian Nation, as if this bestows some preferential status to Christianity over other religions.
==========
"BTW, I used the word pervert first in a post. For you to emulate me is a form of flattery. I dont like your flattery, "
Here's a clue,
you don't like my flattery,
because it isn't flattery at all,
it's mockery.
And you make it so easy.

Again you belie your intent.
The whole of my posts was the Christian teachings of equality that influenced the founding Fathers in the writing of the Constitution. Nowhere did I say we have a Christian Nation, as I know we do not; especially when we have the likes of you.

You misinterpreted my posts from your own preconceived and prejudiced notions for several reasons, 1-we dont like each other and never will, 2- you are a fanatic libroid and I am a calm conservative, 3- you constantly belie intent, in addition to giving a true notion or impression of subjects referenced.

And 4-your sorry attempt to belie again, and say that flattery is mockery; when your use of the term shows otherwise.

OMTE

Kittanning, PA

#23492 Aug 28, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
The perverted liar changes his name in the hopes of disguising his perversion.
It is obvious that you fail to understand the meaning of the word reciprocal, as the concept of reciprocity can be expressed in many forms.
And of course because you are a known liar who, through the perversion that infests your very soul, must subvert the very words that are posted by others when you purposefully ignore the second example provided. An example that clearly reveals your ignorance and prejudice.
Just shutup liar. Dang you muslims are stupid.
http://www.demotivationalposters.org/image/de...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Athens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Offer me solutions Aug 28 Anonymous 1
Nightmares Aug 23 Earthflower 2
Talk Aug '17 SRK_90194 1
Face riding Aug '17 Yup 1
Moving to Athens (Mar '06) Aug '17 Atillah 11
News Man flees from Oconee police during traffic stop (Jan '16) Aug '17 Atlanta Puppeteer 4
Dos any one know where kara mo (Nov '16) Jun '17 Papa john 2

Athens Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Athens Mortgages