Waynesboro square redesign begins

Waynesboro square redesign begins

There are 2 comments on the Public Opinion story from Jun 16, 2009, titled Waynesboro square redesign begins. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

After years of controversy and numerous delays, work has finally begun on transforming Center Square in downtown Waynesboro into a more traditional intersection.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

What Next

Chambersburg, PA

#1 Jun 16, 2009
I hope the new design will make the downtown more inviting and accessible. We want to see people walking on the sidewalks and shopping in the stores. Please tell me this new design was done with that goal in mind, please. Downtown Waynesboro should be active (not just with cars passing through) but there needs to be a reason to make it a destination. Can we please move into the 21st century, I beg of the powers that be!!! It could be so nice.
What Next

Chambersburg, PA

#2 Jun 16, 2009
Oh, I forgot one thing -- we have enough storage units (thanks very much -- no more) and abandoned buildings. Why are these buildings just abandoned and left there to dilapidate (sp?). Can't they be recycled in some useful way?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atglen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: VP Auto World LLC (Aug '15) Aug '15 Hollyrm 1
News 'Amish Mafia' finds 'Forbidden Knowledge' on Di... (Mar '15) Mar '15 bill 1
News Dinniman invites comment on new stations (Sep '14) Sep '14 paul 1
Female nudes (Aug '14) Aug '14 Ejstrayer 1
News Chambersburg teachers experience the Chinese ed... (Jul '14) Jul '14 RayH 1
The New Car (Apr '11) Apr '14 David Walker 4
Review: EMB Specialty LLC Chester County Pa In... (Mar '10) Feb '14 V Lopshire 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Atglen Mortgages