Waynesboro's square to get redesign

Waynesboro's square to get redesign

There are 8 comments on the Public Opinion story from Nov 7, 2008, titled Waynesboro's square to get redesign. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

Big plans: State Sen. Terry Punt, R-Waynesboro, discusses plans for Waynesboros square on Thursday at Waynesboro Country Club.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

Towny

Sea Isle City, NJ

#1 Nov 7, 2008
Oh goody, finally!!!! But are we still waiting on the stupid brick for the square? We all know that Waynesboro's square will be the new Greenwich Village with sidewalk cafe's, etc.

Let's just get this over with. Get traffic moving through downtown as fast as possible because to be honest folks, there's nothing to see here. Just drive on through. No amount of parking will change the fact that downtown Waynesboro is dead and the last rights should have been given years ago.
cmm

Duncannon, PA

#2 Nov 7, 2008
good one! Towny

....will this stop our pedestrians from strolling out in the crosswalk without waiting for vehicles to stop!
What Else Is New

Middleburg, FL

#3 Nov 7, 2008
PennDOT has been trying to force Waynesboro to change its square for years. Why? Greencastle has it's round square. So does Chambersburg. Hell, even Gettysburg. Have you seen the amount of traffic that goes through there?

I, for one, would like to know why PennDOT is so intent on getting Waynesboro to change its square. These squares give each town its own unique character. Why does no one care about historic preservation?

As a Waynesboro native, I think this is a travesty. Someone's feet should be held to the fire. Punt, Rock, the borough council, etc.
watching

United States

#4 Nov 7, 2008
Waynesboro has a square?????
What

Elmer, NJ

#5 Nov 7, 2008
Waynesboro is a town?
Never heard of it
Drugfree

Newville, PA

#6 Nov 7, 2008
What wrote:
Waynesboro is a town?
Never heard of it
Lay off the drugs for awhile and it may come to you.
tinamarie

Biglerville, PA

#7 Nov 7, 2008
cmm wrote:
good one! Towny
....will this stop our pedestrians from strolling out in the crosswalk without waiting for vehicles to stop!
LMAO!!!
JCEC

West Chester, PA

#8 Nov 24, 2008
What Else Is New wrote:
PennDOT has been trying to force Waynesboro to change its square for years. Why? Greencastle has it's round square. So does Chambersburg. Hell, even Gettysburg. Have you seen the amount of traffic that goes through there?
I, for one, would like to know why PennDOT is so intent on getting Waynesboro to change its square. These squares give each town its own unique character. Why does no one care about historic preservation?
As a Waynesboro native, I think this is a travesty. Someone's feet should be held to the fire. Punt, Rock, the borough council, etc.
This is precisely the thought process that has held up this long overdue project. The square is not going anywhere, its being given a much needed facelift and improved safety for pedestrians and motorists alike. Senators’ Punt and Rock (especially Punt though, my hat is off to you) should be applauded for bringing these much needed improvements to downtown Waynesboro.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atglen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: VP Auto World LLC (Aug '15) Aug '15 Hollyrm 1
News 'Amish Mafia' finds 'Forbidden Knowledge' on Di... (Mar '15) Mar '15 bill 1
News Dinniman invites comment on new stations (Sep '14) Sep '14 paul 1
Female nudes (Aug '14) Aug '14 Ejstrayer 1
News Chambersburg teachers experience the Chinese ed... (Jul '14) Jul '14 RayH 1
The New Car (Apr '11) Apr '14 David Walker 4
Review: EMB Specialty LLC Chester County Pa In... (Mar '10) Feb '14 V Lopshire 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Atglen Mortgages